ProtoJoto

Aug 25, 2021
While I have previously rated this game as five stars, if I was going to give a separate rating to the version numbering scheme, that would only rate two.

Aside from that, a great update. One mystery that has me scratching my head: where does Annabelle fit into the founding five? My first thought was that she might be a Fletcher…but CC previously stated that the Fletchers were nearly extinct, to the point that younger members would never have seen one. As Catherine recognizes her, that would seem to rule out that possibility.

There are quite a few games on this site that I really like, but this is the one I enjoy the most.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Randomguy3478

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
please no.

not making the mc the butt of the girls' jokes is what separates this game from the simp simulators *cough* other games
I feel like its healthy to be able to take a joke or two, especially when in a relationship, not saying the MC has to become the butt of all the jokes, but if the girls play a few small pranks then I don't think it would be the end of the world

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
While I have previously rated this game as five stars, if I was going to give a separate rating to the version numbering scheme, that would only rate two.
Cosy is using (properly) the literal most common software version numbering scheme on the planet, semantic versioning (a.k.a. "semver"). It's also the most common AVN version numbering scheme.

Semantic Versioning version numbers are in the format X.Y.Z
X = separate integer, resets Y and Z to 0 when it changes. Represents a major architecture change. AVNs: represents Main Content Completion.
Y = separate integer, resets Z to 0 when it changes. Represents a minor change within the same major version number. AVNs: represents a Content Update.
Z = separate integer. Represents a bugfix or patch within the same minor version. AVNs: an update with no new content. This number can be dropped when it is 0.

This game has gone through a completely normal semver version number progression:
0.1 - Content Update
0.2 - Content Update
0.3 - Content Update, plus Gallery and graphics improvement
0.4 - Content Update
0.4.1 - Bugfix/patch: no new content; reworked Day 1, added sound, added character profiles
0.5 - Content Update
0.6 - Content Update (this was not released to the public since 0.6.1 came out before public release of 0.6)
0.6.1 - Bugfix: no new content; textbox transparency
0.7 - Content Update
0.7.1 - Bugfixes: no new content
0.8 - Content Update
0.8.1 - Bugfix/patch: no new content; render quality improvement, UI updates, minor dialogue changes, music changes

Like, this is quite literally a textbook-correct usage of semver. The mistaken but pervasive assumption that the content update number is a percentage is the source of almost all misunderstandings of version numbering.

toyohew900

Dec 12, 2020
Aside from that, a great update. One mystery that has me scratching my head: where does Annabelle fit into the founding five? My first thought was that she might be a Fletcher…but CC previously stated that the Fletchers were nearly extinct, to the point that younger members would never have seen one. As Catherine recognizes her, that would seem to rule out that possibility.

There are quite a few games on this site that I really like, but this is the one I enjoy the most.
It's possible she's a close relative without the last name. For instance, Fletcher could be her mother's maiden name. I think it more likely she's a distant enough relation for Patreon to not complain about incest.

It would be fascinating if she was the granddaughter of one of MC's grandfather's ex-wives. If all but one left him, most presumably moved on and married other people. It's also possible that some regret divorcing him. What if Anabelle's grandmother told her stories of her true love, the first husband she abandoned out of fear or because of her own father's demands? Anabelle would be curious and perhaps need to deliver a message from her grandmother.

Anabelle and the MC could bond over the tragic lost love between their grandparents.

Reactions: ProtoJoto

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
I took this opportunity to download the new update, got me some snacks and and now I'm goning to chill with this starting from day 1 again because thats how much I like it (y)

On a side note: That toilet paper still weirds me out o_O
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's pre-used. What, in this economy every dollar counts

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
for the girls :sneaky:

yeah, I don't enjoy it - but I understand that it's nowadays proper form to accept disrespect from girls if its presented as a joke

I like my slaves submissive and meek, though ^^
No I mean healthy for the relationship, and for you as a person. If you are in a relationship and they feel like they can't joke with you then that sounds like an awful relationship.
There is a very large gap between joke and disrespect, and I don't expect the kind of "disrespect" will go beyond something like this:
I think the character who I would be worried about actually disrespecting the MC would be Catherine.

" I like my slaves submissive and meek, though ^^ " I don't think the MC would share this sentiment, even with the character who he literally calls his slave, he is considerate of her wishes.
screenshot0001.png
The MC clearly cares about his women, and wouldn't want them to feel like they have to walk on eggshells while he is around

Randomguy3478

Jan 14, 2024
No I mean healthy for the relationship, and for you as a person. If you are in a relationship and they feel like they can't joke with you then that sounds like an awful relationship.
There is a very large gap between joke and disrespect, and I don't expect the kind of "disrespect" will go beyond something like this:
I think the character who I would be worried about actually disrespecting the MC would be Catherine.

" I like my slaves submissive and meek, though ^^ " I don't think the MC would share this sentiment, even with the character who he literally calls his slave, he is considerate of her wishes.
View attachment 3655563
The MC clearly cares about his women, and wouldn't want them to feel like they have to walk on eggshells while he is around

sorry, I don't really get the scene you showed in the spoiler

jokes are fine of course, but if the joke has the boyfriend as the butt it can become problematic, as girls have the tendency to test their guy with stuff like that, and if you accept it too often it can become more and more disrespectful as they often test your boundaries. don't really want to go into details why

I don't mind joking once in a while about my own shortcomings, it may help to keep one humble, but if others do it it smells of disrespect which I never enjoy - especially not from a gf

If a girl is submissive and meek it makes me treat her especially well, as I now have more responsibility over her wellbeing, no?

Cosy has an awesome view on relationships. I have no worries, really.

cool name btw. (y)

4.70 star(s) 156 Votes