YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
why you remodel alice, and now i start from beginning, and caught error like the another ppl, ToT
event I erase all my save, still caught that error,
The artist from the original Alice seems to have just disappeared. He needed to get another artist to continue, and the new one had to remake her older images to fit the style of the newer ones.

This error is new, and seems to only happen in Wonderland.

could be a option , but it seems to me that with every update the older are removed from the o.p.
hmm, the links may be removed, but the older files should still be in place...

does anyone still have the link to them saved?

Reactions: chaughton22

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
You probably just need dalate save from you User folder. C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\RenPy Becouse if you dalate game save are still on disc C
are you sure? did you check wonderland with no problem in this new update?
the error message seems to be specifically about something in wonderland the changelog claims to have just been added, and everyone who has the error seems to have it when meeting Alice, meaning wonderland and not the new area you can skip it to visit, so I can't see how erasing the old save would fix this...

Reactions: djustmie

djustmie

Nov 5, 2017
are you sure? did you check wonderland with no problem in this new update?
the error message seems to be specifically about something in wonderland the changelog claims to have just been added, and everyone who has the error seems to have it when meeting Alice, meaning wonderland and not the new area you can skip it to visit, so I can't see how erasing the old save would fix this...
that
plus the fact , i didnt play this game ever before , so i even did not have any safe file

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I am getting the following error immediately after unlocking Alice as a target

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'day_into_night'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 7, in script call
File "engine/core.rpyc", line 27, in script call
File "game/locations/wonderland/alice_house/inside/alice_house_inside.rpyc", line 48, in script call
File "game/events/wonderland/dialogue/alice_dialogue.rpyc", line 46, in script call
File "game/events/wonderland/dialogue/alice_dialogue.rpyc", line 207, in script call
File "D:\EGN Games\conqueredhearts-0.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1436, in execute
rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
File "script.rpyc", line 7, in script call
File "engine/core.rpyc", line 27, in script call
File "game/locations/wonderland/alice_house/inside/alice_house_inside.rpyc", line 48, in script call
File "game/events/wonderland/dialogue/alice_dialogue.rpyc", line 46, in script call
File "game/events/wonderland/dialogue/alice_dialogue.rpyc", line 207, in script call
File "D:\EGN Games\conqueredhearts-0.6-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'day_into_night'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Conquered Hearts 0.6
Thu Nov 19 00:13:38 2020
File "game/events/wonderland/dialogue/alice_dialogue.rpyc", Line 207
Change
Code:
    call day_into_night from _call_day_into_night
To
Code:
    call day_into_night_wonderland from _call_day_into_night_wonderland_1

Reactions: djustmie

nightdweller

Nov 30, 2019
File "game/events/wonderland/dialogue/alice_dialogue.rpyc", Line 207
Change
Code:
    call day_into_night from _call_day_into_night
To
Code:
    call day_into_night_wonderland from _call_day_into_night_wonderland_1
Could you tell me how to do this on Mac? I can't find the events/wonderland folder on the game application. Also, how do you open the alice_dialogue.rpyc file? Thanks in advance.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Could you tell me how to do this on Mac? I can't find the events/wonderland folder on the game application. Also, how do you open the alice_dialogue.rpyc file? Thanks in advance.
no idea how to find things on mac, but...

that's a code file. meaning that it should be just the same as a text file, but with an extension to avoid being opened and read or changing but what should not, like a wrong program or an user who has no idea what they are doing.

so... notepad can open it, or whatever mac uses instead.

there are other programs people use to code, but that is to make it easier to the coder by giving a better way to see what word means what, autofilling of codes, easier to indent and change more than one line, debugging tools and consoles... Things to make it easier to program, but are not needed to program.

nightdweller

Nov 30, 2019
no idea how to find things on mac, but...

that's a code file. meaning that it should be just the same as a text file, but with an extension to avoid being opened and read or changing but what should not, like a wrong program or an user who has no idea what they are doing.

so... notepad can open it, or whatever mac uses instead.

there are other programs people use to code, but that is to make it easier to the coder by giving a better way to see what word means what, autofilling of codes, easier to indent and change more than one line, debugging tools and consoles... Things to make it easier to program, but are not needed to program.
Alright, thanks! It seems I have to wait for the next update. Also, I tried opening it with vscode. It seems that the code itself is encoded in such a way that only programs like notepad can open them.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Not sure how to do it on a Mac. I'm guessing you couldn't just extract the attached file in the game directory?

Since Ren'Py is based on Python you will need that.
For RPA Archive files you need to extract them using
For Compiled RPYC files you need to decompile them using
RPY files can just be edited with a text editor. I use Notepad++ but an alternative would be

nightdweller

Nov 30, 2019
Not sure how to do it on a Mac. I'm guessing you couldn't just extract the attached file in the game directory?

Since Ren'Py is based on Python you will need that.
For RPA Archive files you need to extract them using
For Compiled RPYC files you need to decompile them using
RPY files can just be edited with a text editor. I use Notepad++ but an alternative would be
Oh, that's some good information. I didn't know that rpa is an archive not a singular file. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: masterdragonson

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
oh, so rpyc files are compiled. I thought they were just the code, never tried opening them myself...

also, doesn't masterdragonson's fixed file already work on mac too? I mean, you were not finding the file to past it over, but wouldn't you need to look for it to do the changes yourself anyway?

nightdweller

Nov 30, 2019
oh, so rpyc files are compiled. I thought they were just the code, never tried opening them myself...

also, doesn't masterdragonson's fixed file already work on mac too? I mean, you were not finding the file to past it over, but wouldn't you need to look for it to do the changes yourself anyway?
yes, but I couldn't find the directory. Also, if i put in the games folder and run the game; it will give a skins error.

3.50 star(s) 16 Votes