Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
There's an EE-gain to ditching Forsaken? Though I've never forsaken a Forsaken in campaign, so I guess it makes sense that I've never noticed.

Well, if there are diminishing returns (I'm assuming it's a static number), maybe a multiplier for total Expertise, or something like that?
Its like 1 for ditching first one and then you need ditch like three more for another 1 EE more so you start with 2 EE lol. Its really not worth it besides the first one i guess

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
Its like 1 for ditching first one and then you need ditch like three more for another 1 EE more so you start with 2 EE lol. Its really not worth it besides the first one i guess
Depends. I keep chosen with distortions but get rid of those I know I will not use for anything. After 3-4 runs you will probably have more than enough, and then start grabbing superior ones.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Ohhh, I figured you meant "diminishing returns" as in it's a (small) static number that becomes more or less irrelevant as the bigger numbers start flowing in. Well then, yeah, that's... not great. I definitely expected a bigger number, too.

Trashey69

Mar 25, 2019
Here it is! One thing to note is that with making them with the campaign mode chosen maker is that I'm only able to export them as a campaign mode team/save so it will be in campaign mode when you import them to the game but other than that they will show up in the same order and have the same pattern so you will be able to follow the guide fully! :D
Sorry to necro this topic, but am I missing something? Can't seem to get it to load, not as a roster or team or what have you.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Sorry to necro this topic, but am I missing something? Can't seem to get it to load, not as a roster or team or what have you.
hmm, I just double checked it on my end and it seems like everything is working properly (current version- 34c)

It's a team file so all you should have to do is pick "import" in the main menu and it should show up, and once you pick it, the game will load the team in the last save slot.

If there's still a problem, send a screenshot or explain what you're doing specifically and I'll do my best to help out!

Aklackadaka

Feb 9, 2020
I'm struggling to figure out what to do with the Forsaken. What sort of Forsaken would be the most effective? What should you do for the Forsaken's training? What are you aiming for? I've read the guides, but I'm still wondering these things.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm struggling to figure out what to do with the Forsaken. What sort of Forsaken would be the most effective? What should you do for the Forsaken's training? What are you aiming for? I've read the guides, but I'm still wondering these things.
I found that in loop 2 it was pretty good to have one with low single-digit costs (high disgrace) to speed through the early game, that deals a single kind of damage. Because Forsaken capture for so long and repeatedly, you can extend early fights quite a bit and get all 3 Chosen out there generating EE quickly, since this is a function of how many turns combat lasts.

I also kept a low Disgrace one around and put her in all the Positions that allow them to do level 4 breaks. Currently I have one that does:
Harbinger: Charming Breeder (+41.0% victim max Motivation)
Harbinger: Adaptive Hypnotist (+0.082 own Expertise gain multiplier per Hypnosis)
Harbinger: Timid Harvester (-32% victim Obedience)
Harbinger: Hardworking Publicist (+820% victim trauma damage as Forsaken)

Now, she costs 287 EE, but she's not supposed to be used repeatedly--she can just be used twice in a loop to break lvl 4s in the proper order.

Beyond that, I don't really know, as this is my first time trying out the Loops.

Reactions: Kalloi

Aklackadaka

Feb 9, 2020
I found that in loop 2 it was pretty good to have one with low single-digit costs (high disgrace) to speed through the early game, that deals a single kind of damage. Because Forsaken capture for so long and repeatedly, you can extend early fights quite a bit and get all 3 Chosen out there generating EE quickly, since this is a function of how many turns combat lasts.

I also kept a low Disgrace one around and put her in all the Positions that allow them to do level 4 breaks. Currently I have one that does:
Harbinger: Charming Breeder (+41.0% victim max Motivation)
Harbinger: Adaptive Hypnotist (+0.082 own Expertise gain multiplier per Hypnosis)
Harbinger: Timid Harvester (-32% victim Obedience)
Harbinger: Hardworking Publicist (+820% victim trauma damage as Forsaken)

Now, she costs 287 EE, but she's not supposed to be used repeatedly--she can just be used twice in a loop to break lvl 4s in the proper order.

Beyond that, I don't really know, as this is my first time trying out the Loops.
I don't get what the positions are meant to do. Is the "victim" the one being captured during combat?

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
1666885162873.png
Currently I have Triumph and Cheer as rivals.
Is there any way to make the others rivals with eachother or am I screwed?
The breaks they had on generation made it a bit difficult.

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
I guess I can break paladins confidence because it's only broken on triumphs significant? Not sure. Don't think there's any way for me to make Paladin and Cheer rivals though. Not sure.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
So your Forsaken in the harvester role is making it so that the victim will have lower obedience if she is made into a Forsaken?
Correct, assuming Harbinger does a t4 CON break ("Drain") to that forsaken. This plus the circumstance damage modifier means that she is really good at making powerful low-cost (high Disgrace) Forsaken that can be sent out repeatedly in the early game without worrying too much about Stamina. This, in turn, means that I will be able to get all 3 Chosen out into the field earlier, and, hopefully, start getting into higher tier EE generation on those that start with some Breaks already.

Arachnofiend

Jul 22, 2017
Is this save unsalvageable? I got up to loop 4 in preparation for the new content but struggling to crack this group. I'm getting breaks, obviously, but I just can't generate enough trauma to get any EE out of them.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
hey dev, just to clarify: wasn't saying that to downplay how important this current update is, update 34 definitely propped this game up where it was sorely needed for people, just very curious what this evolves into from here, i really do hope you enjoy creating it. :)
Don't worry, I still am very much enjoying it!
On the latest build, getting a crash due to Forsaken training at end of day. Don't know if 34c was meant to fix this.
Thanks for catching this. It's a different but related bug, and it'll be fixed in release 35.
View attachment 2128128
Currently I have Triumph and Cheer as rivals.
Is there any way to make the others rivals with eachother or am I screwed?
The breaks they had on generation made it a bit difficult.
You can still make them all rivals, though just barely. Paladin and Cheer have core/minor matchups on both Innocence and Confidence, and the first two Core Innocence scenes for Cheer are guaranteed to be friendly because of Paladin's breaks. But there are still six other chances for negative scenes between them (the remaining two Innocence ones, and all four Confidence ones). Paladin and Triumph will be more difficult because they have only one matchup, but as long as Paladin's T3 and T4 Morality breaks come before Triumph's, the tiebreaker is decided in favor of the higher-tier scenes, so they'll still end up rivals at the very end.
Is this save unsalvageable? I got up to loop 4 in preparation for the new content but struggling to crack this group. I'm getting breaks, obviously, but I just can't generate enough trauma to get any EE out of them.
This save isn't in a great situation, but it's definitely salvageable. I played through it just now (while checking to make sure that save compatibility was working), and I managed to make some progress. The key is to set Tyrant aside for the time being and focus on getting Fortune and Cheer to the next tier of EE generation. I did it by refunding your commander, buying Hunger and Versatility, and then spending the day on training (my personal recommendation would be to start working on Prayer's Disgrace so that she can be used earlier in the loop). Then, that gave me just enough EE to buy a HATE/EXPO Suppressor Commander with all available duration upgrades and one extra capture. I put Fortune and Cheer into a Force Laughter+ action, but you might end up getting better results with one of the Defilers that deals PLEA as well. In any case, as long as Fortune and cheer get a few million trauma between them, they'll start doing the +5 EE actions (in my case, they only started doing it the day after, because the ANGST needed to accumulate). Then, with your daily EE doubled from +6 to +12, you should be able to save up for a few more days and create a three-capture Commander that can get Tyrant into an orgy.

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
The Forsaken system is still pretty confusing, working on figuring it out, but I was wondering. In future loops of the game, do you get a lot more EE than the first loop? The first Forsaken I got is at a cost of 165 EE to use, so that's pretty impossible to imagine being able to use really almost ever except for the very end of the game. Also still trying to figure out the whole forsaken punisher/job/class thing you can assign them to. I know at high corruption values they become weaker but much cheaper to use, however I really like what my Forsaken is like personality wise and everything and I don't really want to mess them up since you can't really undo corruption at all. Makes me kind of terrified of making changes, especially since I don't really know what the hell I'm doing.

Reactions: Doctor Shark
Apr 1, 2021
There is a lot of math involved in this game and most of it is exponential and multiplicative in nature which means that small mistakes early on can snowball into huge roadblocks later down the line. Trying to do a completely legit run without any value manipulation has a super small margin of error and is thus very challenging especially in campaign mode where each loop you do demands a higher performance from each previous loop to be sustainable.

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
There is a lot of math involved in this game and most of it is exponential and multiplicative in nature which means that small mistakes early on can snowball into huge roadblocks later down the line. Trying to do a completely legit run without any value manipulation has a super small margin of error and is thus very challenging especially in campaign mode where each loop you do demands a higher performance from each previous loop to be sustainable.
I've never really been good at math. I'm able to win the first run in a campaign, but I've never really tried to go further as it's a bit intimidating, although I suppose there's nothing to lose in trying it.

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
The true math is bashing your head against the wall and save scumming till it works.

3.80 star(s) 52 Votes