destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
I am surprised Quin has this many haters/non fans everywhere. On discord, forumus, 4chan and here. Like, kind of expected but I sometimes do not really face reality.
Alas, I do wonder what BubbleLord could do to make him more, if not liked, more tolerable.

also
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just couple of posts above that TObses comment
I mean, yeah dude. He's an asshole, written by an asshole.

For people who want an abusive asshole to fuck them, he is not enough of an asshole. For everybody else, he is too much of an asshole.

I don't know what you expected. Bubblelord can't even make himself likable, much less his own characters.

I'm surprised he had the self-awareness to put in an option to say "fuck off". A rare moment of lucidity.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
I do not really consider Quin an asshole. Just a horny bastard. Like a crazy amount. The most dickish thing, besides his whole "magic during sex" act, is his comments about feminine companions.

As for whole leaving him to die thing, yeah, I am also surprised. But nice for people that do not want him. Still love that we get corruption for it. It is just so random.

Last edited:

arls120

Sep 12, 2020
I do not really consider Quin an asshole. Just a horny bastard. Like a crazy amount. The most dickish thing, besides his whole "magic during sex" act, is his comments about feminine companions.

As for whole leaving him to die thing, yeah, I am also surprised. But nice for people that do not want him. Still love that we get corruption for it. It is just so random.
Well for me I like him I see him as the typical hot guy for some this may be bad but I think it is something fun and I really enjoy playing with him until I am crazy waiting for you to add more content to him and brint (yes it was a trio content with brint better XD) really since I tried to form my group as a charmer or white magician with him and brint makes the game more fun and iso that I realized that cait has too much content and relationship with the entire initial game (At the beginning I always used her as a healer even when I was a white magician which makes me feel somewhat stupid xd). Although of course it has some things that I would like to improve or to be given continuation, such as its pregnancy content, I said I had the doubt of whether only Brint can be told about the pregnancy I would like to know your opinion I think it would make you feel more alive and another thing is that according to his choice for a future update of him even though he has a "relationship" with the champion he will get a girlfriend (O_O) of which I hope to be absolutely wrong.

PostScript: excuse the spelling use google translator xd

Reactions: M0nte

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Well for me I like him I see him as the typical hot guy for some this may be bad but I think it is something fun and I really enjoy playing with him until I am crazy waiting for you to add more content to him and brint (yes it was a trio content with brint better XD) really since I tried to form my group as a charmer or white magician with him and brint makes the game more fun and iso that I realized that cait has too much content and relationship with the entire initial game (At the beginning I always used her as a healer even when I was a white magician which makes me feel somewhat stupid xd). Although of course it has some things that I would like to improve or to be given continuation, such as its pregnancy content, I said I had the doubt of whether only Brint can be told about the pregnancy I would like to know your opinion I think it would make you feel more alive and another thing is that according to his choice for a future update of him even though he has a "relationship" with the champion he will get a girlfriend (O_O) of which I hope to be absolutely wrong.

PostScript: excuse the spelling use google translator xd
No worries. Glad someone also likes him.

If you are asking if Quin will have more to his pregnancy content I can not tell. But it would be nice if he had. Since it is pretty barren compared to other 3 dick weilding companions.

Now, I do not think Quin will have a GF (at least not the one that people talked about.
But BubbleLord did write about how he will be able to knock up one of the cat twins. The ones that are from snow cat village, duughters of Vari. If you wonder where he said that, he said it on the forums in his own thread.

You really should not expect from Brint, and especially from Quin, and kind of monogamy.They are free for all type of guys.

Last edited:

MogwaiKupo

May 14, 2017
I am surprised Quin has this many haters/non fans everywhere. On discord, forumus, 4chan and here. Like, kind of expected but I sometimes do not really face reality.
Alas, I do wonder what BubbleLord could do to make him more, if not liked, more tolerable.

also
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just couple of posts above that TObses comment
He's the worst companion mechanically. Berwyn sucks as well, but he at least prioritizes hp damage which is consistent in the early game. With Quin, if you didn't pick a Charmer he's useless, if you're not on manual control his AI is useless, if you didn't rush Cait quest to get her dancer form, or picked the pure hive ending for Bimbo Azzy, he's useless. And even then that's short lived, at least Brint, Arona, and Azzy are all interchangeable in their fighter/tank role, the minute you get Cait and Azzy, he goes right back to being useless.
Add Bubblelord's reputation and his propensity to right more jerkish characters (which sucks particularly in this game, because the writers rarely give you an opportunity to talk back to them) and you have a recipe for the least liked companion.
And even if all this hate isn't justified and we're just looking at it at face value, the key to writing a standoffiish character that's supposed to be liked is to give them a hook for readers to invest in looking and make them want to look at their side. Quin currently doesn't have that hook.

Last edited:

arls120

Sep 12, 2020
No worries. Glad someone also likes him.

If you are asking if Quin will have more to his pregnancy content I can not tell. But it would be nice if he had. Since it is pretty barren compared to other 3 dick weilding companions.

Now, I do not think Quin will have a GF (at least not the one that people talked about.
But BubbleLord did write about how he will be able to knock up one of the cat twins. The ones that are from snow cat village, duughters of Vari. If you wonder where he said that, he said it on the forums in his own thread.

You really should not expect from Brint, and especially from Quin, and kind of monogamy.They are free for all type of guys.
I do not really expect monogamy, I do not accept it even if they asked for it but I like to imagine that we have a polyamorous type of relationship in which you can have all the sex you want with whoever you want but not a dating or marriage relationship or have children with another person. ..... I also feel that if they added that girlfriend they would make us be the matchmaker for them, the same as it seems that Takahiro's route is on track. And speaking of another topic, does anyone know if Leofric will have gay content?

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
I do not really expect monogamy, I do not accept it even if they asked for it but I like to imagine that we have a polyamorous type of relationship in which you can have all the sex you want with whoever you want but not a dating or marriage relationship or have children with another person. ..... I also feel that if they added that girlfriend they would make us be the matchmaker for them, the same as it seems that Takahiro's route is on track. And speaking of another topic, does anyone know if Leofric will have gay content?
You never know with this game. Brint will have option for him to get a harem.And Quin, I am still not sure.
Leofric will have gay content. But you will be able to fuck him and pair him up with jen if you so chose. Or take Jen for yourself. I am not sure about you dating him tho. Does not seem like something this game would add.

He's the worst companion mechanically. Berwyn sucks as well, but he at least prioritizes hp damage which is consistent in the early game. With Quin, if you didn't pick a Charmer he's useless, if you're not on manual control his AI is useless, if you didn't rush Cait quest to get her dancer form, or picked the pure hive ending for Bimbo Azzy, he's useless. And even then that's short lived, at least Brint, Arona, and Azzy are all interchangeable in their fighter/tank role, the minute you get Cait and Azzy, he goes right back to being useless.
Add Bubblelord's reputation and his propensity to right more jerkish characters (which sucks particularly in this game, because the writers rarely give you an opportunity to talk back to them) and you have a recipe for the least liked companion.
And even if all this hate isn't justified and we're just looking at it at face value, the key to writing a standoffiish character that's supposed to be liked is to give them a hook for readers to invest in looking and make them want to look at their side. Quin currently doesn't have that hook.
At least he is getting a new set and his first set is getting reworked.
I mean, yeah, he has tendency. But I do belive Quin escapes most of them. So I do not see him as bad as lets say Drider Queen, Takahiro or Jen. I consider him more interesting than most companions when it comes to his chacter.

Last edited:
Reactions: whitexwhite

arls120

Sep 12, 2020
You never know with this game. Brint will have option for him to get a harem.And Quin, I am still not sure.
Leofric will have gay content. But you will be able to fuck him and pair him up with jen if you so chose. Or take Jen for yourself. I am not sure about you dating him tho. Does not seem like something this game would add.

I mean, yeah, he has tendency. But I do belive Quin escapes most of them. So I do not see him as bad as lets say Drider Queen, Takahiro or Jen. I consider him more interesting than most companions when it comes to his chacter.
Well, I will keep my hope as long as it is not like a garret that has requirements that you must be a woman or very feminine or like a behemoth that looks like a living comforter, I will be happy (although I will not deny that I enjoy the latter anyway :p). In truth, I am not critical at all for the male characters as long as they are not effeminate to the point that I must doubt if he is a man or just passive I accept it even if it is badly written: v :ROFLMAO:

Belphegor007

Aug 23, 2016
I imagine people would hate a lot of the characters less if there were dialogue options to tell people to fuck off.

I want to tell half of the characters to fuck themselves and punch them in their face. The enjoyment I would get from fucking with them would offset their existence

redcynic

Jul 12, 2017
Fun fact: It was patched out when Winter City dropped 'in full' but in the initial post where you could technically go there, the intro scene always assumed you had Cait in the party. As in, the dialogue read as if she was there and commenting and being commented on even if you were playing completely solo.

This game is written with the assumption you WILL have the writer's pets in the party.

Archaon11111

Engaged Member
Aug 14, 2020
Fun fact: It was patched out when Winter City dropped 'in full' but in the initial post where you could technically go there, the intro scene always assumed you had Cait in the party. As in, the dialogue read as if she was there and commenting and being commented on even if you were playing completely solo.

This game is written with the assumption you WILL have the writer's pets in the party.
TITS has that problem unfortunately, game assumes you always met with Anno, Shekka or Syri and places events/dialogues as if you went through with all their content and became fuck buddies even if you never interact with them.

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
I don't mind Quinn being an a-hole. If he were useful to me, he would be in my party. But most of the time I see on the combat screen, "he is heating up!" and then the next round I see he is already at 0 HP.

He needs to either do more healing or given some better equipment/sets. There are just better companions out there to round out the party in most situations.

Berwyn is the proverbial jack of trades, master of none. He does decent damage, but ain't really a tank. He has a summons which can be useful as another target, but it's not typically as good as my own. He can heal some, but as good as Cait. Also his material hasn't been updated a lot recently. Guess we'll see what direction he takes when B starts submitting stuff for him.

Reactions: Kallisto

Kallisto

Jun 6, 2019
But most of the time I see on the combat screen, "he is heating up!" and then the next round I see he is already at 0 HP.
Sad but true lmao. I run with Quin in my party and I didn't notice how bad it was till I got Brint's ice set and was finally trying to go through that frost zone with the Avanai and the Jotuns. Quin is just always KO'd in one-three turns.

I don't mind his personality or backstory but he's pretty meh and I just might have to switch him out for someone else now.

Reactions: menatv

MogwaiKupo

May 14, 2017

I was just giving the general idea, personally I see him as harmless. Brint, Cait, and Arona exist and they're not exactly subtle about being horny.
I'm on the fence about his new debut set though, initiative and bosses getting 2(sometimes 3) turns make them not the most reliable, but it's unique and it will be a godsend for thieves. Hopefully they make him tanky or fast enough to outpace you or his biggest fault of limiting your teams to either no healer or being squishier than wet paper will still be present.

MogwaiKupo

May 14, 2017

Another fun fact: when the game released, you didn't have the ability to masturbate. When Savin finally added it he said
You can now masturbate, because apparently the kitty cumslut wasn’t good enough.
I thought he meant it in Jest, but looking at Cait today, some of that might have been genuine questioning.

Last edited:

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
Quin is going to be the one to make Berwyn admit that he likes anal.
Guess he’s never getting anywhere near Berwyn’s ass then. If he does it without my input then I’m save editing him out of the game. Letting companions fuck around is one thing but I should always be the best lay around. I’m the one who made Berwyn into a tsundere buttslut.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Guess he’s never getting anywhere near Berwyn’s ass then. If he does it without my input then I’m save editing him out of the game. Letting companions fuck around is one thing but I should always be the best lay around. I’m the one who made Berwyn into a tsundere buttslut.
What about Berwyn fucking Quin while you fuck Berwyin? Gay train sounds nice.

Also, game, why do you want me to belive that Quin is some kind of playboy? Why give him that ass if I am not able to fuck it.

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
What about Berwyn fucking Quin while you fuck Berwyin? Gay train sounds nice.
Fine by me. Of course, I would then proceed to complain about not having the option for me to fuck Quin's ass myself. It's the same feel as when a new enemy/NPC encounter where my only options are either to get a blowjob or get dicked by them. I don't want to get fucked, I want to do the fucking goddammit!

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Fine by me. Of course, I would then proceed to complain about not having the option for me to fuck Quin's ass myself. It's the same feel as when a new enemy/NPC encounter where my only options are either to get a blowjob or get dicked by them. I don't want to get fucked, I want to do the fucking goddammit!
Yeah, if Brint got it, why not Quin? Maybe it would boost up his popularity somewhat. Because game, just because I am into men does not mean I want to bottom to them. I understand that Quin is supposed to be the pitcher, because that is the role he likes. But he has a phat ass, I have a thick dick, lets combine it.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes