James3

Dec 12, 2018
Huge waifus? Hmmm.... Havent tried the game before so I'll do basegame first, but that sounds.... interesting...

So is revamp mod recommended for a first playthrough, or running with the basegame? I originally found the Second game but wanted to try this first.... though is there any relation between the two it says this is a prequel but the synopsis seems to almost imply theyre unrelated?
Actually, I only started with Revamp because that's what was being posted on /f/ at the time. It's actually too hard early on and too stacked with stuff that would be better paced encountered later on. Vanilla is good until some point after you beat the first quest-related mission. Not sure when to switch to Revamp, exactly, but if you've beaten that name imp's Lair and returned to your camp, switch to Revamp immediately. I was wondering why the main quest was so much easier than random encounters, then I realized why while playing Vanilla. The random encounter enemies evolve too quickly in the mods.

Last edited:

AdreinVeidt

Mar 25, 2021
Download the revamp mod here (standalone):
Download an optional image pack here:
Play SWF files with GOM player:

The mod adds 2 areas (glaciers + bazaar), but is mostly focused on adding little things and QOL changes.
Image pack is good but immersion breaking (if you transform yourself into a dog, you won't get different images than if you're a human)

There is also the Xianxia mod which I never played. Based off what I read it completley revamps the combat and story into an anime-like adventure.
More details here:

how should i install it? just put it in the same carpet?

Fishmael

Jul 16, 2018
hey i have a question, should i install hgg alongside revamp? or only hgg? and where can i find it?
No, both of them are stand-alone mods so unless you want to give both of them a try you should only get one of them. As for the hgg mod someone posted a mega link a few pages back with it.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
The revamp mode is fine for a first playthrough if you choose. The HGG version isn't for everyone... There is more questionable content of the HGG version. I use it as a hard mode to make it though the game without losing a fight (which I have yet to do without save editing), plus some other interesting scene's like getting a tour of the city riding on Edryn's back if you choose a younger character.
"Questionable" as in say "non-consentual" situations, death/fetishized death or what? Kind of curious how this HGG version differs. Also the Xianxia version made me curious, is that one recommended only after playing it once first or does it almost feel like a different game? Also as GS said, TiTS has alluded to a bit hooked. Thicc mommy Gianna wont let me leave. Kinda wish for a way to scale her up a bit lol. :LOL:

Actually, I only started with Revamp because that's what was being posted on /f/ at the time. It's actually too hard early on and too stacked with stuff that would be better paced encountered later on. Vanilla is good until some point after you beat the first quest-related mission. Not sure when to switch to Revamp, exactly, but if you've beaten that name imp's Lair and returned to your camp, switch to Revamp immediately. I was wondering why the main quest was so much easier than random encounters, then I realized why while playing Vanilla. The random encounter enemies evolve too quickly in the mods.
So what leads to the bit after the initial part/imp dungeon being not as harsh? Do the random encounter's difficulty level out a bit? Or is leveling scaling or...?

Aazkaal

Dec 3, 2017
"Questionable" as in say "non-consentual" situations, death/fetishized death or what? Kind of curious how this HGG version differs.
HGG has underage content, including an option to start as underage yourself (though it can be disabled). Plus more parasites-related options, and some other stuff I can't remember.

James3

Dec 12, 2018
So what leads to the bit after the initial part/imp dungeon being not as harsh? Do the random encounter's difficulty level out a bit? Or is leveling scaling or...?
New more powerful classes for species show up when you reach higher levels, in some cases new species. No outright scaling, but you only get 1 xp from characters you are too powerful for at levels. I found it pretty funny when I switched to regular for a new character and discovered it's always the same, weak-assed after you level significantly, goblin and imp in multiple areas and the lack of different encounters as the game progresses.

Zetaz's lair is sort of an outlier, because I don't know which "dungeons" exist in vanilla and completing 2 before that would be a good gauge of when to switch. You can always switch to a mod when both you notice fights with random encounters are somewhere on the easy side and the game is boring you.

Last edited:

James3

Dec 12, 2018
How much like CoC2 is Xianna's mod? I've read there's a starting ally that "sounds" like Cait and that there's a lot of weeb stuff, like the foxes and things in 2.

GS523523

Aug 23, 2020
I did some searching and found the github for the hgg mod:

Eksra

Sep 2, 2017
I'd say definitely play with revamp.
I'd definitely disagree. Like I said before, /hgg/ version is basically Revamp with literal hundreds of thousands of fixes, and more content.
I tried a quick search on google and on the game forums and couldn't find anything.
"prolikewoah hgg" gets you there, but, ah, don't let anyone think you're new and try very hard to find answers without asking them. Or ask here instead.
"Questionable" as in say "non-consentual" situations, death/fetishized death or what? Kind of curious how this HGG version differs.
Like Aazkaal said, there's loli/shota content. It's toggled on by default, and you can change the toggle any time. There's also toggles for other questionable things that default off. They have a policy there that if you write it well, and it suits any characters that are involved, you can submit content, no matter what Fen's forum would forbid about it. Can't write pure amily cannibalizing her young like an actual rat, since that doesn't fit her character at all, but writing the option for you to bite off pieces of a faerie and eat her alive, slowly, is perfectly fine (only visible if you toggle gore on). Since, afterall, you know what the button does, so you'd only click it if it fits your character. Not for vore fans, not a swallow-whole kind of thing. Fork-and-knife tier.
I feel like that writer genuinely doesn't care what you request as long as it's not breaking character consistency. Cute scenes, bonding, vanilla sex, or gore, kids, and bestiality.
My favorite writer is Mothman. He wrote a cute yandere-ish Moth wife, with lots of great personality. Plus a hundred other scenes or something. I actually don't know which writer wrote the most content, but no one on revamp comes close.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Does anyone know where to get the hgg version?

Edit: Found it (a few pages back), now how the fuck do i go about installing it?

Edit: Okay, i got it to work, but jesus christ at some of the options, goddamn, but does anyone know where you can keep yourself up to date with the latest releases? And is there some type of walkthrough or wiki to show you how to get certain events? Because this game is vast.

Last edited:

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
I'd definitely disagree. Like I said before, /hgg/ version is basically Revamp with literal hundreds of thousands of fixes, and more content."prolikewoah hgg" gets you there, but, ah, don't let anyone think you're new and try very hard to find answers without asking them. Or ask here instead.
Like Aazkaal said, there's loli/shota content. It's toggled on by default, and you can change the toggle any time. There's also toggles for other questionable things that default off. They have a policy there that if you write it well, and it suits any characters that are involved, you can submit content, no matter what Fen's forum would forbid about it. Can't write pure amily cannibalizing her young like an actual rat, since that doesn't fit her character at all, but writing the option for you to bite off pieces of a faerie and eat her alive, slowly, is perfectly fine (only visible if you toggle gore on). Since, afterall, you know what the button does, so you'd only click it if it fits your character. Not for vore fans, not a swallow-whole kind of thing. Fork-and-knife tier.
I feel like that writer genuinely doesn't care what you request as long as it's not breaking character consistency. Cute scenes, bonding, vanilla sex, or gore, kids, and bestiality.
My favorite writer is Mothman. He wrote a cute yandere-ish Moth wife, with lots of great personality. Plus a hundred other scenes or something. I actually don't know which writer wrote the most content, but no one on revamp comes close.
Ah was wondering if you guys were implying more like vore/brutal death type stuff, and you meant the other type of questionable. So like they let you submit content? For the hgg or the base game or the revamp? Trying to see what's up in that regard. *thonking face* But in general first time probably do the base game then right? Then just whichever of the two after? Still delving into TiTS so might be a while tbh.

GS523523

Aug 23, 2020
But in general first time probably do the base game then right?
No. Revamp mod doesn't change anything about the base game, it just adds a few more characters, scenes, areas, and bug/ui fixes. IMO there's no reason to play base game given that revamp exists (unless you just really hate his writing).
And I haven't played hgg, but based off the github it looks like it just adds even more content than revamp. Areas "Volcanic Craig" and "Moth's Cave" aren't in revamp. And areas "Glaciers" and "Bazzaar" from both mods aren't in base game.

In short, the mods just add a bit more content. Unless you for some reason really dislike that content and feel it takes away from the base game, there's no reason to play base game.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
No. Revamp mod doesn't change anything about the base game, it just adds a few more characters, scenes, areas, and bug/ui fixes. IMO there's no reason to play base game given that revamp exists (unless you just really hate his writing).
And I haven't played hgg, but based off the github it looks like it just adds even more content than revamp. Areas "Volcanic Craig" and "Moth's Cave" aren't in revamp. And areas "Glaciers" and "Bazzaar" from both mods aren't in base game.

In short, the mods just add a bit more content. Unless you for some reason really dislike that content and feel it takes away from the base game, there's no reason to play base game.
Gotcha. Will do Revamp then take a stab at hgg later. Going to try and get through more of TiTS this week and then jump in after.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
If you guys like the HGG mod, about the only thing that comes close to it is Teraurge, but it updates so slowly that you might as well check in a couple of years from now.

Eksra

Sep 2, 2017
Gotcha. Will do Revamp then take a stab at hgg later.
Not much reason to. hgg is just "better revamp"
Playing Revamp is like playing the alpha version of a game you have another much more recent version of. Interesting for a comparison of how much changed, but there's no reason to pick revamp first

James3

Dec 12, 2018
Umm, except I just stated a reason to start with the original? The way things update, you're downloading a new game a fair amount of the time anyway, so just get the latest version of the next 1 up each time you really get bored. (Vanilla - Kitteh's - Xianna's or HGG:depending on your taste)

Edit: Just to be sure, all the mods have New Game +, right? I won't wreck the game with a save from it loading onto HGG, will I?

Last edited:

WhatTheHekc

May 22, 2020
Does anyone know where to get the hgg version?

Edit: Found it (a few pages back), now how the fuck do i go about installing it?

Edit: Okay, i got it to work, but jesus christ at some of the options, goddamn, but does anyone know where you can keep yourself up to date with the latest releases? And is there some type of walkthrough or wiki to show you how to get certain events? Because this game is vast.
How'd you end up getting HGG working? I have the folder but theres no readme or anything to note how to set it up.

4.90 star(s) 15 Votes