VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 153 Votes

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021

Hey guys!

First, let me thank you for your support through those months and staying despite all that uncertainty and no news and everything.

Now to the news, a good one:

I'm finally getting back to work. It will probably take me a couple of days to figure out where I left off, but it's nothing comparing to months we had to wait.

Just news:

All the time it takes to complete the upcoming update will be charge free - billing stays on pause as we agreed before.
But after the 0.5 update I will resume monthly billing and won't be pausing it as I did before (Unless some fucked up shit happens again, but let's hope not).

The reason for that is a lot changed in my life last year. And the game that used to be just a hobby, something you do mostly for fun and emotions, became a valuable source of income, much more valuable that I'd like to admit.

Now I'll do my best to focus on the game and devote more time to it. But no pausing Patreon because of that, sorry.
I've set some target numbers of images per month I need to reach. Don't expect some crazy numbers - there are still hardware limitations, but I hope the pace of development will improve. If, for some reason, I'm not anywhere near target numbers, then I'll pause the billing. But let's not count on it.

Also depends on how it will play out, scenes might become a bit simpler in order to increase production speed. I'm talking about scenes like the one with Tommy and the pub, and others big frame by frame scenes - those are pain in the ass to make. I'll try to keep to something simpler like conversations and skipping right to the start of it, without showing how someone walk into a room etc.

There are also might be drop in render quality. I used to spend hours switching lights back and forth for some minor improvements, now it could become more standardized across all scenes. Plus, I'm thinking about making a simpler environment, which should decrease render time and time it takes to set up a scene.

I appreciate your support very much. Thank you.
I like your ideas for speeding development. I'm glad you are moving forward with the project. It's one of the best on this site and I was worried it might be abandoned. It definitely deserves more attention.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022

Hey.
A quick update. Rendering's taking more time than expected, and 100+ queue turned out to be more of 200 queue after I put everything together, technically it's still 100+, but taking more time than I thought.
I optimized quality where I could. It can't be pushed more without turning it to a blurry mess. It's a hardware limitation at this point, nothing can be done without sacrificing quality. So all that left is to wait. Right now, it's about 70% through the queue.
Good news is that we were able to do part of post-work, proofread, a couple of test, etc. while waiting, but now just waiting :(
Suricat, I remember you writing in September that you didn't play 0.4.5 and waiting for 0.5. Had to take a bit of a detour since then, sorry for that. But I hope you're still holding up there. I will try to deliver it as soon as possible.

May 23, 2021

Hey.
A quick update. Rendering's taking more time than expected, and 100+ queue turned out to be more of 200 queue after I put everything together, technically it's still 100+, but taking more time than I thought.
I optimized quality where I could. It can't be pushed more without turning it to a blurry mess. It's a hardware limitation at this point, nothing can be done without sacrificing quality. So all that left is to wait. Right now, it's about 70% through the queue.
Good news is that we were able to do part of post-work, proofread, a couple of test, etc. while waiting, but now just waiting :(
Suricat, I remember you writing in September that you didn't play 0.4.5 and waiting for 0.5. Had to take a bit of a detour since then, sorry for that. But I hope you're still holding up there. I will try to deliver it as soon as possible.
thanks for the reply man

Reactions: Sin_Mechero

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
This game def has the potential to blow up. Just needs some more content to keep people engaged. I'm glad the dev is planning to give more attention to the game. Hopefully it will help get it off so he can get a decent income to be incentivized to work on it more (y)
as the old saying goes - would grandma have a dick, she would be a granpa.
fits perfectly here id say :BootyTime:

4.30 star(s) 153 Votes