SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
I read Skippy's downtime explanation on his excellent wiki but I still don't quite understand what's going on here or how to fix it. I was getting 15 EE per day (five each) and then I got Pain and Triumph's T3 Dignity breaks. Since then, they all spend downtime together and I only get 6 EE. Is this a negative consequence of them all being close friends? Is there anything I can do other than break Hope's Dignity (which I don't want)? Right before this screenshot, I put Hope and Triumph in a several turn Inseminate+ and they still decided to work off Shame afterwards.

View attachment 3894058
Triumph and Pain have more than 10x as much desire to relieve SHAM as Hope has to relieve anything. There's a divisor of 10 when Chosen want to relieve different kinds of Trauma, and you're beyond that in the difference between their Traumas.

Increasing Hope's FEAR to be on the same order of magnitude as the other two's SHAM would be the quickest way to make them separate other than the DIG break on Hope. The sum of the other two's SHAM is about 1.3G, so getting Hope around 160M FEAR should cause Hope to change over (may be as high as 195M Fear if there's an Unbreakable Friendship involved). As a plus, this'll also get you something on the order of 40EE from Hope's T3 MOR break that can come the fight after she hits 100M FEAR.

Personally, though, I don't think you should stress so much about preserving Hope's DIG. Megalomania is not a very difficult Distortion to achieve even with T3 breaks in both CON and DIG once you break through to late-game Commanders.

Reactions: Doctor Shark

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
You can still take their virginity by meeting them in private, although they might require a lot of PLEA before you can get them to allow it.
Unless I am mistaken isn't it impossible to get any actions done in private without getting t2+ confidence breaks? The chosen just keep fighting back if you don't have confidence breaks.

Also I think a shop could work in the game with proper limitations or maybe an option could be added to sacrifice item for rerolling items once or getting influence instead. I mean splendor already makes you destroy items for bargains so I think you should be able to destroy items yourself and get influence.

Though I personally don't mind the current system. But would like it if we could see how much influence we currently have.

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
Ran into a strange bug just now. Running R56b with Kalloi portraits 1.34. I can examine Faith early in the battle but, starting on turn 17, it gives me a blank when I try to examine her. I'm still able to examine both of the others.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Round 15.png Round 17.png

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
What do ya'll do when it's time to grind T4 breaks? Game feels a bit repetitive at this stage
I posted the following in the Play and Learn guide:

----------------------------

Let's talk about a coherent strategy for earning Punisher Effectiveness. The way I personally see it is this:

Slaughter, Fantasize, and Striptease are all used when Chosen are free. They're all raised through essentially the same method: Cause an Orgy before the end of Extermination to maximize their Circumstance damage, then surround the heavily damaged Chosen one at a time to keep the others using their Tier 3 tactics. I usually, but not always, accomplish this with a standard Commander with maximum Duration, and either 3 Captures without Flight or 5 Captures with Flight.

Detonate is totally different, as it requires Chosen to be Captured, not Surrounded. This goes best with a Demon that raises INJU heavily, as you did in Combat 18. Once you have an excess of Evil Energy and have bought all necessary upgrades, you can throw out way bigger Commanders than you need to for this. Because you only have 3 Captures per Combat you'll raise PE much more effectively if you use them all on the same Chosen, again, as you did in Combat 18.

Personally, because raising Detonate PE is so much simpler, I like to do that one first. Doing that also gives the Chosen a chance to activate all their other Tier 3 Breaks if you end up in a situation like you're in right now where you are still waiting on some Tier 3 breaks to activate. That's my personal opinion on the most Evil Energy efficient way to do these breaks.

-------------------------

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
I posted the following in the Play and Learn guide:

----------------------------

Let's talk about a coherent strategy for earning Punisher Effectiveness. The way I personally see it is this:

Slaughter, Fantasize, and Striptease are all used when Chosen are free. They're all raised through essentially the same method: Cause an Orgy before the end of Extermination to maximize their Circumstance damage, then surround the heavily damaged Chosen one at a time to keep the others using their Tier 3 tactics. I usually, but not always, accomplish this with a standard Commander with maximum Duration, and either 3 Captures without Flight or 5 Captures with Flight.

Detonate is totally different, as it requires Chosen to be Captured, not Surrounded. This goes best with a Demon that raises INJU heavily, as you did in Combat 18. Once you have an excess of Evil Energy and have bought all necessary upgrades, you can throw out way bigger Commanders than you need to for this. Because you only have 3 Captures per Combat you'll raise PE much more effectively if you use them all on the same Chosen, again, as you did in Combat 18.

Personally, because raising Detonate PE is so much simpler, I like to do that one first. Doing that also gives the Chosen a chance to activate all their other Tier 3 Breaks if you end up in a situation like you're in right now where you are still waiting on some Tier 3 breaks to activate. That's my personal opinion on the most Evil Energy efficient way to do these breaks.

-------------------------

Oh shoot we have a wiki now that's sick.

lankhmar

Dec 26, 2019
hi !
Just tried the game and it look promising, but despite reading quite a lot in game and here, I don't really understand how to progress.
I'm at day 39, still getting 3EE per turn, despite having one of my girl's with 10K+ on every single Trauma, 100K+ on some others, I read that you could get EE depending on unresolved trauma, am I doing something wrong ?
no matter how I try, I cant get to break any of my girls T2 trauma, I did some T1, but T2 seems impossible. example : I need to do a goal to do 1000 expo dmg to one of my girls but my maxed out commander, can reach max 450 on a good day using the expo dmg type...
Is there a comprehensive guide somewhere ? I found a day by day analysis but I will not take 10h of reading for a text H-game...
Haha same, I'm just bouncing off it hard.

~~~~~
And yes for others, I have read the "guides" linked above, but think issue is the game breaks the fundamental rule of "what you see is what you get". Attacks doing more/less damage makes sense. Surround stuff makes zero sense, randomly increasing / decreasing / nothing to basic attacks.

There's no clear link for new players between basic attack > surround attack > better basic attack > more surround attacks; which basic attack is better other than "because the resistance chart said so"; which of either basic attack or surround attack links to permanent stat breaks; why I can't even access the *cheat* menu once I gave up and tried to refind it; whether the green "goal" suggestions actually contribute to player progress or are literally just suggestions...

As an example: if guides are right and commanders aren't supposed to be used until you have upgrades for them - why are they unlockable without those upgrades?! Just creates a noob trap of "looks like progression... PSYCH it was a marshmallow test!"

Jakethesnake197

Jan 17, 2022
I have a question about Forsaken stat Deviancy. Why is it ever a good thing to have? I can't for the life of me figure out a situation where high Deviancy is good. (except for unlocking the one attack that requires 50%?)

In fact, when trying to train up a Forsaken's Hostility, I found high Deviancy actually got in the way! It actively hinders gaining Hostility% (low level training options are not giving any hostility, and high level training options they won't cooperate for)... So I must be missing something important here, since the guide advertises being able to train a forsaken without it gaining corruption % as a good thing somehow?

Mar 11, 2021
the guide advertises being able to train a forsaken without it gaining corruption % as a good thing somehow?
you wanna train a forsaken to deal, I dunno, more shame and disgust damage, but don't wanna give her even more disgrace cause that'd weaken her more. just an example off the top of my head, I'm not a mechanics guru like half the other people here

3.80 star(s) 55 Votes