crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
No one both accounts. Nothing ever came from the import system CoC1 had as an afterthought and CoC2 was purposely made to be un-moddable.

Reactions: enumate

enumate

Jun 12, 2020
Ok, I just binge-played CoC 1. Fun, I'd say(extremely), yes I'm late to the game. But I should've sleep for the last 3 days. Now, I'm kinda confused, can I actually import save game from CoC 1 to CoC 2? Any mods for this? Some fun stuff? The wikia kinda makes me even dizzier, and this 230 pages thread gave me extra conniptions.
Was a big fan of CoC1 especially the mod for mobile.

crash.7ds is right, game is pretty much un-moddable. Closest thing would be using the save editor. Also the wiki is still in development.

pocongmaster

Jan 2, 2018
Oh, well. Those are really unfortunate. I shouldn't be too attached to my previous characters.

Still trying out this sequel, albeit treading at slower pace.

James3

Dec 12, 2018
Annoys me that they couldn't even read that file enough to get the gender pronouns right. The character I commpleted it with never became a herm and only let a Sand Witch cast once. He was a dude.

sickdude

Sep 15, 2020
Is there any new content with Kasyrra (havent played for 3 months)?? there are so many sidequests added but I am really interested in the corruption stuff and main story part...

Reactions: throbzombie

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
Is there any new content with Kasyrra (havent played for 3 months)?? there are so many sidequests added but I am really interested in the corruption stuff and main story part...
Nope, nothing other than Halloween event was added recently.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Hey guys! so...i read the (Very Outdated) Wikia and found a nifty little bit
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
where it explains that Souls aren't a person's spiritual form but rather it's capacity for Empathy/it's Morality given form and the thing that gives them the ability to care for anyone other than themselves.

While the SPIRIT for lack of a better word IS your Spiritual self given form, so TECHNICALLY there is an explanation there about how Kiyoko can still be alive since Kitsunes lack a SOUL and not a SPIRIT, so there...some method to the madness of the Kitsunes.

But now that poses the very, VERY uncomfortable question about your relationship with Kiyoko, Kinu and the Kitsunes in general: Did they ever Cared for you?

HELL their own relationships among eachother where they show COMPANIONSHIP AND GENUINE CARE FOR EACHOTHER SHOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE IF SOULS-ARE-EMPATHY-AND-THEY-DON'T-HAVE-ONE! they should behave exactly like Kass albeit more polite since their cultural shtick...but i guess NOBODY TOLD THE OBSERVER THAT LITTLE FACT WHEN HE DECIDED TO MAKE KITSUNELAND!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Kitsune share one big soul as Keros described it. One of your rewards as champion of Keros is you being able to join them in afterlife, by making you a part of kitsune society as whole.

sigh ok thanks!
Well, not exactly nothing. She does show up in new bad end. Pretty fun one, I may add. But that is basically it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sickdude

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Kitsune share one big soul as Keros described it. One of your rewards as champion of Keros is you being able to join them in afterlife, by making you a part of kitsune society as whole.
I know that, i'm pointing out that The Game's Lore seems to flip back and forth about what a Soul IS quite alot, for one side you have the wikia stating that Souls and Spirits AREN'T the same, a Spirit is the ethereal recollection of your person, your memories, thoughts, feelings etc, a Soul however is your Empathy/Moral/Capacity to care for people besides yourself and this makes Kitsune a huge contradiction because:
1) While it makes sense Kiyoko can exist as a Spirit since even if she lacks a Soul that's not what the game considers as the "Core" for someone to exist without a body/in spiritual form, NOW you gotta face the fact she lacks a Soul, the thing in charge of giving her Empathy/the ability to give a damn about you, or Kinu, or her God or anyone but Herself! (essentially she is the same as Kassyrra.)
2) Same thing applies to every other Kitsune that exists, Keros is not holding their spiritual beings in that "Collective Soul", what he is holding there is their COLLECTIVE MORALITY/EMPATHY, so while as a God he could make an Afterlife for all the Kitsune to go to when they die that is not linked to wether or not all their souls belong to Keros in the first place, they still have Spirits as Kiyoko shows, and they should all be behaving like frigging Skavens from Warhammer not giving a damn about anyone but themselves since that capacity to care is what Keros is collecting!
so Which one is it? are ALL Kitsunes just behaving in a way that SHOULDN'T be possible to them because Plothole/Expressing the capacity to give a fuck for other people they never had to beguin with?
OR
Souls ARE your spiritual being manifested and the whole Empathy thing is bullshit meaning that Kiyoko is still a massive Plothole and shouldn't be trapped as a spirit to beguin with?
Either way you slice it seems to me there's a plothole here.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
I know that, i'm pointing out that The Game's Lore seems to flip back and forth about what a Soul IS quite alot, for one side you have the wikia stating that Souls and Spirits AREN'T the same, a Spirit is the ethereal recollection of your person, your memories, thoughts, feelings etc, a Soul however is your Empathy/Moral/Capacity to care for people besides yourself and this makes Kitsune a huge contradiction because:
1) While it makes sense Kiyoko can exist as a Spirit since even if she lacks a Soul that's not what the game considers as the "Core" for someone to exist without a body/in spiritual form, NOW you gotta face the fact she lacks a Soul, the thing in charge of giving her Empathy/the ability to give a damn about you, or Kinu, or her God or anyone but Herself! (essentially she is the same as Kassyrra.)
2) Same thing applies to every other Kitsune that exists, Keros is not holding their spiritual beings in that "Collective Soul", what he is holding there is their COLLECTIVE MORALITY/EMPATHY, so while as a God he could make an Afterlife for all the Kitsune to go to when they die that is not linked to wether or not all their souls belong to Keros in the first place, they still have Spirits as Kiyoko shows, and they should all be behaving like frigging Skavens from Warhammer not giving a damn about anyone but themselves since that capacity to care is what Keros is collecting!
so Which one is it? are ALL Kitsunes just behaving in a way that SHOULDN'T be possible to them because Plothole/Expressing the capacity to give a fuck for other people they never had to beguin with?
OR
Souls ARE your spiritual being manifested and the whole Empathy thing is bullshit meaning that Kiyoko is still a massive Plothole and shouldn't be trapped as a spirit to beguin with?
Either way you slice it seems to me there's a plothole here.
or, more likely:

they were trying to be deep and different and completely forgot about their own definitions for shit.

like how savin forgot how big of a dick etheryn can take lul

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
or, more likely:

they were trying to be deep and different and completely forgot about their own definitions for shit.

like how savin forgot how big of a dick etheryn can take lul
Well the Kitsunes are almost entirely The Observer's special snowflake aren't they? i can totally see him forget their own rules and just writting whatever the fuck he wants i mean, ain't that Kinu in a nutshell?

Reactions: actualrealname

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
They still have a soul. The thing is, there collective soul is not inside of there bodies like with rest of the races. It is in some other plane, outside of them. That is basic jist of it. As long as they are connected to that soul, they have empathy and all that other stuff that differentiates them from demons.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Fucking SNIP
Yeah, I don't know about that explanation for souls. Kasyrra seems to show genuine grief over he "daughters" in the WC encounter, and the demon merchant's account contradicts the "lack of empathy" explanation, describing it as "inhibitions". But of course, in CoC1, the soul was just your spiritual self, no long-winded explanation needed.
They still have a soul. The thing is, there collective soul is not inside of there bodies like with rest of the races. It is in some other plane, outside of them. That is basic jist of it. As long as they are connected to that soul, they have empathy and all that other stuff that differentiates them from demons.
How do you share a soul if the soul isn't inside you? Is it like the cloud, and they just download soul stuffy when they need it? Also, if they share this big-ass soul, then why do they need to eat souls?

Last edited:

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Yeah, I don't know about that explanation for souls. Kasyrra seems to show genuine grief over he "daughters" in the WC encounter, and the demon merchant's account contradicts the "lack of empathy" explanation, describing it as "inhibitions". But of course, in CoC1, the soul was just your spiritual self, no long-winded explanation needed.
True that, doesn't help either that the wikia has been abbandoned for god knows how long, at this point Souls sound more like the Macguffing of the game, they are whatever the plot needs them to be.
BTW it would be HILARIOUS if it was the Empathy thing all along and giving your soul to one of the Gods allowed your character to become more selfish/self-centered and unloked certain "Corruption" path but i doubt they have that in mind seeing how little corruption content there is.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
True that, doesn't help either that the wikia has been abbandoned for god knows how long, at this point Souls sound more like the Macguffing of the game, they are whatever the plot needs them to be.
BTW it would be HILARIOUS if it was the Empathy thing all along and giving your soul to one of the Gods allowed your character to become more selfish/self-centered and unloked certain "Corruption" path but i doubt they have that in mind seeing how little corruption content there is.
Heh, that would mean that all of the gods' most zealous followers are actually demons, meaning that they would also spread corruption everywhere they go. And corruption bares the land and turns flora and fauna into dangerous monsters, meaning that the gods' influence is malignant, just like the demons'. Wow, did Savin even consider the implications of this lore change?

• Haha
Reactions: NODOGAN

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020

How do you share a soul if the soul isn't inside you? Is it like the cloud, and they just download soul energy when they need it? Also, if they share this big-ass soul, then why do they need to eat souls?
Best way to describe it is like this. You know shows about giant robots. Well, in most cases, the person that controls the giant Robot does it from inside of it. That is how most souls do it. But at same time, other merchandise toys get controlled remotly from some other room by sending them commands. Like joystic controlled toy car. That is a kitsune soul.

As for sexual feeding, as far as I understand, is like this.What is keeping kitsunes and everyone souls connected to physical world is their bodies. Since Kitsunes soul is not directly inside of them, their connection and with it their physical form is not as stable as it is with other species. So they need to keep there bodies from degrading. And what makes up your bodies? From kitsunes understanding, Chi. So they need chi from other species to keep there conection constant. Basic gist of it.

What being a demon means is not that you only lose your soul from your body, you also lose connection to it. So as long as we keep our conection to it, we are find and dandy.

Last edited:

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Best way to describe it is like this. You know shows about giant robots. Well, in most cases, the person that controls the giant Robot does it from inside of it. That is how most souls do it. But at same time, other merchandise toys get controlled remotly from some other room by sending them commands. Like joystic controlled toy car. That is a kitsune soul.

As for sexual feeding, as far as I understand, is like this.What is keeping kitsunes and everyone souls connected to physical world is their bodies. Since Kitsunes soul is not directly inside of them, their connection and with it their physical form is not as stable as it is with other species. So they need to keep there bodies from degrading. And what makes up your bodies? From kitsunes understanding, Chi. So they need chi from other species to keep there conection constant. Basic gist of it.

And no, what being a demon means is not that you only lose your soul from your body, you also lose connection to it. So as long as we keep our conection to it, we are find and dandy.
Imma be honest, I still think that this entire devil's advocate for savin stuff completely falls apart considering that Kas did feel what seems like genuine sadness for the death of her lizard experiment shits, and saw them as her daughters. That seems like empathy. And one of her goals seems to be to have a true child, not like a "soulless" imp, which again, would kinda require empathy to even care about.

I think we can all agree that the writers as a whole established some rules, only to promptly throw them out of the way and do whatever they want.

Because the "soul is empathy, and spirit is like, the actual soul" shit makes 0 sense and many in-game things simply seem to not adhere to them, case in point the main fucking villain.

Who is also, for whatever fucking reason, is capable of "loving you" in one of the bad ends, when her ...soul??? spirit??? is stolen and put next to you.

And I don't see anything stating that Kas is a special demon who still has her soul or anything. Or that she has a connection to it. Or anything, really.

Not like I'm complaining about that bad ending, cuz I do like Kas and I hope we get to make her a waifu somehow, but yeah this entire soul/spirit argument is pretty pointless because the authors give less of a shit about this than any of us do as we write these essays about them.

im also kinda sick and cant rly write anything comprehensible

Last edited:

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Imma be honest, I still think that this entire devil's advocate for savin stuff completely falls apart considering that Kas did feel what seems like genuine sadness for the death of her lizard experiment shits, and saw them as her daughters. That seems like empathy. And one of her goals seems to be to have a true child, not like a "soulless" imp, which again, would kinda require empathy to even care about.

I think we can all agree that the writers as a whole established some rules, only to promptly throw them out of the way and do whatever they want.

Because the "soul is empathy, and spirit is like, the actual soul" shit makes 0 sense and many in-game things simply seem to not adhere to them, case in point the main fucking villain.

Who is also, for whatever fucking reason, is capable of "loving you" in one of the bad ends, when her ...soul??? spirit??? is stolen and put next to you.

And I don't see anything stating that Kas is a special demon who still has her soul or anything. Or that she has a connection to it. Or anything, really.

Not like I'm complaining about that bad ending, cuz I do like Kas and I hope we get to make her a waifu somehow, but yeah this entire soul/spirit argument is pretty pointless because the authors give less of a shit about this than any of us do as we write these essays about them.
Belive me, I am not putting much effort into what I am writing half of the time. These are just things that game explained to me and I am just abridging them to people here.
Everything that I wrote seems to make sense. Now if the game is following the rules that it itself set up, is debatable.
For example, lacking in empathy. Empathy, in its most basic terms, is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another. Now what does it exactly mean, in the game, to lose it? From what I understand, it makes you unable to understand people emotionally (not logically) and you do not consider others when you are trying to accomplish your goals. So that does not mean you lack emotions, it means you just become self centered when pursuing your plans.

So it could explain from certain point of view Kas actions. She is not doing anything for our sake, she is doing it for hers. She is not letting us keep our soul because out if goodness of her heart. She is letting us keep it because she wants us to get stronger. Since, as in OG, souls have power, and ours is especially special and strong one. Her falling in love with us does not mean that she is considering our emotions and feelings into equation. It just means that she fell in love with us. Her desire for children just means that she wants children. How she gets it, does not matter.
Now this all seems to vague for my licking. Since empathy in itself is such wide term. What other person consider empathy could be seen as selfish desire to others. And some people could do some things out of empathy, others could do same things out of selfish reasons.

But as you said, maybe they did it purporsly that way. To make it easier for them to write. Would not be the first time authors did something out of pure laziness.

Reactions: destroyerofassholes

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Belive me, I am not putting much effort into what I am writing half of the time. These are just things that game explained to me and I am just abridging them to people here.
Everything that I wrote seems to make sense. Now if the game is following the rules that it itself set up, is debatable.
For example, lacking in empathy. Empathy, in its most basic terms, is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another. Now what does it exactly mean, in the game, to lose it? From what I understand, it makes you unable to understand people emotionally (not logically) and you do not consider others when you are trying to accomplish your goals. So that does not mean you lack emotions, it means you just become self centered when pursuing your plans.

So it could explain from certain point of view Kas actions. She is not doing anything for our sake, she is doing it for hers. She is not letting us keep our soul because out if goodness of her heart. She is letting us keep it because she wants us to get stronger. Since, as in OG, souls have power, and ours is especially special and strong one. Her falling in love with us does not mean that she is considering our emotions and feelings into equation. It just means that she fell in love with us. Her desire for children just means that she wants children. How she gets it, does not matter.
Now this all seems to vague for my licking. Since empathy in itself is such wide term. What other person consider empathy could be seen as selfish desire to others. And some people could do some things out of empathy, others could do same things out of selfish reasons.

But as you said, maybe they did it purporsly that way. To make it easier for them to write. Would not be the first time authors did something out of pure laziness.
I think the main way we differ is that I consider empathy a requirement to even feel things like love in the first place, even the most selfish, unhealthy feelings of love have to have like a milligram of empathy to function. But then it comes to semantics, what is empathy, how wide is the term, where can we limit its meaning? And at that point it's not worth it to discuss over a porn game.

I'm completely fine with the stuff you write, but it's extremely obvious the writers give no fucks about the rules....which is why I don't think we should take them seriously (or even as canon) at this point either.

Also on a side note, let's take "souls have power" as an example.

This is a classic example of them not caring. The soul here definitely means "spirit" (because it's such a generic thing for souls to have power, it's expected). As in the classical meaning of a soul, that they decided to call the capacity for empathy here. So why the f is it "souls have power", when it should be "spirits have power"?

So what, if we are strong because of our special soul, does that mean we are super empathetic? Wouldn't that make us negative corrupt, in a sense? Since being corrupt is not having empathy. But you can be super powerful and have 100 corruption in both games. Which means no soul. And no empathy. But you have power. Because you were born special with a special soul.

I think they themselves confuse their own terms of soul and spirit all the time. They give "soul" a specific meaning but continue to call it by its classical definition.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes