VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 151 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
OK .. so the movie this is all inspired after means that MC alter ego wins in the end,
even if that kills MC as this idiot being pushed around and shoved into a corner by
insecure unresponsive lost causes of all girls these 2 MC pursues.

Winning as brad pit is set in stone, so MC succeeding as alpha is the only way.

Alpha in actuality means you kick Elsa and the moronic brain dead heiress to the curve.

That is it .. you pursue actual strong women who know how to tango,
not idiot brats who come to you for help - genuine help like elsa does,
only to treat MC like dirt and so far, because of this insecure dev, succeed with flying colors.

There is no point in getting anything the way things are going - corporate espionage
is a doublecross and MC fighting the power while Elsa and the heiress enjoying having
so much moeny and power they get bored of it and around MC theyr
show their true moronic brain dead colors pout of it.
This pits them head to head in the fight:
- either for toppeling the status quo of morons running the world being actual non values,
the attribute the heiress expresses in spades,
while MC is getting ever more adept in predicting power plays and refining his program,
all the while letting all that prancing and ladder crawling Elsa keeps spewing onto him
get way over his head.

At this point, turning MC into dexter or hannibal lecter would actually be a fresh sharp twist.
Violence and meaningless pissing contests were all over fight club also,
but brad pit was dead on in his agenda, as was edward.

The attraction MC presents to the neighbor is precisely his alpha demeanor -
he has to keep pushing, owning her so thoroughly she melts into his eyes and his arms
and is powerless to his throbbing desires and feverish love making, all of that
because she loves the thrill he brings.

I'm hoping this won't become an option, i.e. if you choose to be an asshole, you get a bitter end, not succeed.

Oh, definitely. I don't think sqwl will do that though.
you know..I dont get how ignoring lucy when she brought the guy home gives loser points. i mean, if you choose to be friends with benefits, shouldnt stopping lucy give loser points since you cant even let your fwb sleep with anyone else, that's being insecure imo
Maybe play without min/maxing points, it's not a rpg. And "loser" points is just extrapolation on the meaning of the variable from the modder, unless the dev directly told him but I doubt it

• Angry
Reactions: NukaCola

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
That level obsession isn't healthy, even his pal Tommy seems to know about that, like he said he is going straight up against the wall without plan b. If he thinks that he has answer for every fuckin obstacles coming his way and gonna be as determined as the charging bull then I'll be mighty impressed.

Reactions: N66688

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
Looking back few pages and all those Elsa hate, i would say mc finally getting his shit together is because of her, i am no fan of someone pushing you around or try to insult or demean every time you start a conversation or hitting your ego with 240lbs but sometimes you have to swallow it without water, and i am pretty sure it's just a facade and she has some motive behind it good or bad time will tell but mc needs to stop acting like toddler for a change and use his nerdy cortex in the course of happening so and decide what's going to be best and worst for him, stop blaming others for what's happened, happening or going to happen in life. Most conversations mc had with Elsa were very meaningful, sure sometimes i felt like piercing myself with a needle. Dare i say she is an excellent guide, a friend and a very much love interest, of course with some taming. Working close to 10 yrs in corporate world and still couldn't figure out how corporate world works is close to bad writing, i mean he expected everyone to be fair and square.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The thing is .. he knows how it works ... brad pit had it all worked out and in full swing.

MC alter alpha ego is not the brad pit in fight club, rather the rudderless pretty boy in
legends of the fall.

MC has the skanks all figured out - he unconsciously knows he got nothing to say
to the brain dead heiress - yes she is caring, but in a nonsensical don”t give a crap way.
She has money and likes to play mother theresa, while acting like meghan markle:
all talk and little to no real work for change.

She does not care MC is working himself into the ground, Elsa does not care either,
yet many players seem to like and even adorn them, for the shallowness they bring.

The little money they throw MC is peanuts to them, but maybe gamers interpret
those meaningless shows of oppulence as friendship - they are not.

Come to think of it - the heiress could have gone to prada and bough a whole new
get up and twisting some innuendo and some legwork in the teacher office
would have gotten her top grades - yet she is so brain dead she actually goes
to class hammered and looking precisely as MC told her: skank out partying all night.

The game works because such a strange performance of poor taste in acting and talking
around people while throwing money at them to make them endear to you is what
wealthy babes do sometimes.

Like IRL, a lot can be forgiven for and through some deep throbbing make out sessions,
which must be the only hope keeping MC sane in this game - still dreaming of making it
with all of his babes, somehow, somewhere, hopefully in this game and not over the rainbow.

• Angry
Reactions: NukaCola

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
It's been so many years (>10yrs) since MC's been in mental comma but nobody seems to give a fuck, not his friend (talks sense sometime) nor his family but then some random lady comes along who seems to know the the way of bringing mc back from the void, even if it's all pretentious act (or not), and even if he doesn't like the way its happening (life is full of it). There is no need of caring and shit, mc is grown ass, needed a push, and he is getting it, now he needs to forge his life forward the way "he" wants. From whatever happened till now it obvious Elsa is relatively better among all the shitters life has offered to mc till now, if he is still sulking behind because she seems to act mysterious and doesn't have caring attitude (she might in future) then he needs end his miserable life jumping of his scooter.

Reactions: Aristos

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
It's been so many years (>10yrs) since MC's been in mental comma but nobody seems to give a fuck, not his friend (talks sense sometime) nor his family but then some random lady comes along who seems to know the the way of bringing mc back from the void, even if it's all pretentious act (or not), and even if he doesn't like the way its happening (life is full of it). There is no need of caring and shit, mc is grown ass, needed a push, and he is getting it, now he needs to forge his life forward the way "he" wants. From whatever happened till now it obvious Elsa is relatively better among all the shitters life has offered to mc till now, if he is still sulking behind because she seems to act mysterious and doesn't have caring attitude (she might in future) then he needs end his miserable life jumping of his scooter.
I just don't understand why in the world MC was "in mental coma". He took a huge bad blow and after that he didn't give a damn about anything. So what? what's the problem with this attitude?

I honestly don't give a damn about anyone or anything: am I in a coma? do I need a push? (well, I need a blow from a nice gal, but that's another story).

So, MC didn't give a damn about anyone or anything: welcome to the story of billions of human beings, dude.

Then a hot chick entered the scene and a new story started.

Corrige: TWO hot chicks entered the scene and a new story started: that's the story we're reading.

Raife

May 16, 2018
So... not a lot of forward progress in the latest update, but it was intriguing as always. I'm happy.

One of the (many) things that I love about this game is that repeat playthroughs are rewarding, because re-reading the early game dialogue tends to very cleverly (subtly, covertly) foreshadow events later in the game -- rather than in some stupid 'hit me over the head with it' Hollywood manner.

The dialogue in the GoT scene between Edward and Lucy, for instance, refers to a completely different character who has just been introduced, or to the nature of a developing relationship... and/or to a character that Edward might become under certain circumstances. That is totally unclear the first time you play the scene. In the best sense, this game is novelistic... it rewards repeated readings.

As for Elsa... she could, it's true, turn out to be just a hopelessly damaged, ruthless dom who just wants to turn Edward into her plaything. But... I cherish the hope that just as she is changing Edward for the better (and also, a bit, for the worse) he might also begin to properly turn his attention to her, recognize the value of what's there, and heal a bit of whatever made her what she is.

The funny thing is that Elsa, for all of her bluntness and seeming callousness, absolutely will not mistreat Edward in any way -- at least in any way that goes beyond hurting his feelings. What's starting to become clear is that, whatever her other motivations, she is 100% loyal to Edward... or at least what she sees as his best interests. And he seems loyal to her, as well.

I still don't have a clue where this story is going... but the journey is fun!

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I cherish the hope that just as she is changing Edward for the better (and also, a bit, for the worse) he might also begin to properly turn his attention to her, recognize the value of what's there, and heal a bit of whatever made her what she is.
Yeah I hope this too. I've seen this trope a few times, a woman helping a man to get better in a friendly way (or not so friendly) and falls for him in the end

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
I just don't understand why in the world MC was "in mental coma". He took a huge bad blow and after that he didn't give a damn about anything. So what? what's the problem with this attitude?
Are you for real now. Problem with his attitude was/is Emma's been fucking his asshole with her 20 inch cock, he's been living his miserable life like a piece of shit nothing less nothing more. Wasted his productive yrs as a lowlife when he could have done world fuckin valuable favors. Now he's been simping sorry worshipping some rich ass like a devotee.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Are you for real now. Problem with his attitude was/is Emma's been fucking his asshole with her 20 inch cock, he's been living his miserable life like a piece of shit nothing less nothing more. Wasted his productive yrs as a lowlife when he could have done world fuckin valuable favors. Now he's been simping sorry worshipping some rich ass like a devotee.
I don't see any differences between what was happening to him and what's happening to 99% office workers.

jufot

May 15, 2021
One of the (many) things that I love about this game is that repeat playthroughs are rewarding, because re-reading the early game dialogue tends to very cleverly (subtly, covertly) foreshadow events later in the game -- rather than in some stupid 'hit me over the head with it' Hollywood manner. [...] In the best sense, this game is novelistic... it rewards repeated readings.
This is a great point. I've been re-reading the flashback scene with Edward's girlfriend and his roommate, and you can see how, even back when he was supposedly "normal", his behavioural issues were there. Much less severe, but still apparent.

He had complete apathy towards everything, including his own life. He ignored the dark-haired girl who was interested in him, ignored the messy love triangle with the redhead, and when she eventually became his girlfriend, what did he do? Started ignoring her. Even when the whole thing went up in flames, he couldn't muster any real emotion beyond momentary outrage.

All that reads to me like a sad mix of introversion, depression and misanthropy. IMHO, Edward was already well on his way to becoming a toxic asshole - the redhead's affair only sped things up a bit.

As for Elsa... she could, it's true, turn out to be just a hopelessly damaged, ruthless dom who just wants to turn Edward into her plaything. But... I cherish the hope that just as she is changing Edward for the better (and also, a bit, for the worse) he might also begin to properly turn his attention to her, recognize the value of what's there, and heal a bit of whatever made her what she is.

The funny thing is that Elsa, for all of her bluntness and seeming callousness, absolutely will not mistreat Edward in any way -- at least in any way that goes beyond hurting his feelings. What's starting to become clear is that, whatever her other motivations, she is 100% loyal to Edward... or at least what she sees as his best interests. And he seems loyal to her, as well.
Elsa is 90% of why I read this VN. She shows telltale signs of sociopathy (lack of care for the feelings of others, lack of remorse for wrongdoings, the drive to exploit others for personal gain), and yet it's also clear that she genuinely cares for Edward, at least to the extent of helping the guy improve himself and his life. That suggests significant trauma in her past, which I hope sqwl will explore. She is really quite fascinating!

I still don't have a clue where this story is going... but the journey is fun!
On that, we agree completely :)

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
I don't see any differences between what was happening to him and what's happening to 99% office workers.
Exactly where this vn differs, you are looking through wrong lenses bud. They created or adapted the story of an individual who is destined to be someone special, someone who is capable of making a difference, and not about allegedly 99% of office workers, it's not lovey dovey novel where end goal is about which pussy to fuck, obviously the side goal.

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Final Chapter will be MC versus Elsa, for control over the company. He could have joined her, and ruled together, but he took her offer and threw it away~!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Same demeaning nonsense from the babes MC is pursuing,
gibbrish back and forth with the heiress and dissing from Elsa,
some more fan service from our wonderful neighbor babes,
same old, feels like going back to hell and all.
Is this update worth playing or should I skip it and wait for the next one?
Same old friends trying to hook MC up in bars.

CAMEASAP

May 23, 2019
Same demeaning nonsense from the babes MC is pursuing,
gibbrish back and forth with the heiress and dissing from Elsa,
some more fan service from our wonderful neighbor babes,
same old, feels like going back to hell and all.

Same old friends trying to hook MC up in bars.
Is it at least long enough to play for an hour at least?

4.30 star(s) 151 Votes