Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
You need just core T1 on Tyrant? Easily done with 5EE commander.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
welp - this proves how much i know about the breaks. good job. Though by now i went and broke 2nd core on miracle instead and by day 19 already sitting on t2 core on tyrant (Thanks Networked Consciousness) and i think i'll keep it at that.

though alternatively i can reload from turn 14, try to break Miracle 2nd T1 core - and then break Tyrant by your tutorial. for full broken broadcast. what to do what to do.

edit: i mostly see what you did there, but not exactly understand reasoning for commander choices. like why HATE EXPO and then EXPO INJU i know that HATE and INJU are multipliers but why in one case multiplier is first and in another second. same for commands used on tyrant.

Last edited:

haksaw

Oct 10, 2019
i mostly see what you did there, but not exactly understand reasoning for commander choices. like why HATE EXPO and then EXPO INJU i know that HATE and INJU are multipliers but why in one case multiplier is first and in another second. same for commands used on tyrant.
It's better to keep circumstance lvls close to avoid penalties. So I usually open with one that takes 2 turns to reach lvl1, so I use Expo on Tyrant first. That allows me to get both Hate And Expo to lvl1 on turn 2. If I used Hate turn one I would get penalty and risk it getting to lvl2 too early. That's not a hard rule, just smth I'm used to do.

And I used Hate and Inju before Expo in both instances with Purity. I usually use Hate 1st for my Expo supports because Hate also increases trauma, so she will have more openings for when I need to capture her again. I would use Inju on her next, but I had to capture Tyrant on that turn, so I did that next capture. If I have no time for that I just use Expo and make do with what I have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragsmu

haksaw

Oct 10, 2019
I deleted mentions of penalties to cirs from previous post, because that needed some more elaboration. Granted, I'm still not 100% sure I get everything right but that's how I understand it.

I will use this screen for reference.
Corrupted Saviors - 06.11.2022 , 14_21_09.jpg

So. When you bump any circumstance to next lvl you will get 1\2 decrease in dmg to ALL circs. If we use Hate 1st turn, we will get x2 circ dmg from lvl1 Hate, but also x0.5 dmg from penalty, so that will even out and we still be getting x1 dmg to cirs.

Now, most important thing is that trauma lvls also penalize circs. If trauma lvls are not even, then those which are ahead get less circ dmg to corresponding circs. And we clearly see it here. Disg is still lvl1, while all others are lvl2, so we get additional x0.5 on all circs but Plea. That's not a good position to be in, since we don't need Plea. And trying to remedy that by rising Plea so Disg get better multiplyer is not that good of a solution, since first it will bump Plea to lvl2, further decreasing all circ dmg to x0.25, and second Plea increase all trauma multiplyers, not only Disg, so you are risking another lvls to pull ahead again. So in this case it's better to increase Disg manually and when surrounding pay attention to trauma lvls to not let smth pull too far ahead.

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
It's at the bottom of either the forsaken training or refference guide if you have the latest veraion of the game.

It explains how rampancy has different rules for motivation (typically gains motivation from being deployed, but loses it from being idle) as well as how the other distortions have different rules.

Distortions are less corrupted typically (they usually didn't have tier 4 breaks) and as a result despite their extra bonuses, they are not as corrupted and need more training to be compliant in one on one action.

I had a run with a rampancy and a tier 4 injury break that turned into forsakens, and the latter was easy to have sex with, while the rampancy distortion was very resistant until I did some training.

Mind you, there are gameplay advantages to NOT increase corruption as well as advantages to DO increase corruption. But there is no way back once corrupted. Distortions forsaken have unique roles due to being lower corrupted, if you care about gameplay.

Tier 0, which only exists for core vulnerabilities is what requires 1000 circumstance damage. It says it right there for tyrant: reach level 2 injury.

Tier 1 however also requires her to do the mitigating action, which I think is begging for confidence. (Violence, service, begging, hiding, right?)

So while tier 0 break just requires tier 2 circumstance damage, tier 1 break requires tier 3 trauma damage and to be surrounded and to have an action that causes her to mitigate that is relevant.

There is no increase in cost for tier 0 break and tier 1 break (or tier 2 break). The increasing costs start for tier 3 breaks, where every new tier 3 break for the same chozen requires 10x as much unresolved trauma. And thank god, because you don't want to unlock all 4 tier 3 breaks at once for a chozen.

Also tell me your secret how you got breaks so fast for the first couple of days. That seems very effective.

People keep saying this, but looking at the guide it only mentions that there's such thing as a tempt defiler, and only under the negotiation. Nowhere does it say what it is specifically or the details on it.

1667749350592.png

I keep looking and people keep mentioning it but Traumatize and the others don't seem to be listed anywhere.

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
Also, I found myself in a weird situation where I set up my chosen for the temptation distortion in a new run, and all the conditions are met, however no matter how many times I activate the tempt action on them in combat, it never actually distorts them and just ends up having saying after combat I still have to surround them and tempt them to distort them. I've tried checking them by visiting them and the tempt distortion isn't in effect on them. It feels like this is a bug, so I'll include my save here in case anyone is either able to point out something I'm doing wrong and I'm just stupid, or if this really is a bug. I'm trying to tempt Despair.

Jul 14, 2018
People keep saying this, but looking at the guide it only mentions that there's such thing as a tempt defiler, and only under the negotiation. Nowhere does it say what it is specifically or the details on it.

View attachment 2151187

I keep looking and people keep mentioning it but Traumatize and the others don't seem to be listed anywhere.
It mentions in guide.txt that there is more information on tempt defiler when you've reached it.

main.png

I'm just going by the book here. I only have experience with rampancy up to having a forsaken with that.

Asbeoth

Apr 8, 2021
Have things been streamlined at all in the past year-ish? A lot of features felt pointless or overly complicated to use. Plus, the game always ended with one of the heroes having to die, so not sure if that changed, too?

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Have things been streamlined at all in the past year-ish? A lot of features felt pointless or overly complicated to use. Plus, the game always ended with one of the heroes having to die, so not sure if that changed, too?
Not really in general. A massive improvement is that the game now warns you when an action will break a vuln though, so you don't have to savescum testing that over and over again. It even removes the warning when the action will no longer bring them up to the break threshhold.

When it comes to one of the heros dying, that has been avoidable for as long as I've played (Mid April 2022 was about when I started). It's just really fucking difficult in the first run to save all the girls and would likely require some savescumming to make sure you don't waste any days that could be better spent. I don't think that's become much easier, though it does require a lot less savescumming thanks to the above change, lol.

Last edited:

Asbeoth

Apr 8, 2021
Not really. A massive improvement is that the game now warns you when an action will break a vuln though, so you don't have to savescum testing that over and over again. It even removes the warning when the action will no longer bring them up to the break threshhold.

When it comes to one of the heros dying, that has been avoidable for as long as I've played (Mid April 2022 was about when I started). It's just really fucking difficult in the first run to save all the girls and would likely require some savescumming to make sure you don't waste any days that could be better spent. I don't think that's become much easier, though it does require a lot less savescumming thanks to the above change, lol.
Alright. Thanks. I was hoping things would be a bit less convoluted, and there would be alternatives to one of them dying, without making it even more annoyingly difficult. I'll probably check back again in a few months, see if things change.

haksaw

Oct 10, 2019
What? If you make them all rivals and purchase rivalry upgrade, they will enter final battle with 20 motivation, that's couple normal attacks and they are done. Sure, you may make things harder for yourself, but that's intentional, not smth that is hard to avoid.

Jul 14, 2018
Nobody died in my first run. Granted I did have rivalry upgrade (antipathy) and they started with 50, 50 and 20 motivation.

Asbeoth

Apr 8, 2021
What? If you make them all rivals and purchase rivalry upgrade, they will enter final battle with 20 motivation, that's couple normal attacks and they are done. Sure, you may make things harder for yourself, but that's intentional, not smth that is hard to avoid.
A bit too convoluted already to make it even rougher to pull off. Hence why I stopped playing and just check back occasionally.

Jul 14, 2018
I'm still trying to figure out best strategies to go from tier 3 to 1000% for tier 4.

Can anyone explain how they approach these?
Is it better to try and do mass damage to the circumstance so you trigger higher versions of it, or set things up in a way so that you trigger it multiple times?

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
I'm still trying to figure out best strategies to go from tier 3 to 1000% for tier 4.

Can anyone explain how they approach these?
Is it better to try and do mass damage to the circumstance so you trigger higher versions of it, or set things up in a way so that you trigger it multiple times?
The best way is orgies and then go from there. Focus on two and slowly get that orgy up

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
It's been really interesting to read the strategy discussions here. I'm happy to see that players have been able to independently come up with the strategies I use during my own playtest runs. And there have also been a few approaches described which hadn't actually occurred to me. I look forward to trying them out on my own and seeing how they compare.

P.S. - I brought up Plague and a few others not having portrait folders in the first place and they still don't, so I'm not sure whether it was you or I who mis-understood something, CSdev ? :unsure:
Thanks for the reports, those should all be fixed in the next version. Though, "showed mercy on" is actually proper English, if maybe a bit archaic. I think it fits the personality.

Regarding the Innocence Break, that should be referring to Faith's Innocence Break (she must have hit T3 Innocence Break without hitting T1 or T2, and the scene automatically breaks the T1 and T2 if they're still unbroken). The variant displayed there is the one where Stigma's Rampancy Distortion allows her to repel Faith's advances, so if it knocked Stigma off the Distortion path, then that's a bug.

Regarding the Animalistic names not having their own portrait folders, that's intended. The way the game handles Animalistic Chosen is that it gives them the portrait folder that they "would" have if they were regular humans, but within that portrait folder is an Animalistic subfolder. For mousegirls, their default portrait folder can be Fortune, Phantom, Whisper, or Mirage. Animalistic Forsaken generated before the bugfix will still incorrectly use a folder which matches their displayed name, but you can manually assign them a proper portrait folder in the Customize menu.
I have a similar issue where a chosen I corrupted get stuck on Superior and won't go to Animalistic (she was initially regular)
I corrupted her in R35 and am currently using R35b

Also, I don't think my forsaken should have a "Times anally penetrated: 34 (first: Demon Lord during combat)" message considering I'm playing with violence off and have therefore not anally raped them
Right now, the game is a little bit stupid when it comes to assigning sexual experience, because it doesn't know whether you've changed the toggles mid-playthrough. I want to improve this soon.
I managed to fix it by starting a new campaign, and when I went back to try the other one to see if it was still happening it wasn't. I can still send the save if you want but the bug appears to have stopped.
Seems that the bug you saw was actually the one I fixed, so don't worry about uploading the save.
I think I've hit upon a bug. Faith is hitting 10k circumstance damage in INJ, but her tier 1 break isn't happening. I'm not exactly complaining since I didn't WANT to break that yet, but it feel a bit weird that I can sodomize her without triggering Violence or Begging beforehand. I mean, that's not supposed to be possible... right?

View attachment 2143593
View attachment 2143594
This would have been a bug in earlier versions, but it falls within intended behavior now. What's happening is that the game can only cause a T1 break to happen when you start a new surround action. This means that it has to guess whether you'll hit 10k damage at the moment you use the action, and even if it later turns out that you do more damage than expected (because of raising an ally's EXPO level, for example), the game can't retroactively give her a T1 break, because that would be unfair to players who wanted to avoid that T1 break. It's unavoidable for this to happen sometimes - the game can't know how high you can theoretically get an ally's EXPO level in advance. But it's also possible to get T3 breaks before T2 breaks, so it's not inconsistent with the other mechanics.
You know since we were on topic of undead chosen and if they die they could come back. How about also chosen that run away. Maybe they get "blessed" and become a lot lot strong or maybe just come back as superior chosen in other loops.
Regular Chosen who run away can in fact already come back as Superior Chosen in later loops! It isn't guaranteed, but when the game rolls for Superior Chosen, it can also pick returning regular Chosen, and if it does pick one of them, then they get upgraded to fit.
This game leaves me with a couple of questions due to how the menu is set up unclearly.

1. What's the difference between "single play" and "campaign"? The expected is for a campaign to some kind of sequence of single plays together. But instead the relation seems to be "pre-set" and "pre-set plus your own characters in the random mix"

2. Is there someway to play with exactly the characters you select?

3. Is there a way to give pre-made characters a portrait? I can do this once in the game, but can it be done prior to the game so you don't have to do it everytime again?

4. "Customize" is just a different way to generate the 3 characters, right?

5. What does the "import" button on the main screen import exactly?
Some of these answers are related, so I'll answer them together rather than one-by-one.

When you use Customize, you effectively create a new Single Play save which guarantees that you face only the three Chosen you customized. This is by far the simplest way to guarantee that you'll face exactly the same three Chosen that you've generated.

When you finish a Single Play game, you're brought back to the main menu and any Forsaken you've managed to convert are added to your save file for use in other Single Play games. However, you can't use those Forsaken in Campaign mode. Instead, Campaign mode lets you play through multiple "loops" of increasing difficulty where you can only use Forsaken you've converted within that same Campaign playthrough.

If you replace the default portrait folders with your own pictures, then the randomly-generated Chosen will use those pictures. But otherwise, the only way to use a set of portraits you've made beforehand is to make a custom team with names matching your portrait folders.

The Import function on the main menu is for detecting .par files in the game's folder. When you use Customize to make a team, you're given an option of creating a .par file which you can then send to other people so that they can add the team to their existing save file.
Thanks! I feel like this was super helpful!
I'll see what I can do.

Is there a way to see the special abilities of distorted chosen? I couldn't find anything on the Traumatize one you get from negotiation and it took me a while to realize those were special to distorted chosen, and I didn't see anything about it in the guide.
I had thought that I had put some info about Forsaken Defilers in the guide, but apparently I haven't. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I'll add some documentation for them in the next release.
Tried going for Prophet.

btw which higher end upgrades are good to aim for? still defiler ones or those that give more time?

edit: btw about minors after core - is it fine to do it in the same fight as long as you choosen to break core first - or does it need to be separate?
The way the Core/Minor interaction for relationships works is that the two Chosen will have a scene together after the battle. Their break status is checked at the time of the scene to determine whether it'll be positive or negative, so breaking them both in the same battle results in a positive scene, even if the Core was technically broken a few rounds earlier.
Since I now have Stable Diffusion on my PC, I think I'll make a portrait pack :unsure:

I have no Photoshop/GIMP skills so lets see how this goes :KEK:

Don't expect this anytime soon. If any real artists think this is going to replace them, you don't have to deal with stuff like this:

If anything, artists can use this as an idea machine and go from there, but I digress.

Reaper tests:

Pain :

Fortune

That boobscythe is amazing.
i finally managed to get 50+ EE commander (thanks to cheat button appearing after the end of the game) and now i can do stuff do the chosen

i'd like to surround them at the same time to try an orgy, but i don't understand how to prevent them from flying away after a capture
When you start capturing or surrounding one of the Chosen while extermination is already complete, they'll take flight at the end of that capture or surround.
by the way what do i do with this situation ? do i still need to break T1 ?
So I have the chosen as forsaken now, still unable to have sex with them when I meet up. What are the requirements for this? Like are there specific stats that are needed? I won them to my side using negotiate and all three of them just will not do any sexual actions with me outside of the foreplay options still. I know their are some training that do certain acts, but this feels ridiculous at this point.
This sounds like a bug. Are you sure your penis isn't occupied by their hands or mouth already? If not, then I'd appreciate it if you'd upload the save so I can take a look.
Still not really getting the Forsaken system at all. I've seen a lot of talk about having goals, but the actual training part is incomprehensible to me. Free training generates expertise, but going beyond the girl's limits only raises her obedience (which I don't want). If I want to raise her disgrace, is the only way to use a trainer and grind it out slowly?
Sometimes, their corruption can end up such that a trainer is the only way to raise a stat without also raising Obedience. But the only drawback of low Obedience is that it's hard to keep it low, so that's working as intended.
Also, I found myself in a weird situation where I set up my chosen for the temptation distortion in a new run, and all the conditions are met, however no matter how many times I activate the tempt action on them in combat, it never actually distorts them and just ends up having saying after combat I still have to surround them and tempt them to distort them. I've tried checking them by visiting them and the tempt distortion isn't in effect on them. It feels like this is a bug, so I'll include my save here in case anyone is either able to point out something I'm doing wrong and I'm just stupid, or if this really is a bug. I'm trying to tempt Despair.
This appears to be working as intended. Every time you Tempt her, the requirement to Tempt her again goes down. She doesn't fully join your side until you Tempt her in the final battle.
Thanks for catching this, it'll be fixed.

Jul 14, 2018
i finally managed to get 50+ EE commander (thanks to cheat button appearing after the end of the game) and now i can do stuff do the chosen

i'd like to surround them at the same time to try an orgy, but i don't understand how to prevent them from flying away after a capture
The easiest way to do this, is to have a commander that isn't a defiler, suppressor or punisher. If you go with a regular commander (with flight), you can capture them back when they're flying and use that to setup orgies and such if one of the three got out of your grasp.

3.80 star(s) 55 Votes