stuffinabox

Aug 15, 2018
I don't think there are enough people interested in this niche to justify trying to push out a final product. How many copies do you think a completed CoC2 would sell on Steam/itchi.o etc? Chipping away while your few loyal backers are bankrolling you seems to be the way to go, imo.
If people can slap together an RPGM game & tease some 2D CG with a little timing and sound effects between transitions, having them bust out content on an almost every three or four day basis would be nice. This isn't the high calorie dense materiel we're waiting on, it's subsistence updates with minimal bite sized pieces that aren't worth a damn on their own.

Jul 22, 2019
If people can slap together an RPGM game & tease some 2D CG with a little timing and sound effects between transitions, having them bust out content on an almost every three or four day basis would be nice. This isn't the high calorie dense materiel we're waiting on, it's subsistence updates with minimal bite sized pieces that aren't worth a damn on their own.
They could def have more writers, and significantly better management, but I think you're overstating how easy it is to make good text based stuff too. Yeah big VN companies can put out insane amounts of content, but they're also generally career artists and erotica writers, I don't think any of the fen have that sort of experience, or even just the pressure that people in competitive jobs struggle with.

These projects do absolutely drag out ridiculously long (with a few exceptions, once in a lifetime is pretty reasonable, price for freedom is a decently large scale game that does take time to make), but every few days is just not really fair from a team this size.

I think this would be a more reasonable point on the TiTS thread, that's a game that's been on basically fucking life support for ages now.

hater45

Mar 7, 2017
They could def have more writers, and significantly better management, but I think you're overstating how easy it is to make good text based stuff too. Yeah big VN companies can put out insane amounts of content, but they're also generally career artists and erotica writers, I don't think any of the fen have that sort of experience, or even just the pressure that people in competitive jobs struggle with.

These projects do absolutely drag out ridiculously long (with a few exceptions, once in a lifetime is pretty reasonable, price for freedom is a decently large scale game that does take time to make), but every few days is just not really fair from a team this size.

I think this would be a more reasonable point on the TiTS thread, that's a game that's been on basically fucking life support for ages now.
I would agree with your statement but the way the way all of them write is the issue. If they were accounting for PC's personality, choices, stats, etc, then it would make sense why it takes a long time. But from I've been seeing, they just write one choice like a kinetic novel and call it a day. Look at the whole Kitsune situation, Kinu gets a quest to get out of her father's shadow even though you practically had no choice in the matter and Tobs has some hate boner against the PC. Could of spent that time giving us choices on how we affect the Kitsune den because those fuckers think they are hot shit even though I slapped them all the fuck up.

zwere

Mar 27, 2020
Could of spent that time giving us choices on how we affect the Kitsune den because those fuckers think they are hot shit even though I slapped them all the fuck up.
I remember reading on the forums that there might be an option in the future to side with the boreal elves against the kitsune. Don't remember if there was official confirmation or not.

hater45

Mar 7, 2017
I remember reading on the forums that there might be an option in the future to side with the boreal elves against the kitsune. Don't remember if there was official confirmation or not.
I heard about that as well but it is not like I couldn't handle them at all. I have to wait like what? Years before something like this is put in the game?

HexKatars

Aug 24, 2017
Okay, finally it’s time to get some forward momentum going again after all that breeding. This week, we’re opening up the next main story area, and there’s plenty more content for it (and other story-related happenings) coming up shortly!

0.4.0 Patch Notes:

• You can now gain access to the next region of the main story quest — the Undermountain! Whether by invitation as the Champion of Frost or by brute force at any point in the story, you can now get past the Chargers at the gates to Khor’minos and enter the vast subterranean labyrinth between the Foothills and the city of the minotaurs. Do note — you won’t be getting into the city itself just yet!
  • New encounter and bad end: the Khor’minoan Chargers! Mess with the bulls, you get the horn(ie)s.
  • New encounter: Hobgoblins! What happens when you cross goblins with minos? These brutes! (Written by TheObserver)
  • New event: There’s some new imp types down in the depths, and you’re in for a memorable introduction to them — and to the mighty warrior that’s been holding Khor’minos back from the brink of defeat!
  • New mechanic: Fog of War! It’s damned dark in the depths of Khor’minos, and even when light can be found, it’s hard to tell which way is which with a demonic invasion underway! If only you could find some source of light to carry with you…
  • New Busts by Moira: Calise, Hobgoblins
As always, you can become a backer and support the game’s development on…
!
!
… or !

Reactions: blargballs

MogwaiKupo

May 14, 2017
Okay, finally it’s time to get some forward momentum going again after all that breeding. This week, we’re opening up the next main story area, and there’s plenty more content for it (and other story-related happenings) coming up shortly!

0.4.0 Patch Notes:

• You can now gain access to the next region of the main story quest — the Undermountain! Whether by invitation as the Champion of Frost or by brute force at any point in the story, you can now get past the Chargers at the gates to Khor’minos and enter the vast subterranean labyrinth between the Foothills and the city of the minotaurs. Do note — you won’t be getting into the city itself just yet!
  • New encounter and bad end: the Khor’minoan Chargers! Mess with the bulls, you get the horn(ie)s.
  • New encounter: Hobgoblins! What happens when you cross goblins with minos? These brutes! (Written by TheObserver)
  • New event: There’s some new imp types down in the depths, and you’re in for a memorable introduction to them — and to the mighty warrior that’s been holding Khor’minos back from the brink of defeat!
  • New mechanic: Fog of War! It’s damned dark in the depths of Khor’minos, and even when light can be found, it’s hard to tell which way is which with a demonic invasion underway! If only you could find some source of light to carry with you…
As always, you can become a backer and support the game’s development on…
!
!
… or !
Interesting in most iterations, hobgoblins are the middle cousins of the greens kind that bully their younger cousins, but are scared of their older ones. Unless you're Warhammer, where they sold out their entire race to chaos dwarves. Personally I would have them be a crossbreed from orcs and goblins, but hey, Atugia's not a fey and Brint doesn't want to eat people, so different interpretations I guess.
On that note of us being in mountains, I wonder if dwarves and halfings exist in this world. Neither were mentioned at all in the first, and I'm always down for more fantasy races instead of furry races.

WaterH20

May 5, 2018
pc
apk

0.3.4.0 Patch Notes:

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018
Mega pc
Mega apk

0.4.0 Patch Notes:

Wrong link version its 3.4.0. Not 0.4.0

mrminderD

Jan 5, 2019
Mega pc
Mega apk

0.4.0 Patch Notes:

Isn't this the wrong update patch? It says it's update 0.3.4.0

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
The one before was 0.3.49 I think. This latest one on Fenoxo's blog is 0.4.0. The one I just downloaded was 3.40 and doesn't look like a new update.

Ninja edit: Links look fine now. Thanks!

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes