Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Played around the generators to get a better feel what I can do with them and how well they could potentially work together. Haven't touched males yet. Please see past the designs, some are better, some are worse; none of those are completed image sets, they were made as an exercise.

Portraits are without any post processing, resizing and background - for now.

Style T -
Style Y -
Style K -
Style M -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My thoughts - I like T's style the most, but the colors are only so so (could be improved a bit with post processing). It allows for very good customization, including emotions. Y is very cute and I could see it working great for some archetypes, the half profile pose is more dynamic in and looks better in my opinion. K is the black horse in this race - a shitload amount of customization and it allows commercial usage to boot. It comes with the cost with a relatively static pose. M has some nice looking customization options, but I'm not sold on some of the details.

Any specific style looks better/worse in your opinion? Any favorites? Perhaps I worry too much about K's en face view being too static/repetitive.

Next step - I'll probably start a playthrough tomorrow and make three image sets for a freshly generated trio of Chosen, attempting to match their personality to the best of my ability.
Personally I like Y or M style the most, especially since their respective art styles feel close enough that you can potentially make an pack using both of them combined, although since you said K has the most diversity I think it might be good in the long run as the species/chosen types increases. T and K might be good together as well the more I look at them.

Overall though I hope the playthrough helps well in your decision-making process, its definitely helped on my end especially with some of the personality types I didn't come across in my normal playthroughs, as well as seeing the generated clothing descriptions and their archetypes.

Either way I hope it goes well and excited to see the results of your work! :D

Reactions: activspam

zertyx23

Jan 16, 2020
Played around the generators to get a better feel what I can do with them and how well they could potentially work together. Haven't touched males yet. Please see past the designs, some are better, some are worse; none of those are completed image sets, they were made as an exercise.

Style T -
Style Y -
Style K -
Style M -

My thoughts - I like T's style the most, but the colors are only so so (could be improved a bit with post processing). It allows for very good customization, including emotions. Y is very cute and I could see it working great for some archetypes, the half profile pose is more dynamic in and looks better in my opinion. K is the black horse in this race - a shitload amount of customization and it allows commercial usage to boot. It comes with the cost with a relatively static pose. M has some nice looking customization options, but I'm not sold on some of the details.

Any specific style looks better/worse in your opinion? Any favorites? Perhaps I worry too much about K's en face view being too static/repetitive.

Next step - I'll probably start a playthrough tomorrow and make three image sets for a freshly generated trio of Chosen, attempting to match their personality to the best of my ability.
I would probably not give any help with that but I think the Four style are good. T seem better for "Good" girl but I think you can use the four style.

theirl

Jul 25, 2018

Style T -
Style Y -
Style K -
Style M -

My thoughts - I like T's style the most, but the colors are only so so (could be improved a bit with post processing). It allows for very good customization, including emotions. Y is very cute and I could see it working great for some archetypes, the half profile pose is more dynamic and looks better in my opinion. K is the black horse in this race - a shitload amount of customization and it allows commercial usage to boot. It comes with the cost with a relatively static pose. M has some nice looking customization options, but I'm not sold on some of the details.

i liked Y a lot Y2 is really naice

theirl

Jul 25, 2018
is the benefit of going for a distortion worth jumping through the hoops to get one to happen?
yes distortion is the best way to get 3 chosen in the last battle... u let the distotion chosen for last and u insta capture, all my distortion forsaken came at lower cost EE so thats good too

Reactions: tpk and Belgaz

Belgaz

Jul 18, 2021
yes distortion is the best way to get 3 chosen in the last battle... u let the distotion chosen for last and u insta capture, all my distortion forsaken came at lower cost EE so thats good too
Ok, just wanted to know, hopefully theres more ways to distort for the other personalities then since thats the most likely way to get all 3 anyways.

Belgaz

Jul 18, 2021
anyone else wish that you could choose if you wanted to swap combat styles of your forsaken and not be forced to? :unsure:

theirl

Jul 25, 2018
anyone else wish that you could choose if you wanted to swap combat styles of your forsaken and not be forced to? :unsure:
HMMMMM well its part of the training u have to know what u r doing and the game even tell u thats going to happen

Belgaz

Jul 18, 2021
HMMMMM well its part of the training u have to know what u r doing and the game even tell u thats going to happen
i am not all too well-versed in training, but it would be a nice qol thing to have the last say to what style is swapped... just puttin' it out there tho. :whistle:

picobyte

Oct 20, 2017
Another character generator here:

example

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Kalloi

theirl

Jul 25, 2018
i am not all too well-versed in training, but it would be a nice qol thing to have the last say to what style is swapped... just puttin' it out there tho. :whistle:
neither am i.... well i was experimenting but my family starting saying that i too much time locked up in my room, and even in vacation i dont stop working so i can only help u with some tid bits of information i managed to acquire with hours of frustration with my superior forsaken.

well the most important thing for a good forsaken is it to have a lower EE cost, all after that can probably be trained and u need to learn how to balance because for now the only style that i found worth its price is Flashy(1000% expo damage) but the question is how do i reach that attack style?

well in my experimentation(Poor Chaos suffer so for the betterment of society) u need to top of the expo damage in training the only way i managed to do that is to only train the expo damage while switching the secondary( be warned a good forsaken if not a superior is only the forsaken that u spend a lot of days training any other is better just to make a 5x2 demon and do the grind and pummel in early game and stack expo in the team in the mid game...

ps. im not sure if this will work since its was trial and error btw so maybe there is another variable that i coudnt perceive well good luck put the game to a halt till next update im really burn out

Belgaz

Jul 18, 2021
neither am i.... well i was experimenting but my family starting saying that i too much time locked up in my room, and even in vacation i dont stop working so i can only help u with some tid bits of information i managed to acquire with hours of frustration with my superior forsaken.

well the most important thing for a good forsaken is it to have a lower EE cost, all after that can probably be trained and u need to learn how to balance because for now the only style that i found worth its price is Flashy(1000% expo damage) but the question is how do i reach that attack style?

well in my experimentation(Poor Chaos suffer so for the betterment of society) u need to top of the expo damage in training the only way i managed to do that is to only train the expo damage while switching the secondary( be warned a good forsaken if not a superior is only the forsaken that u spend a lot of days training any other is better just to make a 5x2 demon and do the grind and pummel in early game and stack expo in the team in the mid game...

ps. im not sure if this will work since its was trial and error btw so maybe there is another variable that i coudnt perceive well good luck put the game to a halt till next update im really burn out
damn... my condolences, ig? sorry 'bout that :confused:

theirl

Jul 25, 2018
Are superior chosen a majorly different ball game from the joe schmoe ones, for the most part?
they are broken they take less damage and regenarate a lot more and more often if u want to break one u need a to sorround them first if u commit the same mistake as me and ooooh she is 10k i will wait to "hum make party her with the other 2" she will after 2 turns in 8k the secret is just to keep attacking non stop

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
Are superior chosen a majorly different ball game from the joe schmoe ones, for the most part?
well, they are tougher, have higher resolve, smaller multipliers, better rewards...

but they don't have any really different mechanics.

Belgaz

Jul 18, 2021
well, they are tougher, have higher resolve, smaller multipliers, better rewards...

but they don't have any really different mechanics.
eh, im happy and sad that that's all they are that simple, so... bleh.

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes