1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
The protag is effectively sexless. But, you can create male, female, or futa bodies to interact with the chosen and forsaken with. As for the chosen themselves, they can be male, female, or futa initially, depending on your settings. Although even male chosen end up being written like traps rather than masculine men. But one of the main aspects of the game is that breaking certain vulnerabilities can change a chosen's sex, though you can change/disable that aspect in the settings.
In this case, I believe it would work better as playing as female protag correct?

I don't have nothing against futa btw, just personallt not my cup of tea sexually.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for ignorance, but it says futa/trans, but not protagonist. The protag is a futa, or the tag is simply mentioning the game has that content?
From game intro:

-----------------
Japan, mid-21st century. The psychic energies of humanity have finally begun to coalesce into physical form. The resulting beings are known as Demons. Born from the base desires suppressed deep within the human mind, these creatures spread across the planet, leaving chaos and depravity in their wake.

But Demons do not represent the entirety of the human condition. The hopes and determination of humanity have also risen up, gathering in the bodies of a few Chosen warriors in order to grant them the power to fight the Demons. Although each of them was once an ordinary person, their new abilities place them at the center of the struggle for the soul of humanity.

You are a Demon Lord, the highest form of Demon, with your own mind and will, focused on the corruption of all that is good in the world. The Chosen are the keystone of humanity's resistance to your goal, but to simply kill them would be meaningless. Instead, shatter their notions of right and wrong, showing them the true darkness that hides within!
-----------------------

I think most of the time the form the Demon Lord takes isn't described, outside of battle or some scenes. Your Demon Lord can be thought of as an intelligent malevolent shadowy presence for most of the actions described in the game. But at various points, some incarnate forms are useful, like:
  • fuckzilla
  • a many-mouthed, many-tongued gibbering laughing floating head spouting insanities
  • a cyborg hacker who can proficiently wield its own wires as combat whips, while taking over world communication platforms
  • big dude with big dick built for fuckin'
  • a sentient vat of of acid, both the psychedelic kind and the dissolving kind, simultaneously
  • the costumes of the magical girls themselves
  • futa, if you want
I would say that if you're in the mood to play a singular character with a fixed appearance there are probably other games that better fit that style of play.

Reactions: 1tomadeira

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
Honestly I wouldnt be too concern on the demon lord's appearance in this game more if you like the gameplay loop. The demon lord's appearance plays a honestly minor role in the total aspect of the gameplay.

Reactions: 1tomadeira
Mar 11, 2021
has anyone else been able to distort justice yet? I wanna be sure my distortion just giving the usual demon trait was a single play problem and not "she doesn't have unique distortion traits yet"

Sparkfox

Jul 13, 2021
Is this a corruption game where you turn the heroines evil? I see photos for the characters which we can change, so does that mean they get a corrupted variant if you succeed?

Mar 11, 2021
Is this a corruption game where you turn the heroines evil? I see photos for the characters which we can change, so does that mean they get a corrupted variant if you succeed?
for given metrics of "evil" yes
as for the corrupted picture variants, depends who's image packs you download. base game doesn't really do it but some people making their own art for the girls will, like kalloi

Mar 11, 2021
something is definitely wrong with Splendor's trait upgrading
I finally beat victory in campaign mode after picking up splendor first, and it just kept forcing me to pick a new trait to upgrade until I got all her perks good versions after beating one boss
hey at least my game didn't crash this time!

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
Yes. You turn them into forsaken if you win final battle and make them to say "fall". If you want go a step further you can actually make your own chosen in the customization for campaign and their own folders for the chosen's pictures you choose for when Chosen (hero) and forsaken (corrupted).

Reactions: Sparkfox

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
The first thing I do after every game update is make sure I have your latest portrait pack so I'd definitely be interested in an easier way to track them.

Sorry for such a massive delay I was meaning to reply to you sooner but got busy with other life things haha
Anyways I'm interested in making a thread for my pack if enough people want it, I don't really know how many people use my pack since there are so many other options out there.

This is a good time to for me to annouce a sort of half-update patch I uploaded today. its nothing too crazy but it carries my theme of "corruption" well enough I suppose. There's also 3 new chosen characters to use! And they even have the new thrall variant that will be implemented in 1.4 for a variety of characters. On top of that Victory has a modified anger(forsaken) focus(forsaken+chosen), and neutral(chosen) expressions that make use of the animation support added to the portrait system awhile ago! Very simple things but considering its my first time animating something I think they turned out quite well!

EDIT: forgot to put the link to the download lmao

Jun 21, 2017
hi !
Just tried the game and it look promising, but despite reading quite a lot in game and here, I don't really understand how to progress.
I'm at day 39, still getting 3EE per turn, despite having one of my girl's with 10K+ on every single Trauma, 100K+ on some others, I read that you could get EE depending on unresolved trauma, am I doing something wrong ?
no matter how I try, I cant get to break any of my girls T2 trauma, I did some T1, but T2 seems impossible. example : I need to do a goal to do 1000 expo dmg to one of my girls but my maxed out commander, can reach max 450 on a good day using the expo dmg type...
Is there a comprehensive guide somewhere ? I found a day by day analysis but I will not take 10h of reading for a text H-game...

Mar 11, 2021
the way a friend suggested I learn the game is to turn on cheats (hit C in the options menu) and start experimenting from there, not as great as a real tutorial admittedly but experiments and experience definitely hammer the lessons in

icecoffee

May 30, 2017
hi !
Just tried the game and it look promising, but despite reading quite a lot in game and here, I don't really understand how to progress.
I'm at day 39, still getting 3EE per turn, despite having one of my girl's with 10K+ on every single Trauma, 100K+ on some others, I read that you could get EE depending on unresolved trauma, am I doing something wrong ?
no matter how I try, I cant get to break any of my girls T2 trauma, I did some T1, but T2 seems impossible. example : I need to do a goal to do 1000 expo dmg to one of my girls but my maxed out commander, can reach max 450 on a good day using the expo dmg type...
Is there a comprehensive guide somewhere ? I found a day by day analysis but I will not take 10h of reading for a text H-game...
This game is numbers and strategy heavy, if you are not willing to sit down and do some degree of reading and playtesting to understand the basic gameplay loop for yourself you are not going to be able to understand it. That being said, the two core lessons that you should takeaway from the guide is how to stack circumstance multipliers onto each other to maximize circumstance damage and the idea of damage cycling across multiple Chosen in order to maximize damage output.

The primary concepts for the former are that:
  1. Injury damage is the most useful internally for maximize circumstance damage output. Each stack inflicts a stacking x3 multiplier to all circumstance damage taken
  2. Hate damage is the second most useful, with each stack inflicting a x2 damage multiplier to all damage types (circumstance and trauma) and then a x4 for fear trauma specifically
  3. Pleasure damage is useful for opening up trauma stacks, thereby extending openings and allowing you to create longer surrounds, thereby minimizing the amount of extermination progress Chosen can make
  4. And most importantly, exposure damage multiplies the amount of damage other chosen take by x2 for every stack meaning that it is more useful to inflict damage on multiple Chosen at once instead of focusing down a single Chosen
Understanding the fourth concept is critical to understand the gameplay loop of damage cycling
  1. Because fear creates openings whenever a chosen is surrounded, all damage loops are inherently self sustaining once you are capable of putting two Chosen into overlapping surrounds. Commanders are primarily onto useful for jumpstarting reaction cycles, they are not useful without at least two uses and you can create a reaction cycle into an orgy once you have three because you are the tools necessary to sustain openings off your own generated circumstance damage. 4-5 opening commanders are largely overkill for loop 1 unless you are farming T4 breaks.
  2. At the start when you are aiming to break T2 vulnerabilities, you should focus down one girl and utilize a second girl in order to farm exposure damage, thereby applying another multiplier on top of her own internally generated circumstance multipliers. Later on, when you are aiming to do dual defilers, you should apply even amounts of circumstance damage so they can enter the same defiler state together. Later on, when you are aiming for orgies, you should aim to put 3 and so on.
  3. Once you have to tools to do so (Networked Consciousness, more vulnerability breaks), you should aim to minimize to amount of time a Chosen is not in a surround in so they make the least amount of extermination process possible. This is the primary reason pleasure damage is useful, by increasing the length of surrounds, the longer they are trapped in damage loops.
Once you understand why the standard opening is Pummel -> Grind -> Caress -> Humiliate, specifically the rationale behind why that order in paricular, you can tweak it in order to adjust for individual Chosen's vulnerabilities. Corrupted Saviors is fundamentally entirely a game about stacking multipliers. You need to figure out how to maximize these multipliers so that they engage into a feedback loop of increasing other multipliers, etc, etc. Once you understand this, the only limit to how much damage you are capable of inflicting in the extermination meter. On Loop 1, even with commanders only and no Forsaken, with good play you should be able to hit 10^12 levels of trauma damage in a single engagement by day 30 thanks to compounding multipliers.

I recommend reading the day by day guide section for day 11 and day 12 specifically. After this, if you still do not understand how to break T2 vulnerabilities, you will likely need more substantial levels of assistance than any text guide can offer.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
hi !
These might help you:

General early game guide

Basic mechanics/stats/modifier guide

Reactions: TriggerStrider1

rocketdefend

Sep 25, 2019
Judgment seems to be doing something before she appears (this is loop 1 of the run), and the thing she's doing seems to be bugged in itself:
- Neutron is Temptation-distortion with T3 innocence & dignity breaks
- After a fight, a message about Judgment "keeping the team together" occurs in the EE-generation, saying Neutron has less than 1T DISG (though she does, in fact, have 400T unresolved)
- She has the INN and DIG T3 breaks still, and if you go directly into another fight she does still use Fantasize.
- However, if you save and reload, the INN T3 seems to un-break itself; she won't use Fantasize in the next fight, and you'll get the "if you arouse her she'll do stuff" again (and then in the fight after you can break the T3 again, at which point you get another Judgment text)

zaxzax642

May 23, 2020
can someone help me why my Corrupted savior doesnt show display and cant import save ?
did the jar got error or its my pc win10 lack of something?

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
They only escape when they have no Tier 4 breaks, right? I haven't looked at the code for this, but I know if they have a T4 CON break, they kill themselves (and can come back as Undead? Or is that only when they're killed by another Chosen? Not sure) and if they have a T4 MOR break, they're imprisoned by the military (presumably gone for the game?) I've never actually let one that only had T4 INN or T4 DIG survive so I'm not sure what happens there.
The conditions for them to be able to come back as Undead are the mostly the same as the conditions for them to return after escaping the final battle: they need to have no T4 Breaks. On top of that, there need to be no other Chosen who escaped from that final battle.
Does the lower energy cost punisher work on Rampage forsaken?
It does, but rather than allowing you to deploy them for less than your total energy, it instead makes them stronger as if you had more energy.
Sorry if unclear.
I was talking about generic chosen not customizing the boss chosen. Meant that once the boss updates are done I see more customizing the generic chosen being more valuable than scenes as it allows for more replayability and then doing more individual events
Yes, replayability has always been a main priority of mine.
CSdev Very small bug (or maybe just a misstatement of the warp objective?)

Loop 11's Alternative route, if you beat Splendor first (from campaign map.txt)

But, the alternative route doesn't actually unlock until you start the next day with combat, which is mechanically the same (you can't do Trauma damage anywhere from the Upgrades screen so there's no way to lock yourself out of it), but caused me to be a bit frantic trying to discover why I wasn't meeting the warp condition, since the text didn't appear.

This can be corrected by either changing the campaign map.txt file to correctly state "The Devil Chosen must end start a day with an ally ANGST damage modifier at or beyond -120, before having 100M of any type of unresolved Trauma"

OR

you can move the check for this condition to just after the Downtime action. Obviously changing the text file would be easier.

saves.sav for verification of first bug:
Thanks for the bug report. This could actually cause some major problems when Angel Chosen's trauma absorption ability was involved, since you'd go back to falling short of the condition by the time it got checked again on the next day. I've changed around the order of operations for downtime processing so that it works as you'd expect in R56.
Just ran into something else, please let me know if you need the step-by-step to reproduce it. I didn't get the +100 EE from first time Tempt. Note in this group of attached save files, the Devil Hunger has been tempted exactly once (bringing her next Tempt requirement to 35k) but there are far too few upgrades purchased or EE lost to Undead to account for the missing +100EE. This one's attached as "missingee"--I remember seeing the tempted notification, I thought I saw the +100EE message as well. If I had to hazard a guess it might have something to do with the radio show scripted event happening during that same downtime (though it might relate to the Castigation ability too, but that shouldn't matter since it was the Devil that was Tempted).
I agree that your save file's situation is weird, but I wasn't able to replicate the issue on my end, so I'm not quite sure what happened. I'll do some Tempting in my next playtest and see if I can make it happen myself.
TLDR at bottom.

Finally finished my first game, as a reward I have a whole new system to master, why is this game more complicated than my aunts knitting projects?

Anyway, my attempts to understand Forsaken stats from the text guides have left me completely confused on why I want each stat to be high or low, so I'm making notes.

Hopefully in my attempts to make sense of the basics of this Forsaken system I'll discover some strategy somewhere. And if not, in the case it might help someone else (or prompt someone else to help me), I'll put my ramblings here.

First up on the stats for me to make sense of: Hostility:

HostilityDeployment CostDeployments until Tantrum (from 100% Motivation)
0%​
50%​
2,00​
10%​
38%​
2,37​
20%​
29%​
2,76​
30%​
23%​
3,04​
40%​
20%​
3,00​
50%​
18%​
2,78​
60%​
16%​
2,50​
70%​
14%​
2,14​
80%​
12%​
1,67​
90%​
11%​
0,91​
100%​
10%​
0,00​
View attachment 3867206
Looks like the main benefit from Hostility is that it cuts down on Motivation Costs.

Two takeaways from this chart are: It is completely pointless to have Hostility below 30%, and that going too high on Hostility has diminishing returns, with >80% being completely non-viable due to not being able to deploy them at all anymore, despite the reduction in Deployment Cost.

As far as I'm aware there is no easy way to increase motivation gains, so as high Hostility as is practical to get, until 70-80% seems the way to go. In my eyes cutting down 25% on Deployment Cost is more valuable than being able to deploy them a third time before they tantrum.

So how bad are these tantrums anyway?
The reference warns us of a Motivation Damage Divisor, that reduces from 22 at 0% motivation all the way down to 2! at 100% hostility. Scary! So I drew up a really haphazard graph to see how much % Motivation damage that actually amounts to when you drop below your 'Hostility threshold'. There probably is a way better way to represent this data, but I'm really amateur so bear with me here:

View attachment 3867421

Looks like my worries were entirely unfounded. Yes, at higher Hostility levels you get the option to keep spamming a forsaken until they do crazy Motivation Damage in a super-tantrum, but realistically speaking that only happens if you do it on purpose - and even then - at 80% hostility you get a tantrum that does a measly 16.7% motivation damage. Even Amazon workers have more effective strikes! Besides, you only get the option to push them that far if they are high Hostility in the first place, at low Hostility you are forced to stop deploying them due to increased Deployment Costs anyway, so the option to deploy until they drop is less viable. The median of all tantrums between 30 and 80 Hostility is 7% damage.

So, if we're going to do reasonably-sized tantrums on purpose, just check in with your other minions to see if they can handle a 7% Motivation hit without causing a chain reaction. Then deploy the Forsaken a time or two too many, and be at ease knowing they'll blow their lid with zero real consequences.

While the median of 7% damage per tantrum with reasonable misuse is a great guideline... Let's go hog wild and explore this tangent: Could a strategy of maximum exploitation be viable? Since a Forsaken throwing a tantrum resets their motivation to 100%... Here's a table of the theoretical maximum amount of damage a Forsaken can do with a tantrum that is the result of deploying them 24/7 until the game literally stops you from doing so:

HostilityMax Tantrum Damage
30%​
6,3%​
40%​
7,1%​
50%​
8,3%​
60%​
10,0%​
70%​
12,5%​
80%​
16,7%​

So, is an OSHA-decried, perma-deployed max tantrum strategy viable? With a limited roster: probably yes! If your roster grows large enough then this will become impossible to execute. Assuming the rest of your roster is around 30% Hostility so they don't get in the way, how many high Hostility Forsaken can be a part of this terrible loop? The answer is: as many Forsaken as the amount of Tantrums you can get away with:

HostilityTantrums you can get away with before chain reaction
30%​
11,2​
40%​
8,4​
50%​
6,0​
60%​
4,0​
70%​
2,4​
80%​
1,2​

The funny thing is that this actually translates to less Deployments overall the higher Hostility your tantrumees are, but you do get more deployments out of a single Forsaken with a higher Hostility before their inevitable tantrum, so it's a wash as to which is more useful. Ultimately, going for 60-70 Hostility early on will allow for pivoting away from this short-term and counterintuitive strategy, to a more sustainable cost-reduction and small tantrum plan, that allows for a bigger roster.

Last thing to keep in mind, and another point for high-Hostility builds: you need at least 35% Hostility for Penetrate (MOR) Defilers. and 50% Hostility for Impregnation Punisher.

TLDR:
  • Never go below 30% Hostility. Ideally, aim for 40%+
  • Build Forsaken with around 70% Hostility to cut down on Deployment Costs without completely gimping them.
  • You can ignore most of the Tantrum mechanic as long as you keep a 7% safety margin of Motivation for the other Forsaken. Feel free to send out a Forsaken one or two too many times, the rest won't mind too much.
  • 35%+ Hostility is required for Penetration, 50%+ for Impregnation.

• Very early game you can build into deploying forsaken repeatedly beyond their limits, for instance: two 70% Hostility forsaken: while one is throwing a tantrum the other can keep deploying for 6 days straight, never having to stop since motivation resets to 100% on every tantrum. This strategy is most likely very not viable long term.

PS: What the hell, this is only one of four base stats. I'm too tired to explore the other three in detail right now so I'll come back to this later. I wonder what was going through CSDev's head when they designed this.
CSDev, look at what you've done
Look at what you've unleashed!

It is upon us! The Age of Graph is nigh!
I always really enjoy seeing this kind of analysis.
Is there a way for me to take the virginity of a Tempted chosen without breaking the distortion? Or do I have to pop their cherries, let them escape, and then Tempt them in another loop if/when they return?
You can still take their virginity by meeting them in private, although they might require a lot of PLEA before you can get them to allow it.
Found a small bug on version 55 (from dev website, still not uploaded here yet.) Looks like when selecting the despair distortion plan, it only adds the restriction marks (~) to the visible chosen's current breaks. So if you only have two chosen revealed at the time, they'll have the mark under their T4 MOR and INN breaks, but once the third pops in they won't have the mark until you reselect the distortion plan.
This might be a bit weird, but it is intentional that you can set some Chosen to Despair while others are put on other Distortions (or no Distortion at all).
It like to suggest a change to how items work. The goal, to give players more choices.

Instead of having an item given for no explained reason every odd loop, instead give players access to a shop with the same number of items.

You can chose what items to buy, or if you want to save your influence for a more expensive item later, or if you have enough influence, buy more then one item, you can even let people sell item for 1/2 it's selling price.

The main inspiration to this came from playing "Slay the Spire" and seeing how it handled items.
My concern here would be that, past a certain point, giving players more choices can actually result in a reduction in the variance between playthroughs. It's not ideal for every run to be based around the same few items. The random item selection is meant to offer interesting dilemmas for which strategies you should use from run to run.
I had the same issue, any Demon Knight causes the game to crash:
saves.sav
(Slot 1 - named Rampage-crash)

(Slot 1 again. I don't know how to trim these saves.)

I will add that I cheated the crap out of these runs so I'm not super surprised I broke something. But the ONLY cheat I used with the Forsaken was Restore - refill energy&willpower. I also used +Evil energy, All Upgrades, and All Items. However, the rampage-crash occurs on new loops before I boosted my Evil Energy, so the amount doesn't seem to be causing it.
I'm not sure what was causing this, but your save seems to be working fine on R56.
playing on single-play mode as always, I was able to tempt Judgment but she doesn't seem to have a unique distortion trait, just the usual devil distortion trait.
Boss Chosen are tracked separately between saves, which means that the only way to see their Forsaken abilities in single play mode is to continue playing past the final battle and use them against themselves. This is something I'd like to improve at some point soon.
something is definitely wrong with Splendor's trait upgrading
I finally beat victory in campaign mode after picking up splendor first, and it just kept forcing me to pick a new trait to upgrade until I got all her perks good versions after beating one boss
hey at least my game didn't crash this time!
Thanks for the bug report - this is fixed in R56c, which has been uploaded both to my blog and to my SubscribeStar.
Judgment seems to be doing something before she appears (this is loop 1 of the run), and the thing she's doing seems to be bugged in itself:
- Neutron is Temptation-distortion with T3 innocence & dignity breaks
- After a fight, a message about Judgment "keeping the team together" occurs in the EE-generation, saying Neutron has less than 1T DISG (though she does, in fact, have 400T unresolved)
- She has the INN and DIG T3 breaks still, and if you go directly into another fight she does still use Fantasize.
- However, if you save and reload, the INN T3 seems to un-break itself; she won't use Fantasize in the next fight, and you'll get the "if you arouse her she'll do stuff" again (and then in the fight after you can break the T3 again, at which point you get another Judgment text)
Thanks for the bug report. I'll edit this post once I'm done uploading the fix. (Edit: R56d is up, !)
can someone help me why my Corrupted savior doesnt show display and cant import save ?
did the jar got error or its my pc win10 lack of something?
You should be able to move a save over to the latest version by just putting your saves.sav file in the new version's folder. If your game won't start when you do that, then you can upload the saves.sav file and I'll take a look.

Last edited:

zaxzax642

May 23, 2020
The conditions for them to be able to come back as Undead are the mostly the same as the conditions for them to return after escaping the final battle: they need to have no T4 Breaks. On top of that, there need to be no other Chosen who escaped from that final battle.

It does, but rather than allowing you to deploy them for less than your total energy, it instead makes them stronger as if you had more energy.

Yes, replayability has always been a main priority of mine.

Thanks for the bug report. This could actually cause some major problems when Angel Chosen's trauma absorption ability was involved, since you'd go back to falling short of the condition by the time it got checked again on the next day. I've changed around the order of operations for downtime processing so that it works as you'd expect in R56.

I agree that your save file's situation is weird, but I wasn't able to replicate the issue on my end, so I'm not quite sure what happened. I'll do some Tempting in my next playtest and see if I can make it happen myself.

I always really enjoy seeing this kind of analysis.

You can still take their virginity by meeting them in private, although they might require a lot of PLEA before you can get them to allow it.

This might be a bit weird, but it is intentional that you can set some Chosen to Despair while others are put on other Distortions (or no Distortion at all).

My concern here would be that, past a certain point, giving players more choices can actually result in a reduction in the variance between playthroughs. It's not ideal for every run to be based around the same few items. The random item selection is meant to offer interesting dilemmas for which strategies you should use from run to run.

I'm not sure what was causing this, but your save seems to be working fine on R56.

Boss Chosen are tracked separately between saves, which means that the only way to see their Forsaken abilities in single play mode is to continue playing past the final battle and use them against themselves. This is something I'd like to improve at some point soon.

Thanks for the bug report - this is fixed in R56c, which has been uploaded both to my blog and to my SubscribeStar.

Thanks for the bug report. I'll edit this post once I'm done uploading the fix. (Edit: R56d is up, come and get it!)

You should be able to move a save over to the latest version by just putting your saves.sav file in the new version's folder. If your game won't start when you do that, then you can upload the saves.sav file and I'll take a look.
where the save file dir?
i dont see any save file inside the game file
edit: NVM i figured it out and solved it

Last edited:

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
I read Skippy's downtime explanation on his excellent wiki but I still don't quite understand what's going on here or how to fix it. I was getting 15 EE per day (five each) and then I got Pain and Triumph's T3 Dignity breaks. Since then, they all spend downtime together and I only get 6 EE. Is this a negative consequence of them all being close friends? Is there anything I can do other than break Hope's Dignity (which I don't want)? Right before this screenshot, I put Hope and Triumph in a several turn Inseminate+ and they still decided to work off Shame afterwards.

Greater Sins.png

3.80 star(s) 55 Votes