Stroth

Sep 21, 2016
Minor ones are easier to break short-term but will have minor negative effects for you by creating friendships between Chosen if you break the Minor one first.
Friendships, or better, do have some helpful effects as well. If you have two chosen who both have enough circumstance damage to be attacked with the tier two surround attacks (sodomize, broadcast, inseminate, or force orgasm) then if you surround them both and use the same attack it'll give you a multiplier to both their damage in exchange for setting both of their escapes to whichever was lower. If they've got a good relationship with each other it also gives you another damage multiplier to them both, which can really fuckin add up.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Friendships, or better, do have some helpful effects as well. If you have two chosen who both have enough circumstance damage to be attacked with the tier two surround attacks (sodomize, broadcast, inseminate, or force orgasm) then if you surround them both and use the same attack it'll give you a multiplier to both their damage in exchange for setting both of their escapes to whichever was lower. If they've got a good relationship with each other it also gives you another damage multiplier to them both, which can really fuckin add up.
I was aware of a multiplier, but is it really higher if they're friends? Is it like Rivals > Friends > Acquaintances in terms of damage multiplier?

cdcdcd171

Feb 14, 2018
I was aware of a multiplier, but is it really higher if they're friends? Is it like Rivals > Friends > Acquaintances in terms of damage multiplier?
The more extreme the relationship the higher the bonus. Negative Relationships give twice the bonus of good ones per lvl. The max values are 100% for hate and 50% for love if my memory serves me right.

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

Redypsrebyc

Dec 25, 2016
Balance right now seems to be far too much on the knife edge. If you're not setting up massive feedback loops that keep people locked in Surround for a dozen+ turns in a row, you're simply accomplishing nothing.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how that could be effectively addressed; I think it directly emerges from the 'logarithmic' structure of the game, everything hinging on powers of 10 and 2.

Another consequence of this is that any kind of 'themed' play is effectively impossible. I'm not especially comfortable with, and would have liked to forego, the infliction of massive amounts of injury and hatred on opponents; ideally I'd accomplish their defeat by pleasure and exposure and maybe a not-actually-implemented 'submission' parameter. But from what I've seen you cannot afford to neglect any of the four, really, hate and injury least of all; only the general approach is successful, reducing an incentive to play again once you've won.

(And by the same token, the first four 'suppressor' bodies seem like a 'noob trap.' Inflicting only a single type of damage will get you basically nowhere, compared to using the default body to get in a surround and accumulate multiple types.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Princess of Dicks

Sharkie94

May 5, 2020
Jun 23, 2017
(And by the same token, the first four 'suppressor' bodies seem like a 'noob trap.' Inflicting only a single type of damage will get you basically nowhere, compared to using the default body to get in a surround and accumulate multiple types.)
Suppressors aren't even that good at inflicting damage of their own type, as they quickly have diminishing returns due to the penalty to circumstance damage inflicted by rising trauma levels. If you are trying to set up rivalries by avoiding breaking certain vulnerabilities, Versality can help target two non-adjacent vulnerabilities (eg: Hate & Injury), but become less useful once you have Completion, as it is incompatible with Versatility (ie: you can't create a Commander with two Suppressors and a Punisher)

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
There are some theoretical advantages, but yes I agree at the time you are first unlocking them, suppressors don't feel worth it. The same could be said about the regular commanders as well. You can unlock them day one. But doing anything worthwhile with them with any other of the basic upgrades looks impossible. Maybe the research tree could be rearranged.

E.g. having the Barrier option unlocked earlier so you don't have to twiddle your thumbs while the suppressor does it's thing.

Of course this has balance implications and I may not see everything aspect and implication.

Redypsrebyc

Dec 25, 2016
Oh, I'd say the regular commanders are *very* useful for insta-surrounding people with decent duration. Also keeping people locked down with minimal downtime; you only get the fear bonus if someone else is surrounded, which means if you've got one person beaten up and two in good condition, you either spend at LEAST two turns on attack/surround to get them in a one- or two-turn lockdown and then move on to your real target, or use the basic capture to lock'm in one turn, hit your real target, then pivot back. Much more efficient.

The real benefit of course is networked consciousness, allowing all surrounds, even basic captures, to hit with an attack type immediately. That makes the basic capture *strictly* superior to the suppressor types, not just almost always superior.

Basic commanders are even situationally useful late-game, being immune to the otherwise-annoying 'suicide bomb' skill of theirs.

Last edited:

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
I played against 13 different teams and winning 4 of them. I have some observations:

1- the upgrade that allows you to surround and apply circumstance right away is op (is not a bad thing, I just wanted to address that is I love it)

2- suppressors (and to some extent the defilers) are not weak mid, late, and sometimes EVEN early game. the defilers are because they don't allow to apply orgies (at least to my knowledge, it could work if you use the same type of second-tier like broadcast and vanity, but IDK)

3- the "new game+" does not give you a bonus (to my knowledge), just the information of the chosen.

4- I don't actually see big differences between friendship and rivalry, apart from when they are going to kill each other.

5- the type of chosen have presets (the chosen names like chaos, purity, freedom, etc), now this is obvious but it could mean that later in development there could be added new presets or variations, by the developer or players (I know there is a customization but I mean to add to the pool of presets)

Things I like about the game:

1- the wombo combo potential, when you get the ball rolling you can obliterate them, it just feels good.

2- the last point from a story point, feels like the moment that would be like a season-ending, where some heavy shit happened to change them with trauma.

3- the combination of defiler- / suppress- / punisher- or just suppress- / defiler-. it shows that the dev has put thought into them (although in the ambition/impreg the size should be bigger than one-foot long, I mean in other combinations it says it becomes bigger because impreg)

4- the upgrade that allows you to surround and apply circumstance right away (again)

5- the variety of scenes, with so many variables the game has, how to approach situations, and the combinations.

6- the existing chosen presets and the way their corruption progress

7- I don't have negatives things to say about the game (at least not many) although is complicated how it works, it feels like is a part of the essence to the game, and honestly I like that.

now, suggestion:

1- add something that upgrades you as you play against more teams, like achievements that (can) give you something when you make a scene play as long as you have cheats deactivated. this way you can make people try new ways to confront the chosen and make people that don't want to use cheats directly but still want a way to progress outside the current team. you could say "if you want it to be easier next time, just use cheats", but honestly is overkill, I would prefer small bonuses that could snowball into something (+1 damage, +1 EE at start)

2- suppressors need something, defilers may also need something. they just aren't worth it, the base commander is better (IMO), I don't know if the whole commander thing needs a rework (I don't think so), but the problem is there. I think that a good way to make them worth would be to make them a normal commander with an extra effect (you could put extra cost), the extra effect could be that: simply causes circumstance damage each turn and you can still use the other actions (I like this better); that essentially that same tier action deal extra damage (I like this one too); or that it starts using the action of the commanders' tier.

I really like this game, does anyone knows if the dev has said anything about how the campaign might be?

Zero_Blazer

Jun 12, 2018
I'm also having issues playing this game. Doing trial runs and different things and ultimately not really clicking with me. I'm expected to be able to break vulnerabilities pretty quickly (at least from what I'm reading on this board) but ultimately I can only get small numbers in, and my brain isn't understanding it just by reading. I think this is one of those games, at least for me, where I need to visually watch someone play it at a higher level as the tutorial is too low level for me to understand how to get big numbers.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Well, if someone wants me to have a go at their save and show how I'd do it: go ahead and upload it, and I'll try and do an AAR of the next battle or something.

Sharkie94

May 5, 2020
Well, if someone wants me to have a go at their save and show how I'd do it: go ahead and upload it, and I'll try
and do an AAR of the next battle or something.

Since you are asking. :)

What I personally would like to see - is the detailed thought process on how to maximize EE the first 15 "Days".
I'm suspecting that not every turn would be interesting, as many "Days" would be repeating the exact same routine.
So, very-much a blow-by-blow like the tutorial - but with the same conditions a new player would face.

While the cheat-save gave me an insight on the late-game, it did not help dealing with the first few "Days" effectively.
Which, when exponential growth is applied, is absolutely critical.

An example to highlight my point...
Newcomers to Dwarf Fortress are generally advised to follow the which teaches players
the motions for how to get started with the absolute basics, in order not to during the first days of their fort.

Like I said... since you're asking. o7

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
I'm also having issues playing this game. Doing trial runs and different things and ultimately not really clicking with me. I'm expected to be able to break vulnerabilities pretty quickly (at least from what I'm reading on this board) but ultimately I can only get small numbers in, and my brain isn't understanding it just by reading. I think this is one of those games, at least for me, where I need to visually watch someone play it at a higher level as the tutorial is too low level for me to understand how to get big numbers.
well, at least let me try explaining without being confusing, but just read the highlighted part if everything is confusing

there are 2 damage types: trauma and circumstance, the higher the trauma at the end of the battle, the easier future battles will be. circumstance is the damage you do when you surround someone and it applies multipliers and breaks vulnerabilities.
both have levels, each level gives you multipliers(circumstance) or extra turn in the surrounding (trauma). level 0 is at 0, level 1 is 100, level 2 is 1000, etc.

you can surround someone when you deal trauma and a defence requirement is cleared, each trauma has a way to give points to break defence: fear is if someone is already surrounded, disgust is each level (but only up to half defence level, the exception is the first surround), pain is each level (but only applies once per level), and shame gives you extra turns in the surround.

so basically, you would want to start with either disgust (slime) or pain (attack) up to level 1, then taunt (to level 1).

now, where the numbers start to get high is with the circumstances, each action during the surrounding phase applies one (and it repeats each turn after being selected) while also applying some trauma. each circumstance applies a multiplier (it only works against damage dealt after it was applied): hate is 'x2 to all damage', pleasure is 'x3 to trauma', injury is '4x to circumstance damage', and exposure is '2x to the other chosen damage'.

there are different strategies it depends on the weaknesses of the team.

can go generalist with expo+hate, full trauma pleasure+expo, to destroy someone hate+inju, and there many more.

I recommend making yourself comfortable with one strategy, then try to accomplish the vulnerabilities.

the vulnerabilities indicate what the chosen are weak and strong against, in a way that either the trauma damage or the circumstance is going to be strong and the other weak. it has thresholds that you have to get by dealing circumstance damage (mostly), and when you do you will get rewards like EE and extra damage.

they are divided into 'core' (harder to destroy, better rewards), 'significant' (average in damage, average reward), and minor(high damage, but with fewer rewards).

the thresholds have tiers with core vulnerabilities starting with the lower tier-0 (get to level 2 with that circumstance), tier-1 (dealt damage and use the required actions, this is somewhat blind), tier-2 (use an especial action at 10k+ trauma), etc (you will have to buy something in the tech tree for the higher ones).

the team will have someone with 2 core, 1 significant, and 1 minor. other with 2 significant, 1 core, and 1 minor. and the last 2 minor, 1 core, and 1 significant.

if you destroy the minor vulnerabilities before the core ones, they will become friends. that means that you will receive less EE but the extra damage is still there.

there is not really something extra with the 'significant' ones, they just give you rewards.

is not the end of the world just because they are friends, but it does matter that you didn't get as much EE.

But they will give more EE when you finish the battle.

there is something that counts the corruption on each chosen, the corruption gives EE if the trauma is high enough. I don't really know how this part works but the vulnerabilities allow you to increase the corruption, according to the guide is basically minor is +1, core is +3, and significant is +2.

P.D: I know that I omitted multiple parts, but I'm trying to make it simple

Last edited:
Reactions: Zero_Blazer

Zero_Blazer

Jun 12, 2018
well, at least let me try explaining without being confusing, but just read the highlighted part if everything is confusing

there are 2 damage types: trauma and circumstance, the higher the trauma at the end of the battle, the easier future battles will be. circumstance is the damage you do when you surround someone and it applies multipliers and breaks vulnerabilities.
both have levels, each level gives you multipliers(circumstance) or extra turn in the surrounding (trauma). level 0 is at 0, level 1 is 100, level 2 is 1000, etc.

you can surround someone when you deal trauma and a defence requirement is cleared, each trauma has a way to give points to break defence: fear is if someone is already surrounded, disgust is each level (but only up to half defence level, the exception is the first surround), pain is each level (but only applies once per level), and shame gives you extra turns in the surround.

so basically, you would want to start with either disgust (slime) or pain (attack) up to level 1, then taunt (to level 1).

now, where the numbers start to get high is with the circumstances, each action during the surrounding phase applies one (and it repeats each turn after being selected) while also applying some trauma. each circumstance applies a multiplier (it only works against damage dealt after it was applied): hate is 'x2 to all damage', pleasure is 'x3 to trauma', injury is '4x to circumstance damage', and exposure is '2x to the other chosen damage'.

there are different strategies it depends on the weaknesses of the team.

can go generalist with expo+hate, full trauma pleasure+expo, to destroy someone hate+inju, and there many more.

I recommend making yourself comfortable with one strategy, then try to accomplish the vulnerabilities.

the vulnerabilities indicate what the chosen are weak and strong against, in a way that either the trauma damage or the circumstance is going to be strong and the other weak. it has thresholds that you have to get by dealing circumstance damage (mostly), and when you do you will get rewards like EE and extra damage.

they are divided into 'core' (harder to destroy, better rewards), 'significant' (average in damage, average reward), and minor(high damage, but with fewer rewards).

the thresholds have tiers with core vulnerabilities starting with the lower tier-0 (get to level 2 with that circumstance), tier-1 (dealt damage and use the required actions, this is somewhat blind), tier-2 (use an especial action at 10k+ trauma), etc (you will have to buy something in the tech tree for the higher ones).

the team will have someone with 2 core, 1 significant, and 1 minor. other with 2 significant, 1 core, and 1 minor. and the last 2 minor, 1 core, and 1 significant.

if you destroy the minor vulnerabilities before the core ones, they will become friends. that means that you will receive less EE but the extra damage is still there.

there is not really something extra with the 'significant' ones, they just give you rewards.

is not the end of the world just because they are friends, but it does matter that you didn't get as much EE.

But they will give more EE when you finish the battle.

there is something that counts the corruption on each chosen, the corruption gives EE if the trauma is high enough. I don't really know how this part works but the vulnerabilities allow you to increase the corruption, according to the guide is basically minor is +1, core is +3, and significant is +2.

P.D: I know that I omitted multiple parts, but I'm trying to make it simple
So should I be trying to concentrate on one girl at a time? Or should I be doing a different girl every time? Or a bit of a mix where I go after a girl until I break a vulnerability and then go after another? Also, should I apply as many circumstances as I can, or only a few and start attacking the other girls while one of them is surrounded?

Thanks for the help, btw. I wish the tutorial continued till you actually break a vulnerability. With it stopping before that point I feel really confused me.

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
So should I be trying to concentrate on one girl at a time? Or should I be doing a different girl every time? Or a bit of a mix where I go after a girl until I break a vulnerability and then go after another? Also, should I apply as many circumstances as I can, or only a few and start attacking the other girls while one of them is surrounded?

Thanks for the help, btw. I wish the tutorial continued till you actually break a vulnerability. With it stopping before that point I feel really confused me.
when I try to break the first tier core vulnerability by starting with the one who you going for, then depending on the weaknesses I use pummel, grind, or humiliation (pummel is a priority), then when the other 2 appear try to get them the expo to level 1 (hopefully 2) and surround the first one again.

before I continue you gotta know commanders sometimes are a waste of money. so after this, just use them when you are going to do a real try to break one, or need to increase trauma.

after the first core, you might want to focus a bit on the trauma side(without using commanders) until you have a plan and an ok commander (2 captures of 4-5 turns could be enough), then try to surround everybody to make a chain reaction of captures. the second-tier vulnerabilities are weird, I don't know exactly how to break them, so aim to the next one +10k dmg circumstance.

the game ramps up quite quickly sometimes so if you feel that you are somewhat behind like on day 20 but only have the first tier, it's ok.

basically, you want to try to get a chain reaction while focusing on the damage for one you are working on, humiliation for the other
(unless you have time for something else, then stack extra stuff)

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Since you are asking. :)

What I personally would like to see - is the detailed thought process on how to maximize EE the first 15 "Days".
I'm suspecting that not every turn would be interesting, as many "Days" would be repeating the exact same routine.
So, very-much a blow-by-blow like the tutorial - but with the same conditions a new player would face.

While the cheat-save gave me an insight on the late-game, it did not help dealing with the first few "Days" effectively.
Which, when exponential growth is applied, is absolutely critical.

An example to highlight my point...
Newcomers to Dwarf Fortress are generally advised to follow the which teaches players
the motions for how to get started with the absolute basics, in order not to during the first days of their fort.

Like I said... since you're asking. o7
No problem, I'm starting a new game with a random team. Normally I'd customize a team for a more tailored experience, and break vulnerabilities selectively for the same reason, but for this example, I'll go with a random squad and show the first 13 days in an otherwise typical game for me.

Day 1: We start with a red-text Chosen, which tells us a Minor Vulnerability - Morality. The text is based on whether the Chosen has Core (blue), Significant (green) or minor (red) morality. I still don't know what her Core vulnerabiity might be, but at least I know not to use Threaten on her. I try Slime and it does mediocre damage, so Innocence has got to be a Significant Vulnerability to her. I try Attack and it does a much better 70 damage. The text also indicates she doesn't mind being hit. The rest of the fight is nothing but spamming Attack so we can get her well over 200+ trauma so we can start getting EE out of her Tier-1 downtime actions. Our first EE goes to Psychic Reading.

Day 2: Psychic reading confirms my earlier assumptions - Minor Morality, Core Confidence. Also Core Dignity, though we can see she's slightly less vulnerable to it, so we stick to spamming Attack the entire fight. It won't help with getting extra EE yet, but the unresolved trauma will increase Angst and, by extension, our damage multiplier on her. You can already see the difference, we're already doing more damage now. After the fight, we pick up Wide Deployment.

Day 3: Same as before, spamming Attack. Oh look, a wild blue-text Chosen appears. I don't need Psychic Reading to know she's weak against Threaten, but let's use it anyway. As it turns out, she's just as vulnerable to Slime and Shame. The rest of the fight is just me spamming Threaten on her, to get her generating EE for us like her less scrupulous new ally. Unfortunately the fight ends on Round 7, and there just wasn't enough time to get 200 EE. We pick up Fast Breeders and start the next day, targeting the new Chosen.

Day 4: Not much to say, Prophet gets Threatened a lot and of course, she stats making that sweet EE for us. We pick up Enhanced Polymorphism.

Day 5: Prophet remains the target for now. Nothing special happens, just a lot of Threatening. Then we get Coordinated Deployment.

Day 6: Same as before, yawn. By now, Prophet has the same damage multiplier as Calamity. We pick up Focus, not Weakness Sense, as I can't be bothered to use Surround until I have some basics in place.

Day 7: Back to Calamity with Attacks. We get Eager Breeders afterwards. Expecting the third Chosen any day now, it can vary a bit.

Day 8: Back to Prophet with Threaten. Ah, there we go, green-text girl is here. From what we already know of the other two, we've already deduced she's going to have Core Innocence (since neither of the others has it) and indeed, there it is, along with the accompanying weakness to Slime. We manage to get DISG over 200, so she'll be earning EE right away. I expect to spend the next 3 days farming 3 EE each in order to get a basic commander in place. Might as well also spam Slime on our new opponent to get her damage multiplier up. In fact, that's all we'll do until day 12. I'm sure there's room to get fancier here, but my intent is just to show what can be done in a few days with a basic 1x4 or 2x4 commander.

On reaching day 12, I've got 13 EE saved up and the Chosen all have roughly the same damage multiplier. For future reference, I've also noticed Prophet has pre-broken Innocence, which explains her starting weakness to Slime. Now it's time to buy a commander and go to town. I pick up Weakness Sense, Perception and Cunning. We'll just be using a 1x4 (1 capture, 4 round duration) commander today, as there's not quite enough EE to pick up a second capture just yet. Looking at our Chosen, it's clear that Jackal should be our first target - she's weak to INJU, plus she's she's the easiest one to strip (weak to EXPO), which means she's going to be our first target in any combat for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Day 12: And here we go. Thanks to the commander, we have 4 turns to apply our surround actions. We start with Pummel, which immediately gets her to level 2 INJU and will lead to more and more of it due to the way INJU multiplies circumstance damage, including itself. Next is Grind, which helps with both circumstance and trauma. Third is less clear, but I go with Humiliate. Already you can see the circumstance levels pile up. It's time for Jackal to break free, but we grab her again right away. We Pummel again, and there's our first break: t1 Confidence. We Grind, and break her t1 Dignity in the process. Going over 1000 PLEA also breaks her mini-tier due to her Core Innocence, which doesn't really affect anything besides giving you 2 EE.

I should note that normally, I would not break Minor Vulnerabilities first, like Jackal's Confidence and Dignity, as these will lead to friendships later. However, since I'm limiting myself to 15 days for this, I just wanted to show what can be done with even a 1x4 commander and the right target.

At this point however, the fun is over as we don't have enough trauma levels to capture Jackal again while the other Chosen remain untouched. Still, 3 breaks on the first fight ain't bad. We'll be doing a lot more tomorrow. We finish off with a Slime parting shot. Sadly, Jackal isn't generating more EE just yet, as we mostly focused on circumstance damage. But now, we have more than enough EE for Patience + Persistence, allowing us to create a commander that can wreck the team without further upgrades. When using 2x4 commanders, I generally choose 2 Chosen and ignore the third. Along with Jackal of course, I choose Calamity, though she's a mixed bag in terms of weaknesses, as is Prophet.

Last edited:

Vintrion

Dec 21, 2017
commanders sometimes are a waste of money. so after this, just use them when you are going to do a real try to break one, or need to increase trauma.
I always used a regular commander at 4-5 EE since it is more than capable to land a Circumstance+ early in the 10-15 days range. Even the times I needed to save up it's still an immense source of trauma that makes later break attempts much easier, and thus, gets me higher EE income.
the second-tier vulnerabilities are weird, I don't know exactly how to break them
You have to use a Defiler upgrade, this is stated as being capable of being able to apply a tier-2 break in the upgrade menu before you buy it. It has to be either at the end of a round after they've already been weakened to avoid the penalty. Alternative, Suppressor+Defiler on HATE/PLEA/INJU. Increasing exposure is unneeded since it's more a support circumstance. They need to have about 2k or 3k before it hits. I felt it was worth the time to set it up since it gave me a nice boost to EE.

My early finish record was at 45 days, if I had been perhaps a bit more frugal I could have ended around 43. Although my focus wasn't really an early-finish, it was actually to raise specifically only pleasure/no HATE so I could try doing hypnosis faster so I could just view it's scenes. It was a nice by-product that it lead to an early-clear.

Last edited:

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Day 13: Jackal is ambushed again, she'd better get used to it. We start with Pummel, which we can see is less effective this time due to her pitiful mewling. Then Grind, of course, then Humilate, and finally Caress. Her defensive methods have prevented us from causing enough trauma to surround her again, and we won't use the second Capture on her. We spend the round on Threaten, hoping for Calamity to show up soon.

And she does, next round. The second Capture is for her. You can see that, due to Jackal's FEAR levels, her surround duration shoots up to 5 as soon as Calamity is captured. We start Calamity off with some Grinding, as she's very tough against Pummel. Then Humiliate, so that Jackal will be that much more vulnerable when it's her turn again. I feel Caress is worth using as well on the third Capture round.

Now, for a crucial game mechanic: Look at the Extermination completion. It'll be done next turn. If we grab Jackal now, she won't fly away after extermination, allowing us to surround her yet again. Now is also the best time to grab her, as her FEAR levels still apply to her surround duration due to Calamity still being surrounded. So we do. And since Calamity was captured before extermination was completed, she's still available for a surround. Needless to say, Pummelling, Grinding and Humiliation ensues. Since it may be possible for Chosen to fly away after escaping a Surround but before another Chosen is surrounded on the same round, I take no chances and surround Calamity with 2 rounds left on Jackal's surround. As it turns out, she gets surrounded first thing, so my worry was misplaced.

Calamity gets the old Grinding first, which makes the degenerate break immediately (Chosen look at the total surround duration when deciding whether to start using a defensive action like violence, which breaks t1 Morality). As planned, Jackal breaks free but does not fly off, making her available for one final surround. After Pummeling and Humiliating Calamity, it's time to grab Jackal again. She gets Pummeled while Calamity's Dignity mini-tier gets broken. Also, getting her to 1000 EXPO increases the damage on Jackal.

And there goes Jackal's t1 Morality, as well as getting to the point (10k INJU) where we can use our first Defiler action. But with Confidence being a minor vulnerability and a full 7 rounds left to Jackal's capture, I decide to aim for a different one. Grinding commences, and right away there's enough HATE for Inseminate. Yet, I know I can do even better - with these kinds of circumstance multipliers, it won't take long to get PLEA to 10k as well, so I use Caress next. Oh, and Calamity's Confidence mini-tier breaks as well. Having been surrounded after the extermination was done, she now gets to fly off.

The first round of Caress breaks Jackal's t1 Innocence immediately. I use Humiliate while I wait for her DISG to get to 10k (as you might have noticed, you cannot exceed 999, 9999 etc. in one round). The next round is just spent on Attacking Calamity, which as you can see now deals tens of thousands of damage with all the multipliers from her HATE and PLEA and Jackal's EXPO.

And there we go, Jackal is ready for her Forced Orgasms. This of course breaks her T2 Innocence. Being a Defiler action, it affects 2 circumstances, in this case PLEA and INJU. I wanted Forced Orgasm because it attacks her Core Vulnerability (Innocence), though as we'll see, that wasn't immediately advisable in this case. I can't do anything else during a defiler action, so I go back to Attacking Calamity. On the penultimate turn, Jackal reaches 1M DISG, which will get her to start doing more sinful Innocence-related acts after the battle, with double the EE generation.

Now we see what happens after battle once core vulnerabilities are broken: first, we see a positive interaction between Prophet and Jackal due to Prophet's Innocence being pre-broken, as I noted previously. Then another. These are for t1 and t2 Innocence, respectively. Now they are friends, which has relatively minor effects - it may make one of them appear in combat sooner, and it will lead to less damage on group actions than if they were rivals. It will also encourage them to do sinful out-of-combat actions together, which burns more Angst and Unresolved Trauma (but can lead to some sexy scenes between friends, if you're into that. Not in this case though, as Prophet's unresolved DISG isn't high enough.) You also don't get as much EE from those two post-combat scenes; the second one gave none at all. But we are making 5 EE per day (though Jackal hasn't started her 5EE actions yet), and I spend 16 out of our 22 EE on getting Mania + Nursery Hives, as well as Lust + Human Collaborators, leaving just enough EE to get our 2x4 commander back into action, and now he'll have an easier time of it, as the Chosen are generally more vulnerable, plus there is more time in evacuation and extermination.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 52 Votes