vultron

May 19, 2018
Does being corrupted actually do anything besides quips as a Dark Knight or allowing a few bad ends?
Pretty sure in the long run you and your companions will become demons and turn many other characters into demons or just corrupting them there's already a dream about demon Brienne

JTakiyaa

Dec 9, 2019
Only fools would be in the business of making a game while being against mods it's like wanting to swim without getting wet. :rolleyes:
They just be mad because they can no longer control what sort of content that gets added in the game. Especially when they have "the Tobs" syndrome, they will became floppy pp with uncultured and unchecked writing. Oh and don't get me started on the possibility of everyone having the favourite "incest patch" or content in game. They would be in huge trouble if that happened. It could turn out Kinu 2: electric boogaloo. And patreon would blame it's their fault and ban their account. And who wants to get the same treatment as kitteh666 from the old CoC mod. So modding is very unlikely to happen.

Reactions: vultron

vultron

May 19, 2018
They just be mad because they can no longer control what sort of content that gets added in the game. Especially when they have "the Tobs" syndrome, they will became floppy pp with uncultured and unchecked writing. Oh and don't get me started on the possibility of everyone having the favourite "incest patch" or content in game. They would be in huge trouble if that happened. It could turn out Kinu 2: electric boogaloo. And patreon would blame it's their fault and ban their account. And who wants to get the same treatment as kitteh666 from the old CoC mod. So modding is very unlikely to happen.
Well for one thing stop using Patreon it's a garbage site and there are others that aren't trash. lol

JTakiyaa

Dec 9, 2019
Well for one thing stop using Patreon it's a garbage site and there are others that aren't trash. lol
They already have subscribestar for CoC2 and the game is also on steam. But not enough shekels if they cut off patreon. Might as well look forward to in app purchases in the coming years. Give them more shekels.

Reactions: vultron

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
I mean, I understand some of the points here. I would like for them to still allow it at some point. Maybe when they finish the game... Ahahah, yeah...
But modding does add more life to a project. Sure, a lot of it sucks or is to edgy, but hey, you do not walk through gold mine expecting just gold. And I am not sure how patreon would have any right to shutdown a game because of a mod.
And If they can do that, just switch to other donation sites. We all know that all of us horney people will follow since it is not like we can get these types of games anywhere else (at least with this amount quality content).
But honestly, the biggest reason I can think for why they banned mods are

A: If people would be to make there own content for the game, people may not feel obligated to pay for the making of the game. Since most of the games with mod support are finished, they do not have this problem. They maybe fear that people would just stop paying them since other people would make content for free.

Now, while this may be cause for concern, we could argue that If there content is good enough people would continue to pay for continues production. Since most of what they produce should probably be better then what some schmuck in his mothers basement can produce. At least they are profesional enough to pay for there basements.

B:They do not feel comftroble with how some people would handle the mods.They may not be comftrable with idea that anyone with basic talent for programming (Not me) having a capacity to alter or add to some questionable content to specific characters. Like giving Brienne a cock or some sick shit like that. Or adding some of there OCs that would not mesh well with the game.

And Lastly C: People may not be able to tell which version of the game is vanila one if people start making compilations of various mods. This one seems least likely since all of that could be avoided if they just write that it is a mod on title screen, but some people may not do that.

Still yeah I wish we had mod support.

Last edited:

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Stop me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Savin was against modding the game? I mean, not that it'll actually stop anyone, but yeah.
Like Megumin. said, Fen's posse has never really been open to supporting mods. Hell, Savin stopped just a cunt hair shy of banning the Revamp mod from what I remember back in the old days. That being the case, CoC fortunately at least enjoyed some extensive modding from said Revamp, Xianxia Mod, and even one unofficial mod that's still to this day getting some (albeit slow) work done originally from the old 8chan site. Savin can pitch a fit all he wants, the only thing stopping people from modding CoC2 at this point is the will to do so and a site to host it. No one's waiting for their permission at this rate.

vultron

May 19, 2018
I mean, I understand some of the points here. I would like for them to still allow it at some point. Maybe when they finish the game... Ahahah, yeah...
But modding does add more life to a project. Sure, a lot of it sucks or is to edgy, but hey, you do not walk through gold mine expecting just gold. And I am not sure how patreon would have any right to shutdown a game because of a mod.
And If they can do that, just switch to other donation sites. We all know that all of us horney people will follow since it is not like we can get these types of games anywhere else (at least with this amount quality content).
But honestly, the biggest reason I can think for why they banned mods are

A: If people would be to make there own content for the game, people may not feel obligated to pay for the making of the game. Since most of the games with mod support are finished, they do not have this problem. They maybe fear that people would just stop paying them since other people would make content for free.

Now, while this may be cause for concern, we could argue that If there content is good enough people would continue to pay for continues production. Since most of what they produce should probably be better then what some schmuck in his mothers basement can produce. At least they are profesional enough to pay for there basements.

B:They do not feel comftroble with how some people would handle the mods.They may not be comftrable with idea that anyone with basic talent for programming (Not me) having a capacity to alter or add to some questionable content to specific characters. Like giving Brienne a cock or some sick shit like that. Or adding some of there OCs that would not mesh well with the game.

And Lastly C: People may not be able to tell which version of the game is vanila one if people start making compilations of various mods. This one seems least likely since all of that could be avoided if they just write that it is a mod on title screen, but some people may not do that.

Still yeah I wish we had mod support.
Not to nitpick but Brienne can have a cock in a dream where she's a demon. xD

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Where can I find Gwyenth. I am looking for her where patch notes told me and I still can not find her.

JTakiyaa

Dec 9, 2019
Where can I find Gwyenth. I am looking for her where patch notes told me and I still can not find her.
Isn't Gwyn the girl tending the nursery? I think she's at the nursery in the bar where you can find Garth.

Edit: my bad, you're talking about gweyr. She's around the southern area at the rift in my playthrough. Gotta roam a bit till the RNG picks up.

Aileh200

Nov 7, 2020
I don't know why, but lately I've been starting to compare this game and CoC1 to Deltarune and Undertale.

Like how on Undertale, our choices matter a lot, is like how you can change some of the characters in CoC1 and how it drastically changes their behavior, that you could straight up side with demons or not, and the fact you play solo.

While I'm comparing this game and Deltarune, like how sometimes our choices won't matter that much, that they may change little/some make things inaccessible but not affect much the main quest, that we play on an another universe from the first game, that you can't really do a full genocide/corrupt run, and the fact that you play with a party.

These are just my thoughts, maybe it will change the further I go in the rabbit hole.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
I don't know why, but lately I've been starting to compare this game and CoC1 to Deltarune and Undertale.

Like how on Undertale, our choices matter a lot, is like how you can change some of the characters in CoC1 and how it drastically changes their behavior, that you could straight up side with demons or not, and the fact you play solo.

While I'm comparing this game and Deltarune, like how sometimes our choices won't matter that much, that they may change little/some make things inaccessible but not affect much the main quest, that we play on an another universe from the first game, that you can't really do a full genocide/corrupt run, and the fact that you play with a party.

These are just my thoughts, maybe it will change the further I go in the rabbit hole.
I dunno. CoC1 did allow more choice, but it was also a worse game overall in terms of writing quality. A metric fuckton of unfinished, barely quality controlled content. I feel like people are looking back on CoC1 with a tad bit too much nostalgia.

Reactions: OofSs and Aileh200

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Yeah, this is one update that I will probably just wait until the public release to play. Rindo scenes would be nice to see. But imagining The Observer's walls of text about a character that isn't even mine doesn't really appeal to me that much.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Isn't Gwyn the girl tending the nursery? I think she's at the nursery in the bar where you can find Garth.

Edit: my bad, you're talking about gweyr. She's around the southern area at the rift in my playthrough. Gotta roam a bit till the RNG picks up.
Is my game bugged. I keep exploring but I can not find her. Is there a quest I need to complete or something?

BlacJak

Sep 3, 2018
I dunno. CoC1 did allow more choice, but it was also a worse game overall in terms of writing quality. A metric fuckton of unfinished, barely quality controlled content. I feel like people are looking back on CoC1 with a tad bit too much nostalgia.
I feel like you completely missed their point. They weren't talking about the quality of the writing in any way, they were talking about how they feel that COC1 has more choices in the game that matter to the overall world or other characters than in COC2 and using Undertale and Deltarune as their comparisons.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
i personally see TiTS and coc I as way better games than this one here. alchemy and therefore changing ya own character is a chore, you can't change other characters all too much and combat lacks depth. i feel so fucking restricted when playing coc II that it bores me after a while.

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes