VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 153 Votes

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Lack of eroticism.
IMO, eroticism belongs between characters who share more than friendship. Eroticism between friends or colleagues in ordinary daily situations feels out of place and devalues it for further scenes. And an extensive amount of suggestive camera angles in out-of-place circumstances feels like blue balling. This is why there aren't a lot of ME2-style shots. I'm open to your opinion on that, would you like more?
The fuck? Eroticism is not always about intimacy, eroticism can be anywhere anytime. Like a hot cashier at the supermarket, she was born that hot and uniforms fit her womanly forms. The game takes place in a grey enviroment so I can understand the lack of eroticism to some extent but don't disregard it altogether.

aizrb-3fzuh.jpg

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1701456220334.png
sqwl, take notes, buddy!
This is how you build a team of strong bonded work buddies!
1701456245083.png
Elsa should very well invite MC, Alice and Emm to a scorchingly throbbing team building stress relieving session!
she will have major presence in the story including different paths
Making a major impact deep inside the hearts and minds of players everywhere around the globe.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
View attachment 3133931
sqwl, take notes, buddy!
This is how you build a team of strong bonded work buddies!
View attachment 3133933
Elsa should very well invite MC, Alice and Emm to a scorchingly throbbing team building stress relieving session!

Making a major impact deep inside the hearts and minds of players everywhere around the globe.
And how would this fit in the story ?

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022

Hello,
It was a slightly chaotic week for me. How was yours?
First week of rendering, completed 2 small scenes and now working on a third one.
The first one's always free, so:

Scenes so far turn out to be bigger than I want them to be, plus I added two new to improve story flow. Update size becomes a big concern at this point. As mentioned before, I have to keep it under some reasonable size, but there are 3 scenes that shouldn't be touched and they, by my expectation, will take at least half of available render count.

Talking about this, I made a visual representation of work progress. But before that:
Please keep in mind that 100% of production bar represent planned amount of renders. I don't know the exact number I'll need in the end. Further down in the development, when I'll have a clearer picture, I'll realign the bar accordingly.
Don't look too much into the numbers. The chart was made to display progress that have been made rather than when the update will be ready.

There's a wallpaper post I've promised you. Sorry for the delay. I'll make it as soon as development will enter its more steady phase.
That's it for today.
Thank you for your support.
See you.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022

Hello,
The next report on Friday 22nd will be a paid post.
This week, I finished the scene I mentioned in a previous post. It happened to be lengthy, but its time to render looks OK. Now I'm working on probably 4th scene. I've reduced the environment and everything I could in that scene. I did a test run, and render time looks really great for that one. Success.
On that note, the story of success for this week ends. I fell behind schedule, this week I'm about 10% off target.
I had some unexpected personal matters I couldn't postpone, and that certainly contributed to an unsatisfactory result. But besides that, I was generally struggling with work this week.

But fear not, the combined outcome of the past weeks is still healthy above the plan. Success, somewhat, achieved by sqwl of previous week.
Thanks for you time.
See you.

MaxRichard

Oct 7, 2023
Personally I spent my week thinking about how the song "Elevator Love Letter" by Stars was perfectly written to describe the relationship between Elsa and the MC...

I'm so hard for a rich girl
My heels are high, my eyes cast low
And I don't know how to love
I get too tired after midday, lately

I take it out on my good friends
But the worst stays in
Oh, where would I begin?

My office glows all night long
It's a nuclear show and the stars are gone
Elevator, elevator, take me home

I'm so hard for the rich girl
Her heels so high and my hopes so low
'Cause I don't know how to love

I'll take her home after midnight
And if she likes, I'll tell her lies
Of how we'll be in love by the morning
I don't think she'll know that I'm saying goodbye

• Haha
Reactions: yossa999 and armond

armond

Apr 26, 2020
Personally I spent my week thinking about how the song "Elevator Love Letter" by Stars was perfectly written to describe the relationship between Elsa and the MC...

But the worst stays in
Oh, where would I begin?

I wanna love you but I better not touch (don't touch)
I wanna hold you, but my senses tell me to stop
I wanna kiss you but I want it too much (too much)
I wanna taste you but your lips are venomous poison
You're poison, running through my veins
You're poison
I don't want to break these chains

Bonus point if you know it without Google

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021

Hello,
First week of rendering, completed 2 small scenes and now working on a third one.
The first one's always free, so:

Scenes so far turn out to be bigger than I want them to be, plus I added two new to improve story flow. Update size becomes a big concern at this point. As mentioned before, I have to keep it under some reasonable size, but there are 3 scenes that shouldn't be touched and they, by my expectation, will take at least half of available render count.

Talking about this, I made a visual representation of work progress. But before that:
Please keep in mind that 100% of production bar represent planned amount of renders. I don't know the exact number I'll need in the end. Further down in the development, when I'll have a clearer picture, I'll realign the bar accordingly.
Don't look too much into the numbers. The chart was made to display progress that have been made rather than when the update will be ready.

There's a wallpaper post I've promised you. Sorry for the delay. I'll make it as soon as development will enter its more steady phase.
That's it for today.
Thank you for your support.
See you.
On a side note, Elsa looks incredible in a pencil skirt.

El Pene Del Diablo

Oct 16, 2022

But the worst stays in
Oh, where would I begin?

I'm too much of a skeptic.
I like Elsa, but I dont think she actually likes MC. She tolerates him sure, but there's no actual affection.

She has a goal, and her best play is to puppeteer MC into/through some yet unknown situation to achieve it. Everything is too calculated to be otherwise.

I'm just waiting for the plot bomb to snap that last string holding it up to break and reveal what that is.

Reactions: bigdickdonaldduck
May 30, 2022
Went into this with mixed thoughts honestly (after reading the reviews and all.. ) but it pleasantly surprised me.
Ngl, I was initially repulsed by the MC's behavior and everything else xd, but realised with time what the story was going for. The similarities with Fight Club were really interesting and not what I would have expected with something like this. Really thought that Elsa was not real in the beginning lol, but I am not really sure anymore. Enjoyed the banter between the characters and the writing in general does flow nicely. Renders are pretty good and are noticeably improving. The dialogue goes into some great philosophical stuff occasionally (props to the writing). The sofa flashback was an interesting creative choice imo. Overall, good shit dev.

Last edited:

MaxRichard

Oct 7, 2023
Went into this with mixed thoughts honestly (after reading the reviews and all.. ) but it pleasantly surprised me.
Ngl, I was initially repulsed by the MC's behavior and everything else xd, but realised with time what the story was going for. The similarities with Fight Club were really interesting and not what I would have expected with something like this. Really thought that Elsa was not real in the beginning lol, but I am not really sure anymore. Enjoyed the banter between the characters and the writing in general does flow nicely. Renders are pretty good and are noticeably improving. The dialogue goes into some great philosophical stuff occasionally (props to the writing). The sofa flashback was an interesting creative choice imo. Overall, good shit dev.
Good review. You may want to rate the game (4-5?) stars at the top of the page and paste these thoughts there for others to see :cool:

4.30 star(s) 153 Votes