RenH

Nov 5, 2020
Savin is too busy berating people on the forums and playing bizarre sexual DnD games with a bunch of dudes. Just check his YouTube channel, there's 10s of hours of it just within the last week (don't recommend watching anything though, I did for about 4 minutes and concluded it would be more fun to slowly peel off all my skin). He's clearly content to just rake in tons of money for a bare minimum effort.
He has a Youtube channel???

I know it's stupid to start disliking content because of the actions of the creator or the fandom, but boy is this making it tempting to do so. Not only is most of his YT content low-effort but the fact that he's playing DnD, a TTRPG where it's mostly about giving the players a power fantasy, while also denying his own playerbase that enjoyment, is just grating. His channel reflects his own attitude towards his own game too: Low-effort, not much input, cruising by on the work already done for him.

j_ericson

Aug 28, 2021
The whole Einin situation is a mess.

On one hand, William has been working on her for years and it's his own fault for putting meat on before the skeleton was done and the deadline has existed and made known to the public months ago.

On the other, however, William said that he wasn't never made aware of a deadline which I'm not sure I entirely buy. Either he missed every single time it was mentioned in discord or he thoght he would be expemt because the point of the deadline was to make it so the writer and coders don't have to go back through the whole game and add new interactions where it would be needed, and on that point a bunch of stuff where Einin would have a role was already future proofed and the code references her.

Seems like there was a huge lack of communication between Will and Savin during this whole thing with both sides assuming that the other was aware of the whole situation and not bothering to confirm.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OofSs and A.HK

Mandoto

Mar 23, 2021
He has a Youtube channel???

I know it's stupid to start disliking content because of the actions of the creator or the fandom, but boy is this making it tempting to do so. Not only is most of his YT content low-effort but the fact that he's playing DnD, a TTRPG where it's mostly about giving the players a power fantasy, while also denying his own playerbase that enjoyment, is just grating. His channel reflects his own attitude towards his own game too: Low-effort, not much input, cruising by on the work already done for him.
The stuff on his YouTube and Twitch channel get next to no engagement. I do think it could be funny for him to go from nothing one day to all of his recent videos being dislike bombed the next and have him wonder what the fuck is happening, but at the end of the day, I don't think he's worth even the few seconds that would take.

Reactions: throbzombie
Jul 22, 2019
You and me both lol. Sorta getting nervous for the rest of the city, hope it's not all cowgirls and fat cait stuff. Would've been cool if Brint had a brother or uncle or something.
I think fat cait is very possibly the single dumbest thing they're planning on implementing (arguably the dumbest across all of their games), so there's at least the absolutely rampant shitposting it'll cause to look forward to.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Oh look a new update! soooo...have we unlocked level 7 yet?
If not i'll pass, promised myself not to download until they let us level up yet-again (the version i crrently have on my pc is from BEFORE Gweyr's quest was finished, hoooo boy do i have some catch-up to do once they finally release level 7 and i get to play again!)

EmptyHusk97

May 9, 2020
Oh look a new update! soooo...have we unlocked level 7 yet?
If not i'll pass, promised myself not to download until they let us level up yet-again (the version i crrently have on my pc is from BEFORE Gweyr's quest was finished, hoooo boy do i have some catch-up to do once they finally release level 7 and i get to play again!)
Level 7 is planned for 2022

Reactions: NODOGAN

stella9410

Sep 14, 2019
Guys, is there any translator for the game?
Well, or mechanical, such as translation from Google right in the game, so as not to switch between the windows of the game and the translator.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Guys, is there any translator for the game?
Well, or mechanical, such as translation from Google right in the game, so as not to switch between the windows of the game and the translator.
Ehh? You think there are someone that, without any jokes or any humorous reason, actually WANTS translate this from fuckengllish to other language??

CratorH8er

Mar 10, 2021
Correct me if I'm wrong since I'm not terribly familiar with the William issue, but couldn't Savin just boot him off the team? You said so yourself that William works under Fenoxo, not Savin. Unless it's clear that there's a hierarchy where Fenoxo has the authority to push people onto others, Savin, as project manager, should still be able to knock William off the team. It doesn't need to the termination of his employment, just get him to do anything else but CoC2.
Who says Savin needs to threaten William? Just because Savin isn't the main employer doesn't mean he doesn't have control over his team structure. We're talking about a 40k month game, not some small time community college theatre project where the director is forced to take on actors at the producers whim.

Like RenH also mentioned. William could just be moved to a different team or have control to throw him somewhere besides CoC2. Project management is the fine line between the bigger bucks people and workers. Savin as the midpoint who ensures the game is made in a timely fashion with quality standards set by him or Fenoxo or the stakeholders still bears responsibility of not letting the employees run rampant or produce little to no content.

William, Tobs, etc. could drag their feet and Savin would/should be on the chopping block if he can't get them working else they need to be fired or transferred under another project manager to take care of them.
Lmao you guys, I hope you're sitting down because I'm about to blow your mind.

William was never a part of the CoC2 team, he has always been a part of the TiTS team under Fenoxo ( ). Einen was a side project.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
William was never a part of the CoC2 team, he has always been a part of the TiTS team under Fenoxo ( ). Einen was a side project.
You know, this really isn't the own you think it is. It's surprising and shocking, sure, but all this really does is make this whole thing seem even dumber than it already is. If anything this simply raises several questions like why on Earth would Savin even let someone who isn't even on his team, is unironically making the character as a side project, do so to begin with? I've always had a gut feeling that project management is going to be proper borked but holy hell.

CratorH8er

Mar 10, 2021
You know, this really isn't the own you think it is. It's surprising and shocking, sure, but all this really does is make this whole thing seem even dumber than it already is. If anything this simply raises several questions like why on Earth would Savin even let someone who isn't even on his team, is unironically making the character as a side project, do so to begin with? I've always had a gut feeling that project management is going to be proper borked but holy hell.
Because William is a popular writer with a proven track record until now. Clearly he and like half the people in the past 5 pages of this thread thought he'd be able to do it.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes