Feb 9, 2020
Just gotta ask, is the Xianxia mod worth a try?
It has a ton of content, but a lot of it is very anime inspired and English clearly isn't the dev's first language. I'd say it's worth playing, but damn does it need someone who knows Flash well enough to clean it up.

If you're interested in playing a version of CoC that you can break, then definitely give it a try. Your stats after 5 or 6 ascensions get absolutely bananas.

Reactions: Bootyman

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
It has a ton of content, but a lot of it is very anime inspired and English clearly isn't the dev's first language. I'd say it's worth playing, but damn does it need someone who knows Flash well enough to clean it up.

If you're interested in playing a version of CoC that you can break, then definitely give it a try. Your stats after 5 or 6 ascensions get absolutely bananas.
A version I can break? Well then, consider me intrigued. I'll get around to giving it a shot after I'm done messing with the /hgg mod and the revamp mod.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
Gave Xianxia a try. Wasn't really invested in it due to errors in writing and the overall 'cultivation' schtick going around that honestly reminds me too much of those dime-a-dozen Chinese manhuas. Should have expected it because 'Xianxia' but eh, what can you do?

Slightly amused that the writing errors here pulled me away from the experience when I've also powered through MTLs.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
In my experience so far, I haven't seen a lot of bad MTLs in XianXia mod or maybe I just don't see the usual bad MTLs.

Also has tons of broken attacks / stuff that can be abused~~~

One of 'em's the ice punch that the mouse girl teaches you.
The triple thrust attack deals way too much damage on high damage weapon users.
Natural weapons (claws, wings etc etc) can also deal tons of damage.
Some spells too, I think. (I barely play mages)

It allows you to make different playstyles so that's great for replayability.

To all those XianXia mod vets, plz tell me how to get a super perk, I've no idea how to even get one.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
In my experience so far, I haven't seen a lot of bad MTLs in XianXia mod or maybe I just don't see the usual bad MTLs.

Also has tons of broken attacks / stuff that can be abused~~~

One of 'em's the ice punch that the mouse girl teaches you.
The triple thrust attack deals way too much damage on high damage weapon users.
Natural weapons (claws, wings etc etc) can also deal tons of damage.
Some spells too, I think. (I barely play mages)

It allows you to make different playstyles so that's great for replayability.

To all those XianXia mod vets, plz tell me how to get a super perk, I've no idea how to even get one.
Eh, you're right. It's just that I find it weird that I can power through barely legible MTLs yet some typos in Xianxia is already turning me away from it. I suppose I could give it another shot and focus solely on the gameplay aspect of it. Also, was definitely caught off-guard by the difference in mob levels between Xianxia and revamp/(hgg) because last I checked, minotaurs weren't level 12.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
Okay, I might be smolbrained right now but how does one get past the Minotaur King in hgg mod?

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
The 200 stat cap is a turn-off for me.
I dunno if it's the same fight as the xianxia mod but there should be an option called "drink helper", should that one be ticked, the minotaur king can finally be defeated.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
The 200 stat cap is a turn-off for me.
I dunno if it's the same fight as the xianxia mod but there should be an option called "drink helper", should that one be ticked, the minotaur king can finally be defeated.
Yeah, there isn't such an option in hgg but thanks for the tip! Had to swallow my pride and roll the difficulty back a notch just for that one fight. Now I'm trying to figure out how ascension works in this mod.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Yeah, there isn't such an option in hgg but thanks for the tip! Had to swallow my pride and roll the difficulty back a notch just for that one fight. Now I'm trying to figure out how ascension works in this mod.
Oof, I tried.
In all my time playing that and vanilla coc1, I still have no idea where to get P.Skills.
I just steamrolled through everything with normal attack.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
Oof, I tried.
In all my time playing that and vanilla coc1, I still have no idea where to get P.Skills.
I just steamrolled through everything with normal attack.
That's okay, man. If I'm not mistaken, P.Skills or P.Specials are unique attacks you can get depending on your TFs or equipment. Having a dragontail enables Tailwhip, equipping a shield grants you Shield Bash and--not sure if this was in vanilla--finding and equipping the clockwork shield gives you Freeze Time (2 turn Timestop).

I'm not too frustrated by it, though. What made the Minotaur King fight a bitch was the fact that he operated roughly the same way as the Succubus Gardener: Lust and Tease-based defeat/victory. Seeing as how my character was made to hit fast and hard but no tease, I hated these bosses. But at the same time, that's also why I'm having a blast playing this game than I did with the sequel since I can tailor and adapt my approach without having to switch classes or be compelled to bring a party member that I forgot to level up.

Reactions: GS523523

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
Having played the /hgg mod to completion and trying out the Xianxia mod, I can safely say that /hgg is the superior mod. Sure, it doesn't have fancy character viewers like Xianxia, but the small sprites at the bottom are really endearing. Also helps tremendously that the extra features are well-explained and really well-written.

Case in point: I love moth waifu and my moth daughter.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
Was checking the raw data for hgg mod in the save editor and I discovered that there are flags pertaining to Loppe's fertility and even the number of kids. Can anyone help confirm if it's possible to finally get Loppe to have kids?

axz2

Jan 20, 2019
damn i can't played this game cause flash has been shut down
Try

Eventually a couple of other programs should work but they aren't there yet for this game

and

Or at least I think they don't work. I've tried the 2nd but not recently. Maybe if you give it another year. But Adobe's debug player should work.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
thanks but is there some android for it?
Oh, I can't help you there sadly.
Most things I found are just them saying I need to download a browser-y app and put the site of that flash game to play it there.

4.90 star(s) 15 Votes