Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
Because that's the usual in this game. The day where Tobs write a proper, deeply characterized person with good sexual scene is more rare than a living natural red lobster
Or rarer than a release not introducing new bugs along with a bugfix for past bugs.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
I'm gonna defend Savin abit here

Tangent, recently I was discussing CoC2 with one fine lady. She shitted on it, obviously, but for the slightly unexpected reason. She claimed that CoC2 is not a furry game but a weeb game. Her arguments was 'there are no furries, only half monster girls half authors badly veiled fetish, i.e. anything except furries to appeal to weebs auditory'.
Not that she was completely wrong, since almost all of quote unquote furry characters is what could be considered a 'kemonomimi' (roughly speaking regular humans with animal traits, usually its arms and legs, sprinkled with ears, tails and such smol details).
So you guys agree that its not a furry but weeb game!?

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019

Tangent, recently I was discussing CoC2 with one fine lady. She shitted on it, obviously, but for the slightly unexpected reason. She claimed that CoC2 is not a furry game but a weeb game. Her arguments was 'there are no furries, only half monster girls half authors badly veiled fetish, i.e. anything except furries to appeal to weebs auditory'.
Not that she was completely wrong, since almost all of quote unquote furry characters is what could be considered a 'kemonomimi' (roughly speaking regular humans with animal traits, usually its arms and legs, sprinkled with ears, tails and such smol details).
I dunno, The very first inn we have are full o' dog folks, the minobro Brint, even some bosses later on like Whisper too, the Harpy we rescue, the ghosts themselves when we try and retrieve a coin or sigil whatever it is, the deer lady that can't pump kids no matter how much we pump in her and even damn Berwyn.
Think the only kemomimi are the shitsunes or I've prolly forgot more? But maybe they just spent too much time and just like us, killed their braincells from all of Tobs' shenanigans.
Why not both? :KEK:

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022

Yeah. I agree with that reasoning.

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
I dunno, The very first inn we have are full o' dog folks, the minobro Brint, even some bosses later on like Whisper too, the Harpy we rescue, the ghosts themselves when we try and retrieve a coin or sigil whatever it is, the deer lady that can't pump kids no matter how much we pump in her and even damn Berwyn.
Think the only kemomimi are the shitsunes or I've prolly forgot more? But maybe they just spent too much time and just like us, killed their braincells from all of Tobs' shenanigans.
Why not both? :KEK:
Um, you're partially wrong tho. None of the harpies are furries, Lusamine isn't a furry either, Berwyn also isn't a furry.

Only characters like Brint, which are entirely cowered in fur and have a snout, count as furries.

tbs9090

Oct 25, 2023
Um, you're partially wrong tho. None of the harpies are furries, Lusamine isn't a furry either, Berwyn also isn't a furry.

Only characters like Brint, which are entirely cowered in fur and have a snout, count as furries.
Man now you got me thinking what a furry minotaur version of brienne would look like :BootyTime:

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018

Disagree, there is a shit ton of furries (dog, wolf, horse, bees and fox) and also some of the worst of what weebs can produce.

• Angry
Reactions: Harglblah

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
Eh, the furry line is kinda whatever people want it to be. I've seen every opinion from 'ears and tail = furry' to 'it's not furry unless they full on animals'. Generally though most people seem to agree that ears and tails is just weeb stuff rather than furry (mostly because they don't want to put themselves in the furry catagory), having said that I'm pretty sure all the horse and dog dicks put CoC2 firmly in furry territory.

Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
The dude has even been clowned on both here and fen forums/discord from what I've heard.
I will happily mash on a creators work for entertainment here as I don't have to worry about making people feel a certain way. But, I still feel bad that Bubs got burned that hard. Whatever the reason is, he cut complete ties with the writing team and that's not something you generally a person would do without sufficient reason. Everybody needs somebody in their corner.

Lets not forget that they try not to get you involved in politics cause they are worried that if they offend you in some way you will fuck shit up (if you are the champion of Keros).
That soulbound sucks in general. If you compare the kitsune soulbound to the valkyrie one it's night and day. Large dialogue variations, multiple events that don't happen unless you're a valkyrie, a few chunks dedicated to it's existence, etc.

Comparing that to the foxes where you get slight dialogue changes and some middling powers is rather lackluster. Given the borderline xenophobia you'd think there'd be at least a mini plot thread instead of nothing.

Alypia really did a good job and hopefully won't lose steam.
Kitsune soulbound option is not unlike the kitsune in general.

There's the furry races like Lupines, Marefolk, Leothran or w/e they're called, and Minotaurs.
If we're to raw numbers however? There's far fewer of them than there are kitsune, bees, harpies, elves, and centaurs. All of your party members save 1 wouldn't count either I imagine. Hmm. Never really thought about this. I've always only ever went where the characters with character are.

MC can have more than 1 cock & gives you a special scene as a result!
There's more than Gytha. Hell if I can remember off the top of my head.

Just reminds me back to the days of CoC1 when it'd be easier to list NPCs that didn't take into account multiple genital's and like half of them had unique scenes for being a veritable tentacle monster. Izumi, Holli, Kiha, Helia, Scylla's support group, the forest kitsune, Isabella, Kell- actually you get the point.

Some NPCs added in either of the mods also take into account number and type and alter the scenes accordingly. Though I think most of them were only ever done by community writers though so obviously you wouldn't get that kind of energy here.

Reactions: JungleNuts

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019

Looks like I need to do some changes on whatever my furry scale is. :KEK:
I guess animal dicks don't count along with other features.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Nah she was wrong, there's ton of furries in this game, just to name the female ones:
-The entire Marefolk village.
-Garth's daughter whose name I forgot.
-Vari.
-Evergreen.
And to a lesser extend:
-Imora & some of them Siorcana Shark girls.
-Lyric & the Kobols in the undermountain.

Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
Totally forgot about the sharks and the Tanuki's too. I'd say there's an event split when it comes to races. Sharks totally count, they've got snouts and everything.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Wsan news:

In response to if Kalysea is forgotten about:
She isn’t. I’ll be working on some cool new Kalysea stuff by the time December rolls around, even.

in response to a query about Alante:

Of my next 3 projects, 2 of them involve the arena, so that’ll be happening early 2024.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes