4.70 star(s) 59 Votes

FilthySloth

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2020
Got the same error. It only happens until Kiko is introduced as a character.

Edit: Then another error shortly after. Seems like the text size is not defined correctly.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While processing text tag {size-40} in u"{size=-2}{font=ComicHelvetic_Heavy.otf}{size-40}...but I wasn't joking that time...{/size}{/size}{/font}".:
  File "game/events/day4.rpy", line 396, in script
    ma "{size-40}...but I wasn't joking that time...{/size}"
Exception: Unknown text tag u'size-40'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/events/day4.rpy", line 396, in script
    ma "{size-40}...but I wasn't joking that time...{/size}"
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/exports.py", line 1384, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/character.py", line 1179, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/character.py", line 851, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/character.py", line 601, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/display/core.py", line 3007, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/display/core.py", line 3517, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/display/core.py", line 2377, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 263, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/display/layout.py", line 751, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/display/layout.py", line 751, in render
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/display/screen.py", line 681, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1156, in render
    st, at)
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/text/text.py", line 2033, in render
    virtual_layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, drawable_res=False, size_only=True)
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/text/text.py", line 607, in __init__
    self.paragraphs = self.segment(text.tokens, style, renders, text)
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/text/text.py", line 1218, in segment
    raise Exception("Unknown text tag %r" % text)
Exception: Unknown text tag u'size-40'

Linux-4.15.0-135-generic-x86_64-with-debian-buster-sid
Ren'Py 7.4.2.1292
CorruptionTime 0.02b
Sun Feb 28 14:32:24 2021
Oh ffs... sorry...

- The Kiko thing has already been patched.

- The missing image isn't missing but I obviously managed to start typing in the wrong place at somepoint so that got screwed up.

- Same thing seems to have happened with the size tag.

I'm sort of amazed that you are 1st person to report these. I'll patch again in a bit.

As an aside it seems clear I could do with some play testers, as having lots of options is fun, but makes missing little fuck-ups like these super easy from my point of view. If you'd be interested PM me.

Reactions: Burt and Duke Leo

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
I hate when dream sequences spoil the whole thing right from the start... Ruins the whole pacing of games imo. Basically like giant spoilers, like showing the end of a movie right at the start... I'll never understand decisions like this. I enjoy the slow build up of a relationship to get to sex over many events that get more and more revealing and you building the relationship. Then it feels like a big payoff when you get there. But a dream sequence right away where you're suddenly porking them before you've even seen them nude or anything just ruins that pacing imo and makes me not care much anymore.
In most cases I agree. It is taking away the climatic reward and turning it into a "fake" scene, which has little to no impact. I think it works here because the dreams are the vector of corruption, or at least one vector. I still find the dream scenes the least interesting so far.
- The Kiko thing has already been patched.
It hasn’t, actually. I intentionally waited for the 2b version because I didn’t want to apply the patch. (I’ve been using the .sh executable, fyi. It might be fixed if you use the exe, maybe?)
As an aside it seems clear I could do with some play testers, as having lots of options is fun, but makes missing little fuck-ups like these super easy from my point of view. If you'd be interested PM me.
While I wouldn’t mind playtesting stuff if I have the time, I actually consider this thread to be the playtesters. Same with commenters of webserials also acting as spellcheckers. In any case, I’ll probably play the next few versions anyway, so feel free to send me anything you want tested. No guarantee that I won’t be busy, obviously.

FilthySloth

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2020
It hasn’t, actually. I intentionally waited for the 2b version because I didn’t want to apply the patch. (I’ve been using the .sh executable, fyi. It might be fixed if you use the exe, maybe?)
Hmmmm.... that makes no sense.... I have retested this a few times, and the way the code is right now there is no way this should still be happening.

You wouldn't be so kind as so share the error you are getting?

There was an issue someone else seemed to have with Linux where it was persistently referencing an earlier build of the game (in that case it kept loading the code from Rev 0.01a) could be this is what is happening here?

kibaasura

Nov 27, 2017
I'm obviously very blind as I cannot find the PM button. I would love to test out Corruption Time! I love the art style and the progression so far. I will say that on the Mac version, there is some sluggishness between screen transitions or if you open a menu. Regardless, I will be following this one!

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
There was an issue someone else seemed to have with Linux where it was persistently referencing an earlier build of the game (in that case it kept loading the code from Rev 0.01a) could be this is what is happening here?
It might be. Same happens if I load the save just before the error using the .exe, though.

Code:

While running game code: 
  File "game/events/day4.rpy", line 47, in script 
    ki "Hmmm... small world I guess." 
KeyError: u'kiko_name' 

Full traceback: 
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute 
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/exports.py", line 1384, in say 
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/character.py", line 1158, in __call__ 
    who = who_pattern.replace("[who]", sub(who)) 
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/character.py", line 1153, in sub 
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0] 
  File "/home/gnom/Downloads/Ames/CorruptionTime-0.02b-pc/renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute 
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) 
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat 
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat 
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field 
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value 

Linux-4.15.0-135-generic-x86_64-with-debian-buster-sid 
Ren'Py 7.4.2.1292 
CorruptionTime 0.02b 
Sun Feb 28 15:42:29 2021

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1384, in say
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1158, in __call__
    who = who_pattern.replace("[who]", sub(who))
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1153, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.4.2.1292
CorruptionTime 0.02b
Sun Feb 28 15:44:35 2021

FilthySloth

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2020
Looks like it is same sort of thing occurring.

The code for that line is now on Line 48 not Line 47 (I inserted a line to fix this bug), it seems you are running old code.

I have no idea what is going on that this is occurring. I'll look into what is going on with Linux installations here, in the meantime may I suggest deleting the entire game and doing a fresh install... you shouldn't lose your saves as these are stored elsewhere.

BTW. It shouldn't make any difference whether you run through the .sh or .exe as these are just different routes to the same fundamental python code.

FilthySloth

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2020
Well I am perplexed what the sam hell is going on now.... that code is at Line 55 not 54, or should be post patch.

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
I have no idea what is going on that this is occurring. I'll look into what is going on with Linux installations here, in the meantime may I suggest deleting the entire game and doing a fresh install... you shouldn't lose your saves as these are stored elsewhere.
The thing is, I did that. I completely deleted the old version 0.1, emptied the trash, downloaded the old v0.2, also deleted that and emptied the trash, then downloaded v0.2b and unpacked it.

There should not be any old code to run. I couldn’t even use my old saves from 0.2 because the game didn’t automatically find them. Had to restart the game.

The only thing I can think of is that the walkthrough mod somehow adds old code back in, which would suck.

FilthySloth

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2020
Well that makes no sense at all... I rechecked the uploaded pack to make sure that the code wasn't moved around somehow. This is going to drive me nuts...

Could you open up .../game/events/day4.rpy (any text editor will do) and find Line 41 it should read:

Code:
$ kiko_name = "........"
The save thing makes sense as per OP it was intentional that these wouldn't work.

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
I just checked. It’s the walkthrough mod. It replaces the day4.rpy with the old one. (I.e., line 40 says "$ kimeet = True" while the name is only defined in line 91.) Not your fault, JokerLeader needs to update the mod.

Edit: Checked the base game. No error without the mod. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
From earlier dialogue he mentioned it as sole male though. He also didn't really elaborate on it when questioned. I mean... just look at the title image. There's not a rat's chance in hell it's sole male in its current form. I thought he was gonna do a sole male route but I'm guessing that's not gonna happen.

I'm guessing he thought it meant something like "sole male protagonist" but language barriers and whatnot.
Well this is only your personal opinion not a fact.
We will see in future.

And "the language barrier" part is also mildly insulting like calling the problem comprehension barrier

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
I just checked. It’s the walkthrough mod. It replaces the day4.rpy with the old one. (I.e., line 40 says "$ kimeet = True" while the name is only defined in line 91.) Not your fault, JokerLeader needs to update the mod.

I added a note in OP

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019

I added a note in OP
I did a fix a few hours after i noticed, and i got no errors with my mod.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
In most cases I agree. It is taking away the climatic reward and turning it into a "fake" scene, which has little to no impact. I think it works here because the dreams are the vector of corruption, or at least one vector. I still find the dream scenes the least interesting so far.
Personally I always skip (using a button usually) the dream sex scenes. In this game it isn't different, I use the skip button in all of this kind of scenes. Not really sure if I can say if I know something interesting about this scenes.

From earlier dialogue he mentioned it as sole male though. He also didn't really elaborate on it when questioned. I mean... just look at the title image. There's not a rat's chance in hell it's sole male in its current form. I thought he was gonna do a sole male route but I'm guessing that's not gonna happen.

I'm guessing he thought it meant something like "sole male protagonist" but language barriers and whatnot.
From previous posts I think he has some kind of plan for Danny on the one male (pure harem) route. I have some suspicions about what he's trying to do, but not really how he's going to do it. In any case, we will see in the future updates.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Well this is only your personal opinion not a fact.
We will see in future.

And "the language barrier" part is also mildly insulting like calling the problem comprehension barrier
It's not my personal opinion that it's what he said.

And I didn't intend to sound insulting if I did. FilthySloth if I said anything to offend you, sorry about that.

Furthermore, I should mention it...

Language barriers aren't a pejorative term. There is no insult in the content.

Last edited:
Reactions: testo2

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017

The dev said that he has plans for a sole male route and a route where he shares the girls with danny. Danny is part of the game so it's normal that he is also in the banner picture. As of right now the only girl danny interacts with in a sexual way is morrigan but she is his girlfriend already when you start the game. Since the routes will be separate I am assuming that danny will not do anything sexual with any of the the other girls unless you choose too. Otherwise it would kind of defeat the purpose of having the two routes.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 59 Votes