VN Ren'Py Abandoned Courtship: A Dance with Love [v0.3.1] [Professor Historian]

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes

Who is your favorite love interest so far?

• Total voters

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
Like I tried saying in the beginning,
Last reply I am making to you because ''blah blah blah'' is what you are saying while sticking fingers in your ( metaphorical ) ears. You don't pay attention to replies, that is the problem, you are saying the same thing over and over from the beginning while ignoring the answers and how conversation evolves. I could literally reply to your whole message by copy pasting my own quotes from my previous messages.

it's a you problem.
It's always been about what you want.
Never said it was not, this was discussed.

But then you came at me with an essay lining out how blah blah blah is and should be.
No I have not, this was discussed. Nothing should be, and I did not come with an essay at you.

Your own morality has no place in Professor Historian's game.
No it does not, and morality has nothing to do with this, this was discussed.

But if he wants to change it, it's his game.
Yes, as I myself have pointed out to the dev multiple times in my conversation with the dev.

Not many people will like the change.
But hey, as long as you get what you want, who cares what others want. Right?
The suggested change is not a ''change'', As was previously discussed. That is like saying if MC drinks coffee in the morning and the dev adds a button to drink either tea or coffee - that people will not like that change. What is stopping you from selecting coffee?

Last edited:

NoMansMind

Sep 5, 2022
considering the scenario: competition would make sense, since you already have to lay your focus on certain girls, so, the ones that don't get your attention, would slowly drift away from you (your choice!), and into the arms of another competitor. I don't mean necessary NTR (I don't want anyone to freak out, please! ;). I am, so to speak, a burnt child in that regard. those people are ruthless... and I won't "discuss" it!). no sexual conduct has to be shown (for the sake of peace:rolleyes:). but since you are playing a game (of love) there would be naturally other players. lets say, you have a certain amount of time to show interest in a lady, or she is gone! (decided at the end of chapter x. not to hard, is it? because harem shouldn't be an option anyway). in addition, you could be given the opportunity, to sabotage other "players"(and, in that process, agitate them?). pregnancy, on the other hand, makes no sense, because it would effectively end "the game", given the scenario! (...and, I don't want it! please, don't!)

• Angry
Reactions: Singh5534

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
considering the scenario: competition would make sense, since you already have to lay your focus on certain girls, so, the ones that don't get your attention, would slowly drift away from you (your choice!), and into the arms of another competitor. I don't mean necessary NTR (I don't want anyone to freak out, please! ;). I am, so to speak, a burnt child in that regard. those people are ruthless... and I won't "discuss" it!). no sexual conduct has to be shown (for the sake of peace:rolleyes:). but since you are playing a game (of love) there would be naturally other players. lets say, you have a certain amount of time to show interest in a lady, or she is gone! (decided at the end of chapter x. not to hard, is it? because harem shouldn't be an option anyway). in addition, you could be given the opportunity, to sabotage other "players"(and, in that process, agitate them?). pregnancy, on the other hand, makes no sense, because it would effectively end "the game", given the scenario! (...and, I don't want it! please, don't!)
only person I wanna sabotage is that douche with a top hat. I'm sure we all agree it does NOT in fact make him taller and he deserves it. that being said, I am torn between 2 girls: the girl who offered us tons of sex with her, her sisters, etc. and the beautiful yet standoffish duchess

NoMansMind

Sep 5, 2022
the system I would like to see implemented would work something like this:

*ignore a girl 2 times in a row (when you would have had the chance to meet her) and she shows up with another suitor on events.
*at this point, you got 2 chances to sabotage the fiend (as an additional option, when you would normaly choose the girl to spend time with). meaning: you can ignore them one time!
*if you sabotage the same guy 2 or 3 times, its "satisfaction" time and possibly game over!
*in short: if you ignore a girl 4 times in a row, she is gone for good and with another guy!

with time management it should be possible do keep all girls in play, because not every girl shows up at every occasion.
it would be absolutely no problem, if you concentrate on 2 or 3 girls.
I think, this would make everything a whole lot more interesting!

Last edited:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I think Augusta is going to be a wild one
Maybe she would even be down for a threesome with Sally

Heck she might not even mind if I keep Sally as a mistress
I just have to make room for Jane as well somehow

So many beautiful ladies, So little time

• Haha
Reactions: ImariKurumi

Heretic66

Oct 26, 2021
From what I read, so many people are making the game seem complicated. It's not. Just pick a girl and stick with her. Of course this is my opinion and I'm not trying to force anyone to believe as I do. Everyone has their own way of playing. I just prefer not to complicate any games that I play. Life is complicated, no reason to make games be the same way.

RewindWorld

Jan 27, 2020
not sure if I'm the only one but I'm aiming for the Duchess. she looks like she needs some love and I imagine with MC, she could get that. also despite an age difference, she is still really attractive
I feel like age difference for her is kind of overplayed. She's only 6 years older. It's really not that much.

ImariKurumi

Nov 21, 2022
I really liked the update

Augusta is awesome
I'm looking forward to seeing more of her in the future

I also really liked that scene with Sally where the mc could touch her hand
Gotta admit, initially i wasn't really liking Augusta. She seems more like the materialistic and promiscuous kind intending to use you, at best a side piece.

When you don't court her, she'd proposition you lewd promises and it caught me off guard and it got me thinking with the wrong head and replaying the game to court her instead of the duchess lol.

But when you court her, she gets conflicted and angry. Its obvious why. Theres more to her than what we see on the surface.

At least for now, her character has the most layers to them and i'm really liking her.

Last edited:

yasenib

Mar 12, 2020
You, sir, are an inspiration. Cheers!

Hello everyone,

Chapter II of Courtship: A Dance With Love is now available to play! Check page 1 of this thread for links. I'll add some more later.

It adds:
  • 413 new renders for a total of 863 renders
  • 2 new animated scenes, including 1 new lewd scene
  • Over 700 new lines of dialogue
  • 1 new side girl and 1 new love interest: Eliza and Princess Shirley!
  • 1 new historical side character: Mary Shelley
  • 15 new special renders to unlock for a total of 30
  • 7 new sets
  • 15 new scenes
  • 5 new songs for a total of 17
  • 4 new sounds for a total of 8
  • Improved and reworked Chapter I
A lot of hard work went into this episode, so I hope you guys will enjoy it!

How to help the game grow

Well, becoming a supporter on or is the best way to do that. I also have a Promo Tier right now where you can get the perks of the Queen Tier at half price, and the lowest tier is only around US$2.50. If you want to just donate as a one-time thing, you can always use the or . Every penny helps!

If you’d rather help some other way, leaving a review always help tremendously. You can leave one here, on , or on . You can also follow me on and . Besides that, every like, comment and share is always appreciated.

About the new Incest Tag

Funnily enough, Courtship is probably the best-suited game for the incest tag, in the way that marriage between cousins was commonplace at the time. So, starting in Chapter III, we will have some light incest content. To those who worry about Patreon rules, after talking to some dev friends, it seems that they don’t target cousin incest that much, plus I have the perfect counter: it’s historical.

As always, thanks for your support everyone!

Prof

• Red Heart
Reactions: Professor Historian

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
I'm surprised so many people like Sally I get she's had the deepest amount of content but I would caution the dev that it's a self fullfilling prophecy at the moment.

My rank list:

Elinor I find the most interesting so far. Like the MC himself I'm very curious to see if there is some depth to her behind her parents oppression. I hope once MC opens up to her and she feels secure we get to know her better and she stops being so demure.

Jane is probably second. She's pretty basic but friends to lovers is a glorious trope for a reason.

Augusta I really like. Beyond being sexy and seductive she would make a good partner for MC standing up to his mother riling her up a fun equal partner.

Princess Shirley. She's a princess - enough said.

Duchess is kind of meh. Don't know anything about her but at the same time theres no hook there unless your fortune seeking at which case why not go for the princess?

Emma - she is pretty and like Augusta I think she would make a good partner and while I do like that she is probably the only one besides Shirley that MC will have to actively seduce her lack of title and content so far puts her behind the others.

Sally - ehhhh.... she's cute and good for a tumble but not wifey material and just distracting atm it feels.

While MC will only get 1 wife at the end will any of the girls resort to being a mistress? I could see Emma Jane and Sally doing it for love and Augusta doing it for money.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I played the new chapter, and overall I liked it. The game has a great setting, the plot is off to a good start, the ladies are almost all intriguing, and the MC is unusually relatable despite being very foreign to modern sensibilities. I haven't explored every possibility, but other than wishing it was longer my only real complaint is that the branching feels a little too sharp a divide for given how little feedback we get that there IS a branch.

Let's dig into the details a little.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Alright, I think that about sums up my thoughts. Looking forward to Chapter 3!

tl;dr A solid second outing that continues the strengths of the first chapter: interesting characters, a well paced story, and a setting that is both engrossing and memorable.

Vasin

Nov 20, 2018
Gallery pictures for sure need some kind of hint system to at least let the player know what character they feature and what stat / choice they pertain to. It's also exacerbated by the fact that some of the renders are unlocked just by playing without any additional requirements and some you have to contort yourself to get. They all should require extra effort.

Also, game crashes when trying to view Jane 2.png because it can't find it.

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
tl;dr A solid second outing that continues the strengths of the first chapter: interesting characters, a well paced story, and a setting that is both engrossing and memorable.
Thanks for this incredible feedback! I'll try to add greyed out options in Chapter III and be more clear on what the player might miss on if he chooses a certain path over another. I'll also try to be a bit less restrictive with my branching.

Gallery pictures for sure need some kind of hint system to at least let the player know what character they feature and what stat / choice they pertain to. It's also exacerbated by the fact that some of the renders are unlocked just by playing without any additional requirements and some you have to contort yourself to get. They all should require extra effort.

Also, game crashes when trying to view Jane 2.png because it can't find it.
Thanks, I'll look into that! I'll also try to rework the album to make it more user-friendly, but it might take a while.

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes