Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
So I was reading all the available information on Csdev`s subscribestar and just discovered you can kill somebody and they can return as undead.
Is that how you guys are doing it?
I have questions.
Do I need to do something weird like using bait?
Do killed forsaken comes back as undead with the same vulnerabilities broken or they come fresh?
Killed forsaken returning as undead is similiar in concept to the returning chosen mechanic

1. The chosen you want to be undead needs to not have any T4 broken on them when they’re killed. T3 breaks are fine

2.Only one chosen will be eligible for being revived as a undead chosen so fully corrupt the two chosen you don’t want to be undead

3. I believe only base chosen are able to become undead so animalistic chosen can not come back as undead. Superior chosen i can’t confirm but base chosen i can confirm to work.

4. The chosen need to die in the final battle, so make sure either they’re hated by their allies or in some distortion

If you did things right you will get a cutscene at the end of the final battle where the chosen will be revived as an undead.

Killed chosen will come back with all vulnerabilities broken up to T2. Any broken T3 vulnerabilities are rehabilitated while they’re gone.

And finally they’re not guaranteed to show up immediately after they become undead, it will be at least one loop before it will be possible and even then it depends on if the next city has the conditions for them to show up, you can actually see the chosen’s status from their former allies relationships.

Hope it helps and let me know if you have any questions! :D

Loki_viese

Sep 5, 2021
1719379129291.png
so i got crash whenever i try use capture the second/third chosen come after I specifically release capture for first chosen. It only start crashing after I break their T3.

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
I was trying to see if using the meglomania item would let me "cheese" splendor by switching her from second in command but that didn't do anything(Even switched the position to Victory). I guess I will just have to deal with her normally. Will probably just go for despair on her untill more bosses get added.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
btw the animalistic one also has a bug

when the fight finish and you are hitting continue, to see downtime, there appears a "continue"without it giving you any information . sometimes it loops forever (I didnt try to replicate it, so this time Im reporting it from memory)
its funny that you consider it " quite a loop" because I got perfect capture in all 10 loops including Splendor
then it threw me a curve ball with "here, 2 devils in a platter have fun"
my last 2 loops I restarted because I wasnt beating the devils, I thought I needed some extra strategy training my forsaken and still it wasnt enought

I hate fighting animalistics with all my core of behind

btw I had a tempted undead forsaken. Dictum
Its just that she already was doing 1000 % pleasure and I didnt bother getting her tempting defiler
looks like getting a temtpting forsaken to do other damage than pleasure is just a better idea.
She also doenst have the extra trauma damage from publicist
I wasn't able to reproduce the bug, so if it happens again to you, it'd be useful if you could upload your save and keep track of the steps required to make it happen.
Question : Does anyone know what happens if you have a "powerful harvester =-789% to drain" and all of it adds to 1000% ? (for example with your achievements ) does that mean you can drain somebody inmediatelly? can you break a level 4 vulnerability without getting to 100 million damage?
It's multiplicative, not additive. So if you have -789% to Drain, your needed Drain is multiplied by .211. If you have the level 3 Drain achievement (-600% Drain PE needed), your needed Drain is multiplied by 0.4. So in this specific example the cost would be (1000)(.4)(.211) = 84.4% PE needed, which is less than the 100% that it begins with after T3 is broken.

I've never tried to get these to that level of bonus or peeked hard at that part of the source code, so I can't say for sure, but I'm fairly sure that you have to first break T3 even if you reduce Punisher Effectiveness needed below the 100% that they start with.
The way this works is that the internal calculation of how much the requirement is reduced works from the percentage above 100%. So the base requirement is 100% + 900%. With the level 5 Drain achievement, that becomes 100% + 150%. And then with the Forsaken Punisher bonus cranked up to maximum with the Limit Break item, the 150% gets multiplied by 20/900 and becomes 3%, for a final minimum requirement of 103% Punisher effectiveness. The endgame species will have slow enough T3 development (and short enough deadlines) that this should hopefully sometimes be worthwhile.
Okay so I think I found another bug which I don't know the workings of. I am unable to do any damage to Fortune with surround actions unless I get like level 4 expo on other chosen. View attachment 3757542

Here is the save file:
Thank you for the bug report! This is related to the Angel Chosen "Invitation to Heaven" move. It'll be fixed in tomorrow's release.
I am assuming the fact that undead tempted forsaken stop gaining motivation from trauma after reaching 100% stamina is not intended?
Oh, good catch, that is indeed a bug. I'll fix this one for tomorrow's release too.
On a side note, wanted to see item upgrades this campaign but I have reached loop 15 and still haven't gotten a single one. I haven't been skipping loops, maybe that's why?
They all cost 50 Influence, so anything that keeps you below 50 Influence would stop you from ever seeing them. If you pick high-value items, that would delay the heavyweights showing up. And yes, not using the warp routes also results in less Influence.
Edit 2: The angel thing was not a bug just me being dumb and thinking I had more disgrace forsaken than I thought. Still I am assuming the angel achievement bonus only works on future forsaken after level up?
That's right, Spared Forsaken bonuses are calculated based on the achievement level at the time you Spare them.
View attachment 3771210
so i got crash whenever i try use capture the second/third chosen come after I specifically release capture for first chosen. It only start crashing after I break their T3.
Thanks for the bug report, this one will also be fixed in tomorrow's release.
I was trying to see if using the meglomania item would let me "cheese" splendor by switching her from second in command but that didn't do anything(Even switched the position to Victory). I guess I will just have to deal with her normally. Will probably just go for despair on her untill more bosses get added.
Yeah, the extra trait flip on Splendor is tied to the usual scene that happens after you beat a boss Chosen. But the item does stop her from locking you out of using the Second-in-Command position (and you don't even need to put her back in the position to get the scene when you defeat another boss using Megalomania).

Fortunately, the next two bosses are coming soon, and once they're in, you'll finally be able to flip all four of Splendor's traits in the same playthrough.
Just noticed that some of the chosen have family members do we ever get to interact with them ?
In order to make them show up, you need to be playing in campaign mode and put the Forsaken with family members in the Bait position.

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
I wasn't able to reproduce the bug, so if it happens again to you, it'd be useful if you could upload your save and keep track of the steps required to make it happen.

The way this works is that the internal calculation of how much the requirement is reduced works from the percentage above 100%. So the base requirement is 100% + 900%. With the level 5 Drain achievement, that becomes 100% + 150%. And then with the Forsaken Punisher bonus cranked up to maximum with the Limit Break item, the 150% gets multiplied by 20/900 and becomes 3%, for a final minimum requirement of 103% Punisher effectiveness. The endgame species will have slow enough T3 development (and short enough deadlines) that this should hopefully sometimes be worthwhile.

Thank you for the bug report! This is related to the Angel Chosen "Invitation to Heaven" move. It'll be fixed in tomorrow's release.

Oh, good catch, that is indeed a bug. I'll fix this one for tomorrow's release too.

They all cost 50 Influence, so anything that keeps you below 50 Influence would stop you from ever seeing them. If you pick high-value items, that would delay the heavyweights showing up. And yes, not using the warp routes also results in less Influence.

That's right, Spared Forsaken bonuses are calculated based on the achievement level at the time you Spare them.

Thanks for the bug report, this one will also be fixed in tomorrow's release.

Yeah, the extra trait flip on Splendor is tied to the usual scene that happens after you beat a boss Chosen. But the item does stop her from locking you out of using the Second-in-Command position (and you don't even need to put her back in the position to get the scene when you defeat another boss using Megalomania).

Fortunately, the next two bosses are coming soon, and once they're in, you'll finally be able to flip all four of Splendor's traits in the same playthrough.

In order to make them show up, you need to be playing in campaign mode and put the Forsaken with family members in the Bait position.
The save that does the bug is the same one you said "this is quite a loop", instead of going for the devils you just need to go for the animalistic (I will try to reproduce it in a week or two)
From memory just play normally, (using the forsaken undead demon knight extensivelly) , when you get an orgy or a defiler plus, when the fight is over, and the vignettes are happening,or the part where the evil energy is gained, one or two of the animalistic has extra lines with nothing that makes you hit "continue".Sometimes this happens once or twice, sometimes the "continue"button keeps appearing again and again (I think I clicked in continue once about 11 times before I closed the game)
when you hit continue an extra line with nothing new appears with the separating lines
That bug in that save, against those animalistics happened to me at least 3 or 4 times

My save should have a lot of "-------------------------------------------"as a separator so I can see it better, maybe that could be the problem? (I have only seen this bug on that particular save, against those animalistics)

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes