DarkExecutive

Apr 8, 2019
Also, is there an invisible asshole counter I don't know about. Because as I play the second part of the game with the mc waking up... I feel like my character is more of a douche without me giving the choice to because cruel or kind.

Going, "I hope she isn't a liability now" about gwen or "a small price to pay, an eye for a life". These things feel very assholish of my character to think especially when one was his fault (well is all is) and the other was a selfless act of heroism and kindness.
Yes actually. The game spells out for you pretty clearly when you're making a KIND choice or a CRUEL choice. You've made more cruel choices than kind choices in the past, and therefore your MC is just naturally a douche sometimes. It seems to be a new feature as of the Act Two Finale.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: hofom77573

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
Yes actually. The game spells out for you pretty clearly when you're making a KIND choice or a CRUEL choice. You've made more cruel choices than kind choices in the past, and therefore your MC is just naturally a douche sometimes. It seems to be a new feature as of the Act Two Finale.
When did it spell it out because I've played this game a very long time, my save is like day 400 or something. I didn't just start playing this game yesterday so in not going to remember something that I read...when I first started playing the game... Who knows how long ago...

hofom77573

Apr 17, 2021
It came out around the time the ninjas got hot springs. Variables are mc_cruel and mc_kind .

DarkExecutive

Apr 8, 2019
When did it spell it out because I've played this game a very long time, my save is like day 400 or something. I didn't just start playing this game yesterday so in not going to remember something that I read...when I first started playing the game... Who knows how long ago...
The kind choices and cruel choices are literally marked with "KIND" and "CRUEL" labels in all caps.

Here's a tip though. If you want to change those values and you have a save before the Act Two Finale, AND you own the Manor Dungeon, summon a girl to the dungeon, view the scene, then select the KIND option at the end. This is a repeatable way to increase your kind (or cruel) values. Do it as many times as you want.

If you don't have the Manor Dungeon, you can also do this with the Kunoichi girls' repeatable lewd scenes; it's the same concept.

Last edited:
Reactions: BanditoMarito

DarkExecutive

Apr 8, 2019
It came out around the time the ninjas got hot springs. Variables are mc_cruel and mc_kind .
Yes, those are the variables, and they are set throughout the game, but looking through the code, the only time I see those variable values actually checked are the Act Two Finale, the recent Act Three scenes with Gwen and Ami, and for some very small and insignificant dialogue changes with Jackie.

Reactions: hofom77573

gartfart

Dec 5, 2019
So judging by these last few threads the closing act and act three aren't met with very glowing reviews so I think I'm definitely going to hold off for another couple of months. Cheers.
It's not that it's bad. It's that it's not fleshed out yet. It's also clearly intended to make you unhappy about some things that haven't started their conclusions. Act II introduced a lot of the characters, Act III is well
I don't blame you for waiting though, I've generally waited for months at a time to enjoy updates in decent chunks. I find myself really coming back for Act III because I'm in suspense particularly about

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
Judging from the changelog, I guess it will take a while until everything in Act III gets established so that you can properly roam around again. I already started to skip a few updates here and there, but I guess I'll have to wait for longer till Act III is more playable.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
The kind choices and cruel choices are literally marked with "KIND" and "CRUEL" labels in all caps.
Yes I know this, but there was never a counter and nothing outside of that instances seem to change based on then which is why I thought nothing of it out side of small favor text, I even made I statement about this a while back.

Here's a tip though. If you want to change those values and you have a save before the Act Two Finale, AND you own the Manor Dungeon, summon a girl to the dungeon, view the scene, then select the KIND option at the end. This is a repeatable way to increase your kind (or cruel) values. Do it as many times as you want.

If you don't have the Manor Dungeon, you can also do this with the Kunoichi girls' repeatable lewd scenes; it's the same concept.
Thanks for the tip but don't need it, I simply asked a question based of whether or not of there was an invisible counter. Since already started, the kind and cruel choices only appear in specific places and LITERALLY affected nothing outside of those instances. Didn't change how character act around the mc or how he interacted with the world. Not to mention there is no obvious collective counter. Telling you which way you are leaning. The only instance where it seem to ever come into play was this new act after the mc fucked everything up. Which is why again, I paid the choices no mind until now. There's nothing wrong with having flavor text choices after all.

Reactions: jadih96207

Nexoryou

Jun 2, 2022
Can someone please tell me how to update it? Cuz i dont really know how and i dont want to risk that i will fuck smth up.

Dec 3, 2021
Can someone please tell me how to update it? Cuz i dont really know how and i dont want to risk that i will fuck smth up.
I think you just have to download the newest version and run it. think the engine just transfers the saves and stuff automatically. not sure tho, but you can try. would def not break anything

SubhumanFilth

Jan 22, 2018
Just got caught up and holy crap things are starting to get interesting. Wonder if I finally get to be the bad guy after so long… Anyway. How many months should I wait before updating again to get a ton of new content?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AlexaSky
4.40 star(s) 231 Votes