VN Ren'Py Abandoned Courtship: A Dance with Love [v0.3.1] [Professor Historian]

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes

Who is your favorite love interest so far?

• Total voters

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
Gentlemen, please. Look at the titties and make peace. For Sally.
I am personally done, I said everything I had to say, you heard it, which I am very grateful for and the most funny thing is I had a polite and understanding conversation with you but got mobbed by bystanders of the conversation.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
You got it absolutely correctly.

Like I previously replied, your background is absolutely historically accurate, it does not need a justification, there is nothing wrong with your ideas.

What I suggested was - either make one single slide for the player to choose whether they were a hoe or not OR remove a single line of text from said slide in order to make it more ambiguous and for the player to decide what debauchery means. In doing so you expand the game to players who are looking for similar things as I am. Nothing else needs to be changed about he game, so far through out the whole game I have not read anymore lines referring to MC's promiscuous past. Unless somewhere down the line you want to include dialogue that talks more in-depth about it, one slide is all we are talking about.

Once again, whether you want to do that or not is up to you, your game is still good and can be enjoyed in other different ways.
I'm interested in this, why does the fact that MC has been with a prostitute before, taint the romance with Sally? Shouldn't the only things matter what they currently are or feel towards each other, if we're being romantic? Shouldn't we accept that MC or LI might have acted/done things before that they aren't proud off and despite those things still be able to love the other? I'm asking this as someone who enjoys good romance/love story.

(Edit. I'm not trying to mob or attack you, i'm honestly curious of the thought process)

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
this may seem dumb of me but could someone kindly remind me of the Duchess' first name?

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
I'm interested in this, why does the fact that MC has been with a prostitute before, taint the romance with Sally? Shouldn't the only things matter what they currently are or feel towards each other, if we're being romantic? Shouldn't we accept that MC or LI might have acted/done things before that they aren't proud off and despite those things still be able to love the other? I'm asking this as someone who enjoys good romance/love story.

(Edit. I'm not trying to mob or attack you, i'm honestly curious of the thought process)
Sure, not saying it is impossible, just not very attractive to me. If I am playing a game for romance I want it to be as good as possible, promiscuous past subtracts from that for me, I prefer love stories in which partners are not damaged, where they don't play a ''captain save a hoe'' for each other, it is kinda bittersweet, while I like the more happy vibes. I just have the same exact criteria for men as for women. Sure, you can have a female LI who was a prostitute, or has been around the block, but she will not be as attractive to me as a girl who is a virgin, same exact thing for the MC, because for me a good romance is not one sided, both parties have to be good for each other, and if MC had a promiscuous past, well then I can only pair him up with a promiscuous girl, because in my eyes a virgin girl deserves someone who did not have that past, there is an imbalance.

CleanJebboy

Feb 28, 2022
Confused as there are still non-Sally LIs? I assume they are meant to be merely palate cleansers for the main dish or perhaps an elaborate practical joke by the dev?

Glad to see the new release!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Professor Historian

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Sure, not saying it is impossible, just not very attractive to me. If I am playing a game for romance I want it to be as good as possible, promiscuous past subtracts from that for me, I prefer love stories in which partners are not damaged, where they don't play a ''captain save a hoe'' for each other, it is kinda bittersweet, while I like the more happy vibes. I just have the same exact criteria for men as for women. Sure, you can have a female LI who was a prostitute, or has been around the block, but she will not be as attractive to me as a girl who is a virgin, same exact thing for the MC, because for me a good romance is not one sided, both parties have to be good for each other, and if MC had a promiscuous past, well then I can only pair him up with a promiscuous girl, because in my eyes a virgin girl deserves someone who did not have that past, there is an imbalance.
Why would someone having had past lovers be damaging? Or is bad for the partner if you've had experience before? Now i can understand if there actually was something destructive behind that behaviour, that you'd might be worried, but said behaviour in on itself isn't damaging. Again, i'm honestly trying to understand since i find this virginity worship, again not attacking you but baffled by the idea that virginity is something special, or makes you somehow more worthy something.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Why would someone having had past lovers be damaging? Or is bad for the partner if you've had experience before? Now i can understand if there actually was something destructive behind that behaviour, that you'd might be worried, but said behaviour in on itself isn't damaging. Again, i'm honestly trying to understand since i find this virginity worship, again not attacking you but baffled by the idea that virginity is something special, or makes you somehow more worthy something.
As I tried to explain to him, it's more about his own personal morality and he can't judge the game by that.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
Sigh, off-topic af, I'll just put it into a spoiler:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
Hey, having trouble unlocking a lot of images from the album in the new updates despite trying a lot of alternative saves on my end. Any help would be appreciated :confused:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
It is not about what is right it is about what I want.
Like I tried saying in the beginning, it's a you problem. But then you came at me with an essay lining out how blah blah blah is and should be.

It's always been about what you want. Your own morality has no place in Professor Historian's game. But if he wants to change it, it's his game. Not many people will like the change. But hey, as long as you get what you want, who cares what others want. Right?

No need to respond to me with another essay about how it's also a me problem. As I already know that if the dev changes his game because of your want, yes, it will be a me problem.

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes