HTML Abandoned Conquer the World [v1.5] [VagueRow]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
@ VagueRowDev
Found another small glitch in the hotfix: in line 639 you used "@playernickname" instead of "$playernickname"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: A couple more when meeting Ivy.

line 723: Did you mean for her to call you by name or surname? If by name, you need to drop the "Mr. ". If by surname, you should change it to "$playersurname"
The next page, line 759:
After her asking to be on a first name basis, your name is hard-coded in this line as "Nord" instead of "$playername"

Last edited:

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
solid start, fun concept, desperately needs a proofreader thats an english speaking native. A bit heavy handed with the 'blam you're my whore' kind of mind control but it does fit the premise

Revan84

Aug 13, 2018
Good start! English isn't perfect but that's easily fixed. The general mood and plot are excellent.
I don't give Patreonage to early versions anymore after seeing so many abandoned later on, but keep this up and I will happily support you in the near future :)

ythp

Oct 15, 2018
Bug: first time you can choose between Ivy, Debra and Kate, if you choose Kate first, then don't continue with the option at the bottom but pick any of other two people you get stuck. You can rewind to get unstuck.

VagueRowDev

Apr 30, 2018
Bug: first time you can choose between Ivy, Debra and Kate, if you choose Kate first, then don't continue with the option at the bottom but pick any of other two people you get stuck. You can rewind to get unstuck.
Yep, this one was on my mind while coding it. At first it was enough to see only one girl to open the path forward, but that seemed not elegant enough and now we have a problem. :HideThePain: It is easy enough to fix atleast.

@ DeUglyOne Yep I missed those. There are also some glaring issues on the writing.

I was thinking doing monthly releases but I will release one early, that will include fixes for all of these issues, writing fixes and with one or two scenes. I know that is not enough content. If I focus completely on new scenes and content at this early stage, it might pollute everything I do in the future.

Again I want to thank everyone for their positive comments and very constructive criticisms.

Reactions: Fish_lip

XXPHXX

Dec 29, 2017
Hot damn I went to sleep before it went public. Thanks for the amazing response. Loneranger11 I caught both of those after I uploaded it. Video file is very easy to fix but I still don't get that color issue. Passage is fine, it is like every other one, no tags interfering with it, all the statements are closed, it works at the start? I'm still hunting for it. Hegoz thank you for your suggestions. My English writer background is in a more scientific area, so it was hammered down to my head to write simple. But I also knew HTML genre will be reading-heavy so tried to write in a more artistic sense and made errors in both of them lol. telotelo I thought about using dialogue box style but then decided to color code the dialogue. Right now it look more like a novel but if confusion persists or gets more confusing when more characters join, I will get back to it. Pacing is... interesting. My idea is to implement a weekly loop but sometimes player character doesn't have much to do other than waiting, so sometimes it just jumps few days and next week starts. Next update I will implement ways to interact with other characters, so hopefully it will make more sense.

Edit: Found the color issue. Forgot to close the color thing. :KEK:
Good game, based on what you said here and what other people said as well. I just wanted to add my 2 cents even though usually I don't do because the game is made by you and your ideas.

A lot of people like this kind of style for HTML games, but I don't know if there are others or is it only me but I'd love to share with you what some of the player base might be into.

I prefer the sandbox type where you can move around rooms/houses/buildings/city locations because it's more interested for me to go around to socials with npc's and interact with stuff it makes you more immersed into the world of the game. As also you said HTML genre is reading-heavy. I agree to that but to be honest most of the games fail at capturing my attention and I end up only hunting for the video/pic content only only a few games were that interested to make me read the story and most of the time it's those sandbox ones that explains the story while you are interacting with stuff.

Where as games who have no loop and only a day by day system they finish fast and mostly I skip text because it's too much for me :)

I rarely do this because I believe you should be free to make the game you like without the pressure or being forced by fan-base . But somehow here I am typing this as I felt the need to share my thoughts <3

Good luck with game <3

1Teddy1

May 17, 2018
So how's the mind control?, the overview makes it sounds like we are using drugs and the only thing that comes to mind with the drugs angle is it's the devs convoluted way to just make his unlikeable MC dateable to the female cast instead some good mind control were we change aspects of who the female character is or implant commands/suggestions.

Mangananga

Jun 14, 2018
When I see a title like that with the MC tag, you get my attention super quickly. I know it's IRL stuff, but definitely hoping for some preg and harem content as well, fingers crossed and only dreaming of course, considering this may not even get further then this.

x0run

Mar 27, 2019
I like it so far and hope you will continue to update it! I'm a fan of Ash and Ivy's real life counterparts :D

VagueRowDev

Apr 30, 2018
Can't get past standing in the mansion with new update. no link to move on
Interesting bug. I just checked my version again. There should be scenes with the three girls, then a dinner scene and the end of the act. Have you seen these scenes? If not can you send a screenshot?

Edit: This is the normal mansion screen.
1649015116939.png

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes