Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Are superior chosen a majorly different ball game from the joe schmoe ones, for the most part?
I would say so, not only in terms of fighting against them, but also when they become forsaken. Superior Chosen have higher resistances to damage and their t3 actions like slaughter or striptease are more powerful than the normal chosen versions. The same can be said for when they become forsaken with them doing 50% damage increase across the board. And this stacks with the tempted chosen multiplier so you can make a really powerful forsaken if you play your cards right

Reactions: Belgaz

Belgaz

Jul 18, 2021
I would say so, not only in terms of fighting against them, but also when they become forsaken. Superior Chosen have higher resistances to damage and their t3 actions like slaughter or striptease are more powerful than the normal chosen versions. The same can be said for when they become forsaken with them doing 50% damage increase across the board. And this stacks with the tempted chosen multiplier so you can make a really powerful forsaken if you play your cards right
oh, i didnt know all that, thanks for the added details!

Reactions: Kalloi

targetaquired

Mar 22, 2020
The save function is not working for me. The game doesn't throw an error when I try to save, but no save file appears in the game directory and no load slot appears when I try to load it.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
The save function is not working for me. The game doesn't throw an error when I try to save, but no save file appears in the game directory and no load slot appears when I try to load it.
That’s really awful to hear that, Um, is it only for a single run or a campaign run? Or is it all of them? Also are you using a Mac or PC?

picobyte

Oct 20, 2017
I had no problem saving in campaign mode (Linux). Also exporting a character did resulted in a .ros file. started with openjdk v. 1.8.0_292:
java -jar 'Corrupted Saviors.jar'

Belgaz

Jul 18, 2021
Does the "Eager Partner" status on my forsaken get swapped out for something else if i go above 40% Obd? cause if not, thats unfortunate, but i wanna know.

targetaquired

Mar 22, 2020
That’s really awful to hear that, Um, is it only for a single run or a campaign run? Or is it all of them? Also are you using a Mac or PC?
It's for both game modes and I'm using a PC.
Tried running the game as an administrator and both files (exe and jar).

Maybe it has something to do with my JRE, but I didn't try updating it yet.

Aquilez

Jun 26, 2019
Wow this game really has gone a long way. Honestly, I expected the game to die or the dev to abandon the project. I'm glad he's invested because I love games like this and I need more games like Eratohok.

Keep up the great work!

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
It's for both game modes and I'm using a PC.
Tried running the game as an administrator and both files (exe and jar).

Maybe it has something to do with my JRE, but I didn't try updating it yet.
That might be the case as I don’t think I’ve ever had problems with saving in any of the releases and picobyte isn’t having any problems on Linux.
Either way if the problem still exists after updating reply here again and I’ll see if I can message CSDev on their subscribestar I hope things go well!

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Can someone explain to me when they use their forsakens ? I don't know when I should train them or use them.
They have the most usefulness in campaign mode, as you go through the loops with stricter requirements in each loop they become almost essential since you can use them early game instead of a commander you need to sink time into the EE and unlocking the upgrades It’s good to have a variety of forsaken saved for different situations, early game Forsaken for the beginning with t1-T2 breaks
And some mid-late game forsaken for some of the harder matchups, especially against superior chosen.

that being said, how viable it is to use a commander or a forsaken is relative to the situation you currently are in.

when you should train also depends on the situation, sometimes if you do a massive amount of damage in one battle it can be one or two days before all that angst properly builds in them. And those days can be potentially wasted attacking them if you already reached your goal for them like breaking a T2 or T1. That’s typically when I use those days for training instead, either to make them stronger or restore motivation.

Let me know if you have any more questions and I hope this helps! :D

killjoy40k

Dec 10, 2018
Am i stupid. I literally cant get close to the damages required to break anything. EE is a trickle and I feel like I'm missing a basic mechanic of the game or something because I get my shit stomped before I get a single break so the game feels like this bland struggle for next to no reward I don't think I got anything close to a sex scene maybe some Echi stuff.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Am i stupid. I literally cant get close to the damages required to break anything. EE is a trickle and I feel like I'm missing a basic mechanic of the game or something because I get my shit stomped before I get a single break so the game feels like this bland struggle for next to no reward I don't think I got anything close to a sex scene maybe some Echi stuff.
There's a couple of more in-depth explanations already on here to help with beginners, but some personal tips that help me a lot in the beginning is these sorts of things.

1. Use and experiment with different commanders and don't try the more difficult things like breaking core t1's unless you have a proper plan in place.

2. Try to conserve your EE unless you have a good plan you want to work towards like causing a rivalry or a specific t2 break.

3. Pay attention to the minor vulnerabilities on your chosen and use them to as a starting point to getting some good damage. Ie. A chosen with a minor vulnerability in Confidence is very weak to INJU damage so try to raise that first and then plan from there. otherwise if they have a difficult vulnerability to exploit, target a weaker chosen first before you go to your main target.

4. Use your commander at the start of the battle and get some decent damage on a chosen before the battle start, prioritize either HATE or INJU in the beginning to begin raising damage properly.

5. Networked Consciousness is an incredible upgrade and I personally aim to unlock that first in any run.

And I would recommend going through the full 50 day run even if you know you will lose since completing a run unlocks easy mode/cheats. And playing in a cheat mode is a good way to learn the game mechanics since you can start with everything unlocked and unlimited EE.

If you'd like you can also post your team here and someone can give more specific tips as well.

Overall I hope this helps a little bit and you have fun with the game! :D

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
Can someone explain to me when they use their forsakens ? I don't know when I should train them or use them.
hard to say, they are basically a different commander from the normal and the specialized ones so if they don't line with your style, they are not really useful.

However, if we talk about their strength, they are reusable in the same battle, you can train them to increase their damage, and they have special traits that increase their damage (currently only tempted and superior chosen give traits). They do this before even before unlocking any upgrade for the commanders.

Now, if we talk about the meta in forsaken, because there are only 2 traits, a superior chosen temped is best ones currently. You get a lot of damage (pleasure and expo) for the cost. mind you, they tend to fall off, but they are really good to start off.

if you specialized commander, you tend to adapt faster to forsaken.

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
There's a couple of more in-depth explanations already on here to help with beginners, but some personal tips that help me a lot in the beginning is these sorts of things.

1. Use and experiment with different commanders and don't try the more difficult things like breaking core t1's unless you have a proper plan in place.

2. Try to conserve your EE unless you have a good plan you want to work towards like causing a rivalry or a specific t2 break.

3. Pay attention to the minor vulnerabilities on your chosen and use them to as a starting point to getting some good damage. Ie. A chosen with a minor vulnerability in Confidence is very weak to INJU damage so try to raise that first and then plan from there. otherwise if they have a difficult vulnerability to exploit, target a weaker chosen first before you go to your main target.

4. Use your commander at the start of the battle and get some decent damage on a chosen before the battle start, prioritize either HATE or INJU in the beginning to begin raising damage properly.

5. Networked Consciousness is an incredible upgrade and I personally aim to unlock that first in any run.

And I would recommend going through the full 50 day run even if you know you will lose since completing a run unlocks easy mode/cheats. And playing in a cheat mode is a good way to learn the game mechanics since you can start with everything unlocked and unlimited EE.

If you'd like you can also post your team here and someone can give more specific tips as well.

Overall I hope this helps a little bit and you have fun with the game! :D
This.

Additionally, if you want to test stuff, try your understanding, learn, and play without being too punished for errors, I recommend savescumming and cheat mode.

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes