HTML Abandoned Conqueror's Heart [v0.042] [Mad King Cinema]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

SBT01

Jan 25, 2020
Why can the "Food:" value reach negative values, such as "-108"? When the violence reaches a certain value, the first appearance of a large minus which cannot be covered by hunting and the negative value of the number all grows, the violence sharply decreases and goes into minus. The idea is that the minimum value of food is "0"?

Mad King Cinema

Cinematic Angry Ruler
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2021
Why can the "Food:" value reach negative values, such as "-108"? When the violence reaches a certain value, the first appearance of a large minus which cannot be covered by hunting and the negative value of the number all grows, the violence sharply decreases and goes into minus. The idea is that the minimum value of food is "0"?
Are you reffering to the .03 release?
Food goes into the negative in order to calculate population loss as over consumption will reduce the population, but the high negative should not be happening in the .03 update as the popluation will produce a third of its food on its own. I will be retouching the statistics though.

Mad King Cinema

Cinematic Angry Ruler
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2021
Food goes into the negative in order to calculate population loss as over consumption will reduce the population, but the high negative should not be happening in the .03 update as the popluation will produce a third of its food on its own. I will be retouching the statistics though.
meant to say three / fourth

SBT01

Jan 25, 2020
yes, .03 release. It is clearly seen when to use only "Participate in raid". If necessary, I can add a save file.

Mad King Cinema

Cinematic Angry Ruler
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2021
yes, .03 release. It is clearly seen when to use only "Participate in raid". If necessary, I can add a save file.
okay I see the problem now yeah food is supposed to zero out after consumption part but I left it out by mistake

Mad King Cinema

Cinematic Angry Ruler
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2021

okay this is a patch to fix the issue

and a version of your save that has the population correction

Anon1357

Jun 7, 2020
Nice and fast update. Game really has potential. Continue on further buidling up the basics.
Enjoyed the older and the newer versions so far. Keep it up!

Reactions: Mad King Cinema

devron666

Feb 15, 2018
I'm getting a negative strength just hunting deer - which adds to their health after encounter. Is it intended? Noticed I got a scripted event for a broken spear, but nothing pops up to allow more stick gathering/spear creation.

Mad King Cinema

Cinematic Angry Ruler
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2021
I'm getting a negative strength just hunting deer - which adds to their health after encounter. Is it intended? Noticed I got a scripted event for a broken spear, but nothing pops up to allow more stick gathering/spear creation.
I’ll look into it. I thought I had cut out the scripted event. My bad.

Mad King Cinema

Cinematic Angry Ruler
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2021
I found the issue. I had forgotten to input the weapon switch back to fists.

Reactions: Anon1357

arkange994

Dec 31, 2017
hello sorry if i'm bothering but i don't know how to instal the patch can someone explain how to do that please thankt in advance for you're answer.

PS: sorry if i made mistake in my writting english is not my language

Mad King Cinema

Cinematic Angry Ruler
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2021
hello sorry if i'm bothering but i don't know how to instal the patch can someone explain how to do that please thankt in advance for you're answer.

PS: sorry if i made mistake in my writting english is not my language
Hi, replace the html file in the original folder with the one in the patch.

Sleel

Mar 2, 2018
Ah yeah. I need to reduce the attack chance.

I see what you’re saying. The code really would not be too hard for that. I need to clean up the code quite a bit though.
Another thing to not be tempted by that damn near everything goes for. (Promted by the changelog saying reduced stats for spear) Spears are not trash. They were the preeminent weapon on the battlefield for almost the entirety if history for a reason. Especially don't go with the 'sword beats spears' trope. Watch some testing fights done between re-enactors and HEMA ppl with sword and spear. Both duels and group. Out of 10 tries of single and group each, or thereabouts, the swordman won....ONCE. It's a vid on Lindybeige's site (does historical stuff, archeologist).
It truly does get tiresome having games all over the place acting like a spear is a glorified stick and there was no reason for ppl to keep using it after they invented ANYthing else to fight with. Ppl used it cause it worked. Being cheap is just bonus.

Here is one of his spear vids. He has multiple.

Reactions: Lerd0 and Godogma
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote