Mrbark1234

Jun 3, 2022
I thought they rewrote Azami to dislike drinky fox show when they turned her into a proper character?
Are you sure because drunk cunt was meant to get a bunch of quests were we help him marry Azami by convincing her father that the drunk cheating racist is the best option she's gonna get also we we're also gonna get the option to be he's concubine I guess the racism leaves he's body when he's balls deep in us

Oct 10, 2021
Are you sure because drunk cunt was meant to get a bunch of quests were we help him marry Azami by convincing her father that the drunk cheating racist is the best option she's gonna get also we we're also gonna get the option to be he's concubine I guess the racism leaves he's body when he's balls deep in us
He was supposed to get those quests, but his writer bounced. Bubbles is gone. And we know that Savin and co are fair and measured with their retribution when writers ditch them, right? :)

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Actually, Azami is 100% Tobs' character, Bubbles just had permission to write for her. And since he never did, the way is clear for anyone to write whatever.

There was actually a pretty long conversation in March on the Discord over what the writer who's currently working on Azami was planning on doing, and there was some disagreement.

I think like...two people have plans for Azami and there might end up being multiple routes.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Wouldn't know, got stuck with Hime Kinu, and in that one it's a good thing and Kiyoko lists being her mother as a reason why she gets a say so, ignoring me being her father.
It is less of Kiyoko controlling her eldest and more so the fact that Kinu just kind of is K with whatever her mother wants since it coincides with her wants. She wants to marry Nakano. She wants to be a den mother. Those are things instilled into her by you and your dream waifu, yes, but the end decision is her own.

Kiyoko may think that she has a final say, and since Kitsune are a matriarchies to some extent, she does. But, as Imati shows, at the end of the day it is Kinu who is the one deciding her fate.

I think so? At the very least it is hinted at that Komari is much more happy with Kinu marrying the honest farm boy Hitoshi than her own Grandson of better status.

Sidenote: Can I just say how funny to me is that ALL Kitsune you ask about Tob's self-insert describe him as a stickler for rules with a 10ft pole up his ass and his brain unable to leave the box?

Like...when you stop and read the text-walls (I know is a slog/not something one normally would do) everybody says that boy is not right, like...are we SURE Nakano is Tob's self-insert? because I would expect a self-insert of a weeb to be praised by every NPC in the fox house and instead we get the exact oposite of that lol.
Nakano is a fine lad, yes. He is just overhated here.

Last edited:

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Tbh I think this thread has devolved to the point of having a counter-counter-culture where shit is so shat on that things are turning back full circle into defending things that are actually shit as a reaction. Especially with the oldest posters.

I understand that some of you guys are very tired of the endless shitting but the hills you die on are genuinely fucking stupid at times.

Last edited:

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Drunk fox is not a forever virgin, there's a random chance to walk in on him fucking Azami every time you enter the fox den.

But at least there's a choice to never see those random encounters again.
You're right I forgot that! My bad I was only thinking on the chilhood friend of Drunk Fox who hates what he has become and was gonna marry him if he wasn't such a mess.
I take it back Drunk Fox ain't a virgin (still not helping him tho, would much rather steal his Totally-Not-GF lol)

Reactions: Wrynn13

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
tobs kinu was a spite project and a salt mine.png

where tobs EXPLICITLY states that kinu is a "spite project and a salt mine".
> Dev: literally a spite project and salt mine
Kinu's initial pitch was as a spite project to mess with people who were still freshly upset about helspawn incest, but everything after that was just tobs writing his own malformed princess maker game. He wrote several books worth of content for her in his free time, and despite what this forum shows, that is not something only spite can fuel.
You can just say you dislike his writing. It's not hard.
> it started as a spite project
> it isn't one anymore.
> because spite cannot fuel this much effort

is this what Stockholm syndrome combined with excessive faith in humanity looks like?
spite is endless. the sheer amount of effort and pain people will go through out of spite will boggle your mind.

Tsubuhaza

Sep 28, 2020
He was supposed to get those quests, but his writer bounced. Bubbles is gone. And we know that Savin and co are fair and measured with their retribution when writers ditch them, right? :)
I presumed he'd just be left to rot. It's not like he brought anything remotely good for the game besides for the ones who thought being the podium for him to climb on and be a successful asshat could be a fun time.

I think like...two people have plans for Azami and there might end up being multiple routes.
Out of curiosity, do you recall where those routes would go?

I disagree vehemently with that. It's not even because of the whole "oh, it's Tobs' OC" thing either, he's just genuinely a character that makes it very hard for the reader to consider him remotely positive.

He just wrote a Japanese Meiji Era traditionalist asshole with tails, it would be odd if people from the outside sympathized with the fucker. Hell, if he's so passionate about the blade, let him go try and take a bullet to the teeth like Mitsurugi in Soul Blade, then I'll rethink about him.

> Dev: literally a spite project and salt mine

> it started as a spite project
> it isn't one anymore.
> because spite cannot fuel this much effort

is this what Stockholm syndrome combined with excessive faith in humanity looks like?
spite is endless. the sheer amount of effort and pain people will go through out of spite will boggle your mind.
Spite is basically one of humanity's strongest emotions. Guy could get ashamed that he devoted that much time to spite over people who genuinely moved on from it or aren't around to even look at the result though.

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
It is less of Kiyoko controlling her eldest and more so the fact that Kinu just kind of is K with whatever her mother wants since it coincides with her wants. She wants to marry Nakano. She wants to be a den mother. Those are things instilled into her by you and your dream waifu, yes, but the end decision is her own.

Kiyoko may think that she has a final say, and since Kitsune are a matriarchies to some extent, she does. But, as Imati shows, at the end of the day it is Kinu who is the one deciding her fate.
A distinction without a difference. She wants those things because Kiyoko uses her role as her mother to dictate what she does. By her own admission, Kiyoko was the one who pushed the engagement right out of the amulet. Nakano and Kinu barely knew each other beforehand. No one frames it as her just gassing herself up, which even if true just makes her look worse by downplaying me even more. These writers are just great at torpedoing their own characters.
Disagree. He's written to be disliked and Tobs gives us no reason to do otherwise. There's no arc of you bonding with him as father and son-in-law, every conversation with every other NPC is about how stuck up he is, Kinu blows up at you for even doubting him, made a bunch of missions to do for him and his attitude toward you never changes. Tobs had no interest in making you like him. You're only soft on him because you want to fuck him.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Out of curiosity, do you recall where those routes would go?
There was a little bit of an argument, it seemed.The guy currently writing Azami stuff wanted to paint the drunk as a terrible person who was alway a manipulative liar even when not drunk, presumably to give a reason for them to break it off permanently, and several people took issue with that as it seemed pretty far from both the intended characterization and the little thats in game, and took issue with his alcoholism being dismissed as an issue.

People are a bit leery of ended up with another Hugs situation and taking a character in a completely different (and mostly negative) direction, especially since teeeechnically Bubbles is just on a longish break, AND since he's writing an Azami expansion by throwing Taka under the bus, which messes up the plans of anyone who was planning on writing for Taka (which someone apparently was).

SO there was talk of two routes, one where they break up (and Taka kinda gets his shit together afterwards after hitting rock bottom) and one where they get together.

Though tbh, the former one is currently FAR more likely, as it was the one actually being written.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
A distinction without a difference.
Of course you could see it is Kiyoko indocturating her daughter into her way of life. But that is what a lot of the parents do and, through inari Kinu, it shown that sometimes their wishes conflict with the wishes of their kid. Yet sometimes, a childs dream coincides with their own.

And while, yes, these are written characters, that is precisely why this idea that "Kiyoko forced Hime into the aranged marrige" just does not hold watter. Since the text and the reading of the same text shows that Kinu is into Nakano. It is shown that she enjoys the position of a Kitsune Matron. And it is shown, through her counterpart, that while all those things (her taste in men and her work ethics) are things she shares with her controling mother, if she so chooses, she could refuse it.

No he's just a fuckin dickhead. Everyone who knows him, most notably his family, constantly tell you "yeah hes a dickhead but cut him some slack."
I disagree vehemently with that. It's not even because of the whole "oh, it's Tobs' OC" thing either, he's just genuinely a character that makes it very hard for the reader to consider him remotely positive.

He just wrote a Japanese Meiji Era traditionalist asshole with tails, it would be odd if people from the outside sympathized with the fucker. Hell, if he's so passionate about the blade, let him go try and take a bullet to the teeth like Mitsurugi in Soul Blade, then I'll rethink about him.
Look, as Bio implied, a lot of my attraction stems from his bust and he looks. What can I say, I am an easily swindled girl.

But do not not missjudge it. I am not claiming that he is some kind of saint. I like him because he is a dick and a failure. From what little we know of him, he is a sore loser that can not live with the fact that not matter how many boots he licks, he will never amount to something in Kitsune society. For it is a faulty system that values social standing over personal aptitude.

And it would be one thing if game lets him off scot free. But no. Unless he marries your daughter or rindo, he is stuck as a perpetual failure.

All those things just make me want to actually fuck him. He has that hardcore tsundere appeal that I, and many others, fine appealing.
Tbh I think this thread has devolved to the point of having a counter-counter-culture where shit is so shat on that things are turning back full circle into defending things that are actually shit as a reaction. Especially with the oldest posters.

I understand that some of you guys are very tired of the endless shitting but the hills you die on are genuinely fucking stupid at times.
I would just like to say that my comment about Nakano was and is an opinion I had since beginning. There are plenty of posts of me in the past proving as much.

Same with Kinu. I defended some of the writing choices even when old guard was exchoing these same points. Not all of them, mind you. Just ones that I felt were misconstrued.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: SirJahar

Tsubuhaza

Sep 28, 2020
There was a little bit of an argument, it seemed.The guy currently writing Azami stuff wanted to paint the drunk as a terrible person who was alway a manipulative liar even when not drunk, presumably to give a reason for them to break it off permanently, and several people took issue with that as it seemed pretty far from both the intended characterization and the little thats in game, and took issue with his alcoholism being dismissed as an issue.

People are a bit leery of ended up with another Hugs situation and taking a character in a completely different (and mostly negative) direction, especially since teeeechnically Bubbles is just on a longish break, AND since he's writing an Azami expansion by throwing Taka under the bus, which messes up the plans of anyone who was planning on writing for Taka (which someone apparently was).

SO there was talk of two routes, one where they break up (and Taka kinda gets his shit together afterwards after hitting rock bottom) and one where they get together.

Though tbh, the former one is currently FAR more likely, as it was the one actually being written.
Isn't that a bit funny in retrospect? I get why but not being able to reform the drunkard because his writer isn't around to OK it feels like a bit of a punchline.

That said, couldn't they just make it an alternative, then? Not like this game doesn't have locked off content as it is, right?

Look, as Bio implied, a lot of my attraction stems from his bust and he looks. What can I say, I am an easily swindled girl.

But do not not missjudge it. I am not claiming that he is some kind of saint. I like him because he is a dick and a failure. From what little we know of him, he is a sore loser that can not live with the fact that not matter how many boots he licks, he will never amount to something in Kitsune society. For it is a faulty system that values social standing over personal aptitude.

And it would be one thing if game lets him off scot free. But no. Unless he marries your daughter or rindo, he is stuck as a perpetual failure.

All those things just make me want to actually fuck him. He has that hardcore tsundere appeal that I, and many others, fine appealing.
Yeah, but that's the thing. You're jumping from one thing to something way bigger there. I'm not going to tell you what to like or dislike, that's really up to you. Same with anyone that's ever posted here, defending the game or not, it's up to them and I'm not (and never should be) at the position where I can just tell people what they should enjoy.

But the same characteristics that you enjoy on him are the characteristics that we dislike and therefore, part of why we despise him. So he's not overhated, it's merely how each person feels about him. Like him all you want but the vitriol is deserved on his end.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
But the same characteristics that you enjoy on him are the characteristics that we dislike and therefore, part of why we despise him. So he's not overhated, it's merely how each person feels about him. Like him all you want but the vitriol is deserved on his end.
I think he is overhated because, quite frankly, he is so easy to ignore. Unless you have Hime Kinu, the most you need to interact with him is when he gives you a quest. And even outside of it, he is so limited in terms of content (owing to his dissinterest in talking to you in universe and Tobs dissinterest in writing for him) that his snobishness does not really go that far.

There is not really much there to cause such strong vitriol here.

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
I think he is overhated because, quite frankly, he is so easy to ignore. Unless you have Hime Kinu, the most you need to interact with him is when he gives you a quest. And even outside of it, he is so limited in terms of content (owing to his dissinterest in talking to you in universe and Tobs dissinterest in writing for him) that his snobishness does not really go that far.

There is not really much there to cause such strong vitriol here.
It is so easy to ignore if I cut off one of your arms. You still have the other arm, so you should just ignore missing one of them.

There is not really much there to cause such strong vitriol here. :Kappa:

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
It is so easy to ignore if I cut off one of your arms. You still have the other arm, so you should just ignore missing one of them.

There is not really much there to cause such strong vitriol here. :Kappa:
Oh no! My arm! Curse you! Even though I kept asking you to cut it; even though I could have easily ignored you; even though I gave you my saw that was just there to gather some wood; even though I myself had to finish it off cause you yourself could not saw it off I did it all because I needed something to complain about -- curse you all the same!

Last edited:
Reactions: smithsmithsmith
2.90 star(s) 109 Votes