fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
Is it normal to inmediatelly fight 2 devils after splendor? I have 2 choices, either I fight 2 devils or 1 animalistic and I need to win before day 26 o.o

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Are there any gameplay benefits to giving a chosen the lilim egg? Also, is there any more flavor stuff after the lilim egg besides one interaction when being force orgasmed by the forsaken who gave them it and one reaction when slimed?
There’s no gameplay benefit to giving a chosen Lilin’s egg and there is one more interaction and that’s through the custom sex scenes, just like the mark of the succubus! And to answer your question currently, no there’s nothing like lilin’s egg in the game atm, however that sort of content and specifically lilin’s egg will be expanded on in the future. There will be some vignettes where your forsaken will develop the egg until it eventually becomes a mark of succubus just like the forsaken has. I’ll leave it as a secret as to how that happens for now :D Just know also that there will be a different kind of brand for chosen who have nothing but hate for their teammates.

Those vignettes will be continued sometime after the plans for the negotiation chain(s) are finished and also two secret things that has to do with the demon commanders CSDev and I talked about and commissioned him to make. Lot of the concepts which will be later utilized for other distortion vignette chains

And there will also be other forsaken tools like lilin’s egg that inflict conditions and effects on the chosen

It’s going to take some time for everything to be rolled out though, since these sorts of things shouldn’t take priority over things like adding the remaining gameplay mechanics and bosses but the pace should pick up after negotiation gets the work it needs. For now though, I hope you and everyone enjoy the upcoming significant morality chain :D

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
What's the lilim egg?
If your forsaken has the brand of the succubus that’s unlocked from experiencing Lilith’s awakening as a chosen then she can inflict Lilin’s egg on chosen when uses the forced orgasm defiler. it’s lesser version of the mark of the succubus but it still makes chosen more horny and willing during custom sex than they normally are

They will still probably try to destroy your body most of the time tho

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
Anyone capable of beating these 2 devils with my build?

Im also unable to beat the animalistic choice ( Idont know if its the joining of bad temperaments, but what normally works for me isnt working)

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021

Im also unable to beat the animalistic choice ( Idont know if its the joining of bad temperaments, but what normally works for me isnt working)
Having Splendor as your 10th loop boss isn't exactly advised. Just read her abilities and you will understand why you are not making progress. Not only are you missing out on possible Angel spare buffs but she will debuff you against undead and devil chosen. She will also make your next loop harder(Probably why you got those choices). And most annoyingly mess up all your forsaken motivation making it impossible to deploy many of them. You can't even make use of her since she heals chosen instead of damaging them. So yeah I would reset and fight Victory.

You can also try using bargains with her instead and see what happens but idk how useful it would be, since my furthest loop is still 15 only. Honestly there needs to be a proper warning on what you are going to have to deal with after you beat Splendor. Especially since there are no auto-save backups after every loop. Right now only way I can see people going through loops after splendor at loop 10 is by using tempted undead forsaken with like 40% hostility and reasonable ee costs.

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
Having Splendor as your 10th loop boss isn't exactly advised. Just read her abilities and you will understand why you are not making progress. Not only are you missing out on possible Angel spare buffs but she will debuff you against undead and devil chosen. She will also make your next loop harder(Probably why you got those choices). And most annoyingly mess up all your forsaken motivation making it impossible to deploy many of them. You can't even make use of her since she heals chosen instead of damaging them. So yeah I would reset and fight Victory.

You can also try using bargains with her instead and see what happens but idk how useful it would be, since my furthest loop is still 15 only. Honestly there needs to be a proper warning on what you are going to have to deal with after you beat Splendor. Especially since there are no auto-save backups after every loop. Right now only way I can see people going through loops after splendor at loop 10 is by using tempted undead forsaken with like 40% hostility and reasonable ee costs.
I can bargain, no problem , I still do very little damage with the forsaken . I thought victory was even harder?

What will having undead tempted forsaken do instead of my rampagin undead? Promise has been my goto undead all this time (I used to use the 10 EE one followed by my ex second in command) ,but she is doing jackshit this level and I dont know what happened (promise used to open 5 or 7 levels then 10 or 11 to almost everyone, now she only opens 4 , sometimes 6)

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
I can bargain, no problem , I still do very little damage with the forsaken . I thought victory was even harder?

What will having undead tempted forsaken do instead of my rampagin undead? Promise has been my goto undead all this time (I used to use the 10 EE one followed by my ex second in command) ,but she is doing jackshit this level and I dont know what happened (promise used to open 5 or 7 levels then 10 or 11 to almost everyone, now she only opens 4 , sometimes 6)
Undead already have low energy cost. With temptation bonus they restore both stamina and motivation every trauma level inflicted which synergieses well with the Trauma increasing punishers. So if you have enough hostility on them then you could literally spam them forever. Not to mention the bonus they get for motivation level. Along with that the temptation defiler makes triggering temptation really easy. All you need is a inju/expo forsaken with tempt defiler and you can easily get levels in inju/expo and plea. Currently my main forsaken is is a 5 energy cost tempted undead who deals like 15x trauma damage because of punishers which makes getting openings really easy.

Also if you didn't know you can get defilers by doing one of the four "end" trainings and there are special ones for each distortion. The temptation one let's you change the combat style mid battle to a high pleasure one. So with inju/expo style + Tempt defiler you can deal a lot more damage.

Victory fight is harder but it's better to do it first. Splendor is always gonna be easy to beat. But by beating splendor first you are making your rest of the campaign way too hard. If you think Victory is hard now imagine dealing with her with all the stuff Splendor pulls. You can remove one of her debuffs if you beat Victory first.

Last edited:

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
With temptation bonus they restore both stamina and motivation every trauma level inflicted which synergieses well with the Trauma increasing punishers.
the first part I get, but for the trauma increasing punishers dont you neeed the chosen to be this?
"Significant Innocence, Core Dignity: Notorious Publicist
Up to +200% own trauma damage per Parasitism performed"
I dont think I got any undead chosen with that power.

So if you have enough hostility on them then you could literally spam them forever.
Sorry I dont follow, what does hostility do that I didnt understand?
Also if you didn't know you can get defilers by doing one of the four "end" trainings and there are special ones for each distortion. The temptation one let's you change the combat style mid battle to a high pleasure one. So with inju/expo style + Tempt defiler you can deal a lot more damage.
I have a tempting forsaken I just dont know if its undead one , and I also didnt increase inju/expo. Why inju/expo and not hate/inju?

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
the first part I get, but for the trauma increasing punishers dont you neeed the chosen to be this?
"Significant Innocence, Core Dignity: Notorious Publicist
Up to +200% own trauma damage per Parasitism performed"
I dont think I got any undead chosen with that power.
There's also Hardworking Publicist: Significant Innocence, Significant Dignity, Core Morality
Up to +1000% victim trauma damage as Forsaken

A Forsaken with low Disgrace and providing this buff is one of the first things I try for, and I put it on just about every Forsaken I actually use in combat, except those that need unbroken DIG.

Sorry I dont follow, what does hostility do that I didnt understand?
Higher Hostility lowers the Motivation cost to deploy Forsaken. A standard Forsaken with 30% Hostility costs only 23% Motivation to deploy (x1/4 for Tempted, which would be 6.75). It's not a huge factor unless Hostility is really low.

I have a tempting forsaken I just dont know if its undead one , and I also didnt increase inju/expo. Why inju/expo and not hate/inju?
HATE/INJU will also work, but you won't be getting EXPO levels on the next Forsaken that she captures while you're doing your standard Surround followup on the first Forsaken she captured. Personally, I tend to have a Forsaken that is 1000% EXPO but has PLEA expertise just below the point that she would switch to dealing both types. This allows a really long Surround followup on the first Forsaken captured after using Tempt, combined with an increasing EXPO multiplier from whichever one was captured second (which also benefits from the initial EXPO damage dealt to the first Chosen).

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
There's also Hardworking Publicist: Significant Innocence, Significant Dignity, Core Morality

A Forsaken with low Disgrace and providing this buff is one of the first things I try for, and I put it on just about every Forsaken I actually use in combat, except those that need unbroken DIG.

Higher Hostility lowers the Motivation cost to deploy Forsaken. A standard Forsaken with 30% Hostility costs only 23% Motivation to deploy (x1/4 for Tempted, which would be 6.75). It's not a huge factor unless Hostility is really low.

HATE/INJU will also work, but you won't be getting EXPO levels on the next Forsaken that she captures while you're doing your standard Surround followup on the first Forsaken she captured. Personally, I tend to have a Forsaken that is 1000% EXPO but has PLEA expertise just below the point that she would switch to dealing both types. This allows a really long Surround followup on the first Forsaken captured after using Tempt, combined with an increasing EXPO multiplier from whichever one was captured second (which also benefits from the initial EXPO damage dealt to the first Chosen).
what all this tells me is "you are not getting past 10 unless you plan and you have luck" ;_;
I think I have never gotten the hardworking publicist one in... 30 loops maybe? (this is my third time to splendor since the last3 or4 updates)

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
found bug where whenever i use bargain on splendor that release forsaken, it somehow dupe one of my forsaken (it dupe my undead demon knight for this case). if didn't sacrifice one of them the game will lock itself after battle.

View attachment 3725908
I haven't been able to replicate this bug. If anybody can send me a save where it happens, I'd appreciate it.
Got this bug when trying to deploy demon knight, other forsaken work. Any ideas on how to fix?

View attachment 3726712
Same for this one. Can you verify that this is happening on R54b (can be downloaded from my Blogspot or SubscribeStar)?
You'll get some EE from letting Truth's MOR break. It's a Core and Puppeteer still has her MOR T2 unbroken. Is that enough to get you some combination of Networked Consciousness/Passion release? Those are really helpful for building long surrounds.

Otherwise, I'd restart.

Thanks! I'll probably get back to working on it some this week. I just finished up a lovely vacation so I've still got a lot of other things to do to catch up around the house.

I got somewhat lucky in the team that was randomly selected--the many pre-broken traits allowed me to show off a lot of gameplay features in the beginning.
Nice to see this moving again. As an aside, if there really was a bug with the relationship scene, let me know. (I suppose I could just download the saves.sav and follow the entire step-by-step playthrough, but it might make more sense to get a save right before the bug.)
Are there any gameplay benefits to giving a chosen the lilim egg? Also, is there any more flavor stuff after the lilim egg besides one interaction when being force orgasmed by the forsaken who gave them it and one reaction when slimed?
Like all random vignettes, it's purely a flavor thing, although it does have effects in custom sex scenes.

Phew, that's quite a loop. I might take a stab at it after I'm done with the current playtest I'm doing for the Despair Distortion.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
what all this tells me is "you are not getting past 10 unless you plan and you have luck" ;_;
I think I have never gotten the hardworking publicist one in... 30 loops maybe? (this is my third time to splendor since the last3 or4 updates)
I can't disagree with your assessment to be honest. Currently reaching high loops, especially taking on Splendor first, requires a pretty high level of knowledge about how to build Forsaken in such a way that they slice right through Damage Reduction. When I competed for highest loop, I knew I needed to start with Hardworking Publicist for my strategy to work, and since I was allowed to use one custom Chosen to start, I did so.

And, even with all the knowledge I have, I'm still not sure how to beat any mixed team containing a Devil and an Angel in them, to the point where I haven't even tried to do so yet. Maybe some of the new items might help? Not sure as I've been spending this update working on the Play and Learn Walkthrough.

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021

Actually Tempted forsaken were changed in last update. They no longer decrease motivation cost, instead they increase plea and expo damage by motivation amount. Also now undead chosen restore 1% in both motivation and stamina per trauma level, so with enough hostility they should make a loop 10 splendor more viable. There is also more incentive to do splendor first now since by triggering meglomaniac on both Splendor and Victory you can remove two of her debuffs.

Also imo inju/expo is better for over all damage. Especially since you can usually get level 3 expo on the second chosen(Unless she is core expo)+ can deal more damage with inju. Not to mention the fact you open yourself up to getting both Inju and Expo defiler on a chosen with that forsaken. Inju also helps in getting an easy temptation.

Yeah past loop 10 it definitely needs more planning and sometimes luck, especially when it comes to forsakens. You can custom add a chosen with the required personality in your next playthrough. Inju/expo is one of the best combat style since it increases damage to both the target chosen and her partners which is usually better. For Meglomaniacs I use Decisive(Hate/Plea/Inju), with maneuver you can pretty much break any one chosen guaranteed which appears second/third.

Also Notorious Publicist isn't that rare atleast from my experience. You should have atleast one. I usually custom add a Hardworking publicist and then wait for an undead with Notorious publicist. If a non undead shows up with that trait instead, I change around my bait to get the right one to be undead. Though pre broken vulnerabilities can mess up stuff.

Omicronzeta

Nov 14, 2017
Well after after reading the affects of the new Despair Distortion I am sad to say it is not something used in my Perfect Run at least not until the angel achievement is maxed, at which point it might not be even possible.

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
If a non undead shows up with that trait instead, I change around my bait to get the right one to be undead
I thought bait just made someone from the next lineup to be family and receive extra damage.
Does bait do something else too?

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
Phew, that's quite a loop. I might take a stab at it after I'm done with the current playtest I'm doing for the Despair Distortion.
btw the animalistic one also has a bug

when the fight finish and you are hitting continue, to see downtime, there appears a "continue"without it giving you any information . sometimes it loops forever (I didnt try to replicate it, so this time Im reporting it from memory)
its funny that you consider it " quite a loop" because I got perfect capture in all 10 loops including Splendor
then it threw me a curve ball with "here, 2 devils in a platter have fun"
my last 2 loops I restarted because I wasnt beating the devils, I thought I needed some extra strategy training my forsaken and still it wasnt enought

I hate fighting animalistics with all my core of behind

btw I had a tempted undead forsaken. Dictum
Its just that she already was doing 1000 % pleasure and I didnt bother getting her tempting defiler
looks like getting a temtpting forsaken to do other damage than pleasure is just a better idea.
She also doenst have the extra trauma damage from publicist

Last edited:

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Actually Tempted forsaken were changed in last update. They no longer decrease motivation cost, instead they increase plea and expo damage by motivation amount. Also now undead chosen restore 1% in both motivation and stamina per trauma level, so with enough hostility they should make a loop 10 splendor more viable. There is also more incentive to do splendor first now since by triggering meglomaniac on both Splendor and Victory you can remove two of her debuffs.
I thought I remembered reading something about that. All my CS time is going to the Play and Learn until next update, and I'm not playing nearly so much right now due to having a lot more going on. Maybe next month will be different and I'll get to challenge higher loops.

Also imo inju/expo is better for over all damage. Especially since you can usually get level 3 expo on the second chosen(Unless she is core expo)+ can deal more damage with inju. Not to mention the fact you open yourself up to getting both Inju and Expo defiler on a chosen with that forsaken. Inju also helps in getting an easy temptation.
I can see how that would work, actually. Maybe I'll try something along those lines next time I play with Forsaken. What cost do you target? Somewhere in the low teens? I target 4EE for my EXPO/PLEA switcher.

Last edited:

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
Question : Does anyone know what happens if you have a "powerful harvester =-789% to drain" and all of it adds to 1000% ? (for example with your achievements ) does that mean you can drain somebody inmediatelly? can you break a level 4 vulnerability without getting to 100 million damage?

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
I thought bait just made someone from the next lineup to be family and receive extra damage.
Does bait do something else too?
It does do that. But due to the way the chosen "show up" and how relationship are decided, you can switch around the species of chosen(The personalities remain the same). The species chosen will always come last (The priority of who arrives last is Devil>Animalistic>Undead>Superior>Normal>Angel I believe). But the chosen with relationship also always arrive last. The relationship is decided based on chosen/forsaken personalities, so certain chosen can't arrive last because they can't have a relationship with your bait forsaken, which means the "order" of arrival will switch leading to switching of species as well.

I may have made it more complicated than it should be, just try setting up different baits and see the change in order of arrival. Make sure that the "different" bait forsaken have different personalities when you change them.

3.80 star(s) 54 Votes