RPGM Abandoned Council of Lies [v0.2.2] [Fleeting Hearts]

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Advint

Aug 28, 2017
I've updated the game. A full post has been made on both Patreon and Subscribestar in regards to it. Questions or concerns regarding the update are most easily addressed by me via discord. Also note that at this point I've denoted the previous version as pre-alpha, hence the distinction below.

Advint

Aug 28, 2017
By the way, I took a brief look into the error posted about the quest journal. I'll explain possible reasons in a moment but first I'd like to state the proper way of reporting bugs / errors as of CoL v0.1. (because there's an error log now)

How to report errors or bugs properly:
  • Denote the operating system (e.g. Windows 10, Windows 8, etc.)
  • Copy the log from "CoL\www\Log.txt" and post it (may omit when reporting obvious dev bugs)
  • Describe what went wrong, or was found wrong
  • Describe what happened leading up to the error.
Also, if you get any errors that may be related to file corruption in any way. I pack the games in winrar with a recovery sector. So it may be possible to rebuild the archive from this.

I haven't found one yet, and no one has bothered to offer a fix.
As for the quest journal error. I noticed from the screenshot that you're likely on windows vista. My best guess at the moment is that the javascript libraries are out of date. All code in rpg maker mv runs off of javascript and some have dependencies on these libraries. However it is also possible that word wrapping is causing this (there's no way for you to fix this particular thing). But word wrapping as far as I know is only an issue with android ports using the plugin associated with the journal.

Last edited:

Nerra

Apr 13, 2018
As for the quest journal error. I noticed from the screenshot that you're likely on windows vista.
Windows 7. Like I posted above, running a RPG Maker MV game in Windows XP compatibility mode fixed the black quest log problem.

Advint

Aug 28, 2017
It's been so long, I've forgotten what windows 7 looks like. Regardless, I'm happy you found a resolution at some point.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
That's an excellent start. It's rare to find well made western RPGM game with female protag even thos they're crazy popular in Japan. It has small ocassional bugs (standing portait won't disapear if you click inn door or talk with farmer outside of the first town.) but for how complex and how early in development it is it's really good. Writing is excellent and cgs are above average with really nice MC. For my taste it only lacks some status window for mc (so we can see if she maintained it) but it's nothing serious. Totally worth checking out

Advint

Aug 28, 2017
For my taste it only lacks some status window for mc (so we can see if she maintained it) but it's nothing serious. Totally worth checking out
Menu enhancements like that won't come for a bit. I'll be putting in work on the overall menu over the next few patches. And looking into the status window during that time. But a status menu improvement with bust portraits is something I have planned.
As for the portrait not disappearing, I completely redid the way the main character was drawn. So I'll look into the examples you gave today. I thought I got them all, but obviously not.
The reason I redid it was to optimize the images down the road. The sooner that's done the better for people who don't have faster internet, since the file size will be smaller.

I have attached a rar archive with fixes for those specific busts not being erased. The maps within just need to be placed inside the: CoL\www\data folder. It will ask to override Map006.json, Map013.json, and Map044.json.

Last edited:

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Menu enhancements like that won't come for a bit. I'll be putting in work on the overall menu over the next few patches. And looking into the status window during that time. But a status menu improvement with bust portraits is something I have planned.
As for the portrait not disappearing, I completely redid the way the main character was drawn. So I'll look into the examples you gave today. I thought I got them all, but obviously not.
The reason I redid it was to optimize the images down the road. The sooner that's done the better for people who don't have faster internet, since the file size will be smaller.

I have attached a rar archive with fixes for those specific busts not being erased. The maps within just need to be placed inside the: CoL\www\data folder. It will ask to override Map006.json and Map013.json.
Game is so early in development there is no point in rushing anything. You did great. I struggled to find serious bugs and those busts were not that serious. A little more serious bug I've found is when you go to the king for the first time and before that you talk with priestess or guard in front of king's bedroom from the wrong angle. Game will stuck. I'm pretty sure character is just trying to move into wall in those cases. I've found nothing else. So far so good. Keep it up.

Advint

Aug 28, 2017
Thank you for reporting these. They've been resolved. I've already added the fix to the archive I attached earlier.

riai

Nov 25, 2017
I found a bug (see figure below)

Someone have an idea how to solve this?

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes