SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you, great explanation (as far as I can tell because I haven't tried it out yet).

Follow up question:
What stats matter for a trainer?
If you mean the one that you use in the "Trainer" position--nothing matters there. Currently all Forsaken are equally good at doing the Trainer job. I just put one there that I don't often or ever use for combat, since the position doesn't regenerate stamina.

How good is rampage, I usually avoid it? I'm curious is there a use to them, it seems like it just forces you to use them or you basically get destroyed by motivation. I'm struggling to understand why I should try get them? I would assume they have low deviancy so they have high training value? But why would I not just spam like temptation undead or something. Seems like its hard also to even get multiple of them since u got use them or am i misunderstanding idle?
I like to make use of exactly 1 Rampant Forsaken. My preference is for her to be Undead so that I recoup 90% energy cost when she is deployed from the "Energy Raider" trait. There's a balance of abilities that I use to make her generally useful at each place in a loop--bonuses to Trauma so that she can deal enough damage to get Forsaken into 2EE downtimes, self-buffing Punisher breaks so that when I have lots of EE at the end of a loop she gets significant buffs, which leads to solid damage in the middle of a loop to 2 different stats.

Also what loop do you guys starting having to swap to forsaken? I'm trying to find a usage for forsaken when tomorrow's newspaper is so busted. I'm on Loop 7 and I usually can proc a temptation on like Turn 9. I usually just build up upgrades till day 7 where I get a 5 ee commander then nuke them for 30+ ee on day 8 and then nuke them again for a temptation. (also correct me if I'm wrong but isnt increasing innocence to higher break points just bad since it correlates with deviancy (exp value)
I've never tried to beat Victory (loop 10 or 15) without Forsaken but I'm pretty sure it's possible, though it could be difficult. You'll want some well-trained Forsaken for that fight especially if you want to get a Distortion on her. You'll also want Forsaken when you start going against Devil Chosen (loop 11 or 16 probably). You can't trigger most of their T3 moves without a Forsaken.

Personally I just like using them. Loop 1 I'll get 1 or 2 Forsaken that give a bonus to a Circumstance damage as their Punisher. Loop 3 (I skip Loop 2) I'll use those Punishers to set up the Superior Chosen. So I'll start using Forsaken in the damage-dealing portions of the loop on Loop 4 or 5 (depending on whether I skip Loop 4 or not; I usually do).

shiroineko

Jun 15, 2018
I am having a hard time inducing hate to my selected chosen. What would be a good strategy to get to the 100G mark? I can clock 1-2 G per engagement. Also how can I verify the current level of hate? I have no idea how close I am.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
I am having a hard time inducing hate to my selected chosen. What would be a good strategy to get to the 100G mark? I can clock 1-2 G per engagement. Also how can I verify the current level of hate? I have no idea how close I am.
If you have portraits with the stats side bar enabled, it will show the level of all traumas and circumstances on the right side of the window. If not when you click on them to attack them in a battle it'll show the breakdown of the levels and damage taken for each trauma and circumstance.

As for a good strategy to get to 100G HATE, kinda depends on the Chosen but I'll have to ask... why? Circumstance damage is irrelevant beyond the level 3 (10,000 damage) requirement for defilers. If you're asking with regards to the T4 Breaks, that's asking for 100G unresolved trauma, circumstance damage is irrelevant for that, so you're look for FEAR damage not HATE damage, also it's unresolved trauma so it's cumulative, you don't need to get 100G in a single fight. As for a strategy, just do orgies, those generate massive amounts of trauma.

shiroineko

Jun 15, 2018
If you have portraits with the stats side bar enabled, it will show the level of all traumas and circumstances on the right side of the window. If not when you click on them to attack them in a battle it'll show the breakdown of the levels and damage taken for each trauma and circumstance.

As for a good strategy to get to 100G HATE, kinda depends on the Chosen but I'll have to ask... why? Circumstance damage is irrelevant beyond the level 3 (10,000 damage) requirement for defilers. If you're asking with regards to the T4 Breaks, that's asking for 100G unresolved trauma, circumstance damage is irrelevant for that, so you're look for FEAR damage not HATE damage, also it's unresolved trauma so it's cumulative, you don't need to get 100G in a single fight. As for a strategy, just do orgies, those generate massive amounts of trauma.
I am trying to reach T4 for this chosen to progress in achievement. Orgies are out of the question since I do not want to fully break one of them that I have for Temptation.

I am an idiot, I just realized where the unresolved trauma is reported. I am not making progress despite my best effort.

1706048976808.png

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
I am trying to reach T4 for this chosen to progress in achievement. Orgies are out of the question since I do not want to fully break one of them that I have for Temptation.

I am an idiot, I just realized where the unresolved trauma is reported. I am not making progress despite my best effort.

View attachment 3290226

Question, what distortions do you have for all of your Chosen? Cause you can orgy without ruining distortions, as the orgy defiler does not cause any breaks, the only thing that causes a break is the Defiler and Defiler+ action. So if your other 2 Chosen can do a Defiler+ without ruining their distortions, then the Temptation Chosen can join them in an orgy without breaking the Distortion. But yeah, orgies or a very strong command is required to even get close to 100G in a reasonable amount of time.

shiroineko

Jun 15, 2018
What is the symbolism behind this anyways?

1706052348075.png

I get that it is from clear -> White -> Red... And not sure how characters progress... Can you max this?

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
What is the symbolism behind this anyways?

View attachment 3290314

I get that it is from clear -> White -> Red... And not sure how characters progress... Can you max this?
I want to say the symbols cap out at red highlight all #s, and if not I just haven't seen damage numbers higher than that. As for what the symbols mean, honestly I don't pay that much attention to them, they're just a visual representation of the same damage numbers the game has right next to it.

Reactions: Karnewarrior

EchoEater

Feb 15, 2018
Okay, I've got a weird corner case here. I have a small percentage for male and futanari chosen in my campaign and have male shifting set to be always on. I set a custom character as the bait, forgetting that all their named relations are Superior Chosen (only on loop 2). When I saw that the random male chosen I got was only a childhood friend, I went back to before choosing the new town, and set a character who had a random mother who was also a chosen as bait and got this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A female chosen who used to be male (they showed up with a Morality Break so that's a pretty cool detail that's internally consistent) who has children despite being a virgin (they could have adopted, but it still feels a bit weird, especially since she is stated to be enjoying new ways of having fun with a female body and is getting gangbanged on the regular). Additionally, despite being female, they don't have a bust size in their stats but do have a listed penis size. They also have thoughts on a hypothetical penis which mainly bothers me because I feel like it would make more sense for it to be "Attitude toward their lost penis" or "Attitude toward regaining their penis" or something like that.

So yeah, a really weird set of circumstances that came together. I'm more than happy to provide the save file if requested if it could help if the cause needs tracking down.

Last edited:

EchoEater

Feb 15, 2018
Two small suggestions:
1. It would be nice if you could set whether or not you wanted a Chosen's virginity to be preserved before you got psychic reading. I know it wouldn't come up that often but it just did for me thanks to a low cost Forsaken.

2. If male chosen can spawn, a setting to allow chosen to also potentially have fathers who are chosen.

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
Huh thats interesting. I dont even see how you could force create a chosen was male that is currently female. Does male shifting force it or something

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Two small suggestions:
1. It would be nice if you could set whether or not you wanted a Chosen's virginity to be preserved before you got psychic reading. I know it wouldn't come up that often but it just did for me thanks to a low cost Forsaken.

2. If male chosen can spawn, a setting to allow chosen to also potentially have fathers who are chosen.
I'm not sure if changing the setting would take effect mid-campaign, but if you go into settings and change the default treatment of virginity from taking it to preserving it, that might work to get around not having psychic reading yet (but again, not sure if changing that setting effects in progress campaigns).

shiroineko

Jun 15, 2018
What determines relationships between the chosen and the forsaken? Some are relatives, that is straightforward but others are childhood friends etc.. Is there a limit to how many there can be? Should I try to send each forsaken to each chosen one by one to determine this?

Moreover how can you induce bonding between forsaken and chosen? Sending Ambassadors seem to be futile even if the chosen is corrupted. The only exception is if they had some sort of a relationship prior to meeting as chosen and forsaken.

Are there plans to introduce game mechanics to mend rifts between forsaken? You cannot even force anything between them even when you can force them to do pretty much anything else with effort.

Reactions: wtfisthisname

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
What determines relationships between the chosen and the forsaken? Some are relatives, that is straightforward but others are childhood friends etc.. Is there a limit to how many there can be? Should I try to send each forsaken to each chosen one by one to determine this?
Family relationships between Chosen are generated along with the Chosen as far as I know. A chosen will generate with a possible number of mothers, siblings, etc. If a Chosen x has a mother y that has a mother z, z will show as x's grandmother, and this relationship holds for various levels (aunt, cousin) before devolving to "distant relative". As far as I know families are generated at campaign start. If the game needs to generate a relationship for someone whose actually related Chosen are all already created, it will make a "childhood friend" relationship with one of the new Chosen.

Moreover how can you induce bonding between forsaken and chosen? Sending Ambassadors seem to be futile even if the chosen is corrupted. The only exception is if they had some sort of a relationship prior to meeting as chosen and forsaken.
Instill Fixation training does this, I believe, but I'm honestly not sure if it's two-way or just one-way as implied. It causes a Forsaken to become obsessed with all 3 Chosen in the current loop (if used before the loop is complete). I've not experimented with it much because current mechanics reward making them hate each other just in case a Forsaken needs to be sacrificed. Also the cost in Deviancy is high since it's the only 150% Training action it'll always raise Deviancy which doesn't really have an upside (higher Deviancy only makes it more difficult to change Corruption stats through training and makes training actions grant less Expertise).

Are there plans to introduce game mechanics to mend rifts between forsaken? You cannot even force anything between them even when you can force them to do pretty much anything else with effort.
No such plans have been announced, so your guess is as good as mine.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019

Relationships are mainly set when the Chosen is first generated for a campaign, beyond that there is only 3 ways to mess with relationships. The first is the obvious, Chosen on the same team will develop a relationship based on how the loop went, which is then locked in when they become Forsaken. The second is using the Instill Fixation training which will make the Forsaken receiving it gain a relationship with the current team of Chosen. Thirdly is using the Bait position, which will randomly generate a new "childhood friend" relationship between the Bait Forsaken and one of the three Chosen in the next city (so if you set a Bait Forsaken during a loop it only takes effect at the start of the next loop).

EchoEater

Feb 15, 2018
Update on weird corner-case issue I encountered. I have now made that chosen a forsaken and now the game thinks they are male but uses female pronouns for them, unless it is in a sex scene with just her and another chosen (might be all sex scenes, but I didn't test that). Additionally, in the customize body options it's set as if they are futanari despite also saying that both they're current form and original form are male.
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 1.52.00 PM.png

Finally, if I shift them a few time between male, female, and futanari, their opinion on their penis while female or futanari cycles between prideful and deviant. Though they do now finally have a bust size when female or futanari.
All in all, this is very weird.

shiroineko

Jun 15, 2018
I do not know why but my chosen now start with pre broken stats (T2) rather than start as blank slates. How can I correct this?

I want to engineer a new gameplay where I use "tempt" only to break them. So only breaking pleasure and expo while not touching Injury and Hate (For some reason there is no PLEA/EXPO option for defiler).

Secondarily I want to start with one male two female chosen. I can modify the ratios from options... Would modifying this in options after the first round of chosen selection impact future cities? Or would the ratio be locked to when the game started?

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 55 Votes