Mage4

Nov 4, 2017
Just curious since this would probably be one of the more interesting things I have seen in a long time as a programmer, what happens when the actions do actually happen, some massive onslaught? Does it have any further effects after they trigger like turns not going by anymore or the entire battle no longer ending even under the conditions for it?

I didn't see a comment from before this across a few pages going all the way into the later part of the comments leading up to 38b being released.
You know, for example if you surround at Round 4, then pummel at round 5, then Round 5 gets processed with only pummel in effect? With the first bug in my save, if you press pummel at round 5, the button gets pressed but does nothing. Press grind/humiliate/caress and it also does nothing. Then if you Capture another chosen, then the Round 5 will be processed but with the surrounded chosen will be treated as having all four surrounded actions ongoing. So the variable is being set, but I think GoToRoundProcessingStage or some function like that is not being called in some specific instance.

Reactions: alex2011
Oct 11, 2021
I am so confused with this game. I don't really understand anything. Feels like it's impossible to get anywhere so here are some questions. I tried to find any info on these but the game doesn't tell me and I think that there is no guide online.

1. What does it mean when it says "1% trauma required to do worse stuff" (<- something like that anyways). What is trauma exactly and what does the game mean when it says 1% trauma required??

2. What does the info -> chosen -> approach do? I found that more or less by accident and I figured that you can use that to fuck them in different bodies but everything just catapults hatred up and at 10k they leave... What's the point or what do I need to look out for to make use of this? Does it even affect anything in the game or what is it there for?

3. What does the corruption progress tell me exactly? I have MOR, INN, CON, DIG which I assume are corresponding to hatred, disgust, pleasure etc. But then there is +2, T1, T2, T3, T4 and some have an X in the brackets and some don't even though I just started this playthrough. No idea what it's supposed to mean or how to get X's in there if that's what I'm supposed to do.

4. I read a few of the missions which I assume work like a tutorial?! It says that I need to get the girls injury up to 10k but I can't get even remotely close. Even with a strong commander I end up around 5k before I get kicked out by the others. The fact that it's 3 of them is really annoying. Basically as soon as all of them are there I have no chance of staying there for more than 1-2 rounds which means I can't deliver any more damage to them either

5. What does damage mean anyway? Vulnerabilities tell me that I need to get to 10k damage but what does that mean? Is it overall points in all aspects (PAIN, DISGUST, etc) or is it just injury, or something else entirely? What is damage?

I have a lot more questions but I feel like if these are explained I can try and grasp the rest myself

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
i am not mechanically good at this game so anyone with better understanding feel free to elaborate.
1. What does it mean when it says "1% trauma required to do worse stuff" (<- something like that anyways). What is trauma exactly and what does the game mean when it says 1% trauma required??
Trauma is what you inflict when you use 4 basic options (threaten, slime, attack, taunt) ignoring precise percentage - with Trauma being accumulated on girls - they start use more extreme methods to vent their stress leading to you getting more Evil Energy from their actions. you have seen their normal after combat actions by now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2. What does the info -> chosen -> approach do? I found that more or less by accident and I figured that you can use that to fuck them in different bodies but everything just catapults hatred up and at 10k they leave... What's the point or what do I need to look out for to make use of this? Does it even affect anything in the game or what is it there for?
To have any success there you need to thoroughly corrupt the chosen that you want to have some fun with (failure there have no effect on the main game so feel free to experiment). Also this interaction is used in Distortion corruptions (specific corruption paths that restrict the way you have to break the chosen in, but you do not need to worry about those for now).

3. What does the corruption progress tell me exactly? I have MOR, INN, CON, DIG which I assume are corresponding to hatred, disgust, pleasure etc. But then there is +2, T1, T2, T3, T4 and some have an X in the brackets and some don't even though I just started this playthrough. No idea what it's supposed to mean or how to get X's in there if that's what I'm supposed to do.
MOR INN CON DIG are 4 personality traits of each girl . Morality, Innocence, Confidence, Dignity. they are also marked with Core Significant(sig) or Minor(min) status. you always get 2 girls with a single core trait and one with 2 core traits and there is always a Core for each personality trait. (so basically if 2 first chosen you got have let's say MOR core on 1st and INN Core on 2nd - you can clearly say that last one will have dual CON DIG core).

So - to corrupt a chosen you need to break their Vulnerabilities (+2 T1 T2 T3 T4) in each personality trait. +2 only exist in a core trait, and you can say symbolizes first crack in their core personality. breaking it gives you +2 EE. For the rest - order of breaking the vulnerabilities will determine the relationships of the chosen.

It works in a following way. Let's say Chosen 1 have MOR (core). And Chosen 2 have MOR (min). If you break Chosen's 1 MOR Core b4 you break Chosen's2 MOR Minor - relationships between Chosen 1 and 2 will deteriorate. Conversely if you break Chosen 2 MOR minor prior to breaking Chosen 1 MOR core - They will become closer friends. Relationship determine how fast backup arrives in battle and affect how final battle plays out. Additionally Making their relationships worse pays better (in EE) than making them friends.

[X] symbolizes broken vulnerability and some chosen start with some of their Minor Vulnerabilities pre-broken so to make it harder on the player, since it means that this Chosen by default will initially get friendly with someone who have the same Core as pre-broken Minor.

Lastly Significant(sig) Vulnerability is neutral and does not affect gameplay much aside from bonuses for breaking it - so there is no need to specifically pay attention to it and you can break it as you have a chance.

4. I read a few of the missions which I assume work like a tutorial?! It says that I need to get the girls injury up to 10k but I can't get even remotely close. Even with a strong commander I end up around 5k before I get kicked out by the others. The fact that it's 3 of them is really annoying. Basically as soon as all of them are there I have no chance of staying there for more than 1-2 rounds which means I can't deliver any more damage to them either
You need to learn to use basic commander. You do not need any upgrades that do some kind of specific damage, those will be needed late game. Early game you usually want to rush 4 turn 2 capture basic commander and learn to play it while efficently juggling surrounds and damage inflicted. it should be enough to force those T2 Breaks. I am not going to explain each Surround action and correlation, smarter people can do it (Or you can go read Guide txt in game folder)

For biggest hint that was game-breaker for me personally. Learn to understand extermination/evacuation gauge.
1) Mission will not end when someone is still surrounded,
2) If got surrounded prior to timer reaching 100% - you will have another chance to capture them after they get out of surround.
Basically you need to learn setuping short surrounds that let you extend the mission even after extermination finished so that you can repeatedly surround one heavily damaged Chosen.

5. What does damage mean anyway? Vulnerabilities tell me that I need to get to 10k damage but what does that mean? Is it overall points in all aspects (PAIN, DISGUST, etc) or is it just injury, or something else entirely? What is damage?
There is damage (it's what you dealing with basic actions Fear Disgust Pain Shame) and there is Circumstance damage (is what you do when girls are surrounded)
When game asks you for 10K - it wants 10k of circumstance damage. you cant miss it as you will get an opportunity to preform "Yellow" actions that will act as breaker for t2 Vulnerability.

Ok That's enough for now. Other people can explain certain points better i am sure, so i'll just stop here.

zargal

Aug 5, 2018
1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

I highly recommend reading and following along with the guide.txt in the game folder, the other txt files there will be useful after your first run through. You could look at kalloi's portrait pack, not only are the pics great, there is a handy walkthrough for days 1-12 which steps you through the basics. I also posted a guide/worksheet a while back which may help with terminology. Good luck!

PS Ragsmu beat me to the punch, but I'll still post in case a rewording helps.

Reactions: xanon515x

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
R38c (should be last of the r38)
Also, for some reason this game currently shows up as updated one month ago when using Latest updates for some reason

Crashen

Oct 2, 2017
Well, with the experiment concluded I didn't exactly determine what I set out discover, but I certainly came upon something amazing. But before we go into the juicy details of my "experiment" let's say 2k trauma is most likely not enough to trigger tier 2 sins. Not sure about the 20k range. I'm sure though that lower tier group activities can override/prevent higher tier sins from happening. After a full 3 member group activity I skipped through a battle and the broken-in heroine finally gave in and gave me my juicy 2 EE.

But let's outline set the stage for my experiment our heroines downfall.

It is day 10. No bonus EE collected so far. All the 1-2 cost non-Commander updates are unlocked. Enough EE to get a single 3-turn ambush Commander. 2 EE left over, but nothing we can unlock that will help us further.

These are the Dastardly Damsels I am working against with. Everything randomly generated except for the team's "name". All acquaintances at this point in the game.
Fortune is about to make me her namesake in EE. Not sure if it's possible to get a more vulnerable heroine in this game. The pre-broken Confidence is just an open (back-)door invitation. And the weakness to PLEA is the cherry grapefruit on top the delicious cake lodged deep inside her already gaping ass. Time to cash in!

Ambush on Fortune for 3 turns
Turn 1) INJ sets up every other circumstance
-> Pummel
Turn 2) PLEA is needed to get the traumas high enough for subsequent captures
-> Caress
Turn 3) This one is more tricky: EXPO would give us more options on the others later but HATE will give further bonuses on Fortune now
-> Grind

Turn 4) One turn for a trauma attack until reinforcements arrive. Putting a trauma to 1k for a Lv2 opening will help. But beware: DISG is capped to 1 by the 3 def and any Trauma level increase makes it harder to level the corresponding circumstance. Anyway ...
That the following works is bonkers and absolute overkill. Fortunately that's what this game is all about so here we go:
-> Attack!

Turn 5) Reinforcements arrive but we ignore them for now.
-> Surround (4 turns) on Fortune
Turn 6) We need trauma to make any further surround happen, especially PAIN
-> Pummel
Turn 7) Caress

Turn 8) 2 Turns left we need to prep another heroine. With Morale decreasing trauma and no exposure yet on Fortune hitting on a weakness is imperative.
-> Threaten on Freedom (Slime on Vanilla also works and neither compromises further surrounds on them)
Turn 9) Surround Freedom

Edit: Surrounding Vanilla actually has an impact. On turn 9 the one who isn't surrounded will boost morale thus reducing trauma. Vanilla has the stronger boost (13% vs 7%). This results in a sightly higher trauma. Might be negligible in the grand scheme but Freedom also is even weaker to EXPO making a single turn surround > humiliate last for longer until regenerate kicks it back down.
So (ab-)using Vanilla on turn 8+9 is the better course of action in most cases and absolutely crucial if you want to keep Fortune's minor Innocence intact while getting the final surround off. So many little pieces coming together to create the prefect storm.

Now it is turn 10 on day 10. A poetic time. The extermination is at 192/200 (96%). A freaking miracle just according to my plans. Let's look at Fortune's sorry juicy state:
With her PAIN barely edging (;)) above 10k we are looking at a pre-extermination surround of 9 turns against a measly defense of 5. There's an even longer surround looming ahead. Even with a moderate understanding of the game it's clear we're looking at the possibility of a Defiler action. It's almost no longer about how much we can wring out of her broken body but about what do we not want to break for story/rivalries/friendships etc.
She still has an unbroken minor Innocence Vulnerability. Any use of caress or humiliate at this point will inevitably break it.

Oh hey, both other heroines also still have a surround remaining. We'll need one to bridge Fortune's surrounds, with a turn or two to spare and push a trauma higher (like PAIN above 100k). The other one we can use to get some early exposure in to intensify Fortunes misery. Or save her for when we're done with Fortune. There's enough time to rack up the trauma to get a 4+ turn surround. With the massive Exposure that should be on Fortune by then getting a break in or two should be absolutely possible.

I'll save myself typing out further turns. There's still plenty to puzzle around with the later turns if you don't just want to go all out on Fortune. I've attached the Export and Save files in case anyone wants play around with it.

View attachment 976592
This post/guide changed helped me break through the wall I've been hitting in my loops. I recommend anyone stuck to take a look at this. I would also like to hear of other combos that help you break out of the 3 to 4 EE daily hell cycle.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
This post/guide changed helped me break through the wall I've been hitting in my loops. I recommend anyone stuck to take a look at this. I would also like to hear of other combos that help you break out of the 3 to 4 EE daily hell cycle.
I mainly just focus down one Chosen at a time with a mix of alternating high level commander captures and thrall surrounds until something breaks or a new action opens up while keeping the other two from having free reign if they've appeared by using surrounds. This tends to get me a good income fairly quickly just from the number of breaks on the one Chosen in a single battle and sometimes I get lucky and one of the others gets a break or two from the surrounds keeping them occupied.

Keep in mind this is not taking into account having to stay away from certain vulnerabilities or levels thereof for distortions, this strategy is mainly for total breaks across the board.

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
This is going to be a pretty significant amount of work. I'll need to go through most of the code of the game and manually add the appropriate sex-act-incrementing functions wherever they're applicable. But there will be some resulting benefits for custom sex scenes. It'll no longer be necessary to artificially prevent the Chosen from having sex or experiencing orgasm before the relevant Vulnerabilities have been broken, because sex experience and Vulnerability Break will be stored as separate variables. Furthermore, it'll be possible to add different ways of breaking the same Vulnerability. This will allow for things like Rampancy and Aversion Forsaken who are still virgins, or MILF Chosen who start out as non-virgins but haven't suffered Morality Break. It's one big step toward several of the much-requested features I've seen.
I suppose you meant Negotiation?

(this is from the )

Also, for anyone who didn't read the report: "retry fight" button confirmed
there's one feature which I wanted to add at the start of the month this time just because I was tired of putting it off: a "retry" button for battles and training.

This was a bit tricky, because the amateurish way in which I coded saving and loading for Release 1 didn't fit well within loading directly into other scenes. But I just finished implementing and testing it last night, and it all seems to be working properly.

Kaitol

Jul 29, 2017
I know some people have been using AI to generate art for portraits, but one of the main problems seems to be keeping consistency. I was looking into it a bit because of a future project I'm thinking of, when I stumbled across Playground AI, which has probably the best tools to edit an existing image, at least as far as I'm aware. You can tell it to add or remove specific things and paint the general area you want it to touch. Plus you get 1000 free generations a month, which should be plenty for most people.

If anyone was thinking about making portraits, but was put off by or struggling with how hard it is to get AI to generate different pictures of the same character, I think it could help a lot.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I know some people have been using AI to generate art for portraits, but one of the main problems seems to be keeping consistency. I was looking into it a bit because of a future project I'm thinking of, when I stumbled across Playground AI, which has probably the best tools to edit an existing image, at least as far as I'm aware. You can tell it to add or remove specific things and paint the general area you want it to touch. Plus you get 1000 free generations a month, which should be plenty for most people.

If anyone was thinking about making portraits, but was put off by or struggling with how hard it is to get AI to generate different pictures of the same character, I think it could help a lot.
So, for example, you could take the existing portraits of Fury, which currently only have normal and animalistic Chosen images, and add the features needed for other forms like undead or superior?

Kaitol

Jul 29, 2017
So, for example, you could take the existing portraits of Fury, which currently only have normal and animalistic Chosen images, and add the features needed for other forms like undead or superior?
Quite probably, though it might take some finagling. Changing expressions would be easier, just point it at the face and tell it what you want instead.

hyperk2

Jul 26, 2019
The main thing for me, and why I gave it a try, was that while there are many "different" chosen, the same portraits get used multiple times over. I wanted to try to make the chosen more distinct instead of several of them essentially being the same by virtue of using the same portrait set. It takes a little while, but I think it's definitely doable. Plus, I'm not all that picky, so I thought this level was good enough.
Just for example;

zargal

Aug 5, 2018
Hi everyone, I've updated my Football Manager inspired worksheet. It now includes:
-Space to keep track of Chosen and Forsaken stats. New is the capacity to predict each Chosen's punisher bonuses for all your forward planning needs!
-A bunch of quick reference stuff. The idea being that, having read through the official guides, you can quickly glance at one of the tables for a reminder rather than having to open a text file and find that info again. If there's a discrepancy between sources however, definitely go with the official one.
-The same messy research tree. Personally, this is the thing I find most useful, since it keeps me on track for rushing Network/ whatever.
-Vignette tracker and a personality quiz guide (not 100% accurate- feedback welcome).
-More unsolicited tips of dubious quality from me!
-A late game (slightly edited for illustration purposes) example of how I use it.

As with last time, you can feel free to edit/add/delete stuff as you need. I used to set up autofill for opposing vulnerabilities but I find I don't need to anymore for instance. Google will tell you how to autofill and easily drag stuff around in excel.

Finally, a recommendation from CSDev themself:

This is a very nice tool.
What more can be said?
Hope this helps people get into this superb game!

Reactions: CSdev
Oct 11, 2021
1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

I highly recommend reading and following along with the guide.txt in the game folder, the other txt files there will be useful after your first run through. You could look at kalloi's portrait pack, not only are the pics great, there is a handy walkthrough for days 1-12 which steps you through the basics. I also posted a guide/worksheet a while back which may help with terminology. Good luck!

PS Ragsmu beat me to the punch, but I'll still post in case a rewording helps.
Thanks for the reply. Help for sure but I'm hitting an immense wall rn and I have no clue how to get through it. Whenever there is a T2 circ break I need 10K dmg in that circumstance to break it with the corresponding attack (e.g. force orgasm, inseminate etc) However, it really feels like it's almost impossible to get there, if the element is something the Chosen is strong against. So for example, right now I have the quest of sodomizing a chosen at the element they're strongest against (which is INJ). How am I supposed to get there? Is there a trick I'm overlooking?

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Thanks for the reply. Help for sure but I'm hitting an immense wall rn and I have no clue how to get through it. Whenever there is a T2 circ break I need 10K dmg in that circumstance to break it with the corresponding attack (e.g. force orgasm, inseminate etc) However, it really feels like it's almost impossible to get there, if the element is something the Chosen is strong against. So for example, right now I have the quest of sodomizing a chosen at the element they're strongest against (which is INJ). How am I supposed to get there? Is there a trick I'm overlooking?
Thing you overlooking is the ability to juggle surrounds most likely. Alternatively extremely resistant chosen. Try posting the save if you don't mind and either me(depending on when) or someone else will be able to look at whats going on and give you some proper advice.

Edit: If you want some general advice - Setup EXPO on other chosen to get multipliers for one you are trying to break. Buy Time extension upgrades, so you can force one extra surround. as mentioned - learn to use 4/5 turn 2 Capture commanders. But save would still be preferable

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021
Thing you overlooking is the ability to juggle surrounds most likely. Alternatively extremely resistant chosen. Try posting the save if you don't mind and either me(depending on when) or someone else will be able to look at whats going on and give you some proper advice.

Edit: If you want some general advice - Setup EXPO on other chosen to get multipliers for one you are trying to break. Buy Time extension upgrades, so you can force one extra surround. as mentioned - learn to use 4/5 turn 2 Capture commanders. But save would still be preferable
Here's the save. The newest one should be day 31. I gave up on the campaign for now and just play single player because supposedly it continuous even after you fail the final fight.

I always go for pummel -> Caress -> Grind combos and then maybe Humiliate on the chosen I'm focusing. Maybe the order I'm doing it in is wrong? But this combo is what got the most out of any chosen by FAR. And I'm trying to get Humiliation on every chosen if possible but never above lvl 1. Should I try to get the other chosens on level 2? Seems like it would be way harder since even getting the Chosen I'm focusing on 1k on a specific circumstance isn't easy.

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Here's the save. The newest one should be day 31. I gave up on the campaign for now and just play single player because supposedly it continuous even after you fail the final fight.

I always go for pummel -> Caress -> Grind combos and then maybe Humiliate on the chosen I'm focusing. Maybe the order I'm doing it in is wrong? But this combo is what got the most out of any chosen by FAR. And I'm trying to get Humiliation on every chosen if possible but never above lvl 1. Should I try to get the other chosens on level 2? Seems like it would be way harder since even getting the Chosen I'm focusing on 1k on a specific circumstance isn't easy.

Pummel Cares Grind Combos are ususally good enough, though it can depend on the girl.

Ok i am looking through the save right now. 31 is really late to be just starting breaking t2 cores (and then again you are trying to break t2 significant there - not even core.

Though with as strong commander as you have - it's really easy to break t2 significant. (6 turns with 2 captures is enough)
Start Pariah with P=>C=>G=>H=> nothing. Capture Steadfast as she appears. next turn Surround Pariah. Humiliate her once. that will give you t2 Expo. You have 4 turn left on Steadfast for P=>C=>G=>H. Surround Steadfast again P=>C=>G=>H you have 3 turns of surround left at this point. Slime at Hope. use 1 turn to threaten Pariah. Surround Hope. Surround Steadfast. At this point you should have 14 turn surround. you can go H=>P=>C=>G. after that it's just a question of couple of turns so you can start working On Pariah by increasing her fear Pain and Shame to 10k each. then surround her and that should be enough to break t2 on her in a couple of turns.

That is to what you already have, even less actually as i removed 1 capture.
Technically should be doable with 5/2 but it'll take a bit more time and i am to sleepy right now to experiment.

But Yes, overall advice - learn to juggle surrounds, and setup expos.
will try some more stuff with this save at a later date

Oct 11, 2021
Pummel Cares Grind Combos are ususally good enough, though it can depend on the girl.

Ok i am looking through the save right now. 31 is really late to be just starting breaking t2 cores (and then again you are trying to break t2 significant there - not even core.

Though with as strong commander as you have - it's really easy to break t2 significant. (6 turns with 2 captures is enough)
Start Pariah with P=>C=>G=>H=> nothing. Capture Steadfast as she appears. next turn Surround Pariah. Humiliate her once. that will give you t2 Expo. You have 4 turn left on Steadfast for P=>C=>G=>H. Surround Steadfast again P=>C=>G=>H you have 3 turns of surround left at this point. Slime at Hope. use 1 turn to threaten Pariah. Surround Hope. Surround Steadfast. At this point you should have 14 turn surround. you can go H=>P=>C=>G. after that it's just a question of couple of turns so you can start working On Pariah by increasing her fear Pain and Shame to 10k each. then surround her and that should be enough to break t2 on her in a couple of turns.

That is to what you already have, even less actually as i removed 1 capture.
Technically should be doable with 5/2 but it'll take a bit more time and i am to sleepy right now to experiment.

But Yes, overall advice - learn to juggle surrounds, and setup expos.
will try some more stuff with this save at a later date

WOW thank you, it definitely works but i still don't 100% understand why it worked. Can you explain your train of thought maybe? Like, why Threaten Pariah in the middle even though I kinda focus Steadfast instead, why surround Hope without Humiliating her (why bother? Doesn't give boni does it?), etc. I feel like I don't understand a lot of boni that I could get. How do you figure that out?

Kaitol

Jul 29, 2017
Using the basic attacks to boost a damage up to the next tier for longer surrounds can be useful even late in an encounter, especially if you have the free time and it's the last surround you can do on her, if you can do it in few enough actions.

Never focus on only one girl once you have a two or three capture commander, partly because they'll do stuff to disrupt you, like Distract (some Chosen are better at it than others, I think I've seen up to 42% circ damage reduction? Super annoying), and the more you hit them the easier it is to work on the girl you're aiming at. Subjugation doesn't go up if all three Chosen are captured (though they will start storing power for big hits once freed after evac is complete to stop you stalling forever) so it's always worthwhile to juggle as many of them as you can manage, sometimes just capturing one to stop her doing anything can be the right play, especially since only two girls expo matters.

zargal

Aug 5, 2018
I believe the hope surround was purely to make sure steadfast's fear was counted for the surround lengths (it only counts if other chosen are surrounded). It's a tactic you'll get used to, even when you have the extra round researched, you should never not have at least one chosen surrounded until they're all flying. It changes a little with forsaken but the principle remains.

Good on you for sticking with it, I know those T2's can be frustrating! At some stage, everything does start to just click.

3.80 star(s) 52 Votes