dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
Could someone post/make an up-to-date tutorial/walkthough to get through the first 20 days? I always feel like such a noob when trying to play this. The naming scheme of resources is doing me no favors, too.

Last edited:

zertyx23

Jan 16, 2020
Am i stupid. I literally cant get close to the damages required to break anything. EE is a trickle and I feel like I'm missing a basic mechanic of the game or something because I get my shit stomped before I get a single break so the game feels like this bland struggle for next to no reward I don't think I got anything close to a sex scene maybe some Echi stuff.
A sensation a lot of players have in the beginning. A Guide helped me a lot.

Reactions: Kalloi

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
For those interested, there is as Portrait-Mod with original artwork by Kalloi. I think it is way better than the vanilla stuff.

Portrait-Mod
Thank you for the compliment! Everyone has their own preferences so I appreciate you trying out my portrait pack! :D I'm working on a update that includes 4 new chosen designs, male variants of the current designs, and a new outfit w/ variants for forsaken in their civilian form. It should be finished either the end of this week or the week after so look forward to it! Oh and one of the new chosen designs is my current profile picture so consider it a preview of what's to come ^^

Reactions: Heml0ck

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Could someone post/make an up-to-date tutorial/walkthough to get through the first 20 days? I always feel like such a noob when trying to play this. The naming scheme of resources is doing me no favors, too.
I was planning on doing a 50 day walkthrough with the commentary system in the game but working on my image pack doesn't leave me a lot of time lol. But a 20 day walkthrough doesn't seem like it would take much time. I'll post one on here either today or tommorow. It should be helpful for some general tips and getting used to gameflow. . . At least I hope so haha.

PepperMan

Dec 7, 2020
Yo, I saw there was a mention of increasing UI size. Has there been progress on the elements other than in-game text? Being nearsighted with somewhad old glasses I gotta I have to shove face right up to the screen to read the buttons and their popups on a 4k monitor.

Attached file: A screenshot of my desktop and CS in its natural launch size.

Reactions: dusty stu

kiberkiller

Nov 6, 2017
There's really no way to run this without installing Java? I'm not sure about the specifics but Lilith's Throne is also made in Java but it doesn't make you install it.

shadowcom

Apr 15, 2020
Finally, I managed to consistently beat chosen, but now the problem with forsaken arrived. Is there any simpler tutorial for them? I don't know if I overcomplicate things, or it's just that hard but reading forsakens tutorial gives me a headache.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Finally, I managed to consistently beat chosen, but now the problem with forsaken arrived. Is there any simpler tutorial for them? I don't know if I overcomplicate things, or it's just that hard but reading forsakens tutorial gives me a headache.
Can you be more specific what you're confused about? I or someone else will be happy to help but if we don't know what you are having trouble with we can't do much

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Yo, I saw there was a mention of increasing UI size. Has there been progress on the elements other than in-game text? Being nearsighted with somewhad old glasses I gotta I have to shove face right up to the screen to read the buttons and their popups on a 4k monitor.

The Highest Text Size is 24 iirc I haven't heard much talk about a UI size increase, if you'd like you can ask on CSDev's blog or their subscribestar and they should reply sooner than on here

Xer0s

Aug 5, 2018
My game constantly freezes up after the final battle (using Imago quickening), I also used an old save if that matters. I can't exit it without using task manager.
Here's a screenshot if it helps:
Screenshot 2022-01-02 174949.png

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018

++++++++1

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
My game constantly freezes up after the final battle (using Imago quickening), I also used an old save if that matters. I can't exit it without using task manager.
Here's a screenshot if it helps:
View attachment 1576702
I’ve been having similar problems with my game freezing while training my forsaken, and thank you for the screenshot for confirmation of how it looks as well! If you can post your save here as well that would also be incredibly helpful I can try to make a post on their blog and try to message CSDev on subscribestar as well

Reactions: Xer0s

killjoy40k

Dec 10, 2018
This.

Additionally, if you want to test stuff, try your understanding, learn, and play without being too punished for errors, I recommend savescumming and cheat mode.
I've finished multiple runs to day 50 but I don't see the cheat menu am I blind?

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I've finished multiple runs to day 50 but I don't see the cheat menu am I blind?
It should be in you Difficultly settings, once you change things to “Easy” it should be an option next to everything else when you load a save i haven’t used the cheat mode in campaign mode yet since It’s only be recently been added This update

Xer0s

Aug 5, 2018
I’ve been having similar problems with my game freezing while training my forsaken, and thank you for the screenshot for confirmation of how it looks as well! If you can post your save here as well that would also be incredibly helpful I can try to make a post on their blog and try to message CSDev on subscribestar as well
here you go, thanks for replying so quickly

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
here you go, thanks for replying so quickly
No worries I'm happy to help! And ty for uploading your save as well! :D And CSDev did message during this time, It was before you posted your save but they said your problems might be similar to mine, coding-wise. I will still let them you know you uploaded your save so they can confirm their suspicions but know CSDev is working on it as we speak, They also are working on this month's update simultaneously so it may be a little bit until they can properly fix it since it seems to be a particularly time-consuming bug to find and fix, But you don't have to worry about your giving up your save!

Reactions: Xer0s

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Okie! It's not a 20 Day Walkthrough yet but its a proper 13 Day walkthrough up to my first major victory over the chosen. Where I detail each turn I do as well as each Day and my thought process behind them. This includes some general, beginner tips. Also attached is the Save that should look exactly like yours at Day 14 if you follow my directions verbatim. I couldn't use the commentary system as I'd Like to so instead the guide is on a note pad file attached to this. So the folder has my Save, The Guide, And my Team for you to import.

To start, just put my team (the .par file) in your game folder and import them into the game! From there just follow along my guide and you will reach the same place I am at. I hope it helps! I wanted to do up to Day 20 but I spent the entire Day working on this and I need to get back to drawing for my image pack so I will try to get to Day 20 by the end of the week haha.

I hope it helps! And if you or anyone is confused in the guide at all I will do my best to explain! :D

killjoy40k

Dec 10, 2018
It should be in you Difficultly settings, once you change things to “Easy” it should be an option next to everything else when you load a save i haven’t used the cheat mode in campaign mode yet since It’s only be recently been added This update
I see what the issue was I was doing campaign

Xer0s

Aug 5, 2018
No worries I'm happy to help! And ty for uploading your save as well! :D And CSDev did message during this time, It was before you posted your save but they said your problems might be similar to mine, coding-wise. I will still let them you know you uploaded your save so they can confirm their suspicions but know CSDev is working on it as we speak, They also are working on this month's update simultaneously so it may be a little bit until they can properly fix it since it seems to be a particularly time-consuming bug to find and fix, But you don't have to worry about your giving up your save!
alright, awesome. thanks again

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes