4.30 star(s) 152 Votes

Guz007

Nov 21, 2021
Guys has this game been abandoned??
It has some of the best stories ever,
i hope this gets a update soon!

Drill Sergeant

May 9, 2019
Extremely underrated game. This is a hidden gem indeed.
The writing was great and so are the characters. Too bad there's no discord server for me to go show my support.
The games is too slow to update, thats why it might be that it lacks that much support, story and renders are great but not regular updates is holding it back.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
View attachment 2350731
destroyer of assholes has spoken :Kappa:
I wouldn't have worded it like that, but I honestly think the destroyer of assholes has a point.

It's difficult to say, where the story will go. We can only speculate on what we've got so far and what we've got so far is very little in terms of a possible redemption arc for the PC.
Especially Lucy's character arc is looking pretty bleak. Treat her like shit and she does everything for the PC. Treat her well and she basically vanishes from the game. The worst part about it is that she comes across as a good person, but it seems like she was supposed to fulfill the role of the gold digger, which makes me wonder how much of the story's current state is intentional and how much is some kind of thinly veiled agenda.

The long time between updates is a curse for the many people, who like this game for its writing. Because if the plot turns out to actually be shit, it's going to be a long while from now.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
View attachment 2350731
Ironically that sounds quite butthurt coming from someone who calls himself destroyedofassholes.

The writing is really good and yes, you can bed some women just lying to them about your economic or social value.
It has nothing to do with the greek alphabet. It's called hypergamy.

Last edited:

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
View attachment 2350731
I don't really disagree with him to a point. There's a lot of shit out there that incorrectly apply "alpha", or "beta", or "sigma" labels. It's grating. An alpha personality does NOT mean rude, aggressive, dishonest, or domineering. It means dominant, confident, and charismatic. "Alpha" doesn't mean walking all over other people, it means not allowing others to walk over you.

Often times when people are rude/malicious they think they are Alphas when they are not. Rudeness, dishonesty, aggressiveness are signs of insecurity. It's literally the opposite of "Alpha". Fake alphas are like the manbun guy at the office, or MC's former best friend.

It's been a while since I've done a Corporate Culture playthrough, but as I remember it, I think some "Alpha" choices are more accurate than others. Like the part when Alice tried to take MC's jacket. To me that felt like Alice was testing him to see how much of a pushover he really is. When he tells her she can have it if he loses the bet but he's keeping it now, I think that's a good alpha moment, the way I see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dororohot and Éama

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Yes there is real alpha and toxic alpha.

But about the game, it's just labels in the code, don't read anything into it. They've not even explicit names IIRC, just "point_a" and "point_b" or something, and of course you think it's alpha and beta points because you're set to think like this.

Make your own decisions in-game without looking at the variables, true alpha mindset ;)

:KEK:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I wouldn't have worded it like that, but I honestly think the destroyer of assholes has a point.

It's difficult to say, where the story will go. We can only speculate on what we've got so far and what we've got so far is very little in terms of a possible redemption arc for the PC.
Especially Lucy's character arc is looking pretty bleak. Treat her like shit and she does everything for the PC. Treat her well and she basically vanishes from the game. The worst part about it is that she comes across as a good person, but it seems like she was supposed to fulfill the role of the gold digger, which makes me wonder how much of the story's current state is intentional and how much is some kind of thinly veiled agenda.

The long time between updates is a curse for the many people, who like this game for its writing. Because if the plot turns out to actually be shit, it's going to be a long while from now.
Lucy was clearly written as a "gold digger," but not a hyper exaggerated or a tropey one. I mean, there are standard factors for attraction that would apply to the great majority of women. Looks (well groomed, dresses well, healthy body), confidence, money, and power will appeal to most women. And if there is a chance to get with someone who appeals to you, giving it a shot seems like a normal thing to do, right?

I only did the "alpha" route, so I don't know how it is with her if you don't go for that "faking it til you make it" approach. I assume she just remains a nice neighbor. That's realistic. She wasn't shown to be some bimbo slut who will look down on someone she deems unworthy. She wants to get with "powerful men," which is about the same level of superficiality as men wanting to get with hot chicks.

She is just one character out of a bunch. You notice the dynamics are different for each girl. It's pretty realistic in that sense, because people are different. Who knows what will happen with Alice (I think that was her name), his ultimate goal? If he acts like some PUA wannabe, she would be a lot less impressed than someone like Lucy would be. The subtext behind the interactions with Alice is quite subtle and super interesting, imo. That's the strength of the writing.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
I only did the "alpha" route, so I don't know how it is with her if you don't go for that "faking it til you make it" approach. I assume she just remains a nice neighbor. That's realistic. She wasn't shown to be some bimbo slut who will look down on someone she deems unworthy. She wants to get with "powerful men," which is about the same level of superficiality as men wanting to get with hot chicks.
There's no alternative to the "faking it til you make it" approach with Lucy. You have to be nice to her, so she goes on a date with Edward. Only then does he fake it for the first time. From then on you have to do a 180 and treat her badly to unlock her sex scenes and, weirdly enough, even her romantic scenes. If you continue to treat her well, her role in the game slowly fizzles out (so far at least).

Lucy as the gold digger is a tough sell for me. I feel like this is either intentional, to show that Edward is projecting his own bad mindset about relationships on other people, or it's bad writing that presumes Edward's mindset irl and expects the reader to just get it.
She went on a date with Edward before he ever claimed to be anything or before Elsa put him into expensive clothes after all. She hasn't gotten anything from the relationship, yet, meanwhile it's her that nurses him after he has a breakdown (but only if you treat her badly weirdly enough).
It's Edward, who sees every relationship as transactional and Lucy is the one, who adds the important caveat that people also care about each other. She says she likes a man that can take care of his woman, but that's because she likes her man to show that he cares about her. So far you have to do the opposite to unlock her scenes.

I can see potential in this, but this can also end up very shallow, if "pussy grabber" Edward easily gets everything he wants.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
There's no alternative to the "faking it til you make it" approach with Lucy. You have to be nice to her, so she goes on a date with Edward. Only then does he fake it for the first time. From then on you have to do a 180 and treat her badly to unlock her sex scenes and, weirdly enough, even her romantic scenes. If you continue to treat her well, her role in the game slowly fizzles out (so far at least).

Lucy as the gold digger is a tough sell for me. I feel like this is either intentional, to show that Edward is projecting his own bad mindset about relationships on other people, or it's bad writing that presumes Edward's mindset irl and expects the reader to just get it.
She went on a date with Edward before he ever claimed to be anything or before Elsa put him into expensive clothes after all. She hasn't gotten anything from the relationship, yet, meanwhile it's her that nurses him after he has a breakdown (but only if you treat her badly weirdly enough).
It's Edward, who sees every relationship as transactional and Lucy is the one, who adds the important caveat that people also care about each other. She says she likes a man that can take care of his woman, but that's because she likes her man to show that he cares about her. So far you have to do the opposite to unlock her scenes.

I can see potential in this, but this can also end up very shallow, if "pussy grabber" Edward easily gets everything he wants.
Been too long for me to remember the details, especially the early parts, heh. I'm fine with my read based on the vague memory of the story, but I can see your point of view as well.

Reactions: drisarter

jufot

May 15, 2021
There's no alternative to the "faking it til you make it" approach with Lucy.
Well, you could just be honest with her. Since Edward is obsessed with Alice, you can just tell her you are not looking for something serious. She tells you that wouldn't work for her, and you go back to being neighbours :)

Reactions: Jumbi

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Well, you could just be honest with her. Since Edward is obsessed with Alice, you can just tell her you are not looking for something serious. She tells you that wouldn't work for her, and you go back to being neighbours :)
No, you actually have to tell her that you're not looking for something serious to stay on her path.
And is that me, as the player, being honest with her or the character Edward? Because the character Edward can honestly consider using her for practice depending on your choices.

jufot

May 15, 2021
And is that me, as the player, being honest with her or the character Edward?
Both? As the player, I don't want to deceive her. As Edward, I only have eyes for Alice. After all, I'm an idiot who thinks the sun shines out her ass, even though we've never met and I know nothing about her :D

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Both? As the player, I don't want to deceive her. As Edward, I only have eyes for Alice. After all, I'm an idiot who thinks the sun shines out her ass, even though we've never met and I know nothing about her :D
Now it's getting complicated, because what does it mean to deceive a virtual character? As it turns out, rejecting Lucy is actually the correct choice. That is if you want more content with her. She also knows about Alice on this path. The character Edward doesn't seem to think of casual sex as a deal breaker.

4.30 star(s) 152 Votes