Others Abandoned Corrupted at the Core [v0.902] [Enlit3d]

3.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Honest Pirate

Apr 22, 2020
New Post for all on Patreon so he is not dead and still working on the game, thats good:

Download .
This patch adds new abilities, ability customization, and leveling up to the game!
See the previous for details.
See for preview of new abilities.
One thing I should probably mention is that the "Versus Mode/Scuffed Rumble" will be renamed to Heroine Rumble 2 soon as it is becoming more feature complete. So if you came from the future and wants to know where "Versus Mode/Scuffed Rumble" went, it became Heroine Rumble 2.
Changelog:
  • Added new ability: "ability_low_sweep_kick"
  • Added new ability: "ability_echo_stomp"
  • Added new ability: "ability_powerthrough"
  • Added new unused spell: "ability_chain_projectile" (Lightning Bolt)
  • Added new unused spell: "ability_spray_projectile" (Burning Hands)
  • Added new unused spell: "ability_seeking_projectile" (Aqua Bubble)
  • These spells are not used for Versus Mode. Their json data can be currently found at data/_versus_mode/action_datas_spells.json
  • Added new Abilities tab under Roster that allows player to customize the ability loadout, adjust ability via drag and drop
  • Added new ability icon grid during combat to replace the old text based system
  • The ability icons shows cooldown via a decaying overlay
  • The ability icons shows out of mana via a blue hue
  • Added a text display of ability cooldown (in seconds) as well
  • Added first batch of level up choices. Learn new abilities and/or acquire powerful passives via leveling
  • Added new Level Up button in Roster, located on left side with equipped gear if the character have enough exp
  • Players now must select a level up choice to receive stat increases from leveling
  • Players can now use ability via pressing DIR_KEY together with SPECIAL_KEY in addition to SPECIAL_KEY then DIR_KEY
  • Fixed certain cases where SPECIAL_KEY can lead into using abilities when not intending to
  • Changed gravity to -10.0 m/s^2 from -22.0 m/s^2
  • Increased the minimal air knockup when hitting an aerial target
  • Increased base energy regen rate by 50%
  • Increased the action speed of Jumping Uppercut
  • Increased the damage of various melee abilities
  • Increased the jumping air time to 0.8s from 0.7s
  • Stagger Resistance no longer applies when downed (lying on floor)
  • Hitting downed characters now launches that character into the air for further combos
  • Added a bunch of new StatBonuses types
  • Added new projectile spawning effect, see see /data/_versus_mode/projectiles_.json .test2.spawns
  • Added new projectile effect: chain, see /data/_versus_mode/projectiles_.json .test_chain_proj.chain
  • Added new projectile effect: scaleChange, see /data/_versus_mode/projectiles_.json .test_spray_proj.scaleChange
  • Added AbilityTransition feature, see see /data/_versus_mode/action_datas_abilities_.json.ability_powerthrough_overhead AbilityTransition
  • Stats Preview tab now shows more relevant stats for versus mode
  • New Recruits and enemies now uses "versus_recruitable_female" character data as base rather than "brawler_recruitable_female"
  • AI now use grab ability from moveset dynamically rather than always on the ability on down slot (index of 1)
  • Added particle system ShapeSphere .spawnVelAsFractionOfEmitterVel property to match ShapeCone
  • Fixed bug with ability mana being applied when trying to use it while in cooldown
  • Fixed some bugs with particle system when using attached projectiles
  • Fixed particle system .clampParticleLifeByEmitterLife incorrect behavior
  • Fixed bug with map/scene change not removing summoned Devices

May 25, 2017
New Post for all on Patreon so he is not dead and still working on the game, thats good:

Download .
This patch adds new abilities, ability customization, and leveling up to the game!
See the previous for details.
See for preview of new abilities.
One thing I should probably mention is that the "Versus Mode/Scuffed Rumble" will be renamed to Heroine Rumble 2 soon as it is becoming more feature complete. So if you came from the future and wants to know where "Versus Mode/Scuffed Rumble" went, it became Heroine Rumble 2.
Changelog:
  • Added new ability: "ability_low_sweep_kick"
  • Added new ability: "ability_echo_stomp"
  • Added new ability: "ability_powerthrough"
  • Added new unused spell: "ability_chain_projectile" (Lightning Bolt)
  • Added new unused spell: "ability_spray_projectile" (Burning Hands)
  • Added new unused spell: "ability_seeking_projectile" (Aqua Bubble)
  • These spells are not used for Versus Mode. Their json data can be currently found at data/_versus_mode/action_datas_spells.json
  • Added new Abilities tab under Roster that allows player to customize the ability loadout, adjust ability via drag and drop
  • Added new ability icon grid during combat to replace the old text based system
  • The ability icons shows cooldown via a decaying overlay
  • The ability icons shows out of mana via a blue hue
  • Added a text display of ability cooldown (in seconds) as well
  • Added first batch of level up choices. Learn new abilities and/or acquire powerful passives via leveling
  • Added new Level Up button in Roster, located on left side with equipped gear if the character have enough exp
  • Players now must select a level up choice to receive stat increases from leveling
  • Players can now use ability via pressing DIR_KEY together with SPECIAL_KEY in addition to SPECIAL_KEY then DIR_KEY
  • Fixed certain cases where SPECIAL_KEY can lead into using abilities when not intending to
  • Changed gravity to -10.0 m/s^2 from -22.0 m/s^2
  • Increased the minimal air knockup when hitting an aerial target
  • Increased base energy regen rate by 50%
  • Increased the action speed of Jumping Uppercut
  • Increased the damage of various melee abilities
  • Increased the jumping air time to 0.8s from 0.7s
  • Stagger Resistance no longer applies when downed (lying on floor)
  • Hitting downed characters now launches that character into the air for further combos
  • Added a bunch of new StatBonuses types
  • Added new projectile spawning effect, see see /data/_versus_mode/projectiles_.json .test2.spawns
  • Added new projectile effect: chain, see /data/_versus_mode/projectiles_.json .test_chain_proj.chain
  • Added new projectile effect: scaleChange, see /data/_versus_mode/projectiles_.json .test_spray_proj.scaleChange
  • Added AbilityTransition feature, see see /data/_versus_mode/action_datas_abilities_.json.ability_powerthrough_overhead AbilityTransition
  • Stats Preview tab now shows more relevant stats for versus mode
  • New Recruits and enemies now uses "versus_recruitable_female" character data as base rather than "brawler_recruitable_female"
  • AI now use grab ability from moveset dynamically rather than always on the ability on down slot (index of 1)
  • Added particle system ShapeSphere .spawnVelAsFractionOfEmitterVel property to match ShapeCone
  • Fixed bug with ability mana being applied when trying to use it while in cooldown
  • Fixed some bugs with particle system when using attached projectiles
  • Fixed particle system .clampParticleLifeByEmitterLife incorrect behavior
  • Fixed bug with map/scene change not removing summoned Devices

Honest Pirate

Apr 22, 2020
Update from Patreon:

Been working on adding a whole bunch of new features into the game. Here is a preview on what to expect for next patch.

Added in-combat dialogues to Versus Mode. It was one of the features in Heroine Rumble I, and its now implemented in soon-to-be Heroine Rumble II as well.

Added a Surrender option when the player is grabbed. Pressed JUMP key to initiate the surrendering and causes the AI to go for pin (and ending the match) instead of fooling around.

Added a new item category - consumable items. Consumable items requires the implementation of item stack sizes too, so that has been done as well.

Trading/shop is back as well. Even though the UI looks familiar the underlying mechanisms had been expanded to supported Party to Party trading rather than the first rather hardcoded version.
TBH these features are probably not super important for Versus Mode, but will be for HRT II. Even though there is no playable demo for HRT II, the background work has started (for sometime now).

Similar to trading system the events/story system had been updated to support Versus mode and beyond.

Added exhibition match options to customize the opponents during exhibition matches.

Finally, added this QOL cancel button during color selection to undo color changes.
Patch is not quite ready yet. In the meantime, released a kickass mod for the game. You can get it here:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am very Happy Enlit3d is still working on his great Game.

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
Update from Patreon:

Been working on adding a whole bunch of new features into the game. Here is a preview on what to expect for next patch.

Added in-combat dialogues to Versus Mode. It was one of the features in Heroine Rumble I, and its now implemented in soon-to-be Heroine Rumble II as well.

Added a Surrender option when the player is grabbed. Pressed JUMP key to initiate the surrendering and causes the AI to go for pin (and ending the match) instead of fooling around.

Added a new item category - consumable items. Consumable items requires the implementation of item stack sizes too, so that has been done as well.

Trading/shop is back as well. Even though the UI looks familiar the underlying mechanisms had been expanded to supported Party to Party trading rather than the first rather hardcoded version.
TBH these features are probably not super important for Versus Mode, but will be for HRT II. Even though there is no playable demo for HRT II, the background work has started (for sometime now).

Similar to trading system the events/story system had been updated to support Versus mode and beyond.

Added exhibition match options to customize the opponents during exhibition matches.

Finally, added this QOL cancel button during color selection to undo color changes.
Patch is not quite ready yet. In the meantime, released a kickass mod for the game. You can get it here:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am very Happy Enlit3d is still working on his great Game.
Not really. CATC is abandoned and right now he's working only on scuffed rumble (basically Heroine Rumble 2).
So before he gets something like CATC, for example Heroine Rescue Team 2, if we are lucky we hae to wait 3-4 years...but if this is the pace is more likely that it will never happend.

Reactions: Anonimed

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
I'm going to laugh my ass off if CATC gets abandoned for good and retroactively called "nearly complete anyways" in favor of focusing on Scuffed Rumble. Then we'll get another game project that SR gets put 'on hold' for. And thus the circle goes unbroken.

RossoX

Jun 3, 2021
I'm going to laugh my ass off if CATC gets abandoned for good and retroactively called "nearly complete anyways" in favor of focusing on Scuffed Rumble. Then we'll get another game project that SR gets put 'on hold' for. And thus the circle goes unbroken.
At least he is consistent: he develops interesting 3D games, development eventually slows to a crawl, he starts his next game, abandons the current one oh wait sorry calls it "nearly complete" as you said, rinse and repeat for literally all his past games. It's funny because it is (sad but) true.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
Not really. CATC is abandoned and right now he's working only on scuffed rumble (basically Heroine Rumble 2).
So before he gets something like CATC, for example Heroine Rescue Team 2, if we are lucky we hae to wait 3-4 years...but if this is the pace is more likely that it will never happend.
So this game never got finished enough to actually gain the Corruption tag.

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
So this game never got finished enough to actually gain the Corruption tag.
I think he couldn't overcome some bugs so he stopped updating it.
When CATC came out all expected the evolution of what HRT2 would be... and right now there is a lot of disappointment from who really liked HRT even if it was abandoned at some point.
Now there are only HR fans who are hyped about this. :unsure:
CATC could be moddable still, but sadly I don't know if it's worth it without fixing the actual bugs.
Still the best version of the game is the 7.941. The actual version here is not even near as good as before.
For the corruption though, there is the "Charm" debuff that makes an enemy attack their allies and viceversa.
This is the only light corruption in the game.

enlit3d

Jul 9, 2017
Yeah hit a bit of crossroads with CATC. The turn based combat was a bit too complex and didn't give enough attention to CATC's gameplay because had to implement lots of supporting mechanics and features. For example, one file responsible for grab-interactions and behavior is >5k LOC already.

On the bright side, many of those supporting mechanics and features is done and CATC layed a strong foundation for future titles. This is why so much progress is made so quickly in HRII (Scuffed Rumble).

There is a decision to make - keep working on CATC and improve on the turn based combat system or to fast track to new HRT after HRII. There are merits with both approaches. But given how players had a lukewarm reception to the turn based combat system, I am currently leaning on option II: fast track to new HRT.

Reactions: someguy42

someguy42

Jun 24, 2019
Yeah hit a bit of crossroads with CATC. The turn based combat was a bit too complex and didn't give enough attention to CATC's gameplay because had to implement lots of supporting mechanics and features. For example, one file responsible for grab-interactions and behavior is >5k LOC already.

On the bright side, many of those supporting mechanics and features is done and CATC layed a strong foundation for future titles. This is why so much progress is made so quickly in HRII (Scuffed Rumble).

There is a decision to make - keep working on CATC and improve on the turn based combat system or to fast track to new HRT after HRII. There are merits with both approaches. But given how players had a lukewarm reception to the turn based combat system, I am currently leaning on option II: fast track to new HRT.
Turn-based combat is much harder to do in a fun way than RTC.

Good example: Chrono Trigger
Bad example: Honkai: Star Rail :HideThePain:

Reactions: enlit3d

GenesisRising

Sep 18, 2019
Honestly, it's wild that he can make a complete game like Heroine Rumble where I'd gladly spend money on it then fumble development so many times in a row afterwards.
So fucking true brother. Heroine Rumble was great, HRT was Okay, good with Mods, I suppose. It got Abandoned, for good reason, I'm sure, but then CATC has been a fucken trainwreck. It was originally pitched as a Turn Based Divinity 2 Style Game that then got randomly turned into a fucking card game with Less customization than the games that came before and only at 0.902 which is absurd to realise that he thinks this is anywhere near finished. I loved HR1, Enjoyed HRT but it didn't have enough variety for me and I've been burned Badly By this trainwreck of an attempt at what feels like 4 diff genres.

Enlit has great ideas but lacks the attention span to turn any of them into massive hits (with the exception of HR1, but even there you see the groundwork for HRT in it's Adventure Mode) and Perhaps this is unfair, but it feels like move variety is up to the community to expand on in any meaningful way, its the same moves imported from each game into the next one With the admittance that he does go back an update them sometimes, I have to give him that If I want to be honest. You know the expression "Better with Friends" that seems to be the MO for Enlit's games "Better With Mods". Because the base content is usually lackluster and has a couple of dedicated modmakers churning out modpack after modpack to desperately keep them afloat.

TLDR; Enlit needs to finish his fucken games. HR1 was finished, HRT I gave him a pass on, now he's not touched this in fucken months and its no where near acceptable. I feel actual pity for people that supported this game, I stopped after the direction shift from Divinity's Style to a Card Game with the Promise that if It got completed and was a good game, I'd start paying again. But that's not happened and it feels like development time is purely on Scuffed Rumble 2 now, leaving CATC in the bin.

Jun 18, 2022
Nothing huge to add here, just wanted to say I actually enjoyed the turn-based combat system over the HRT action system because when specced into lewd moves, it felt like there was actually a moment to enjoy the scenes when an enemy's resistance was worn down. Unlike in HRT where it felt difficult to actually strike a balance between the two, because, you know, things are always happening.

Not particularly sure if I'm expressing this well, but oh well.

Touhoupedia

Dec 12, 2017
Nothing huge to add here, just wanted to say I actually enjoyed the turn-based combat system over the HRT action system because when specced into lewd moves, it felt like there was actually a moment to enjoy the scenes when an enemy's resistance was worn down. Unlike in HRT where it felt difficult to actually strike a balance between the two, because, you know, things are always happening.

Not particularly sure if I'm expressing this well, but oh well.
That's fair, honestly I have a loss fetish so I do like games where your character gets fucked into the ground by the enemy, whether that enemy is a guy, girl, monster etc, doesn't matter which is why I liked Rumble so much

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
hi i'm just here too let people know my post here from years back still stands. :KEK:

i will be back again in 2030 where Enlit announces "Corrupted at The Core Electric Boogaloo".

enlit3d

Jul 9, 2017
hi i'm just here too let people know my post here from years back still stands. :KEK:

i will be back again in 2030 where Enlit announces "Corrupted at The Core Electric Boogaloo".
FBI open up! No psychics allowed.

Ok truth. Not really feeling the cards system and balancing the stuff I wanted to add is surprising hard in a tactical turn-based game. Working on HR2 feels a lot more liberating.

For example:
Self PP Growth:
PP Growth on opponent:
Mouth gags:
Booba vibrators:

What's most likely to happen is that there will be something in between HR2 and new HRT that is very much in spirit of old CATC. With the old CATC mission structure, party management, long term consequences, and yes even corruption :oops:. Whether it is going to be a turn based divinity-style game (yes the OG) or a beat-em-up style is still undecided.

Raswedj

Feb 27, 2020
hello enlit3d

i would ask you a question, i like this game from you but my question is on the start of the game. You can take one of three girls. but why i have on the bottom 4 cubes and why are three are locked?

I hope you can answer me then i hoped for the future i can take four own characters for the dungeon

Honest Pirate

Apr 22, 2020
I still have some hope for Pantyhose or nylon stockings. Need them for a good "Miss spencer" cosplay.
Candy cane , Reiko and other girls from rumble roses are already possible.
I even remember the kasumi (dead or alive) outfit in "heroine rescue team", it was nice and i miss it.

Nov 30, 2019
1690156472305.png

How to get this mod running(I think I meet all the requirements, but when I install the mod it will just show up an error message).

3.60 star(s) 11 Votes