Choyz

Jul 17, 2018
can i ask about a problem ?
i already try to download all the version of this game (heavy, lite, compressed), and i always facing the same problem..
the game closed it self and reffering about memory cannot be reach, and i just facing it gor this game and one renpy game tha i forgot the title, but not with Lab rats 2 etc....
can someone explain to me what happen to my Laptop, coz before this update i can run this game without any problem...

Choyz

Jul 17, 2018
and in case any of you wanted to ask about My Renpy Log, here it is :
Sun Jan 23 02:09:37 2022
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.22s
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 1.22s
Loading error handling took 0.31s
Loading script took 5.72s
Loading save slot metadata. took 1.34s
Loading persistent took 0.05s
Importing _renpysteam: ImportError('No module named _renpysteam',)
Set script version to: (7, 0, 0)
Running init code took 26.83s
Loading analysis data took 0.59s
Analyze and compile ATL took 0.11s
Index archives took 0.00s
Dump and make backups. took 0.00s
Cleaning cache took 0.00s
Making clean stores took 0.00s
Initial gc. took 0.33s
DPI scale factor: 1.000000
Creating interface object took 0.53s
Cleaning stores took 0.00s
Init translation took 0.11s
Build styles took 0.03s
Load screen analysis took 0.00s
Analyze screens took 0.08s
Save screen analysis took 0.59s
Prepare screens took 0.63s
Save pyanalysis. took 0.94s
Save bytecode. took 0.65s
Running _start took 0.00s
Performance test:
Interfa

and it look like the Log is forced to stoped in the middle of something that i can't find what applicatio that stop my Game Task....

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
can i ask about a problem ?
i already try to download all the version of this game (heavy, lite, compressed), and i always facing the same problem..
the game closed it self and reffering about memory cannot be reach, and i just facing it gor this game and one renpy game tha i forgot the title, but not with Lab rats 2 etc....
can someone explain to me what happen to my Laptop, coz before this update i can run this game without any problem...
Can you even boot the game at all?
Try this: Hold Shift, and run the game (keep holding Shift until graphic configuration shown, like the image below) choose Auto in Renderer section, choose Screen in Framerate section. close the game / launcher, then run it again without holding Shift.

If you have anything like GeForce Experience, end that process.

Another suggestion was to try putting the game in a folder you yourself create (some suggest desktop) and see if it works there.
PyTom said:
Video drivers, "game optimizer" programs, and antivirus software tend to be the prime suspects.
The former since they're huge and non-standard, and hence can have bugs in them. The latter two because they tend to inject code in random processes, and that's not something that always works right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Choyz and TheDevian

Choyz

Jul 17, 2018
Try this: Hold Shift, and run the game (keep holding Shift until graphic configuration shown, like the image below) choose Auto in Renderer section, choose Screen in Framerate section. close the game / launcher, then run it again without holding Shift.

Another suggestion was to try putting the game in a folder you yourself create (some suggest desktop) and see if it works there.
thanks for your kindly support, i would try your suggestion......
the game is force stoped in the midle of boot up, not in the midle of playing, if you wondering

DD86JKL

Aug 24, 2020
Are the fixes on the front page still required? I remember seeing those there months ago... Is replacing the game's script file not breaking anything else?

Choyz

Jul 17, 2018

too bad, it's not working either....
try to find any fixes for this on internet, but still didn't work either

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
too bad, it's not working either....
try to find any fixes for this on internet, but still didn't work either
Okay... Mind telling us what what operating system you're using and your system's hardware (CPU, GPU, RAM)?

A couple of minor notes, Renpy will fail to start on these systems with the following conditions:
Windows: if it's placed in a directory with a full path that isn't representable in the current system language (like a huge string of Japanese characters on an English System Language)
Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks: A bug in OS X 10.9 Mavericks prevents Ren'Py from starting when launched on a non-primary display. Until Apple fixes this bug, please launch Ren'Py from the the primary display.
Linux 64 bit: Would only fail if the game was built on Ren'Py 6.14 or 6.15, which I don't think is the case. I think the game uses 7.0.0, which is quite a few versions behind current.

Everything I can find out about ImportError('No module named _renpysteam',) does suggest a render failure.
It'll take a little time for the game to download but you can do something for me. Check these folders for the presence of libpython2.7.dll:
\lib\windows-i686
\lib\windows-x86_64
If those folders have it then it's more than a missing dependency. If it's missing then that's the issue. Just copying over the file from an existing, working Ren'Py game should fix it.
As it's a .dll, it is possible your security software intercepted it. Happens sometimes.

If we can't help, post your error up on , probably the best place for Ren'Py-related issues.
But hold off for a couple of hours while the game downloads to my system.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Why is it going to take a couple of hours?
I'm not willing to deal with VPN switching to circumvent MEGA's restrictions.
Everything else besides Mixdrop was throwing intrusion errors such as baconaces.
Mixdrop is itself slow on my end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Choyz

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
what's the difference from the heavy version to the light version?
How many people are going to ask this?
The only difference is a very slight decrease in image quality in the Lite version.
This alone chops the size down by roughly 4GB.
If hard drive space is a concern, there is also a compressed version that takes it further, all the way down to 690MB.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian
3.70 star(s) 200 Votes