dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Isn't the 10k inju better? I usually find that stat harder to break as core vulnerability
Probably depends on how you use it? Rather than using it to break a T2 vulnerability, The can let's you get deal a lot of trauma damage, and you can easily get 5-8 turn surrounds on day 1. Which means your first day takes longer, so the other chosen spawn in sooner. Plus you'll be generating 2 EE immediately from your initial target, potentially even 5. And getting an extra +1 EE per day let's you scale rather quickly. And if your target had core INN, then you'll get a burst of EE once the other chosen pop in.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
What's the best starting item?
Tomorrow's Newspaper, it cuts out on a number of the upgrades you need to buy early letting you reach major powers spikes a lot earlier. For example without it to reach 4-2 commanders you need to buy every 1 and 2 cost upgrade, meanwhile with Tomorrow's Newspaper you only really need to buy the 1 cost upgrades and the 2 cost upgrades for increasing evacuation/extermination times, allowing you to deploy your first 4-2 several days earlier. It lets you hyper focus on getting the important upgrades like Networked Consciousness, and once you have those upgrades and all the evacuation/extermination upgrades you basically don't need to bother with upgrades at all and can funnel all your EE into powerful Commanders as the remaining upgrades are just commander upgrades that you can hold off on until you need to grab the Final Battle upgrades and Imago Quickening (as with Tomorrow's Newspaper even with relatively unskilled play you should be ready for the Final Battle well before Day 50).

Though after Tomorrow's Newspaper I would say the single use items are the second best as a free unconditional T2 Break every loop is pretty useful, though considering you still need to build up trauma for the +5 EE generation it's a bit less useful than the upgrade skipping of Tomorrow's Newspaper.

Unicorn Lard is third best, but only really cause the rest suck, as Lard only really has any use in the early loops for forcing Chosen to arrive earlier, and for building up extra EE in the latter days where you already have T2 EE production and are just waiting for upgrades to set up an Orgy and T3 Breaks. However this is only an early loop benefit as in later loops you'll be able to open up loops with heavy enough attacks to force Chosen to appear early anyways, and the loops are too short with far too high trauma resolution to be able to afford skipping days.

Inferno Pepper I'd say is fourth best, in the early loops the amount of EE you get is pretty inconsequential so you wont be all that much stronger for it, and if you're late enough in the loops for it to be giving a decent amount of EE you're probably good enough at the game that even without it you probably aren't all that worried about EE generation. At best in early loops it enables the interesting strategy of using 1 cost commands since they're effectively free with Inferno Pepper, but that's really a scrapping the bottom of the barrel strategy compared to Newspaper, the consumables, and Lard. Though it's at least comparatively better than Inevitability.

Now last and certainly least, Inevitability. The extra damage can be nice in the middle days of the early loops when you have T2 Breaks and max EE generation and are just waiting for upgrades to get an Orgy/T3 Breaks, as it lets you get surrounds where you otherwise wouldn't like getting surrounds on the third Chosen, but most of the time this is relatively inconsequential extra damage. Though sometimes you can use this to get an early orgy and T3 Break. Though like Lard's early usefulness in forcing Chosen to appear early, the damage from Inevitability falls out of usefulness in latter loops where you have enough damage output that Inevitability is wasteful overkill.

Reactions: NiftyFree

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Though after Tomorrow's Newspaper I would say the single use items are the second best as a free unconditional T2 Break every loop is pretty useful, though considering you still need to build up trauma for the +5 EE generation it's a bit less useful than the upgrade skipping of Tomorrow's Newspaper.
I would add that I find that Orgasm in a Can is probably the best T2 break item. Mostly because getting a x9 trauma damage bonus does let you generate a lot of trauma, which can jump start your EE generation. It's rare, but it's possible you can get enough damage to start generating +5 EE. Combined that with the earlier chosen appearance from getting so many surround turns on day 1, plus the bonus EE from breaking multiple vulnerabilities so early in the loop, and it can snowball very quickly.

Still not quite as good as Tomorrow's Newspaper, but it's much better than the other T2 breaks.

Aureus10

May 10, 2018
Never played a game like this, so I'm having a bit of difficulty, but it's massively fun. Been doing a few quick play runs until I get the hang of it. Aside from what's listed in the guide doc, dos anyone have any tips?

Ydennek314

Sep 21, 2019
Posting my attempt at making an ai-generated image pack for the game. For the base 48 chosen in the game it has a set (including smug/used) for:

-Base Chosen/Civilian
-Animalistic Chosen
-Undead Chosen
-Angel Chosen
-Devil Chosen

Huge thanks to Contemplative Yearning for the ComfyUI workflow that they posted months ago. Definitely wouldn't have gotten this much done without it.
Contemplative Yearning ComfyUI Workflow Post

There's definitely some images that I wanna go back and touch up at some point, and I plan to add sets for the next two advanced species after they drop, but for now I'm satisfied enough with these to share them.

Heres some examples from the pack for mayhem's different sets

neutral.png neutral.png neutral.png
neutral.png neutral.png neutral.png

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Posting my attempt at making an ai-generated image pack for the game. For the base 48 chosen in the game it has a set (including smug/used) for:

-Base Chosen/Civilian
-Animalistic Chosen
-Undead Chosen
-Angel Chosen
-Devil Chosen

Debased Defenders Image Pack

Huge thanks to Contemplative Yearning for the ComfyUI workflow that they posted months ago. Definitely wouldn't have gotten this much done without it.
Contemplative Yearning ComfyUI Workflow Post

There's definitely some images that I wanna go back and touch up at some point, and I plan to add sets for the next two advanced species after they drop, but for now I'm satisfied enough with these to share them.
Damn, that's comprehensive. Looks good too! If you ever get forsaken versions in I think you'll have the biggest pack ever made.

Reactions: Ydennek314
Nov 9, 2022
There's definitely some images that I wanna go back and touch up at some point,
Oh, maybe this will help? I made a better version of the workflow recently that uses a custom node instead of the spaghetti I had before, so it just changes the face instead of doing a light pass on everything. Keeps backgrounds, clothes, and hair sharper, and lets you do more extreme changes to expressions if you need to.

Reactions: Ydennek314
Jul 14, 2018
If anyone wants to make a list of new portrait packs from pages 210-260, quote this post, post links to each post that presents them, and accompanying a link to their download location, and I'll update the post that collects all portrait packs.

Ydennek314

Sep 21, 2019
Oh, maybe this will help? I made a better version of the workflow recently that uses a custom node instead of the spaghetti I had before, so it just changes the face instead of doing a light pass on everything. Keeps backgrounds, clothes, and hair sharper, and lets you do more extreme changes to expressions if you need to.
Oh damn thanks! I'll definitely try this out. Haven't had much luck wrapping my head around comfyui enough to make any real modifications of my own beyond copy pasting an extra spot for used when I was generating my image sets.

Last edited:

NoMoreNever

Dec 31, 2021
Linux emulator on Android? Holy fuck why didn't I think of it, that's the most easiest and lightest emulator compared the windows one which I was having doubts, I will most definitely try it, can you lead me to what you use or recommendations? Thanks! :D
Andronix is the app used to install and run the Linux system in your phone.

is the link to Andronix's website. You can follow the steps or browse the documentation on how to set it up.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
New version out: Release 56

• Content: Added the Judgment boss fight to campaign mode after Splendor has been defeated.
  • Content: Added the Versus Judgment scenario to single play mode.
  • Content: Added Judgment's portraits to the default portrait pack.
  • Content: Added one new vignette.
  • Balance: The Psychographic Laboratory objective now grants 2 days' worth of your best Evil Energy generation (up from 1).
  • Balance: Victory is only immune to Resolve damage when she has no Breaks at all.
  • Balance: Boss Forsaken now have "Personal" compatibility with all Boss Chosen.
  • Balance: The trauma threshold for Chosen to be guaranteed to use the most-sinful-possible downtime action is reduced to 1 trillion.
  • Bugfix: Splendor will no longer use different logic for using Glorious Fatal Curse in campaign mode than in single play mode.
  • Bugfix: Chosen already on Distortion paths can no longer be indirectly set to the Despair Distortion plan.
  • Bugfix: Undead Chosen will now properly grant Evil Energy for T3 Core Breaks that happen in loops without relationship scenes.
  • Bugfix: Splendor will no longer spoil her allies' First Seal by using a weak Second Seal which immediately expires.
  • Bugfix: The conditions for unlocking the Devil Chosen warp route will now properly be calculated on the same day that the trauma is inflicted.
  • Bugfix: The Forsaken summary for the Unfocused combat style will no longer be blank.
  • Bugfix: Chosen who should start to Rampage with only 1 turn left in their Surround will no longer skip the Rampage and just act normally.
  • Bugfix: The Dimensional Kaleidoscope preview will now properly show all Distortion traits.
Direct link:

Other download links are at the game blog:

Reactions: fraazx
Mar 11, 2021
playing on single-play mode as always, I was able to tempt Judgment but she doesn't seem to have a unique distortion trait, just the usual devil distortion trait.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
is there an explanation of the UI somewhere? like what do the dotted lines mean next to their vulnerabilities?
The dotted lines next to Vulnerabilities signify how weak they are to that damage type, the more dots the weaker they are, if they have none then they'll take little to no damage to that vulnerability. Though ANGST will increase the damage you do by a flat amount, which allows you to do damage to damage types with no dots.

Reactions: RebirthBoi

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Sorry for ignorance, but it says futa/trans, but not protagonist. The protag is a futa, or the tag is simply mentioning the game has that content?

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Sorry for ignorance, but it says futa/trans, but not protagonist. The protag is a futa, or the tag is simply mentioning the game has that content?
The protag is effectively sexless. But, you can create male, female, or futa bodies to interact with the chosen and forsaken with. As for the chosen themselves, they can be male, female, or futa initially, depending on your settings. Although even male chosen end up being written like traps rather than masculine men. But one of the main aspects of the game is that breaking certain vulnerabilities can change a chosen's sex, though you can change/disable that aspect in the settings.

3.80 star(s) 55 Votes