aumhs

Dec 5, 2022
What does this mean? Happened when I triggered the Rampancy distortion. The "less than" thing confuses me, she has 237T unresolved SHAM. And it's loop 1, so I haven't even seen Judgement yet. Can't find anything in the wiki about this.

Less Than 100G Unresolved SHAM

Midnight is experiencing suffering beyond what any mind can handle without breaking. But it cannot break just yet, because Judgment's merciless leadership is holding it together.

rocketdefend

Sep 25, 2019
What does this mean? Happened when I triggered the Rampancy distortion. The "less than" thing confuses me, she has 237T unresolved SHAM. And it's loop 1, so I haven't even seen Judgement yet. Can't find anything in the wiki about this.
Are you on R56d? This was a bug fixed in that patch.

Reactions: aumhs

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Oh, thanks. Looks like I'm on R56b. Are save games compatible between those versions?
Should be since the letter patches are just bug fixes. You only really need to worry about save compatibility between number patches, and even then I don't think I've ever personally had any save compatibility issues between versions.

Reactions: aumhs
Feb 20, 2019
How do you get the event where the chosen all go get a succubus mark? (I don't remember exactly what it's called)

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021
How do you get the event where the chosen all go get a succubus mark? (I don't remember exactly what it's called)
should be in the "vignette checklist" file, and it's actually a 2 event chain
first one you need everyone to have total innocence break, 200% hypnosis effect above the total break requirements, and everyone's friends with each other

second event is the same but you need 500% hypno effectiveness above total break

Feb 20, 2019
should be in the "vignette checklist" file, and it's actually a 2 event chain
first one you need everyone to have total innocence break, 200% hypnosis effect above the total break requirements, and everyone's friends with each other

second event is the same but you need 500% hypno effectiveness above total break
Thank you so much, I've been hitting my head against the wall for a while trying to get it.

aumhs

Dec 5, 2022
What is the general opinon for these items that counter T1 tactics?
They don't have an effect when you're capturing with an advanced commander, or with a forsaken, or when you use a defiler action. But they do help getting to the 10k for defiling when you're using a basic commander, which can be important early in a loop. I find them hard to evaluate.

12Grind deals +40% damage against targets using violence.
12Caress deals +40% damage against targets using service.
12Pummel deals +40% damage against begging targets.
12Humiliate deals +40% damage against hiding targets.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
It's a little complicated because as you get better forsaken your dependence on manual commanders starts to shift, depending on how you build them.

The main thing I can say about them is that not all damage types are created equal. Boosting Pummel is going to be less likely to backfire on you than boosting Caress.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
They don't have an effect when you're capturing with an advanced commander, or with a forsaken, or when you use a defiler action. But they do help getting to the 10k for defiling when you're using a basic commander, which can be important early in a loop. I find them hard to evaluate.

I've generally skipped past them. I build Forsaken that can get past the 10K damage on their own, and after the increased damage from T1 and T2 Breaks I find that the T1 moves are far less relevant.

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021

Capture.png

I feel like this image would say a lot about what I feel about those items.

TheFakeOne23

Feb 9, 2020
Soo, I haven´t been following the updates for a while now (I´m still at 52b) and instead have been growing my collection of customized chosen and outfits, if I now want to move to the newest one can I just transfer them over to the newest or is it safer to slowly progress up the versions, saving in the new version every time? Are they even compatible?
If not I´m likely just gonna keep sticking with 52 for a few more versions, I´d hate to have wasted my time on all those custom chars.

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Soo, I haven´t been following the updates for a while now (I´m still at 52b) and instead have been growing my collection of customized chosen and outfits, if I now want to move to the newest one can I just transfer them over to the newest or is it safer to slowly progress up the versions, saving in the new version every time? Are they even compatible?
If not I´m likely just gonna keep sticking with 52 for a few more versions, I´d hate to have wasted my time on all those custom chars.
I don't think there has been any compatibility issues since first boss was introduced which only did that because chosen generation logic was changed I believe, to accomodate possibilities of all minor/no minor chosens. So there should be no issues as far as I am aware.

To be extra sure you can also just extract the newest version in a seperate folder and then copy the relevant files there to see if any issues occurs.

deviantartaaa

Sep 21, 2019
Ugh I gotta pick between an animalistic chosen or an undead one and I don't know which one would be more useful as a forsaken
How does this stack with animalistic chosen natuarlly dealing +50% by default? Do they stack linearly or multiplicatively?
"Dissociative Identity" Forsaken Distortion trait becomes "Dissociative Identity (Perfect Pet)": Instead of dealing +50% HATE and INJU damage, deals +50% for _all_ circumstance damage

Isn't it purely better than

"Flexible Peacemaker" Forsaken Distortion trait becomes "Flexible Peacemaker (Playful Energy)": While at 100% Stamina and above, species trait upgraded from +50% damage to +100% damage; However, when using this ability, deployment costs an extra +30% Stamina

aumhs

Dec 5, 2022
I haven't reached undead and animalistic choosen yet, but my understanding:

Multipliers are generally multiplicative in this game.
"Dissociative Identity" affects circumstance damage, the species trait (and by extension "Flexible Peacemaker") influence all damage, so including trauma damage.

So "Dissociative Identity (Perfect Pet) " means your damage is increased by 50% twice (species and trait), becoming damage*1.5*1.5 for circumstance, wich is a 2.25 multiplier. But it's only damage*1.5 for trauma damage.
" Flexible Peacemaker (Playful Energy)" replaces the species modifier, so it's only one multiplication, for damage*2 against both trauma and circumstance damage.

EDIT: Oh wait, does "Flexible Peacemaker (Playful Energy)" keep the default +50% PLEA and INJU damage from normal "Flexible Peacemaker" on top of that?

Last edited:

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I gotta pick between an animalistic chosen or an undead one and I don't know which one would be more useful as a forsaken
How does this stack with animalistic chosen natuarlly dealing +50% by default? Do they stack linearly or multiplicatively?
"Dissociative Identity" Forsaken Distortion trait becomes "Dissociative Identity (Perfect Pet)": Instead of dealing +50% HATE and INJU damage, deals +50% for _all_ circumstance damage

Isn't it purely better than

"Flexible Peacemaker" Forsaken Distortion trait becomes "Flexible Peacemaker (Playful Energy)": While at 100% Stamina and above, species trait upgraded from +50% damage to +100% damage; However, when using this ability, deployment costs an extra +30% Stamina
Which is better depends on what you need. I'm generally a fan of filling out with Undead first as the most immediate need I have is for cheap Chosen that can reliably break T2 Circumstances. Undead can retain significantly more power while being cheap.

I wait until later to pick up Animalistic, as I make those a bit beefier so they can reliably hit 2 Circumstances (and usually help with a Distortion).

As for your comparison of the two, assuming you're making a Forsaken that hits 2 Circumstances, here's some relevant information.

If you take Dissociative Identity, your multipliers will stack in the following way: (100 + 50)% for Species, (100 + 50)% for your chosen two Circumstances, for a total of (1.5)(1.5) = 2.25x in those Circumstances, which can be whatever you wish.

If you take Flexible Peacemaker on Animalistic, your multipliers at 100% Stamina would be (100 + 100)% for species, (100 + 50)% for PLEA and INJU, for a total of (2)(1.5)= 3.0x in PLEA and INJU. But the rest of the time it'll be 2.25, same as the other.

There's more to consider than that, though. A Flexible Peacemaker will have very low Disgrace, and therefore can be quite high in cost. Prohibitively so, in fact, if she's got a DIG core--you'll just have to train Disgrace to whatever level makes her cost fit into your strategy, so you might not be able to use her for a while while she builds up her Disgrace.

There's also whether or not you have good Punishers to put on them that'll buff one or more of these damages or give her something useful. And, I don't know what damage types you might still need in your roster.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes