VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.7] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 160 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC is portrayed as someone who is a loser, and he is full of self doubt for the entire duration of the game as it currently stands

the fact that he's barely even existed for the last 10 years is sort of the point of the game

there really hasn't been anything that would suffice as a large enough transition in his life until this last update to justify any major change in the MC, such changes have to be earned.

There are 3 only major choices leading you to different (variant) scenes:

- porking / NOT porking your neighbour (three times, but only the 3rd time has a major impact on the storyline)

we finally getting good at this game ...
we finally getting good

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
Nope. Alice is the youngest.
And the hottest :KEK:
Actually, even though I like Cece Alice, I would prefer Elsa over her if given the opportunity.
Maybe it's just me, but isn't Lucy's model the same as Shevaun from "The Bite: Revenant"? Only the latter looks hotter.

Jumbi

With my good eye closed
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
Nope. Alice is the youngest.
I would have to start a new game from the beginning. But I remember that, probably from some thought or comment by the MC, I got the impression that Elsa is actually quite young too. Probably around ten years younger than Edward. Not sure about the age of Edward's neighbor and the rest of the gals, though.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I would have to start a new game from the beginning. But I remember that, probably from some thought or comment by the MC, I got the impression that Elsa is actually quite young too. Probably around ten years younger than Edward. Not sure about the age of Edward's neighbor and the rest of the gals, though.
Elsa tells Edward she's 22, she has just graduated and on her first job (honestly, I don't believe she's telling the truth).
Not totally sure, but Edward should be around 29-31: it depends on how many years he's in EO - sometimes he tells he's in for 10 years, sometimes he tells he's in for 8-9 years).
Alice is still in university, maybe in her second-third year. She might be 20-21.
Lucy is working as a secretary for a very important civil servant/politician. She's definitely older than Alice and she's definitely ready and willing to settle down.

Jumbi

With my good eye closed
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
Elsa tells Edward she's 22, she has just graduated and on her first job (honestly, I don't believe she's telling the truth).
Not totally sure, but Edward should be around 29-31: it depends on how many years he's in EO - sometimes he tells he's in for 10 years, sometimes he tells he's in for 8-9 years).
Alice is still in university, maybe in her second-third year. She might be 20-21.
Lucy is working as a secretary for a very important civil servant/politician. She's definitely older than Alice and she's definitely ready and willing to settle down.
I've got out of reactions for the day, so I could not react properly to your post. Thanks. (y)

I'd take Elsa over any of those, easily.
Me too.

Jumbi

With my good eye closed
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
To be sure, I’d take Elsa over most LIs in the VN universe, but not because she’s the best looking. Lucy‘s body type and appearance is just my thing.
Lucy's the MC's neighbor, right? I can't say that I like her much, being totally honest. But I also believe that there's a very subjective component on what everyone of us sees as beautiful. Elsa, on the other hand... Yeah, I find her very attractive. I mean... Just have a look at my signature. She's very pretty IMHO.

I'm starting to have a creeping suspicion that I am the only one in this thread with any taste, obviously Emma is the correct choice for best girl, there's a hard bitchy exterior with a soft creamy submissive inside, and it's my favorite the best character model.
Oh well, Emma has the looks, that's for sure. Another example of how good looking characters made with as a base usually are. The controversial gal of my profile picture is another character based on that same model.

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021

Hey there,
I took two days off, I mentioned before, it worked great. Completed 6th scene a couple of days ago and now in the middle of 7th scene.
It's a small one, I expect to finish it in 2–3 days and then switch to 8th.
The target, adjusted to those two days off, was reached this week. Nothing crazy, but I'm satisfied with renders quality this week and Daz was behaving good too.
A good week all in all.
I have a decent amount of scenes created, and we are some decent portion of the way through the update cycle.
I'd like to share with you my opinion on how we should proceed with this and future updates, but I'm already late with this report.
So let's postpone it until next week, we are in no rush with this.
I kinda wish we were in a rush.

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021

Hi,
The week was busy. Completed 2 scenes and now working on a 3rd. Every time you switch between scenes you have to set them up or at the very least tweak them, it takes time. And because of that, in early stages of working on some scene I'm almost always lagging behind the schedule. It's not a problem since later you can catch up with it, but it only works if the scene is big enough to work with it for a couple of days at least.
This time I had 2 small and 1 mid-sized scenes, plus 2 environment changes within those scenes. The whole week I was lagging behind, and I wouldn't have met the goal if there wasn't that latest mid-sized scene that helped me to catch up. So I reached this week's target, but it was more challenging than usual.
To the next week
I'll be switching to a new scene in a couple of days, and a new character is supposed to debut in that scene.
That character was planned a long ago, and I was working on them for quite a time, but I'm still not happy with what I have.
I'll keep working on the update, meanwhile trying to figure out what to do with that character until the point where said character should appear.
If I don't succeed by that time, I'll take two days from development to work with that character. And if after that I still unsatisfied I'll proceed with what I have and then correct it in future updates
To my thoughts of how to proceed with development
I think we should stick to more frequent updates, even if it would mean smaller updates that wouldn't end there I want them to end and where it feels logical.
By smaller, I mean something like the last one, around 500-600 images or so. Let's call it SDM (size doesn't matter) concept to refer to it later.
The whole idea of SDM is to reach target number of renders and then end the updated in the closest place possible. That closest place possible wouldn't be the place where I wanted or planned to end it initially.
So the main concern with SDM is that it may feel that an update ends abruptly, somewhere in the middle of a story. I could and would try to pick something to make the ending feel less abrupt, but no miracles.
I know some people didn't like 0.4.5 update, the one before the Dhaka, because it was small and lack of any sense of closure.
I share your concern, I don't want it too. But I don't want the project getting derailed even more, and I think even with all those downsides, more regular updates, while could be damaging some story-flow integrity, will be beneficial for the project.
Those are my thoughts, what do you think?
The next report on Friday 28th will be a paid post. Also there will be preview next week, before the paid post.
I like this approach.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021

Hi,
The week was busy. Completed 2 scenes and now working on a 3rd. Every time you switch between scenes you have to set them up or at the very least tweak them, it takes time. And because of that, in early stages of working on some scene I'm almost always lagging behind the schedule. It's not a problem since later you can catch up with it, but it only works if the scene is big enough to work with it for a couple of days at least.
This time I had 2 small and 1 mid-sized scenes, plus 2 environment changes within those scenes. The whole week I was lagging behind, and I wouldn't have met the goal if there wasn't that latest mid-sized scene that helped me to catch up. So I reached this week's target, but it was more challenging than usual.
To the next week
I'll be switching to a new scene in a couple of days, and a new character is supposed to debut in that scene.
That character was planned a long ago, and I was working on them for quite a time, but I'm still not happy with what I have.
I'll keep working on the update, meanwhile trying to figure out what to do with that character until the point where said character should appear.
If I don't succeed by that time, I'll take two days from development to work with that character. And if after that I still unsatisfied I'll proceed with what I have and then correct it in future updates
To my thoughts of how to proceed with development
I think we should stick to more frequent updates, even if it would mean smaller updates that wouldn't end there I want them to end and where it feels logical.
By smaller, I mean something like the last one, around 500-600 images or so. Let's call it SDM (size doesn't matter) concept to refer to it later.
The whole idea of SDM is to reach target number of renders and then end the updated in the closest place possible. That closest place possible wouldn't be the place where I wanted or planned to end it initially.
So the main concern with SDM is that it may feel that an update ends abruptly, somewhere in the middle of a story. I could and would try to pick something to make the ending feel less abrupt, but no miracles.
I know some people didn't like 0.4.5 update, the one before the Dhaka, because it was small and lack of any sense of closure.
I share your concern, I don't want it too. But I don't want the project getting derailed even more, and I think even with all those downsides, more regular updates, while could be damaging some story-flow integrity, will be beneficial for the project.
Those are my thoughts, what do you think?
The next report on Friday 28th will be a paid post. Also there will be preview next week, before the paid post.
Longer updates are more enjoyable, but... he released 1 update in 2021 (0.4), 1 update in 2022 (0.4.5), and 1 update in 2023 (0.5), therefore more frequent updates are bloody welcome. So, hell yes, I'd rather have shorter updates.

Anyway, I'm just wondering how many images he still has to make to reach the target.

Reactions: caravaggio
4.30 star(s) 160 Votes