Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I wonder if Sentai-like heroines will be implemented (yes i am aware they are magical girls but we did have wizard rangers & kamen riders before)
While a whole 5-7 person sentai squad isn't very likely to be implemented unless someone does so once the source code is released, however I think its very possible to make a sentai-styled roster of custom chosen that fit that theme and with the recent features you could even lock in specific teams in order to keep your theming on point. With the custom clothing descriptions and even color text changes you could make something really worthwhile, and I think a lot of people on the forum wouldn't mind giving it a go too :D

a way to to put a gender to your commanders, like futanari stallion demon or even your avatar on the battlefield.
Usually commander are just commanders. You could customize demon lord when you meet them. But otherwise not really. You don't actually meet them on the battlefield more of a commander than a fighter.
I won't go too much into detail since it's quite a ways away but CSdev and I have discussed alternate commander types and a humanoid demon lord commander type. The first thing to be introduced would be the alternate commander type system, after that is implemented I think CSDev would be more than happy to accept commissions for other commander alterations. You can send him a message over on susbcribestar if youre interested!

Once again these things likely won't be implemented for a while if I remember what's on the commission queue currently

Jakethesnake197

Jan 17, 2022
TLDR at bottom.

Finally finished my first game, as a reward I have a whole new system to master, why is this game more complicated than my aunts knitting projects?

Anyway, my attempts to understand Forsaken stats from the text guides have left me completely confused on why I want each stat to be high or low, so I'm making notes.

Hopefully in my attempts to make sense of the basics of this Forsaken system I'll discover some strategy somewhere. And if not, in the case it might help someone else (or prompt someone else to help me), I'll put my ramblings here.

First up on the stats for me to make sense of: Hostility:

HostilityDeployment CostDeployments until Tantrum (from 100% Motivation)
0%​
50%​
2,00​
10%​
38%​
2,37​
20%​
29%​
2,76​
30%​
23%​
3,04​
40%​
20%​
3,00​
50%​
18%​
2,78​
60%​
16%​
2,50​
70%​
14%​
2,14​
80%​
12%​
1,67​
90%​
11%​
0,91​
100%​
10%​
0,00​
1721939747381.png
Looks like the main benefit from Hostility is that it cuts down on Motivation Costs.

Two takeaways from this chart are: It is completely pointless to have Hostility below 30%, and that going too high on Hostility has diminishing returns, with >80% being completely non-viable due to not being able to deploy them at all anymore, despite the reduction in Deployment Cost.

As far as I'm aware there is no easy way to increase motivation gains, so as high Hostility as is practical to get, until 70-80% seems the way to go. In my eyes cutting down 25% on Deployment Cost is more valuable than being able to deploy them a third time before they tantrum.

So how bad are these tantrums anyway?
The reference warns us of a Motivation Damage Divisor, that reduces from 22 at 0% motivation all the way down to 2! at 100% hostility. Scary! So I drew up a really haphazard graph to see how much % Motivation damage that actually amounts to when you drop below your 'Hostility threshold'. There probably is a way better way to represent this data, but I'm really amateur so bear with me here:

1721944523638.png

Looks like my worries were entirely unfounded. Yes, at higher Hostility levels you get the option to keep spamming a forsaken until they do crazy Motivation Damage in a super-tantrum, but realistically speaking that only happens if you do it on purpose - and even then - at 80% hostility you get a tantrum that does a measly 16.7% motivation damage. Even Amazon workers have more effective strikes! Besides, you only get the option to push them that far if they are high Hostility in the first place, at low Hostility you are forced to stop deploying them due to increased Deployment Costs anyway, so the option to deploy until they drop is less viable. The median of all tantrums between 30 and 80 Hostility is 7% damage.

So, if we're going to do reasonably-sized tantrums on purpose, just check in with your other minions to see if they can handle a 7% Motivation hit without causing a chain reaction. Then deploy the Forsaken a time or two too many, and be at ease knowing they'll blow their lid with zero real consequences.

While the median of 7% damage per tantrum with reasonable misuse is a great guideline... Let's go hog wild and explore this tangent: Could a strategy of maximum exploitation be viable? Since a Forsaken throwing a tantrum resets their motivation to 100%... Here's a table of the theoretical maximum amount of damage a Forsaken can do with a tantrum that is the result of deploying them 24/7 until the game literally stops you from doing so:

HostilityMax Tantrum Damage
30%​
6,3%​
40%​
7,1%​
50%​
8,3%​
60%​
10,0%​
70%​
12,5%​
80%​
16,7%​

So, is an OSHA-decried, perma-deployed max tantrum strategy viable? With a limited roster: probably yes! If your roster grows large enough then this will become impossible to execute. Assuming the rest of your roster is around 30% Hostility so they don't get in the way, how many high Hostility Forsaken can be a part of this terrible loop? The answer is: as many Forsaken as the amount of Tantrums you can get away with:

HostilityTantrums you can get away with before chain reaction
30%​
11,2​
40%​
8,4​
50%​
6,0​
60%​
4,0​
70%​
2,4​
80%​
1,2​

The funny thing is that this actually translates to less Deployments overall the higher Hostility your tantrumees are, but you do get more deployments out of a single Forsaken with a higher Hostility before their inevitable tantrum, so it's a wash as to which is more useful. Ultimately, going for 60-70 Hostility early on will allow for pivoting away from this short-term and counterintuitive strategy, to a more sustainable cost-reduction and small tantrum plan, that allows for a bigger roster.

Last thing to keep in mind, and another point for high-Hostility builds: you need at least 35% Hostility for Penetrate (MOR) Defilers. and 50% Hostility for Impregnation Punisher.

TLDR:
  • Never go below 30% Hostility. Ideally, aim for 40%+
  • Build Forsaken with around 70% Hostility to cut down on Deployment Costs without completely gimping them.
  • You can ignore most of the Tantrum mechanic as long as you keep a 7% safety margin of Motivation for the other Forsaken. Feel free to send out a Forsaken one or two too many times, the rest won't mind too much.
  • 35%+ Hostility is required for Penetration, 50%+ for Impregnation.

• Very early game you can build into deploying forsaken repeatedly beyond their limits, for instance: two 70% Hostility forsaken: while one is throwing a tantrum the other can keep deploying for 6 days straight, never having to stop since motivation resets to 100% on every tantrum. This strategy is most likely very not viable long term.

PS: What the hell, this is only one of four base stats. I'm too tired to explore the other three in detail right now so I'll come back to this later. I wonder what was going through CSDev's head when they designed this.

Last edited:

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Is there an easier way to find out when Kalloi updates their pack other than scanning through the more recent posts here every so often? Honestly my favorite art pack for non-custom chosen so I'm looking forward to the next update.
Sorry for such a massive delay I was meaning to reply to you sooner but got busy with other life things haha
Anyways I'm interested in making a thread for my pack if enough people want it, I don't really know how many people use my pack since there are so many other options out there.

This is a good time to for me to annouce a sort of half-update patch I uploaded today. its nothing too crazy but it carries my theme of "corruption" well enough I suppose. There's also 3 new chosen characters to use! And they even have the new thrall variant that will be implemented in 1.4 for a variety of characters. On top of that Victory has a modified anger(forsaken) focus(forsaken+chosen), and neutral(chosen) expressions that make use of the animation support added to the portrait system awhile ago! Very simple things but considering its my first time animating something I think they turned out quite well!

EDIT: forgot to put the link to the download lmao

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Overall my plan going forward with chosen animations is to use them sparingly and only for boss chosen. The compression the game does quite a number on the art which is okay for these expressions that have a sort of aura to them but not as much for normal expressions. Hopefully as I get better I can do more sophisticated animations :D

I wish I could upload more but frankly its due to progress being WIP and not rendered yet. A lot of the older character designs are getting a facelift, partly because I am far more experienced than when I made some and partly because I want to cut down on the "same face syndrome" my pack has due to me originally reusing some assets. Steadfast and Royal has gotten this treatment as well as Triumph, Stigma, and Paladin.

Faith even got some expressions reworked along with a new outfit to match the priestly robes she typically is generated in, along with a more corrupted variant as you progress in the loop ;)
She isn't the only one to get revamped outfit though Most of the aforementioned chosen are getting new default outfits!
The changelog is mostly completed even though I haven't actually finished what is listed there yet its more or less what will be in the 1.4 release

And to cap it all off I'm revamping some of my custom scenarios, starting with the resplendent tones. Since all of the distortions have been implemented I have a good idea of what I want some scenarios to be. And as such its easier to expand and do some neat things like outfits specific to the scenario characters and special variants tied to the scenarios. I was also inspired by Chekov's lore for some of his custom teams so I'd like to do something simliar but in my own unique way so look forward to that. I probably will wait to completely finish things once all 3 negotiation morality chains are completed though. For now though you can look at their new outfits that use my default magical girl outfit as a base:

This team also has a special corrupted version to use towards the end of the loop as well!

And finally; a look at their forsaken forms, enhanced by the power of negotiation.

This was supposed to be a short post announcing the patch but I guess I got a little too excited haha, anyways hope you look forward to the full release! . . . at some point in the future. I might release one or two more patch containing work on Judgement, Love and Reign since they're being release soon but we will see

Oh! and here's a little extra bonus, I drew Azure and Scarlet in two bunny girl outfits using poses from a artist I'm subscribed to on patreon, these characters have these outfits to use in the game as well so I guess it helps with the imagination, I hope you all enjoy! :D

Last edited:

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Finally finished my first game, as a reward I have a whole new system to master, why is this game more complicated than my aunts knitting projects?

PS: What the hell, this is only one of four base stats. I'm too tired to explore the other three in detail right now so I'll come back to this later. I wonder what was going through CSDev's head when they designed this.
You may be interested in my derivative analysis of disgrace breakpoints.

https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-saviors-release-54-csdev.63932/post-10463058

Reactions: Jakethesnake197

PetrusSanctus

Aug 5, 2019
Sorry for such a massive delay I was meaning to reply to you sooner but got busy with other life things haha
Anyways I'm interested in making a thread for my pack if enough people want it, I don't really know how many people use my pack since there are so many other options out there.

This is a good time to for me to annouce a sort of half-update patch I uploaded today. its nothing too crazy but it carries my theme of "corruption" well enough I suppose. There's also 3 new chosen characters to use! And they even have the new thrall variant that will be implemented in 1.4 for a variety of characters. On top of that Victory has a modified anger(forsaken) focus(forsaken+chosen), and neutral(chosen) expressions that make use of the animation support added to the portrait system awhile ago! Very simple things but considering its my first time animating something I think they turned out quite well!

EDIT: forgot to put the link to the download lmao
8y7y3t.jpg Otherwise this looks fucking great, nice work Kalloi, your skill have definitely improved.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kalloi

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a way for me to take the virginity of a Tempted chosen without breaking the distortion? Or do I have to pop their cherries, let them escape, and then Tempt them in another loop if/when they return?

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Found a small bug on version 55 (from dev website, still not uploaded here yet.) Looks like when selecting the despair distortion plan, it only adds the restriction marks (~) to the visible chosen's current breaks. So if you only have two chosen revealed at the time, they'll have the mark under their T4 MOR and INN breaks, but once the third pops in they won't have the mark until you reselect the distortion plan.

Omicronzeta

Nov 14, 2017
It like to suggest a change to how items work. The goal, to give players more choices.

Instead of having an item given for no explained reason every odd loop, instead give players access to a shop with the same number of items.

You can chose what items to buy, or if you want to save your influence for a more expensive item later, or if you have enough influence, buy more then one item, you can even let people sell item for 1/2 it's selling price.

The main inspiration to this came from playing "Slay the Spire" and seeing how it handled items.

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
It like to suggest a change to how items work. The goal, to give players more choices.

Instead of having an item given for no explained reason every odd loop, instead give players access to a shop with the same number of items.

You can chose what items to buy, or if you want to save your influence for a more expensive item later, or if you have enough influence, buy more then one item, you can even let people sell item for 1/2 it's selling price.

The main inspiration to this came from playing "Slay the Spire" and seeing how it handled items.
I actually disagree. The purpose of the items is to be a a nice benefit, but also allowing people to get more influence by picking harder loops or actively skipping loops. I actually think a shop would actively require a balancing patch for them and also allowing for saving influence goes against the purpose of what CSDEV is doing. As they are now they're nice bonuses, but you aren't "specing" into them like slay the spire how having certain relics. The reality of your statement is that you're going skip out on all the "crap items" and then buy the good items instead of thinking early game loop items, mid game, late game items.

LewdNayshin

Sep 19, 2017
It's written in java right, so it should run on anything that can install the JVM.
I tried using J2ME loader, it didn't work, I searched online and some people said you gotta convert the .jar file of the game into an .APK file extension, idk man shit is confusing

Omicronzeta

Nov 14, 2017
I actually disagree. The purpose of the items is to be a a nice benefit, but also allowing people to get more influence by picking harder loops or actively skipping loops. I actually think a shop would actively require a balancing patch for them and also allowing for saving influence goes against the purpose of what CSDEV is doing. As they are now they're nice bonuses, but you aren't "specing" into them like slay the spire how having certain relics. The reality of your statement is that you're going skip out on all the "crap items" and then buy the good items instead of thinking early game loop items, mid game, late game items.
That's one possible strategy I was thinking more of buying a lot of the cheaper items early as if I fail it is usaly in cities 3-5 before i get good forsaken.

NoMoreNever

Dec 31, 2021
Does anyone have an idea how to run this on Android? Or if it's even possible? Maybe with an Emulator?
I'm playing this on Android by running a Linux emulator with my phone using Andronix and Termux.

Can anyone explain Wisdom's pantsu to me? And is it worth picking up compared to the Egregore stabilizer?

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
I tried using J2ME loader, it didn't work, I searched online and some people said you gotta convert the .jar file of the game into an .APK file extension, idk man shit is confusing
Have you tried an 'emulator' app that just bundles the JVM into something you can easily install? There should be a few available.

CamilIa

Nov 9, 2021
Best drop a save for us to see. Never had that happen before.
I had the same issue, any Demon Knight causes the game to crash:
saves.sav
(Slot 1 - named Rampage-crash)

(Slot 1 again. I don't know how to trim these saves.)

I will add that I cheated the crap out of these runs so I'm not super surprised I broke something. But the ONLY cheat I used with the Forsaken was Restore - refill energy&willpower. I also used +Evil energy, All Upgrades, and All Items. However, the rampage-crash occurs on new loops before I boosted my Evil Energy, so the amount doesn't seem to be causing it.

Last edited:

LewdNayshin

Sep 19, 2017
I'm playing this on Android by running a Linux emulator with my phone using Andronix and Termux.

Can anyone explain Wisdom's pantsu to me? And is it worth picking up compared to the Egregore stabilizer?
Linux emulator on Android? Holy fuck why didn't I think of it, that's the most easiest and lightest emulator compared the windows one which I was having doubts, I will most definitely try it, can you lead me to what you use or recommendations? Thanks! :D

3.80 star(s) 55 Votes