Others Abandoned Corrupted at the Core [v0.902] [Enlit3d]

3.60 star(s) 11 Votes
Oct 12, 2018
THE YEAR 2020: game gets released in alpha 0.3 state.

THE YEAR 2030 : Update: We know we have recently updated our game to version 0.4 and added one skin to the changelog but we are sad to inform all you wonderful people that we have decided to scrap this project and are working on another better more expansive game, Again we are very sorry for the people who have donated to back up this project and we will make it up in the future :)

THE YEAR 2031: Creator goes M.I.A disappearing from the community and to never be seen again, no one knows what happened to all those donations but many speculate the backers never got their money back.
Honestly, as meme as the post is, it doesn't really apply well here. Developer themselves have a free, finished game already available for play, and the incomplete project they have abandoned was frequently updated in itself until it was dropped, and has more content in it then a fair few 'completed' H-games I can think of at that. Besides, if you want a more Soulsish third person action H game, there are others that are in the market and still being developed, one being Succubus Heaven which I believe is going to be released sometime this year at that.

Brig

Aug 7, 2018
Wait a second... I recognize this style.
Okay, I'll be keeping my eye on this!

jamespark2132

Jan 17, 2018
heroine rescue team is pretty much complete in terms of the core engine hence a lot of content can be added through mods and whatnot, i'm with the dev on that perspective.

Necrasu

Jun 24, 2018
beat the demo first try, pointers for people who are stuck/need help:

characters
  1. violet is easily your most important character right now. keep her away from trouble and don't use her for h-attacks, she's your only source of healing and can bring people out of KO with elixir toss. she also is able to heal people performing h-attacks with elixir toss.

(note that you can only heal red health, so don't waste a turn healing someone with no red health.)

2. lucia will be your main h-attacker. she helps out with the red/yellow and red/blue fights as she can hypnosis them with good accuracy, giving you an easier time of managing health and h-attacks.

3. onyx does the most damage of the bunch on top of being ranged. i think she's about as good as iron mask when it comes to h-attacks, but i'd say it's preferable to use her over iron mask to do them since iron mask has the stun in case someone breaks free of the h-attack. use her dragon punch to reposition enemies outside of attack range to try and have them waste a turn moving back to your allies.

4. iron mask is the tank. his stun doesn't last as long as lucia's sleep, but it's still a turn of not having to worry about an enemy. try to keep him near an enemy in case they break out of an h-attack for you to stun them.
h-attacks
  1. stunned/aroused(?)/sleeping/KO'd enemies all have 100% grab chance at any hp threshold. this comes into play with the wrestlers and the magical girls, since they have to be defeated by reducing their hp to 0 through h-attacks.

2. when you've successfully grabbed an enemy, you're given three types of moves to attack them with.
    1. teasers will fill their lust (pink bar) quickly while their orgasm (white bar) will fill slower. you should start with a teaser if an enemy has no lust.
    2. pleasures do the opposite of teasers, but have lower success rates until they are at high lust. these attacks will easily bring opponents to orgasm.
    3. finishers do both jobs relatively well at the cost of the oppressor also taking lust/orgasm damage. these aren't really necessary right now imo, but you can use them if you want.

3. if an enemy survives the health decrease from your h-attack, part of their lust meter will become purple. it's a permanent decrease to the maximum lust they have, allowing for easier orgasms.

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
same models same moves but now turn based:(
i feel sorry for his patrons..
anyway let's see how long it takes till he abandons this to

also there's something about the games name that feels odd:unsure:

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
same models same moves but now turn based:(
i feel sorry for his patrons..
anyway let's see how long it takes till he abandons this to

also there's something about the games name that feels odd:unsure:
I personally prefer turn-based over real time, but to each their own. Not sure about the abandon part, if you followed the dev you'd know he didn't chose to stop working on Heroine rescue, and finished another game before.

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
I'll be following along, but after seeing his last game get called "95% done" and just abandoned because he wanted to try something else, I don't got big hopes.
True.

Enlit3D games are all nice in concept, but as of now they never really get finished... they are just abandoned at some point, and whatever is released is always unpolished, badly optimized and janky as hell, so I more or less gave up on this dev. Follow this at your own peril hehe

Reactions: Mustang Flex

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
Am I missing something? Why is everyone acting like he has abandoned 10 games? One game was complete, one game was dropped because of an issue. Is there some secret 3rd or 4th game that he has done that he has also dropped? If not, why the nerd rage?

I can understand any aversion towards "reused assets", but at least these games still work. That's more than I can say for a lot of other games.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
DaBouncer Because that is all they got out of playing HR and HRT. And this game is going to get alot of flak simply because sometimes that is the most productive thing people can come up with to spend their time on.

enlit3d

Jul 9, 2017
Edit: TYPICAL, I type all this and Enlit responds themselves, hahaha. But my idea that it could theoretically be a complete overhaul seems to be correct. What technical issue did HRT encounter enlit3d ?
Well for starters, there is that famous stuck at "loading" bodyMeshNAnim.json bug that affects 5%-10%? of people. I could never reproduce it on my machine and I tried many guess-work fix builds with various people that had this issue but no dice. It's not stuck at loading bodyMeshNAnim btw, its stuck at the initialization stage in between loading is completed and game start. It's not a crash either - the game is actually running so there is no stack trace. I suspect it's a multi-threading problem/dead-lock, potentially from a bug in the runtime environment.

The other big issue is that the code is written in Javascript, which with it's typeless nature means it doesn't scale up well to large size software. I knew this beforehand. My original plan was to only make Heroine Rumble (a smaller and much simpler game) and then be done. So Heroine Rescue Team was very much an encore after hearing people want more games from me. I got lazy and decided to continue from Heroine Rumble code base. Bad idea.

So with JS, the performance was not on par with what I wanted. As you know, I wanted to make a Mount and Blade style game with large battles, which means I want to support like 100 on screen units so it can be 50v50. But the game can only do about 30 units on 60 FPS. Looking back, some of it stems from the game design. The anybody-can-sex-anybody feature requires lots of concessions elsewhere. For example, if I do not need to implement during-combat-sex, I can get away with unit skeleton with much less bone count, like how it is in Mount and Blade and TotalWar games.

That's where CATC comes in. A remake of a HRT-style game in a new, much faster engine. I chose a tactics game because it's the kind of game I personally enjoyed, but it also confers certain advantages over real time games: one-hand-play-ability, direct control of what your party members (I got a ton of suggestions on various AI party member grievances in HRT), pausibility (how long it is to escape sex during combat is a very difficult topic), easier time to implement non-humanoid units due to less animation requirements, and so on.

enlit3d

Jul 9, 2017
View attachment 731296
Whenever i start the game i get this error and all the models of the characters have no other colour but black
There seems to be a issue with some intel integrated cards, sadly I have no idea how to fix this.

Is there a way to change resolution?
You can press F6 to make it smaller for now. It might also be worthwhile to change the .exe DPI settings.

That seems to be a issue with a particular post-processing step, you can spam F3 a couple times until it lands on output without post-processing for now.

3.60 star(s) 11 Votes