Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Isn't that a bit funny in retrospect? I get why but not being able to reform the drunkard because his writer isn't around to OK it feels like a bit of a punchline.

That said, couldn't they just make it an alternative, then? Not like this game doesn't have locked off content as it is, right?
No, no, backwards.

The current writer of Azami WASNT going to redeem him, he was basically going to have him just be a terrible person so the girl comes to her senses and dumps him. That's what people were taking issue with; just tossing him under the bus so it was easy to take a shot at Azami.

I'm not sure what was decided on (the writer of course has the final say) but the general sentiment was negative towards that idea and leaning towards at the very least having choices.

Personally I'd be fine with the thruple if my futa girl could top both of them.

Reactions: NODOGAN and M0nte

Tsubuhaza

Sep 28, 2020
No, no, backwards.

The current writer of Azami WASNT going to redeem him, he was basically going to have him just be a terrible person so the girl comes to her senses and dumps him. That's what people were taking issue with; just tossing him under the bus so it was easy to take a shot at Azami.

I'm not sure what was decided on (the writer of course has the final say) but the general sentiment was negative towards that idea and leaning towards at the very least having choices.
...Oh, then that's just stupid. You ought to give people choices whenever you can, anyway. And if the writer has a moan, just have said writer come up with a point of divergence and let it be open for someone else to write the redeem path or something.

I think he is overhated because, quite frankly, he is so easy to ignore. Unless you have Hime Kinu, the most you need to interact with him is when he gives you a quest. And even outside of it, he is so limited in terms of content (owing to his dissinterest in talking to you in universe and Tobs dissinterest in writing for him) that his snobishness does not really go that far.

There is not really much there to cause such strong vitriol here.
I can't quite recall which Kinu I got, think it was the low-cut dress one but I do remember him showing up, which is where I got my distaste of him. Truth be told, that kitsune den as a whole was quite enough. I like my eyes not rolling over for half an hour.

Reactions: SirJahar

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
...Oh, then that's just stupid. You ought to give people choices whenever you can, anyway. And if the writer has a moan, just have said writer come up with a point of divergence and let it be open for someone else to write the redeem path or something.
That's actually exactly where they seemed to have landed. He mentioned softening the part where they break up to leave room for a redemption arc where you get them back together (less of the drunk just being a terrible person and more him just failing to get his shit together wothout your help), and the writer who wants to write basically what Bubs wanted may take up that part (incidentally, he's the guy who has some Quinn stuff in the works and mentioned wanting to write for all Bubs' characters).

But again, who knows how much of this actually happens?

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes