jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
They lost contact with her for almost 2 decades, it takes you less than two months to find her and we weren't even looking for her
Pretty sure when you return to the Inn and tell him about finding her, he mentions that they meet up outside of the town every once and a while.

Cerneu

Nov 9, 2017
All with your character being a callous moron for not even telling the grieving husband and child that she's alive and where her whereabouts are. They lost contact with her for almost 2 decades, it takes you less than two months to find her and we weren't even looking for her
Huh? I'm pretty sure that her "grieving husband" is completely aware of her being alive and where she currently is. You can talk with Garth about her, after you meet her at the glacial rift.

If you wanna criticize The Observer's writing, then at least make sure you actually read the stuff he wrote. I'm not surprised that people over at the Fenoxo Forums have such a low opinion of this place. Some of you are too blinded with your hatred, and are at this point making up stuff to be outraged about.

Reactions: MarcusDBlack

arls120

Sep 12, 2020
Hello I just recently realized that we can tell garth about his wife XD I feel it is not misspelled I really liked it ..... but for some reason I feel that maybe we treat garth in a way that I think It could be a little better or something kinder.

Reactions: MarcusDBlack

arls120

Sep 12, 2020
[QUOTE = "Bastardface522, publicación: 6014012, miembro: 2402493"]
¿Puedes actualizar el juego sin perder el progreso guardado?
[/CITA]
yes

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
If you wanna criticize The Observer's writing, then at least make sure you actually read the stuff he wrote. I'm not surprised that people over at the Fenoxo Forums have such a low opinion of this place. Some of you are too blinded with your hatred, and are at this point making up stuff to be outraged about.
At some point the people who don't like Tobs's content just stopped reading the stuff, I guess.

I'd still much prefer here, even with the unwarranted hate and misinformation and all, if only because it's actually possible to discuss shit here without sycophants and sometimes even the writers breathing down your neck. Ironically, I find the forums to be much more toxic than here. Writers actually bullying people in the one place they have power is just sad, and the culture this results in doubly so. And I doubt anyone really cares about Fen's forums here or vice versa, tbh, but it goes both ways.

People here generally shit on the writers, but there's still quite a lot of people who frequent here who like Tobs and the other polarizing writers. It isn't a monolith.

Over on Fen's forums you can't be that vocal about your criticism without getting bombarded by people who can't afford for this game to be talked badly about, and it feels much more singular.

If one likes the discussion there more, one can just go there, not like one has to choose. But I don't get the aggression.

Last edited:

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Since I have a save for it, here is the full text of the confrontation with Garth about his wife:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And yes there are no option to choose how your char feels about all of this. TOBS simply decided that your char is disgusted at it all.
Yup. I know this one. Famously shit.

I love how Tobs decides that you will get involved in family issues because it's the right thing to do, but cannot be involved with any family shit with the Kitsune because Tobs.

There's also the whole justifications that happen if you call Gweyr a monster. Shit's hilarious. Tobs flips the entire thing around and doesn't even allow you to say a piss off. Just writes himself into your MC.

Mandoto

Mar 23, 2021
There's also the whole justifications that happen if you call Gweyr a monster. Shit's hilarious. Tobs flips the entire thing around and doesn't even allow you to say a piss off. Just writes himself into your MC.
It's just Tobs' infallible perception that the PC is schizophrenic of course.

enumate

Jun 12, 2020
destroyerofassholes, gonna add my 2 cents to this post too.

I didn't mind Tobs writing at first, and actually enjoyed it [a lot] while dopamine and sleepiness gave me the chemical equivalent of beer goggles. However, after rereading his current and new stuff all across V0.3.x I noticed it more or less killing the mood.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We are not "blinded by hate" as you claim, but because many of us continue or replay each release as if we're unpaid proof readers more or less. Plus consider how much the game is pulling in and being charged for on Steam. Don't know about you, but I'd feel a little ripped off. They have enough capital to hire better writers that'd use 2/3 less space with an increase in quality.

Fen forums, like destroyerofassholes mentioned is more or less an echo chamber. I don't expect someone who owns all Apple products to recommend me a Windows / Linux machine or vice versa. F95zone and this thread in particular has players who can actually express their 2 cents. Praise, critique, love, hate. It's all welcome here. We are thicker skinned.

Belphegor007

Aug 23, 2016
Even I'm not blinded by hate.
I'm the 14th post in this entire thread and its me shitting on Savin.

The worst thing this game has ever done has made me acknowledge Savin has some talent, because he wrote Kasyrra.
The main quest and the cute romance with Kasyrra is my favorite part of the game.

Fucking piece of shit Savin, if you were only as trash as you used to be I could of abandoned the game forever after I came back to check on it years later.

Also Wsan is the best and without him I would also drop the game

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes