Sinistrem

Feb 18, 2018
Does she have random events you're supposed to do with her in the orb or something?
Yeah, you get random events. I.e. I remember her telling me about some love novels she took from her mother and how she hopes to meet a prince in shining armor one day or something. You either can agree with her, or tell her that love is nothing like stories, and instead of looking for a prince she should find someone reliable who will understand her.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
The way it's handled is really fucking stupid, though. I spent time with her whenever I was in the orb and did her quest but I still got Hime. Even to this day I still don't know what I apparently did wrong. Does she have random events you're supposed to do with her in the orb or something?
Exactly this. There are 12 events 5 with you as her father and 7 from her point of view which are slowly unlocked by the evolution of Kiyoko aka putting Kits in her womb. If Kiyoko has 9 Tails aka 32 kits you should be able to see all events.
Those events give points and depending if you have a positive or a negative number you should get Farmer or Slut Kino.
Funfact the Kitsune Princess is actually suitable for the unconventional bow while the farmer Kinu is actually good in the signature Naginata.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
There are 12 events 5 with you as her father and 7 from her point of view which are slowly unlocked by the evolution of Kiyoko aka putting Kits in her womb. If Kiyoko has 9 Tails aka 32 kits you should be able to see all events.
TIL leaving your daughter and wife in purgatory is being a better father than actually letting them have a life. Crazy.

Sinistrem

Feb 18, 2018
TIL leaving your daughter and wife in purgatory is being a better father than actually letting them have a life. Crazy.
Well, lorewise, they stay alone and stranded without you for a decade or so, since Keros takes a decade of your time with family as payment for releasing them. So if you don't spend time with Kinu before releasing them, she sees you like 2-3 times and then spends years growing alone with Kiyoko.

I do think that pacing with fox story is all over the place. You barely have time to spend in the astral plane before you reach foxtree.

And it doesn't even stop there, when you come back to the tree for the first time you get an event with the drunk fox where others treat you as if you already have talked to them after beating their asses (Also it had friendly Nakano, which traumatized me greatly and made me instantly disable that content; there are few things in this game as horrifying as friendly Nakano).

Then you start getting "flashbacks" about Kinu despite just leaving her home for the first time, you can't even talk to Kinu at that point yourself since she is "busy helping Kiyoko".

I'm not sure whether that's continuity problems, or whoever was programming foxes being so fed up they didn't bother coding it properly.

Cerneu

Nov 9, 2017
I'm pretty sure you get a weapon training event at some point, where Kinu chooses her preferred weapon.
I know about the training event. I'm asking about why he believes that naginata is better for Inari, and bow for Hime.

Oct 10, 2021
I know about the training event. I'm asking about why he believes that naginata is better for Inari, and bow for Hime.
Inari/Farmer has bonuses to strength, toughness, and willpower. Hime/Slut has bonuses to cunning, presence and agility. The bow adds bonuses to cunning and agility while the naginata adds strength and toughness. I guess that poster wanted to double up on bonuses? I would too, if I ever bothered.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Well, lorewise, they stay alone and stranded without you for a decade or so, since Keros takes a decade of your time with family as payment for releasing them.
I.E. Nonsense to justify all the stupid drama TOBS wants to write about.
So if you don't spend time with Kinu before releasing them, she sees you like 2-3 times and then spends years growing alone with Kiyoko.
Yeah issue with that is, you don't know letting them out of the orb is going to magically make them grow a decade for no reason. It's never communicated to the player, and I find it ridiculous TOBS expects you to sit around waiting for Kiyoko to give birth 32 times for his content when the entire world is at stake. I'm not going to wait for that, especially when the canon timeline is that the whole game is supposed to take place in just a few months. It also makes no sense because it's not communicated to the player whatsoever that more births = more content with Kinu. How should we be expected to know that?

It's really obvious none of them have a clue about game design lol.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Ok I'm confused, can someone tell me why Hime/Slut apparently is more hated than Inari/Farmer? as far as I cared to read (this is Tobs we're speaking so I'm not gonna read ALL of those walls of text of pure "style" with no substance, usually I read 2 or 5 words per paragraphs with him) Hime is like a mini Kiyoko that doesn't blames you for leaving them alone for a decade.

If anything she tells you is not your fault cuz NO ONE could have expected that to happen when you took the orb to Keros instead of Inari who bails and clings to you for dear life asking how could you leave them alone with their mom (as if you fucking chose that.)

Is it because Hime wants to fuck Nakano that forum doesn't like her?

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
It might be, but ironically, that's one of the reasons I like Hime. The simple fact that you can interact with her spouse is a plus, however small, and it adds more to Nakano as a character. But at the same time, it can be frustrating because, while the situation is filled with possibilities for interesting story-telling, Tobs doesn't seem to have the skills to do anything with it. Inari, on the other hand, doesn't have as much going on since her spouse is damn near nonexistent, so it's not as much of a disappointment to me.

But this is just my opinion. I obviously don't speak for everyone.

Dreadful

Jun 12, 2017
I hated that Inari basically hated her family, more Kiyoko and siblings than MC, and that Hime was more or less a copycat that Kiyoko could live vicariously through. One was neglected and the other never had her own thoughts based on a few choices and Kiyoko's inability to raise children properly. I do understand that Inari and Hime are supposed to be absolute polar opposites, but since each version is missing a bit of something the other has, the character development is shit at best. Especially the chemistry between her and the MC in either form.

I play an orc barbarian and I wanted so badly wanted a "You see this, I helped make this. I will kill a god and then kill anyone who hurts her with that god's power" kind of connection. Especially since I was in that orb almost every night and making sure to interact with her every time.

Being a momma's girl and doing as she's told is fine, but having some defiance makes for a better character. Being petty, spiteful, and wanting distance is fine, but some caring and having understanding makes for a better character. TOBS missed the mark by a LOT in two different directions.

Even if he added a third version of her that cared for her family/heritage but wanted to branch out now that she's not stuck in the orb. Which then could lead to a better connection with not only the other kitsune but her father/sire, the adventuring MC. Which, depending on how you raised her, could have her not only choose her own boyfriend, but either be initially up front or secretive about it. So then the player can feel more included, rather than taking her perspective while the MC plows Kiyoko.

So much wasted potential.....

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
Ok I'm confused, can someone tell me why Hime/Slut apparently is more hated than Inari/Farmer? as far as I cared to read (this is Tobs we're speaking so I'm not gonna read ALL of those walls of text of pure "style" with no substance, usually I read 2 or 5 words per paragraphs with him) Hime is like a mini Kiyoko that doesn't blames you for leaving them alone for a decade.

If anything she tells you is not your fault cuz NO ONE could have expected that to happen when you took the orb to Keros instead of Inari who bails and clings to you for dear life asking how could you leave them alone with their mom (as if you fucking chose that.)

Nakano doesn't help, nor Kinu's attitude toward him after only knowing him for a short time. Loves me but also loves a man who sees me as an intruder. Lovely. Besides that, I just hate she carries on that exclusionist attitude that Kiyoko has. No say in who she marries but her mother can. Asshole trying to kill her and I get treated as if I'm overreacting for wanting to kill him
The way she talks is so dry and proper I struggle to feel like I'm talking to my daughter.

Thatguymercy

Jan 20, 2023
I'm curious now. I'm going for Inari Kinu for the first time ever and so far I like what I'm seeing. Can anyone tell me if this too somehow gets just as bad as Hime Kinu?

View attachment 2453189
God, has Tobs even talked to an actual person or child before or what? His writing is so goddamn mystic and pretentious that you can taste the specific pages of the thesaurus he read just before writing his scenes. Fuckin Kinus like 4 years old and she's speaking like a 70 year old woman.

Thatguymercy

Jan 20, 2023
God i can rant for days about this Kinu shit, what an actual waste of time. just insert a scene where after your given the choice of freeing Kiyoko, Kinu and the rest of your kids from the stone you go back into the stone and let them know that the drawback of setting them free is you not seeing them for 12 years and Kinus older appearance and weapon will reflect on how much time you spent with her.
But why am I expecting things to make sense in a game where the devs don't even want to increase the base level past fuckin 6.

Oni-Brian

Aug 8, 2017
I have found that you can run this game on a 32-bit Operating System using NW.js.

To do this you have to:

1. Download NW.js and extract it.
2. Download this game and extract the "resources" folder.
3. Move the "resources" folder to the NW.js folder.
4. Make a new batch file with the following code and save it inside the NW.js folder.
Code:
start nw --user-data-dir="%localappdata%/coc2electron/" --url="%cd%/resources/app/index.html"
5. Run the batch file.
6. ???
7. Profit.

fetishgirl

Jan 13, 2019
Inari kinu is lesser evil. She's not bad. And her BF is not cunt + She more dislike Kiyoko than you
I think she is worse personally simply because she came to hate her traditions and isolate herself from them only to marry Hitoshi the moment she leaves the orb for really stupid reasons. Also Inari definitely has some resentment towards you for not being around to protect her from Kiyoko. Hime may be naturally more dislikable but at least her behavior makes more sense considering who she is. Inari just contradicts herself repeatedly and treats you no better than Hime after her own personal quest.

Also with the latest update 5.35? Is Liaden dating now possible if you play as male but chose female pronouns?
If true is Garret next?
I wonder when if female MCs can now fuck characters like June if you choose male pronouns?
No point in giving characters preferences anymore if they are going to do this.

Goes back to the comment earlier about how the ideal way to play the game is a herm MC.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes