Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Going by your image (which I assume is the result at end of battle), I think what happened there is that she had the tier 0 injury break which opened her up to the tier 1 break, but there wasn't a turn for that to happen. It also looks like fear and shame are higher, and as a result, she would mitigate those first possibly, and get other breaks before the confidence tier break, requiring maybe 2-3 more turns from where that ended.

Maybe it's achievable if you go by an older load, because having different trauma distribution affects base damage which affects surround setups. In any case you weren't kidding about Tyrant being a tough nut to crack.

I might have another go when I'm not strapped for time. Gotta run.

I had 2 turns left at the point of screenshot. not really changed anything. my take on it is that they start mitigating actions if there is a chance that circumstantial damage will reach 10k in this surround. basically it needs to move forward in big increments and have enough turns to reach 10k. so barely reaching 1k with increments of 100-200 per turn not gonna break her. oh well.
And good luck with whatever you have to do =)

Reactions: Chekhovs_Ghost
Jul 14, 2018
I had 2 turns left at the point of screenshot. not really changed anything. my take on it is that they start mitigating actions if there is a chance that circumstantial damage will reach 10k in this surround. basically it needs to move forward in big increments and have enough turns to reach 10k. so barely reaching 1k with increments of 100-200 per turn not gonna break her. oh well.
And good luck with whatever you have to do =)
Just one more post as I'm on the run. Yes, I think you are correct; I thought the goal was trauma, but you're right, begging and such prevent circumstance damage and is about trying to prevent it from reaching 10k.

Aklackadaka

Feb 9, 2020
Still not really getting the Forsaken system at all. I've seen a lot of talk about having goals, but the actual training part is incomprehensible to me. Free training generates expertise, but going beyond the girl's limits only raises her obedience (which I don't want). If I want to raise her disgrace, is the only way to use a trainer and grind it out slowly?

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
in the end i decided to ignore Tyrant for now and went to break Miracle's 2nd core. also in process got her t2 innocence significant - so still extra evil points from the interview

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
You need just core T1 on Tyrant? Easily done with 5EE commander.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
welp - this proves how much i know about the breaks. good job. Though by now i went and broke 2nd core on miracle instead and by day 19 already sitting on t2 core on tyrant (Thanks Networked Consciousness) and i think i'll keep it at that.

though alternatively i can reload from turn 14, try to break Miracle 2nd T1 core - and then break Tyrant by your tutorial. for full broken broadcast. what to do what to do.

edit: i mostly see what you did there, but not exactly understand reasoning for commander choices. like why HATE EXPO and then EXPO INJU i know that HATE and INJU are multipliers but why in one case multiplier is first and in another second. same for commands used on tyrant.

Last edited:

haksaw

Oct 10, 2019
i mostly see what you did there, but not exactly understand reasoning for commander choices. like why HATE EXPO and then EXPO INJU i know that HATE and INJU are multipliers but why in one case multiplier is first and in another second. same for commands used on tyrant.
It's better to keep circumstance lvls close to avoid penalties. So I usually open with one that takes 2 turns to reach lvl1, so I use Expo on Tyrant first. That allows me to get both Hate And Expo to lvl1 on turn 2. If I used Hate turn one I would get penalty and risk it getting to lvl2 too early. That's not a hard rule, just smth I'm used to do.

And I used Hate and Inju before Expo in both instances with Purity. I usually use Hate 1st for my Expo supports because Hate also increases trauma, so she will have more openings for when I need to capture her again. I would use Inju on her next, but I had to capture Tyrant on that turn, so I did that next capture. If I have no time for that I just use Expo and make do with what I have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragsmu

haksaw

Oct 10, 2019
I deleted mentions of penalties to cirs from previous post, because that needed some more elaboration. Granted, I'm still not 100% sure I get everything right but that's how I understand it.

I will use this screen for reference.
Corrupted Saviors - 06.11.2022 , 14_21_09.jpg

So. When you bump any circumstance to next lvl you will get 1\2 decrease in dmg to ALL circs. If we use Hate 1st turn, we will get x2 circ dmg from lvl1 Hate, but also x0.5 dmg from penalty, so that will even out and we still be getting x1 dmg to cirs.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now, most important thing is that trauma lvls also penalize circs. If trauma lvls are not even, then those which are ahead get less circ dmg to corresponding circs. And we clearly see it here. Disg is still lvl1, while all others are lvl2, so we get additional x0.5 on all circs but Plea. That's not a good position to be in, since we don't need Plea. And trying to remedy that by rising Plea so Disg get better multiplyer is not that good of a solution, since first it will bump Plea to lvl2, further decreasing all circ dmg to x0.25, and second Plea increase all trauma multiplyers, not only Disg, so you are risking another lvls to pull ahead again. So in this case it's better to increase Disg manually and when surrounding pay attention to trauma lvls to not let smth pull too far ahead.

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
It's at the bottom of either the forsaken training or refference guide if you have the latest veraion of the game.

It explains how rampancy has different rules for motivation (typically gains motivation from being deployed, but loses it from being idle) as well as how the other distortions have different rules.

Distortions are less corrupted typically (they usually didn't have tier 4 breaks) and as a result despite their extra bonuses, they are not as corrupted and need more training to be compliant in one on one action.

I had a run with a rampancy and a tier 4 injury break that turned into forsakens, and the latter was easy to have sex with, while the rampancy distortion was very resistant until I did some training.

Mind you, there are gameplay advantages to NOT increase corruption as well as advantages to DO increase corruption. But there is no way back once corrupted. Distortions forsaken have unique roles due to being lower corrupted, if you care about gameplay.

Tier 0, which only exists for core vulnerabilities is what requires 1000 circumstance damage. It says it right there for tyrant: reach level 2 injury.

Tier 1 however also requires her to do the mitigating action, which I think is begging for confidence. (Violence, service, begging, hiding, right?)

So while tier 0 break just requires tier 2 circumstance damage, tier 1 break requires tier 3 trauma damage and to be surrounded and to have an action that causes her to mitigate that is relevant.

There is no increase in cost for tier 0 break and tier 1 break (or tier 2 break). The increasing costs start for tier 3 breaks, where every new tier 3 break for the same chozen requires 10x as much unresolved trauma. And thank god, because you don't want to unlock all 4 tier 3 breaks at once for a chozen.

Also tell me your secret how you got breaks so fast for the first couple of days. That seems very effective.

People keep saying this, but looking at the guide it only mentions that there's such thing as a tempt defiler, and only under the negotiation. Nowhere does it say what it is specifically or the details on it.

1667749350592.png

I keep looking and people keep mentioning it but Traumatize and the others don't seem to be listed anywhere.

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
Also, I found myself in a weird situation where I set up my chosen for the temptation distortion in a new run, and all the conditions are met, however no matter how many times I activate the tempt action on them in combat, it never actually distorts them and just ends up having saying after combat I still have to surround them and tempt them to distort them. I've tried checking them by visiting them and the tempt distortion isn't in effect on them. It feels like this is a bug, so I'll include my save here in case anyone is either able to point out something I'm doing wrong and I'm just stupid, or if this really is a bug. I'm trying to tempt Despair.

Jul 14, 2018
People keep saying this, but looking at the guide it only mentions that there's such thing as a tempt defiler, and only under the negotiation. Nowhere does it say what it is specifically or the details on it.

View attachment 2151187

I keep looking and people keep mentioning it but Traumatize and the others don't seem to be listed anywhere.
It mentions in guide.txt that there is more information on tempt defiler when you've reached it.

main.png

I'm just going by the book here. I only have experience with rampancy up to having a forsaken with that.

Asbeoth

Apr 8, 2021
Have things been streamlined at all in the past year-ish? A lot of features felt pointless or overly complicated to use. Plus, the game always ended with one of the heroes having to die, so not sure if that changed, too?

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Have things been streamlined at all in the past year-ish? A lot of features felt pointless or overly complicated to use. Plus, the game always ended with one of the heroes having to die, so not sure if that changed, too?
Not really in general. A massive improvement is that the game now warns you when an action will break a vuln though, so you don't have to savescum testing that over and over again. It even removes the warning when the action will no longer bring them up to the break threshhold.

When it comes to one of the heros dying, that has been avoidable for as long as I've played (Mid April 2022 was about when I started). It's just really fucking difficult in the first run to save all the girls and would likely require some savescumming to make sure you don't waste any days that could be better spent. I don't think that's become much easier, though it does require a lot less savescumming thanks to the above change, lol.

Last edited:

Asbeoth

Apr 8, 2021
Not really. A massive improvement is that the game now warns you when an action will break a vuln though, so you don't have to savescum testing that over and over again. It even removes the warning when the action will no longer bring them up to the break threshhold.

When it comes to one of the heros dying, that has been avoidable for as long as I've played (Mid April 2022 was about when I started). It's just really fucking difficult in the first run to save all the girls and would likely require some savescumming to make sure you don't waste any days that could be better spent. I don't think that's become much easier, though it does require a lot less savescumming thanks to the above change, lol.
Alright. Thanks. I was hoping things would be a bit less convoluted, and there would be alternatives to one of them dying, without making it even more annoyingly difficult. I'll probably check back again in a few months, see if things change.

haksaw

Oct 10, 2019
What? If you make them all rivals and purchase rivalry upgrade, they will enter final battle with 20 motivation, that's couple normal attacks and they are done. Sure, you may make things harder for yourself, but that's intentional, not smth that is hard to avoid.

Jul 14, 2018
Nobody died in my first run. Granted I did have rivalry upgrade (antipathy) and they started with 50, 50 and 20 motivation.

Asbeoth

Apr 8, 2021
What? If you make them all rivals and purchase rivalry upgrade, they will enter final battle with 20 motivation, that's couple normal attacks and they are done. Sure, you may make things harder for yourself, but that's intentional, not smth that is hard to avoid.
A bit too convoluted already to make it even rougher to pull off. Hence why I stopped playing and just check back occasionally.

Jul 14, 2018
I'm still trying to figure out best strategies to go from tier 3 to 1000% for tier 4.

Can anyone explain how they approach these?
Is it better to try and do mass damage to the circumstance so you trigger higher versions of it, or set things up in a way so that you trigger it multiple times?

3.80 star(s) 52 Votes