VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 153 Votes

Wazzatheboss

Jun 1, 2020
Gotta be honest, though. When has Ed really been "nice"? Didn't he resent Emma since the beginning of the game? Depending on your choices he drops incel vibes on Alice and goes full Weinstein on Lucy.
Idk I get what the concern about being nice is supposed to achieve, but it kinda came out of nowhere.
He dislikes Emma at the beginning because she is a very tough manager. But it might be deserved because early Edward was a very lazy employee.

Edward has been "nice" when he tried be a good employee to get at the top. He worked really hard and produced a quality report and Emma stoled it to help her power struggle with the CFO and even requested weekly reports from Edward. So Edward got nothing out of it except more work and vague idea of a possible promotion.

The second time, thanks to Elsa's guidance, Edward blackmails Emma. He get a promotion with a path to the top and clearly catches the eye of the big boss. He gained massively. If he played nice like the 1st time, Emma probably stole all the merits of his work again. He feels like shit though because it was manipulative and cunning.

Edward is obsessed by Alice but he doesn't act like an incel. He wants to improve and become a better version of himself to be worthy of her interest.

And he doesn't go full Weinsten on Lucy, he doesn't force her to do anything.

Sep 14, 2023
He dislikes Emma at the beginning because she is a very tough manager. But it might be deserved because early Edward was a very lazy employee.

Edward has been "nice" when he tried be a good employee to get at the top. He worked really hard and produced a quality report and Emma stoled it to help her power struggle with the CFO and even requested weekly reports from Edward. So Edward got nothing out of it except more work and vague idea of a possible promotion.

The second time, thanks to Elsa's guidance, Edward blackmails Emma. He get a promotion with a path to the top and clearly catches the eye of the big boss. He gained massively. If he played nice like the 1st time, Emma probably stole all the merits of his work again. He feels like shit though because it was manipulative and cunning.

Edward is obsessed by Alice but he doesn't act like an incel. He wants to improve and become a better version of himself to be worthy of her interest.

And he doesn't go full Weinsten on Lucy, he doesn't force her to do anything.
Well to be fair to Emma, if you don't lend Tommy your scooter, Emma stands up for Ed and throws a bottle of water in the head of the stupid donkey that assaulted Ed, and before you say anything, Emma doesn't leave the scene in her car until Tommy shows up if you do lend him the scooter, implying that Emma was actually looking out for Ed by sticking around when it looked like there might be a fight breaking out.

And similarly, even she points out that she saved him from being fired over a dozen due to the willful ineptitude he displayed over the years, that she personally showed up and forced Ed to work might very well have been the only way she knew to activate him, and stop him from being fired.

And something that is likely lost on Ed with the whole Emma situation is that the cold bitch attitude she adopts in not only towards Ed, but it is how she presents herself towards all of her subordinates and even her executive peers (the only exception being Brown), now consider how fucking weird would it be if queen bitch showed up on the lower floors and instead of being her usual cunt self she was treating one employee in particular in an expressly nice way? Especially if that employee is a guy who fucks around the office all day never even putting in any effort, and yet never gets fired?

And also, the idea that she would not promote Ed is also in my opinion unlikely, he has not only shown that he is competent, but that he is discreet (well until he sprung the trap it would have appeared that way), why would she keep an asset like that on the lower floors where that asset could be poached or targeted by David and Neil, or where her direct communication with said asset ends up being limited? He would have been tied to Emma (as she would have wanted), but he would most likely have been given a promotion by her so that he would be working directly underneath her, I believe that even Elsa points out that it isn't unlikely that Emma would promote him.

Now with that said, is Edward's actions towards Emma wrong from the perspective of his efforts to advance his own career? I'd say no, it was the correct move, but not because he got even with Emma, it's the correct move because Emma is still going to be required to rely on him, she can't sabotage him without also damaging herself, and as such she'll be hesitant about running roughshod over Ed, even if she's pissed with him she has to respect him.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

gm1990

Dec 17, 2022
Really nice game, finally a game for wage slaves as well.

London corporate world is nicely portrayed. But MC should roll in cash having his own flat.

Ms Christiansen is my favourite. I thought she was half Danish, but probably Norwegian considering the Oil business.

Reactions: Sasanid

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Just restarted the game, cause I stupidly lost my saves, but I don't mind one bit, remembered why I liked that game, it's written way different than most, MC being kind of a loser at first and trying to better himself and all...

But I especially remembered why I loved Elsa.

Damn.

(didn't play the last update yet, don't know if things will change)

Reactions: Hwk47 and yossa999

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Nothing new about the development that I had seen. I keep subscribing to the Patreon for just one month every now and then. I can't afford many recurrent payments at once. My current subscription is about to expire. :(
Yeah I support him too, this year he tried to be more talkative, from what I gather it's pretty much just a sideline for him, but I think he at least tried to be a bit more engaged. Someone to do some promotion would probably help him, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walter Victor

nHEmA

Jul 22, 2021
So guys, what are the latest news about development?

Hey, guys.
I've been under the weather for the past week or so. One day feeling fine, the next sick again, some strange flu, idk.
I have made some work while feeling better: a few environments are ready to render, some text work, but I can't keep up with the production plan right now. So no payments this month.
I hope I'll get better and be able to get back to work in a couple of days.
I'll let you know.
See you.

And there is a discord now.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Man .. this dev is delusional big time ... really out there in the stratosphere of completely remote from this game:
Thank you for providing the updated ”views” of the dev, but this game is disprooving all of the assertions the dev makes about his own characters, their motivations and the lengths they would go to get what they need, especially the girls.

Last edited:
Reactions: armond

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Man .. this dev is delusional big time ... really out there in the stratosphere of completely remote from this game:
Thank you for providing the updated ”views” of the dev, but this game is disprooving all of the assertions the dev makes about his own characters, their motivations and the lengths they would go to get what they need, especially the girls.
So in way fewer words... you don't like it ?

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1701217675372.png
Anne ... this wonderful absolute goddess of a woman,
one phenomenal, real adult, full fledged woman in all senses of the word,
she gets it.
So in way fewer words... you don't like it ?
What? No .. not while even the dev is dissing and blue balling MC into oblivion.

Reactions: armond

sqwl

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2020
I keep subscribing to the Patreon for just one month every now and then. I can't afford many recurrent payments at once. My current subscription is about to expire. :(
It's no pay November. You should be safe to stay until mid-December or so. :)
It will be more like Ed becoming the queen
Would it be that bad considering the story takes place on some particular islands?:censored:

Sep 14, 2023
It's no pay November. You should be safe to stay until mid-December or so. :)

Would it be that bad considering the story takes place on some particular islands?:censored:
It feels somewhat rude to just ask it bluntly, but is there going to be an Emma path? I might be in the minority but that's all I want tbh.

4.30 star(s) 153 Votes