Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
ok umm i have no god damn idea what im doing like .... 90% of the time.
any cheats for this or a step by step guide?
the guide included in the download doesn't help me much.
I need one that holds my hand like im 6 years old and have the IQ of a plastic fork.
or just... cheats. Cheat engine or something.
Don't worry this game has put all of us through the wringer the first time lol, there is a cheat mode built into the game, go into the options and go to difficulty and turn it to "Easy" this should enable cheats for single play and you can use that to play around with chosen and learn the game more! There isn't a cheat mode for campaign mode but CSDev said on their subscribe it will be implemented this update alongside some other things

And for a step-by-step guide I plan on doing a Day 50 run with the commentary system built into the game already, It's not going to explain everything especially since different chosen teams require entirely different strategies but some of the tactics and tricks I use have some general utility to them and I hope that will new people trying the game out.
I plan on making this guide after I finish this next wave of character designs for my portrait pack which should be finished around Friday so yea!

Either way I hope things go well and you have fun! :D

taxsama

Sep 3, 2018
If you are using mine or someone's before the update I need to tell you after this recent update the CSDev has changed it so the game will recognize the Capitalization in the chosen packs. This was because some users were having issues as a result of the names being lowercase in the folder and being Capitalized in the actual game, So it could be that a portrait pack you are using still have all the names lowercased.

If this is true, then all you need to do it Capitalize the first letter in all the names in your pack and the game should recognize it now.

Let me know if this was the case and if not I would like to see a screenshot of inside your portrait folder if you can! :D

And this reminded me to change my MEGA link on here with the updated the name change so if you are using mind just download it again and it should have the names updated properly

Reactions: Kalloi

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
taxsama
I see, so its not the capitlization problem, I honestly don't have a clue at this point so I'm going to try a message CSDev on subscribestar about this problem, I'm really sorry this is happening. hopefully they will figure it out

Last edited:

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
Don't worry this game has put all of us through the wringer the first time lol, there is a cheat mode built into the game, go into the options and go to difficulty and turn it to "Easy" this should enable cheats for single play and you can use that to play around with chosen and learn the game more! There isn't a cheat mode for campaign mode but CSDev said on their subscribe it will be implemented this update alongside some other things

And for a step-by-step guide I plan on doing a Day 50 run with the commentary system built into the game already, It's not going to explain everything especially since different chosen teams require entirely different strategies but some of the tactics and tricks I use have some general utility to them and I hope that will new people trying the game out.
I plan on making this guide after I finish this next wave of character designs for my portrait pack which should be finished around Friday so yea!

Either way I hope things go well and you have fun! :D
thanks, i'll try the single mode but i doubt i'll learn anything
but uh... where is difficulty? i dont have that option.
1639064282527.png

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
thanks, i'll try the single mode but i doubt i'll learn anything
but uh... where is difficulty? i dont have that option.
View attachment 1537017
Oh you might need to complete a run first, lose or win you just need to finish iirc. But If you don't want to finish and just want to try cheat mode here is my save with it unlocked. This is my second campaign run/test save for new portraits I'm drawing so you might want to delete some save clutter if you use it lol

Reactions: fzdc

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
its really izi u need to break tier 2 pleasure with expo, after that u need to get 100k pleasure to get the first temp... my advice is to use expo orgy to achieve that. remember that expo levels will multiply your damage by 2 so it should be easier than doing a force orgasm run.

just for note if u want to capture all three chosen u will have an easier time if u temp one before hand(be careful with defillers cause they can cause t2 break with mor and con) in the final fight let them for last and the probability for she to run away is really low

ps about your question just u can grind and pummel just DO NOT press insaminate and sodomize, in the guide they say that they can beg and hide(those only proc when the game calcule that u will reach 10k in the capture time lapse so she will use the tactic to try slowing your progress to the 10k and that will break the T1 to break T2 u need to active click on the yellow botton) btw if im not wrong if the heroine have 2 core stats u need to break both to starting receiving more EE im not sure tho, but u can still break her and make her fall.... heheh do that and u will have a forsaken that hate attacking humans with low EE cost if get the flashy attack style 1000% expo is broken
Thanks, that really helped. Did not realize that orgy buffed the damage so much. only had a 4 turn orgy, but dealt around 100M trauma and 10M circumstance damage to everyone. That's apparently what I've been missing on all my runs, I've been avoiding the stacked ones due to how many turns it shaves off everyone's surround time. Apparently I've been missing out.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
It's my degenerate part that is talking here, but in the future, could we see some all the way through scene without tentacle. I'm pretty sure that magical girl metabolism can let them survive. Maybe some ultimate training for forsaken.
It's funny that you picked this update to ask this, since the recent release does something like that with the Mangle+Tentacle Show Forsaken training combination. As for an even more brutal version where it's made clear that you're pretty much pushing a straight path through them... Well, I'll look for a chance to include it. It is true that they're very capable of surviving that sort of thing.
The portraits have really added a ton to the game. Just wanted to say good job CSdev.
I'm glad you think so! Some of the first feedback I got for this game was that it would benefit a lot even from some minor visuals, so I had been thinking about how to do that without losing the flexibility provided by being a text game.
How does the cheat mode work? I turn it on in the options menu(or at least I think I do, I leave with EASY on difficulty), but the option doesn't appear when I play single play or campaign. I'm clearly missing something, I saw someone else with the same issue, but didn't see any replies to it.
As rizldiz3l says, it only applies to Single Play mode, and the options settings are reset when you load a game. However, also note that you can't turn on cheats in the middle of a playthrough. It needs to be either a new playthrough or a Day 1 load.
i took a recording if that helps
This was helpful. The game is set up so that it looks for a particular image (empty.png in the portrait folder), and if it can't find that, then it turns portraits off so that it doesn't waste time repeatedly searching for portraits every single time one would normally be displayed. If your portraits folder does include empty.png, then there must be some other problem that would prevent the game from loading portraits even if the setting was left on.
Hiya! I am having some (weird?) behaviours in my game. Most notably that I did not get a final battle at day 50, and that the chosen are using selfish actions (Service, Begging, etc) from the very start of the game. I have read the guide that accompanies the files, and some of the triggers and mechanics described don't seem entirely accurate to my game. Does anyone have any knowledge about these things and if there's anything going wrong? Thank you!
Chosen using selfish actions at the start isn't necessarily a bug, since they sometimes start with broken Vulnerabilities. However, if you didn't get the final battle on Day 50, then that's a bug and I'd appreciate it if you could upload your save so that I can have a look. Just note that Single Play lets you continue past Day 50, so if you skip through text a lot then the final battle might've happened without you noticing.

• Red Heart

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Is there a theoretical minimum needed PLEA for the tempt distortion? I've had it stuck around ~20k for a few days, so I'm assuming the decrease per reaches a set minimum at some point.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Is there a theoretical minimum needed PLEA for the tempt distortion? I've had it stuck around ~20k for a few days, so I'm assuming the decrease per reaches a set minimum at some point.
It should keep going lower after every battle in which you used Tempt on her at least once, but the decrease is a percentage of the current Tempt requirement.

taxsama

Sep 3, 2018
It's funny that you picked this update to ask this, since the recent release does something like that with the Mangle+Tentacle Show Forsaken training combination. As for an even more brutal version where it's made clear that you're pretty much pushing a straight path through them... Well, I'll look for a chance to include it. It is true that they're very capable of surviving that sort of thing.

I'm glad you think so! Some of the first feedback I got for this game was that it would benefit a lot even from some minor visuals, so I had been thinking about how to do that without losing the flexibility provided by being a text game.

As rizldiz3l says, it only applies to Single Play mode, and the options settings are reset when you load a game. However, also note that you can't turn on cheats in the middle of a playthrough. It needs to be either a new playthrough or a Day 1 load.

This was helpful. The game is set up so that it looks for a particular image (empty.png in the portrait folder), and if it can't find that, then it turns portraits off so that it doesn't waste time repeatedly searching for portraits every single time one would normally be displayed. If your portraits folder does include empty.png, then there must be some other problem that would prevent the game from loading portraits even if the setting was left on.

Chosen using selfish actions at the start isn't necessarily a bug, since they sometimes start with broken Vulnerabilities. However, if you didn't get the final battle on Day 50, then that's a bug and I'd appreciate it if you could upload your save so that I can have a look. Just note that Single Play lets you continue past Day 50, so if you skip through text a lot then the final battle might've happened without you noticing.
it has empty.png

Xerxese

Dec 27, 2018
Beautiful game, so wonderfully made despite being oh so early and young in its development, that I can still waste so many hours into it, that I'm not even playing for the "plot" ,but actually for the plot (but still enjoying it for the "plot"). So wonderfully made that I will even let you take my first comment virginity, where I otherwise lurk other threads. Wonderful game, and I hope it, nor you especially burn out from it.

Reactions: theirl

theirl

Jul 25, 2018
Thanks, that really helped. Did not realize that orgy buffed the damage so much. only had a 4 turn orgy, but dealt around 100M trauma and 10M circumstance damage to everyone. That's apparently what I've been missing on all my runs, I've been avoiding the stacked ones due to how many turns it shaves off everyone's surround time. Apparently I've been missing out.
hehehe told ya

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
I finally finished college stuff... for now.

I just finished a tempt playthrough, I found it to be much more challenging then the standard tactics.
well, sometimes it is a bit more difficult, but other times you literally just stumble upon it. And tempting is a very good way to take out superior chosen (campaign mode).

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
it has empty.png
Alright, the other main cause I can think of is that there might be something wrong with the folder structure. The filepath should be [some folders]/Corrupted Saviors R24b/portraits/empty.png

Also, the game itself should be directly inside the Corrupted Saviors R24b folder. If both of these are the case, then there's some other reason the game can't read the file. It might be that your Corrupted Saviors folder is inside too many nested folders, so that the filepath is too long for the game to read (I've seen this happen with other games). In any case, the problem isn't the game toggling portraits off, it's that it can't read the portraits in the first place.
Beautiful game, so wonderfully made despite being oh so early and young in its development, that I can still waste so many hours into it, that I'm not even playing for the "plot" ,but actually for the plot (but still enjoying it for the "plot"). So wonderfully made that I will even let you take my first comment virginity, where I otherwise lurk other threads. Wonderful game, and I hope it, nor you especially burn out from it.
I'm not sure which Vulnerability is associated with comment virginity, but I appreciate the energy.
Let me correct that- I still had the file laying around in the recycle bin! Here you go. If there actually was a bug at play, I hope this helps!
Thanks for uploading this. I was able to confirm that the final battle does seem to be happening as scheduled.
I just finished a tempt playthrough, I found it to be much more challenging then the standard tactics.
I think the assessment by tpk is accurate. Sometimes it falls into your lap, sometimes it's useful for larger objectives (in campaign mode), and sometimes it's just not worth it. I eventually want to add Distortions for the other 5 Vulnerability combinations so that there's a greater likelihood that any given one will be useful.

• Red Heart

taxsama

Sep 3, 2018
Alright, the other main cause I can think of is that there might be something wrong with the folder structure. The filepath should be [some folders]/Corrupted Saviors R24b/portraits/empty.png

Also, the game itself should be directly inside the Corrupted Saviors R24b folder. If both of these are the case, then there's some other reason the game can't read the file. It might be that your Corrupted Saviors folder is inside too many nested folders, so that the filepath is too long for the game to read (I've seen this happen with other games). In any case, the problem isn't the game toggling portraits off, it's that it can't read the portraits in the first place.

I'm not sure which Vulnerability is associated with comment virginity, but I appreciate the energy.

Thanks for uploading this. I was able to confirm that the final battle does seem to be happening as scheduled.

I think the assessment by tpk is accurate. Sometimes it falls into your lap, sometimes it's useful for larger objectives (in campaign mode), and sometimes it's just not worth it. I eventually want to add Distortions for the other 5 Vulnerability combinations so that there's a greater likelihood that any given one will be useful.
it doesnt like being in any folder besides itself it works when i put corrupted saviors on desktop

pmonk

Oct 15, 2019
can someone tell me what triggers the shame surround, i was under the impression that you needed the other 3 activated for it to turn on, but sometimes it triggers when i only have 1 of the other ones.

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
can someone tell me what triggers the shame surround, i was under the impression that you needed the other 3 activated for it to turn on, but sometimes it triggers when i only have 1 of the other ones.
it counts only when you can capture, it basically gives you extra turns.

pmonk

Oct 15, 2019
it counts only when you can capture, it basically gives you extra turns.
thanks, and is it correct that the highest circ. debuff only counts people who arent flying above the battlefield to see who gets it?

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I finally finished college stuff... for now.

well, sometimes it is a bit more difficult, but other times you literally just stumble upon it. And tempting is a very good way to take out superior chosen (campaign mode).
Congratz! I hope things went well and you can rest easy now! :D

• Hey there
Reactions: tpk
3.80 star(s) 52 Votes