GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Kas wants all the benefits and none of the drawbacks. She wants a soul and also to keep all her memories. The CoC I method of restoring souls to demons costs them their personality and memories.

No writer pretends Alissa is really worth keeping around, so she can get the CoC I way.
If the mc can team with her to bully Ryn I'd be happy.

Oct 10, 2021
If the mc can team with her to bully Ryn I'd be happy.
In a just world that'd happen, but hold your expectations low - this is CoC II.

I always wished there was a way for the Champ to skip ahead during the tutorial and charm the panties off Alissa before Kas got there. They can get driven out by Kas later and have to set up in the Wayfort. You can let Alissa bully Ryn, join in, or tell her to cool it. Alissa is such a simp for Kas that she'd totally be one for the Champ if they got there first too.

Last edited:

Raptor_RXN

Jan 20, 2024
Kas wants all the benefits and none of the drawbacks. She wants a soul and also to keep all her memories. The CoC I method of restoring souls to demons costs them their personality and memories.

No writer pretends Alissa is really worth keeping around, so she can get the CoC I way.
honestly didn't know about the memory loss part

Careful now this is starting to sound like a powerfantasy!
We don't do that here.
No! Savin, please! It's j-just a misunderstanding! Please, don't get Tobs to write another moderate length novel about agrarian kitsune traditions!

Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
these days Savin is the only one left with quality characters.
I agree Savin is a really talented writer. But it's not like it's (that) lopsided. Just that others have swung and missed.
SkoW honestly hasn't been bad (lately) and Gardeford hits way more than he misses. e.g; even if Tarah isn't your cup of tea that is an extremely packed NPC.

Aileh is a great NPC and so is Ahmri. Both have tons of things to do that isn't sex which gives them more character than being libido on legs. In addition to that, Freja and Aster both have some of the most content of any of your progeny in the game and were obviously given a buncha effort. Aster has reactions for every single one of your party members. Even Viviane. When was the last time anybody did anything for her? Gardeford could have phoned it in like Alante.

Dunno if this is just for her appearance during the Palace of Ice quest
Seems that way. That art is done by DCL so it was always going to end up getting replaced eventually.

he CoC I method of restoring souls to demons costs them their personality and memories.
The only reason Lethice lost her memories was that the Lethicite used wasn't hers and was used by Marae to give her a new soul. Game says the creation of a new soul and her rapid transformation to a non corrupted creature is what robbed her.

For this game whatever the cat god's name was implied (and presumably did) merge souls back to his followers. Obvious Kass isn't getting any help from there. Alyssa, monster though she may be, was a victim as well. And if they're all roughly as strong as another there's no reason to assume Lumina can't do it too.

Who knows. If she does get cured I can only imagine it's going to end up as yet another poly thing with you, her, and Etheryn.

Edit: Good lord, what a mess of proofreading.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2022
I like all of prime DCL's art better than moira's.
I had to look up on the wiki to see exactly what artwork DCL made, as it's been a few years since I played, but, I agree DCL's artwork was my default for many of the COC2 characters when I played. It's very clean, not ridiculous-looking, distinctive, good usuage of different colors, and the characters are objectively attractive. Moira is pretty good too, and it would've been cool if Akira-Raikou had more artwork to share.

Last edited:

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Don't we have Alissa's soul crystal? I forget. We could try and plug it back into Alissa, wipe her memories like in CoC I, and get a rebooted Alissa with a soul.

Then turn her into an amazonian elf baby factory for the Champ.
On the one hand, not a bad idea...
On the other hand... you could just slay the demon, keep the soul crystal for power, and grab literally any other rando elf bitch instead.
Its not like there is a shortage of nameless NPC elves that could be promoted into a named NPC.

Yeppers34

Aug 11, 2021
On the one hand, not a bad idea...
On the other hand... you could just slay the demon, keep the soul crystal for power, and grab literally any other rando elf bitch instead.
Its not like there is a shortage of nameless NPC elves that could be promoted into a named NPC.
Yeah they could do that since it does sound interesting..but uh that sounds like a power fantasy buddy and we don't do that here

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
Aileh is a great NPC and so is Ahmri. Both have tons of things to do that isn't sex which gives them more character than being libido on legs. In addition to that, Freja and Aster both have some of the most content of any of your progeny in the game and were obviously given a buncha effort. Aster has reactions for every single one of your party members. Even Viviane. When was the last time anybody did anything for her? Gardeford could have phoned it in like Alante.
I like the idea of Aileh, and i would be on board with the overall wholesome theme if i at least liked her sexual content, but since i don't all i'm left is the narrative. And there's virtually no conflict or friction there to keep me engaged, especially considering what Aileh is as a character - a dragon, raised by demons, daughter of the main villain - and where her storyline goes - we get her pregnant, and she has a kid, whose grandmother is our love interest, and she's also the main villain, who does it all because she can't have kids.

I guess it's fine if one just wants the wholesome and/or likes the sexual content, but i personally like much better the white fox girl (Kailani?) and her adopted kid. I don't like the sexual content there either, but the storyline is engaging and the kid is more than just "she looks cute, and she's wholesome, and that's her character" (plus, it also somewhat keeps track of our corruption level to boot).

As for Ahmri, ngl i think she's filing for child support on my game cause my Champion hasn't seen her since the marriage.

Tsubuhaza

Sep 28, 2020
Oh most definitely people here hated Etheryn's quest. Especially when it forces you to take it up the butt from her to get the romantic closure people has been asking for years.
To be fair, wasn't there a shindig about how she wanted to be a full lady or something until she just didn't? Think there was some convoluted reply to that question too.

Gotta say, a while back I hunted down the newest version of the xianxia mod for the original coc. Not a huge fan of the xianxia genre generally, but it was still far more enjoyable than playing through coc2 on a new character. There's just so much shit in coc2 that I don't really care about but feel like I'll be missing out on something if I don't do it regardless.
The only thing I felt coc2 had going for it was that it's...shinier? I guess?
I mean... it has art, I guess? Would also say no Urta but I think the sequel got that field covered generously.

Please, don't get Tobs to write another moderate length novel about agrarian kitsune traditions!
Too late, a bust for Karl-tsune Marx is already in production.

2.80 star(s) 105 Votes