VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
Right... Arc never said there would be routes, hmm, something tells me otherwise, don't know, just this funny feeling I have :whistle: Was it the opening overview that got me interested in this so long ago.

Nah, that clearly doesn't have a light/dark side vibe to it at all.
View attachment 1774188
What about the tutorial that hypes up Awaken and Shatter with a be careful which one you choose?
View attachment 1774198

Gotta say Arc said a lot of things and hopes people just forget about what he said that turns out to be inconvenient. Luckily there is always gaslighting.

Hell, Arc even said he doesn't come here because patreon won't allow he to play with f95 even though other devs seem to have the balls to do it.

Well I don't mean to shoot the messenger CursedFlame91 but some of what Arc says is just sadly funny especially if you take a moment to ask "Wait, is that true!? :KEK:"
I don't really think the games description necessarily implies that there'd be different routes but what absolutely did was the fact that the game used to track a lot of different stats and how you could choose whether or not to manipulate certain side characters with the former implying different outcomes based on the characters stats and the later implying you could have a choice of whether you'd do certain things that would absolutely affect the way the story would play out. I do think they did intend for it in Act 1 for sure but it's pretty clear that once they got somewhat into Act 2 they changed their mind on it based on how the way the game started developing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: vilewe7570

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
Why is there so much reaction to the CorruptedKingdoms-32 file ?
View attachment 1775937
This is a recurring problem with Ren'Py games when the dev changes the icon. My guess would be adding png compression triggers some ai bots to flag it as generic infection which is represented by the Trojan Generic, Machine Learning, Win32.Generic, susgen which sounds like suspected generic, and the Malicious one sounds scary but SecureAge APEX seems to be a tech company in Singapore so they are likely more concerned with databases and not gamers.

If you remove the png compression from the icon and recompile them using the renpy sdk you get better results.

Jiangmin a Chinese tech company still flags it as generic :p

kristo0086

Nov 17, 2021
This is a recurring problem with Ren'Py games when the dev changes the icon. My guess would be adding png compression triggers some ai bots to flag it as generic infection which is represented by the Trojan Generic, Machine Learning, Win32.Generic, susgen which sounds like suspected generic, and the Malicious one sounds scary but SecureAge APEX seems to be a tech company in Singapore so they are likely more concerned with databases and not gamers.

If you remove the png compression from the icon and recompile them using the renpy sdk you get better results.

Jiangmin a Chinese tech company still flags it as generic :p
For some reason , the versions are ordinary and 32.exe they differ . Example

1650921163814.png 1650921223668.png

Reactions: vilewe7570

jadih96207

Apr 30, 2021
Well , I downloaded it from this site . Just versions 32.exe always with a VirusTotal reaction well 64.exe no
Meh some virus scanners are better than others. Since this is just a generic loader for renpy games you could pull the exes from the sdk and they would still work.

If you're an aspiring dev you could also send reports to these companies to fix their shit however as long as major brands see it as safe then it is what it is. Even by the reports standard it's 94.2% clean. In the event you're worried about it coming from a pirate site you could test this by getting it officially from the dev's patreon.

kristo0086

Nov 17, 2021
Meh some virus scanners are better than others. Since this is just a generic loader for renpy games you could pull the exes from the sdk and they would still work.

If you're an aspiring dev you could also send reports to these companies to fix their shit however as long as major brands see it as safe then it is what it is. Even by the reports standard it's 94.2% clean. In the event you're worried about it coming from a pirate site you could test this by getting it officially from the dev's patreon.
I just want to understand why all games with two exe files where one 64.exe clean and 32.exe no

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jadih96207

jadih96207

Apr 30, 2021
I just want to understand why all games with two exe files where one 64.exe clean and 32.exe no
Well this is rather off topic but you'll find more info here and on other places that discuss things like
https://f95zone.to/threads/antivirus-and-renpy-7-4-1.72280/

The short version is Ren'Py Tom doesn't know why some of the less popular antivirus software picks on his engine and playing wac-a-mole can be tiring. Many assume it's a custom icon not matching correct header info in the file. Windows has had problems with compressed icons so some assume it's that. As the world transitions from 32bit to 64bit it could simply be the old version is scary to the ai. Since other devs simply follow Ren'Py documentation they have no clue either and some simply opt to not change the exe icon. It is possible since this exe is just a loader and doesn't do anything it's assumed it "could" load something malicious from the game folder. Now while this is more cynical big tech companies do like if devs pay them money to get on their individual whitelist :sneaky:

Reactions: kristo0086

kristo0086

Nov 17, 2021
Well this is rather off topic but you'll find more info here and on other places that discuss things like
https://f95zone.to/threads/antivirus-and-renpy-7-4-1.72280/

The short version is Ren'Py Tom doesn't know why some of the less popular antivirus software picks on his engine and playing wac-a-mole can be tiring. Many assume it's a custom icon not matching correct header info in the file. Windows has had problems with compressed icons so some assume it's that. As the world transitions from 32bit to 64bit it could simply be the old version is scary to the ai. Since other devs simply follow Ren'Py documentation they have no clue either and some simply opt to not change the exe icon. It is possible since this exe is just a loader and doesn't do anything it's assumed it "could" load something malicious from the game folder. Now while this is more cynical big tech companies do like if devs pay them money to get on their individual whitelist :sneaky:
Thanks

Reactions: jadih96207

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
In before the screeching that it only counts as incest if the main character is related to someone... :rolleyes:
I wonder if that silly reasoning is why Patreon hasn't been all up in Arc's business about it, lol. They cracked down on incest so hard and yet we still see it pop up often without the need for official/third party patches.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I wonder if that silly reasoning is why Patreon hasn't been all up in Arc's business about it, lol. They cracked down on incest so hard and yet we still see it pop up often without the need for official/third party patches.
Who knows? They are arbitrary and capricious in their moderation. Maybe Elon Musk can do something about them too? :ROFLMAO:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ankhtar

Slever1001

Oct 1, 2019
Downloaded the apk for the first time in a while so I could play again, but I can't get past the title screen. I press start, it tries to load and crashes. I tried changing settings, and it crashes. HELP.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
jadih covered the gist of it.

Arc doesn't come around here so the discord server or itch.io page are the main ways to get to him.

I can cover some stuff too.

For starters. The choices don't matter that much, provided they matter at all.
You may notice that some choices in scenes are really self-isolated, and don't really have a noticeable effect in the following events.
They don't, they're just that, roleplay value.
Although I don't personally remember him saying choices would matter, it could be something he said a long time ago.
Before he figured out he was biting more than he could chew.
Having 17 main girls and I forgot how many (over 30 at least) side girls.
Good fucking grief.

Also it's often mentioned how the girls used to have more stats aside from the love level.
Sluttiness, Submission and Exhibitionism.
Those apparently were on all the main girls and would've had their respective training.
Submission was in the dungeon and Sluttiness on the club. Don't remember if Exhibitionism ever had a training.

All that didn't go far before it was removed.
You can still "slut train" Gwen, Jessica and Chloe and the spanking scenes in the dungeon for Gwen and Jess.
But I'm almost certain that won't come back.

He did mention that the dungeon will have use.
I guess on characters like Morgana or Dhena, or other people that would we need to imprison.
Maybe even Chastity at some point, she's into BDSM.

I've gone this far on the ramble but the entirety of your post could be answered by:
"No, there won't be any significant amount of branching to fit that in the game"

And add to that a random quote from him about the subject.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Honestly, glad he recognized his limits.
Far too many games crash and burn due to author over reach.

4.40 star(s) 234 Votes