HTML Abandoned Conqueror's Heart [v0.042] [Mad King Cinema]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Mad King Cinema

Cinematic Angry Ruler
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2021
Another thing to not be tempted by that damn near everything goes for. (Promted by the changelog saying reduced stats for spear) Spears are not trash. They were the preeminent weapon on the battlefield for almost the entirety if history for a reason. Especially don't go with the 'sword beats spears' trope. Watch some testing fights done between re-enactors and HEMA ppl with sword and spear. Both duels and group. Out of 10 tries of single and group each, or thereabouts, the swordman won....ONCE. It's a vid on Lindybeige's site (does historical stuff, archeologist).
It truly does get tiresome having games all over the place acting like a spear is a glorified stick and there was no reason for ppl to keep using it after they invented ANYthing else to fight with. Ppl used it cause it worked. Being cheap is just bonus.

Here is one of his spear vids. He has multiple.
I see what you’re getting at, but the current spear is trash since its a primitive stick and bone spear. I’ll be adding stone spears and iron spears as the game goes on.

Gusao

Jun 28, 2018
hey so im running into an issue in combat where I deal negative damage and that raises the enemy's health each turn. im gonna try running that patch and ill see if that helps it at all. great game by the way, i love the concept and mechanics of it all!

Sleel

Mar 2, 2018
I see what you’re getting at, but the current spear is trash since its a primitive stick and bone spear. I’ll be adding stone spears and iron spears as the game goes on.
Ahh, good. I like these kinda city builder games. More to em then just clicking to the next scene, for when you want that more.

neossoen

Dec 12, 2020
At some point i always got hte problem to do 0 or negativ damage, healing the enamy. Can someone eyplain why this happen?

Mad King Cinema

Cinematic Angry Ruler
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2021
The patch destroyed all my saves. Is that normal?
I’m actually not sure if that is normal. Sorry about that. It may be that your computer considered it a different html file and the save may be linked to the old one. Its just a theory though.

Godogma

Aug 16, 2017
This game is way too grindy currently and it's way too easy to get into a death spiral; if you focus on building up reputation you can't eat, and the villagers still don't produce their own food.

The player shouldn't have to hunt multiple large game animals a day to support a tribe of people; an average whitetail buck dresses out to between 60 and 75lbs of meat and tribespeople ate things we consider trash and throw away.

A wild boar between 120 and 140...

If you focus on building up your stamina etc the tribe itself goes into a death spiral because evidently the outcast with malnutrition (who eats whole pigs and deer per day without his stomach exploding) is REQUIRED to feed them.

In short the basic premise behind this game needs some real work. It's quite interesting conceptually and I'm interesting in seeing where it'll go in the future but right now the constant death spirals before I ever pass my "Rite of Passage" make it so I don't care to continue trying to get further.

EDIT - Also, why is the main character supposed to be helping these assholes to start with? They constantly harass you at the top of the screen and you have to GIVE them food or they won't survive and yet if you want to eat out of the community meals you have to pay 2 Gold for the privilege.

You certainly don't get paid what the meat's worth when you sell it.

Basically falls under the needs a rethink thing I suppose.

Last edited:

Klangkugel

Sep 2, 2021
Looks promising.
If this game is already race centric will there be more breeding/impregnation stuff added later on, and will the population eventually play a role larger than just more mouth to feed?

Definitely on my watch list though.

neossoen

Dec 12, 2020
That´s one of my save files. After research some time i recocnised, that my strength is -1. How do i get strength back.

tijger08

May 6, 2018
if I don't use the patch I get a completely different game and if I use the patch I don't see an image?

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote